/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Police discrimination?

Protected_Diamond
10-17-2006, 08:02 PM
:sl:

Has anyone got any notes or articles regarding this issue? Im going to base my sociology coursework on this

Jazahka Allah khairan for any help or advice!

:)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-17-2006, 08:49 PM

ohh sis what would u like to know i maybe able to help..is it for as or a2 socilogy courswrk!!:):)

Protected_Diamond
10-17-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sum-Muslim-Gal

ohh sis what would u like to know i maybe able to help..is it for as or a2 socilogy courswrk!!:):)

yeah it is. Do you think you'll be able to help me?

If not it's cool.....:)

strider
10-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Hmm.. this was a pretty big thing: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3210614.stm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
10-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Jazahka Allah for that. Im reading it now. :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-17-2006, 09:09 PM

i will have to look back to my AS notes n ma book...i could post it u lol..

have u just started sis...

i think my As coursework i based it on forced marriages in asian culture etc... and backed it up with islamic quotes...

and my A2 coursework was based on GAY/////muslims.....now this was really really interesting as i got hold of some one to do my investigation!!!:)

if u stuck with urs sis i can list loads of other subjects u can do which mayb easy for...but its up2 u sis....:)
am happy to help...

Protected_Diamond
10-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Its cool sister, jazahka Allah khiaran fro helping me. Very kind and sweet of you. Im doing A2, so any notes or leaflets would be much appreciated! :D
Gay muslims? wow....what did you find, like what was your hypothesis?
Sounds good sister!

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-17-2006, 09:22 PM

aaaw sis u in a2 u still havent started ur crswrk...we had to do ours in the summer n mine is done at the moment its on a grade B but gona pull it up2 a A..inshaAllah

my rationale..well i wanted to find out the attitudes of muslims and how they feel about the issue and ...the reasons from the gay ppl them self...and i got some really intersting data..because i chose to do a face to face interveiw but because it was a brother i had to change my method and do an inteview thru email!!!..and i actually felt soooo sorry for him..his story was so sad...

it was really interesting i really wanted to help him..but it was hard!!!

eeermm on ma context i used the real life intereviews u knw there was a programme on channel 4 a while back on gay muslims...that was part ofmy data..and yeh so on...

:w::)

Protected_Diamond
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
wow!! thats well deep. The reaction will obviously be negative init sis, coz its haraam in islam. Thats a smart idea sister! I find sociology intresting as well, love learning about different communities and socities. It's soo intresting, their culture and values obviously differ and stuff like that :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-17-2006, 09:31 PM

sis heres few ideas i have u can base ur crswrk on.

=police brutallity(similar to what u wanna do) n u can mention that raid that happened in london..

=Islamophobia , links with all sorts...

=Pedophile(spl) eeerm there was something recently on panaorama about catholic pedos n stuff on pope which u can get from bbc site.

=gay muslims if u want to....

=Domestic violence this goes back to families in AS...

=tennage pregnance...

=recent one on the veil.....

there is loads sis...i will be going on forever lol...alot of things that link with society in different ways!!!:):)

let me knw if help needed:)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-17-2006, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Salamah
wow!! thats well deep. The reaction will obviously be negative init sis, coz its haraam in islam. Thats a smart idea sister! I find sociology intresting as well, love learning about different communities and socities. It's soo intresting, their culture and values obviously differ and stuff like that :)

yes i really enjoy sociology alot because its helped me grasp alot about the society we living in today..:):)

yes its haram in islam...but they value that..whilist i was interviewing i couldnt bring in my personal feelings because that would offened the participant!!! so i had to do it like a reall sociologist would...:):)

Protected_Diamond
10-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Jazahka Allah kahiran again sister, but i think i wana do police discrimination. Really intrested in this kinda stuff but not sure whether i'll be able to find sociological theories regarding this issue. That's hard.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-17-2006, 09:40 PM

theres loads..sis read the guardian, independent, the times.... well thats what my teacher makes us do.. well put into teams n then ever week we have a papaer round up lol..each team reads different papers...n feed back is given back to class...

u knw what type in ur hypothesis...again n i will ask ma teachers shes cooolll... i will ask her she wiilll help lol!!! although i wont b goin in 2mz 1st lesson but i will ask inshaAllah:)

Protected_Diamond
10-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Okay cool, jazahka Allah khairan. I'll type it up tomorrow insha Allah coz i've left it in the other house.

I'll see you around tomorrow insha Allah. Will type it up tomorrow insha Allah, around 12ish. Im free then.

jazahka Allah khairan agaian sister! :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-17-2006, 09:45 PM

am free all afternoon till 2:30 inshaAllah i will ask...n if i can cum on i will try inshaAllah...yes see u around...:):)

goodluck with it sis..inshaAllah u'll do well:):)

now i need to make a move on my english crswrk...lol...:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.