/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I got many questions

Joey
10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
salam o alaykoom

first of all i live in a ghetto in south sweden and im into criminality but i wanna be a good muslim for once but nobody in my familys religious so most of the answers i get is ''i dont know'' so i turned to the internet.i used to be shia but got confused by the war and everything so im neither of them just a muslim.

1. is it true that if someone kill you you go str8 to heave NOMATTER what?

2. if not a human but an animal has killed you is that the same rule (if question 1 is true)

3.if your not a muslim and get killed is that the same heaven rules?

4. if nothing living kill you is it the same? (like in a car crash or something)

5. if you kill yourself by accident what happens then?

6. what about someone threatening to kill and you encourage them and they do it?

7. what the HE** is the differense between shia and sunna

8. and this is about something completely else, see im a arabic speaking half kurdish iraqi and half kurdish persian so as far as i know arabs are not white people and what about persians and i heared kurdish people used to be in europe and europe are white people so are kurdish people white or brown???

9. if your a muslim but not religious, does alot of sins, doesnt pray and is a criminal and you get killed do you go to heaven?

10. is it possible to go to hell for a time then go to heaven

11. WEEEEED, MARIJUANA, MARY-JANE, CHRONIC, GRASS....is it allowed?!?!?!?!?!?!

12. im not gay but im just wondering if homosexuallity is haram then why cant you change back to str8 if you fall into the wrong ''team''? (or is it not haram in that case its getting weird and it should be)

13. do you have to die in a muslim country?

14. is it allowed to live in a non muslim country?

15. is it allowed to live in the u.s.?

16. can a jin kill you or even harm you, if so then what is their limit befor they snap?

17. is it allowed to kill a natzi or a racist?

18. is it allowed to kill a terrorist? (i mean their still gonna die anyway and take a bunch of people with them)

19. if you kill one or more people then get killed to you go to heaven?

20. is it haram to be a crack dealer or a person who sells any kind of drugs?

21. is there like an amount of suras you GOTTA know?

22. hiphop music is pretty much poetry with a beat to it, is it haram?

23. do you have to know how to write/read arabic?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Joey
10-24-2006, 10:28 PM
i forgot to add that im only 15years old and 16 in 2months inshaalah, so therefor you might consider some of my questions kind of ridiclous.

and i dont know how to modify my last post so i had to make a new.

any answers will be very appreciated!:)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joey
salam o alaykoom
wasalaam :)

it depends on ur state of islam i gess, u cant expect to be holdin a bottle of alcohol in one hand a cigarrete in the other and get stabbed then go heaven lol.

2. if not a human but an animal has killed you is that the same rule (if question 1 is true)
i gess so, its still bein killed :?

lol no, u gotta be muslim

4. if nothing living kill you is it the same? (like in a car crash or something)
lol u think bout death a lot mashaAllah

it'll be quite serious yet funny at the same time. By accident, Allah knows best.

6. what about someone threatening to kill and you encourage them and they do it?
lol dude i'll answer the rest when i stop cracking up ;D ;D ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 10:29 PM
i forgot to add that im only 15years old and 16 in 2months inshaalah, so therefor you might consider some of my questions kind of ridiclous.

and i dont know how to modify my last post so i had to make a new.

any answers will be very appreciated!:)
bro im gnna answer as soon as i can,

seriously a lot of respect for researching on this. I wish u success bro :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Joey
10-24-2006, 10:39 PM
thanks man appreciat that alot brotha

Pk_#2
10-24-2006, 10:42 PM
WalaykumSalaam, bro

NOO LOOL, i dun fink so!

urm, how do u know wer u gna die, you die where you die, fullstop! Duno if it's better for a person, if they die in a Muslim country, better funeral arrangements lol

yeahhh, what country's non-muslims? were everywhere man, anyways wen times get rough, just go to a more Muslim populated country.

y wouldn't it be :D

TC AsalamuAlaykum baby bro :)

...btw sowi JJ accidently was on ur account (jeez memba to log out lol)

Mawaddah
10-24-2006, 10:43 PM
salam o alaykoom

first of all i live in a ghetto in south sweden and im into criminality but i wanna be a good muslim for once but nobody in my familys religious so most of the answers i get is ''i dont know'' so i turned to the internet.i used to be shia but got confused by the war and everything so im neither of them just a muslim.
Masha'allah!! alhamdulillah I'm glad you're interested in Islam to ask questions. May Allah give you the answers you are looking for insha'allah.

No, this is only in the case of a person who dies as a martyr. And In Islam martyrs are of different categories so insha'allah we can go into detail with that later. But just being killed does not mean you enter into Jannah Straight Away. Insha'allah if the person was a Muslim he will enter Jannah, but if there are any sins which were committed prior to his death , then he will be judged accordingly.

I recall reading that if a person gets trampled by his mount (i.e. an animal) then he dies a martyr. I have to check up on that again.

No, If you are not Muslim then you dont enter heaven.Period.

The scholars are of the opinion that if someone dies in a car crash then he is a martyr. And this also applies to the person who drowns, who dies in a fire, who dies under a collapsed building, for a woman who dies in childbirth and those who die in natural disasters. Other than that, the people are of normal status (i.e. not martyrs)

In Islam you are not taken account on that which you did not intend to do. So Insha'allah you will not be sinful if you kill yourself by accident. But know In Islam it is a major sin if you kill yourself intentionally and the one who does so is condemned to Hell Fire.

encourage in which way? sorry I think you need to explain this. If someone is threatening to kill you, you should by all means try to defend yourself,..you need to come more clear on that one please.

7. what the HE** is the differense between shia and sunna
I think one of the mods will answer this as I dont want to get into sectarian issues.

8. and this is about something completely else, see im a arabic speaking half kurdish iraqi and half kurdish persian so as far as i know arabs are not white people and what about persians and i heared kurdish people used to be in europe and europe are white people so are kurdish people white or brown???
LoL this is a funny question......I guess they are just Arabs? lol..

9. if your a muslim but not religious, does alot of sins, doesnt pray and is a criminal and you get killed do you go to heaven?
To put it simply.....if you die and you have alot of sins, you will be judged according to those sins as Allah wishes. Either he forgives you, or either he punishes you for it. Allah says he forgives ALL sins besides Shirk (associating partners with Allah ). And we know that everyone who dies with the Shahaadah will enter Jannah. It goes into more detail than that but this suffices for now Insha'allah.

10. is it possible to go to hell for a time then go to heaven
Most Definitely

Haraam and not allowed without a doubt!!

It's time for Iftaar now so I have to run, Insha'allah someone will finish answering the rest of your questions.

Wassalam.

snakelegs
10-24-2006, 11:10 PM
joey,
i can't answer your questions, since i'm not muslim.
but i wanted to say that you have taken the first step in learning what it is to live as a muslim
i wish you luck on your journey back home - you are starting young, and that is much in your favour.

Joey
10-25-2006, 01:15 AM
asalam-o-alaykum

oh snap i just found this paper with questions forgot so ima add em too...

24. men aint allowed to wear gold right? what about diamond and platinum?

25. ear rings aint allowed for men right? what about clip on ear rings(ear rings which you can wear without makin no whole in your ears)

26. do you have to live with yo mama all of your life?

27. do i have to be married to have sex????????????

28. do you have to marry a white woman?

29. girlfriend allowed?

30. if im broke and REALLY DESPERATELY need some cash am i allowed to rob someone or a store?

Quote:
encourage in which way? sorry I think you need to explain this. If someone is threatening to kill you, you should by all means try to defend yourself,..you need to come more clear on that one please.
i wanna know this one cauz in real life im very cocky and always pushing my luck to the edge so if someone is threatening me ima mock him and encourage him cauz i know he aint gonna do nothing but hey who knows he might be cockyer and shoot me so i gotta know this so i can stfu when someone is trying to kill me

Joey
10-25-2006, 01:17 AM
HAHAHAHAHA my bad question 28. was wrong, its in the middle of the night so i cant think str8 and im watching dave chappelle making fun of white people so i was laughing and wrote the wrong thing..

i wrote

it was suppose to be

28. do you have to marry a muslim woman?

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 02:37 AM
to continue the answers of the previous bros... ill help out a bit with wat i can :) congrast bro btw 4 taking a brave step to reforming urself and ur life inshalah, remember what's in store for us int eh hereafter is sooooooooooooo much greater dan wat we got in thsi world :)

In simple, everything that harms our minds n bodies in Islam is haram :) So you can derive teh answr from that simple rule :)

12. im not gay but im just wondering if homosexuallity is haram then why cant you change back to str8 if you fall into the wrong ''team''? (or is it not haram in that case its getting weird and it should be)
yep it is Haram n Allah has dished out severe punishments for ppl who go against the natural inclination (i.e. marriage).

Nope, most of the companions didn't, however it's important to live in a good environmetn with good Muslims which will help you become a better muslim :)

As long as you fulfill ur duties towards the people (i.e. propogate Islam) and be careful to not get influenced by wrong ideas n people.

the ansewr to question14 can answer this one :)

16. can a jin kill you or even harm you, if so then what is their limit befor they snap?
lol, they can harm you (hence the idea of possession), but really as long as you recite ayat kursi every monring and evening inshalha you will be just fineee :D

17. is it allowed to kill a natzi or a racist?
:lol: :X

18. is it allowed to kill a terrorist? (i mean their still gonna die anyway and take a bunch of people with them)
terrorist is such an emotionally loaded term lol... need to be specifc

19. if you kill one or more people then get killed to you go to heaven?
Depends y u killed em (if person A killed B to stael their money, and then person A got killed... obviously no :D)

20. is it haram to be a crack dealer or a person who sells any kind of drugs?
based on the answer 2the frist one in this list, we can derive another rule, it's haram toharm yoruself or faciliate harm to other people (e.g. sellling ppl harmful stuff like crack n drugs etc) :)

islam wants the bset for everyone in both worlds :)
21. is there like an amount of suras you GOTTA know?
Atlesat one surah, surat al-fatihah, the very very vyer first surah in the quran which is like a 5th of a page.

The more you know the better, and it's an obligation on us to read as much of the quran as we can n try learn to best of our ability :)

22. hiphop music is pretty much poetry with a beat to it, is it haram?
checkup the thread on music in dis forum... thign with music is dat it twists ur emotions n makes u behave emotionally instead of logically... hence y all forms fo it are haram :)

23. do you have to know how to write/read arabic?
Muslims are highly encouraged to learn it so they have directa ccess to quran and hadith and can learn thigns directly instead of learnign it thru filtered translations which are never perfect :D

take care bro all the best :)

salamsss

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2006, 07:37 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters. where are your daleels people. no kidding!! provide them.

:sl:

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2006, 07:38 AM
:sl: joey, heres a good website: islam-qa.com.

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 07:40 AM
^ ya ur right sis, im pretty sure wat i sed is in sync... but i do recommend bro joey to go to the site teh sis provided, it will provide u with very detailed proofs inshalah :)

sorry 4 being so brief with my answes... should hav plugged evidences, will do when i get a chacne inshalha.
salamz

Joey
10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
bump

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 06:55 AM

yeh dey're fine inshaAllah :)

25. ear rings aint allowed for men right? what about clip on ear rings(ear rings which you can wear without makin no whole in your ears)

The point is that we're not suppose to behave like transvestites, so anything that makes one gender appear to be the other is forbidden (e.g. wearing earings or ear clips, or necklaces or lipstick (for men) or shaving beard etc... same with women wearing tight jeans or adoptin male hairstyles/looks etc)

26. do you have to live with yo mama all of your life?

nope, but u hav 2 serve her n be nic 2 her all ur life.

27. do i have to be married to have sex????????????

yep, islam legislates that to prevent STD's from floating in society and to protect the kids that result.

nope, bu tu hav to marry a woman who's religiously committed so she can help you be a better person and attain jannah :)

29. girlfriend allowed?

anythign that leads to extra-marrital affairs (illegal relationships) is forbidden, gf is one of those things :)

30. if im broke and REALLY DESPERATELY need some cash am i allowed to rob someone or a store?

if you're absoutely poor and u r facing starvation, u are allowed to take only twhat is enough to prevent you from facing extinction... no more than that, after that u shoudl try find a job inshalah and make dau 4 allah to grant u wealth and prosperity in both worlds :)

~Stranger~
10-27-2006, 08:00 AM

Tawbah (repentance) from homosexuality

Question:
What is required of the man who repents homosexuality?

Answer:

It is obligatory on both of them - the active and the passive partners - to repent to Allah urgently, passionately and sincerely for no worse combination of punishments was sent by Allah as the ones in the case of the people of Lut (asws), who used to commit this filthy crime. The combination of punishments was as follows:

1. They were blinded and left groping, as Allah said, “fa-tamasna a’yoonahum” (i.e., blinded them).
2. A thunderous cry (tore their hearts) (al-sayha)
3. Their homes were turned upside down.
4. Allah rained upon them a storm of stones of baked clay prepared specifically for them and destroyed them completely.

Accordingly the punishment if Islam for sodomy is death whether the two involved are married or unmarried. Said the Prophet (peace be upon him): “Whomsoever you find committing the act, kill them: both the active and the passive partners.” (Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi, and Ibn Majah, authenticated sahih by al-Albani, Arwaa’ ul-Ghaleel 2350)

Excerpted from the book I Want to Repent but
With regard to the jinn harming humans, this is proven to happen and it does happen. Protection against that is attained by reciting Qur’aan and adhkaar (dhikr) prescribed in sharee’ah.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“Undoubtedly the jinn can have a harmful effect on humans, and they could even kill them. They may harm a person by throwing stones at him, or by trying to terrify him, and other things that are proven in the Sunnah or indicated by real events. It was reported that the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave permission to one of his Companions to go to his wife during one of the military campaigns – I think it was the campaign of al-Khandaq – as he was a young man who had recently got married. When he reached his house, he found his wife standing at the door, and he objected to that. She said to him, ‘Go inside,’ so he went inside and found a snake curled up on the bed. He had a spear with him, so he stabbed it with the spear until it died, and at the same instant as the snake died the man also died. It was not known which of them died first, the snake or the man. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard of that, he forbade killing the harmless kinds of snakes that are found in houses, apart from those which are maimed or are streaked and malignant.

This indicates that the jinn may attack humans, and that they may harm them, as is known from real-life events. There are numerous reports which indicate that a man may come to a deserted area, and a stone may be thrown at him, but he does not see anybody, or he may hear voices or a rustling sound like the rustling of trees, and other things that may make him feel distressed and scared. A jinn may also enter the body of a human, either because of love or with the intention of harming him, or for some other reason. This is indicated in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

‘Those who eat Ribaa will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity’[al-Baqarah 2:275]

Islam QA
Ruling on men wearing white gold

Question:
What is the ruling on men wearing white gold?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Gold is in fact yellow in colour. It may be also described as red because of having some copper mixed with it in most cases. This is what is well known among people and is mentioned in books about language, metals etc.

In al-Mu’jam al-Waseet it says: Gold is a metal that is yellow in colour.

Professor Muhammad Husayn Joodi said in his book ‘Uloom al-Dhahab wa’l-Siyaaghat al-Mujawharaat (Sciences of gold and jewels): It is well known that every kind of metal that is used in making ingots, such as copper, silver, palladium, platinum, zinc etc have an obvious effect on the ingot’s colour, hardness and melting point. Gold gives a yellow colour and prevents oxidization of the ingot. Copper gives the ingot a red colour and makes it stronger and harder. End quote.

After consulting experts in the field of gemology and metallurgy, they said that the phrase “white gold” may be applied to a number of things:

1 – It is applied to the metal platinum. It is permissible for men to wear it and there is no sin in that, because there is nothing in sharee’ah to suggest that it is forbidden for men. The fact that people call it white gold does not make it haraam, because it is just a name that is given to it, but it is not really gold. Similarly, cotton is also called “white gold” and oil is called “black gold”, because it is precious, but that does not make it haraam either. And it is permissible for men to wear precious stones such as diamonds, rubies etc.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Ifta’ (24/76): We do not know of anything wrong with men wearing diamonds, if they are pure and there is no gold or silver with them. End quote.

2 – The name white gold is given to the well-known yellow gold, but it is plated with a layer of platinum. Wearing this is haraam for men, because wearing it means he is wearing yellow gold, and wearing gold is haraam for men according to scholarly consensus, as was mentioned by Imam al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) in Sharh Saheeh Muslim.

3 – The name white gold is given to regular yellow gold that is mixed with a specific percentage of platinum or another metal, of which more or less is added, depending on the standard of gold desired. This usage is very well known in stores selling gold.

What it means, according to the experts, is that in order to prepare a kilogram of 21 carat gold, you mix 875 grams of pure (24 carat) gold with 125 grams of silver and copper. If you add the same amount (125 grams) of platinum instead of copper and silver, you will have a kilogram of white 21 carat gold.

In order to make a kilogram of 18 carat gold, you mix 750 grams of pure gold with 250 grams of silver and copper. If we add the same amount (250 grams) of platinum instead of the silver or copper, we will get a kilogram of white 18 carat gold… and so on.

In a press release issued by the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on 22/3/1410 AH, which spoke of mineral resources (gold) in the Kingdom, it says:

“White gold” refers to a mixture of gold with 12% platinum or 15% nickel. The colour of the gold may be made pinkish by adding 5% silver or 20% copper. A greenish colour may be achieved by mixing 75% gold with 25% silver, or mixing it with zinc and cadmium. A bluish colour may be achieved by mixing the gold with a small amount of iron. If the gold is mixed with 20% aluminium the resulting colour will be purple. The degree of redness in the gold may be controlled by increasing or decreasing the amount of copper that is added. End quote.

Professor Dr. Mamdooh ‘Abd al-Ghafoor Hasan said in his book Mamlakat al-Ma’aadin (the Kingdom of metals): Pure gold is not hard enough to be used for making jewellery, but it may be mixed with copper, silver, nickel or platinum to make it harder, which at the same time gives it distinctive colours. A little copper makes it more reddish in colour, and silver make it more whitish. Adding 25% platinum or 15% nickel produces an ingot that is called “white gold.”

To sum up: gold is originally yellow in colour, and there is no gold that is white in colour, rather other metals may be added to it that change its colour to white.

So white gold is nothing more than yellow gold, but platinum has been added to it, instead of silver or copper. Hence in the stores the white gold has exactly the same standards as yellow gold. It is well known that adding silver or copper to gold does not alter the fact that it is gold, and it is does not make it permissible to use it. That also applies to adding palladium to it.

Based on this, wearing white gold is haraam for men, because in fact it is yellow gold, but something had been added to it to change its colour to white.

The Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas was asked: It has become common among some people, especially men, to use that which is called white gold, which is used to make watches, rings, pens and so on. After asking the jewellers and goldsmiths, we found out that white gold is actually the well-known yellow gold, to which a certain metal has been added, 5-10%, to change its colour from yellow to white, or some other colour, which makes it look like another kind of metal. Use of this has become very widespread in recent times, and many people are confused about using it.

They replied:

If the situation is as described, the gold which is mixed with other metals still comes under the ruling that it is haraam to differentiate in weight or measure when selling it for gold of the same type, and the exchange must be completed in one sitting, whether it is sold for gold of the same type or for silver or cash. It is haraam for men to wear it, and it is haraam to make vessels out of it. Calling it white gold does not change these rulings. End quote.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (24/60)

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Earrings for Men

Question:
IN THE BASIS OF OUR RELIGION IS IT OKAY FOR MEN TO WEAR EARRINGS (WHETHER THAT BEING ONE OR SEVERAL) IN ISLAM AND IS IT OKAY FOR MEN TO WEAR JEWELREY WHICH IS SILVER AND NOT GOLD. I HOPE THAT THIS IS NOT A SILLY QUESTION BECAUSE A LOT OF THE MUSLIM MEN THAT I ASSOCIATE WITH WEAR EARRINGS. SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT THE MEMBERS OF THE PROPHET'S (P.B.U.H) TRIBE - THE QURAYSH USED TO WEAR EARRINGS IN THE OLDEN DAYS AND THAT IS WHY IT IS OKAY FOR US. COULD YOU PLEASE FIND OUT IF THIS IS TRUE AND GIVE ME A DEFINITE ANSWER. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Earrings and bracelets are forms of adornment for women, and Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who make themselves look like women and women who make themselves look like men.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5435).

Abu Hurayrah said: “The Messenger of Allaah cursed men who wear women’s clothes and women who wear men’s clothes.” (Reported by Abu Dawood in al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Libaas, Baab fi libaas al-nisaa’). On this basis, it is not permitted for men to wear earrings or nose-rings.

The claim that this is permissible because the people of Quraysh used to do that needs to be proven, in the first place, and where is the proof?

Secondly, even if they used to do this in the Jaahiliyaah (Time of Ignorance before Islam), Islam came and forbade men to wear the adornment of women or to make themselves look like them, as is clear from the ahadeeth quoted above. What matters is the ruling of Islam, not what Quraysh or other tribes may have done.

Thirdly, the kinds of female adornment known among Quraysh and others includes earrings, bracelets, anklets and bangles worn on the upper arm. The point is that these are known as forms of women’s adornment since ancient times.

Fourthly, Islam has given men sufficient scope to adorn themselves by allowing them to wear silver rings, as Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wore a ring made of silver, and the people did likewise. (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5417). Islam also allows men to wear gold and silver when necessary to replace a lost tooth or nose, and so on.

Finally, we would say that any Muslim man who wears jewellery is making himself look like the kuffaar, because this is known to be their style of adornment; the latest fashion among them is to wear earrings and the like in their ears, noses, lips, cheeks and other parts of the body (so-called “body-piercing”). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, al-Sunan, Kitaab al-libaas, Bab libaas al-shuhrah).

Whoever does this should repent to Allaah and not engage in the futile defence of falsehood. He should be distinct in both his personality and his dress from the kuffaar, as Islam has commanded us to be. Allaah is the One Who guides to the Straight Path.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
29. girlfriend allowed?
Friendship and love between a man and a woman

Question:
I know keeping girlfriend will destroy the family and so on but what if we were just friends secretly were no one knew. this way we will we will stay togethr until marraige and we can garentee we wont perform any zinna. are there any cases in the old times of love .

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Taking a girlfriend does not only destroy the family, it destroys society, and those who do this are threatened with the punishment and wrath of Allaah. Love is a sickness that destroys the heart and leads to evil and immorality. The Shaytaan will keep tempting them and pushing them until they commit immoral actions and thus each gets what he or she wants from the other.

There are many forbidden matters associated with this, such as transgressing against the honour of others, betraying trust, being alone with a member of the opposite sex, touching, kissing, speaking immoral words, then the greater evil which occurs at the end, which is the sin of zina.

The fact that the questioner says “no one knows about us” is strange. How can he forget about his Lord Who knows what is secret and what is yet more hidden, and who knows the fraud of the eyes and all that the hearts conceal. (cf. Ghaafir 40:19).

Our advice to you, as you are still young, is to discipline yourself to obey Allaah and always remember that He is watching; fear Allaah concerning people’s honour; strive for the Day when you will meet your Lord with your deeds; remember the scandal that may happen in this world and the Hereafter. Remember that you have sisters and will have a wife and daughters, so would you like for one of them what you are doing with the daughters of the Muslims? The answer is that you would certainly not like it, and other people do not like it either. Remember that you may see the results of your sin in some of your family members as a punishment to you from your Lord.

You have to look for righteous friends, and you have to keep yourself busy doing that which Allaah loves and is pleased with. Pay attention to the best and most sublime things and leave alone the worst and most vile things. Make the most of your youth in obeying and worshipping Allaah, seeking knowledge and calling others to Allaah. Remember that there were those of your age and younger who were men who had memorized the Qur’aan, who sought knowledge, whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent to call others to Allaah and to enter the religion of Islam.

We advise you to get married to a righteous, religiously-committed woman who will help you adhere to your religion and encourage you to adhere to the laws of Allaah, who will look after your children and bring them up with good morals and religious commitment. Give up this woman who agrees to go out with a man who is a stranger to her (a non-mahram) and meet him and talk to him; if she agrees to do immoral actions now then what is going to prevent her from continuing to do so in the future?

Remember that you are angering your Lord with such sins as being alone with her, meeting her and talking to her, and anything more than that is even more serious.

You should realize that zina does not only involve the private parts, rather the eyes may commit zina, the ears may commit zina, the hand may commit zina and the foot may commit zina, as was proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). All of that leads to the zina of the private parts. So do not let the Shaytaan deceive you, for he is an enemy to you who wishes you evil and tells you to commit immoral actions.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen said:

Contact between lovers in improper and unlawful ways is a calamity and a real disaster. It is not permissible for the man to contact the woman in this case, or for the woman to contact the man. If he says that he wants to marry her, then he must tell her wali (guardian) that he wants to marry her, or she should tell her wali that she wants to marry him, as ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) did when he offered his daughter Hafsah in marriage to Abu Bakr and ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them).

But if the woman contacts the man directly, this is the source of fitnah (temptation).

As’ilat al-Baab il-Maftooh (Question no. 868).

Secondly:

With regard to your question about such forbidden relationships in the ancient love stories, the fact that such stories existed among those who came before us cannot be taken as proof with regard to shar’i rulings, because the rulings of sharee’ah having to do with what is forbidden and what is allowed are to be taken from the shar’i evidence of the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and the commands and prohibitions contained therein.

Some of those mentioned in these stories came before Islam, such as ‘Antarah and others, and such stories are to be found in other cultures as is well known. But we cannot take shar’i rulings from this because Islam came to bring people forth from being controlled by their desires to complete submission to Allaah the Lord of the Worlds.

We ask Allaah to guide us and you and to give us strength.

Islam Q&A

if you're absoutely poor and u r facing starvation, u are allowed to take only twhat is enough to prevent you from facing extinction... no more than that, after that u shoudl try find a job inshalah and make dau 4 allah to grant u wealth and prosperity in both worlds
where's the daleel??

:w:

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 08:03 AM
^ lol sorry sis i just couldnt help pluggin quick answers ....

umm it's principle of fiqh lidharoorati ahkaam.. just like how its halal to eat pork if facing death from hunger.. same with alchohol n stuff.. its ok to steal wats the bare minimum needed 4 survival if facin death n no1 willin 2donate...

also proof is that the punishment for theifs are lifted when the economy is going thru a severe drought... as wat happened durin umars time...

coz u cant apply the punihsment on ppl who are stealin out of desperation.

salamz

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-27-2006, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
^ lol sorry sis i just couldnt help pluggin quick answers ....

umm it's principle of fiqh lidharoorati ahkaam.. just like how its halal to eat pork if facing death from hunger.. same with alchohol n stuff.. its ok to steal wats the bare minimum needed 4 survival if facin death n no1 willin 2donate...

also proof is that the punishment for theifs are lifted when the economy is going thru a severe drought... as wat happened durin umars time...

coz u cant apply the punihsment on ppl who are stealin out of desperation.

salamz
Doesn't alcohol make you even more dehydrated? How would that help you in anyway?

:wasalamex

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 09:02 AM
i don't know i never tasted it :uuh:

lol u get the point.... well if u didnt kno it dehydrates u and ur dyin of thirst and u drank it thinkin it will hydrate u... then obviously u dont get sinned... u get the point lol!

salams

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 09:04 AM
btw the daleeel.... 'hurima '3alaykum adama walahmal khinzeeri wa maa uhila lighayrilaahi bih... ilaa manidthurra ghayra baaghin wa laa '3aadin falaa ithma '3alayh..."

i think das in surat baqarah.

salams

muzna
10-27-2006, 09:04 AM
is there a threat to your life?
wassalam

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Brother Joey I would really recommend this audio lecture because it answers many of your question aswell as the brothers and sisters have alread done:

Challenges to Muslim Youth in the West

Joey
10-27-2006, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
ha ha no...i was asking joey...seems to be consumed by the notion that he's going to be killed one way or another...
wassalam
haha its possible, i live in a city where its like gangs, all the browns and blacks roll togther and then theres the whites..the natzis and racist, they hate our guts for some reason, they stabbed three guys of our ''side'' in one night not to long ago, so they just wanna waste us no questions asked, so if i walk down the wrong street at night there could be like 10 natzis standing there with knifes, bats bricks and such. thats why i wanna know all bout death and whats wrong and right so i can be accepted with my homies and still follow the islamic way which most of my homies aint, and yeah their muslims too, also the guns are starting to hit the streets which makes it a bigger chance to be killed, like someone i know, he got shot about 13 times at midnight and survived,
allah sittar , alhamdollah , so thats about it but i gots one more question, when you were talkin bout gold you also talked about the color red like its the worst color there is, so is it haram to wear red? and if so is there like a day on the year when its allowed?

by the way the video yall posted thanks for it, its really good and deep

- Qatada -
10-28-2006, 12:58 PM
:salamext:

Bro, listen up. If i was you, you're livin in a messed up place - take this advice, and give it to your muslim brotherz.

We need a starting point where they can learn about islaam, and put one of the most important points of islaam into practise, and that's their salaah (the 5 prayers.) If they can stick to this, and gradually put islaam into practise, then if you guyz ever get killed:

Islamic ruling on self-defence

Question:

What is the viewpoint of Islam toward self-defense? Is it a right? Are there conditions on that right? Does the Qur'an speak to the issue of self-defense?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Protecting oneself and one’s honour, mind, wealth and religion is a well-established basic principle in Islam. These are the five essentials which are well known to Muslims. A person has to defend himself; it is not permissible for him to consume that which will harm him, and it is not permissible for him to allow anyone to harm him. If a person or a vicious animal etc attacks him, he has to defend himself, or his family or his property, and if he is killed he is counted as a shaheed (martyr), and the killer will be in Hell.

If the harm that will result from this aggression is little and he gives up defending himself for the sake of Allaah, then undoubtedly Allaah will compensate him for that, so long as this does not cause any increase in the wrongdoing against him or anyone else.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr.

Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Hibbaan reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever is killed defending his property is a shaheed (martyr), whoever is killed defending himself is a shaheed, whoever is killed defending his religion is a shaheed, and whoever is killed defending his family is a shaheed.” In the commentary on this hadeeth it says: “whoever is killed defending his family is a shaheed” refers to the one who defends the honour of his wife and female relatives.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...erty%20shaheed

You guy's will go jannah/paradise insha'Allaah, whereas them guys that harm you will be in hell. But this doesn't mean you should fight with them anyway, but self-defence is really important. And Allaah Almighty know's best.

You could even try to call them 'nazi guys' to islaam, but it would be tough cuz of whats going on. But if you can't do that, atleast focus on your self and the brothers, you want a place in jannah - so strive for it and Allaah will make the path easy for you guyz insha'Allaah.

Here's a good lecture on jannah/paradise:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05&q=almaghrib

Description of Paradise

http://www.kalamullah.com/paradise.html

Listen to it with the brothers, and it will be a starting point for you to strive for paradise insha'Allaah. Tell the brothers how death is so close, and this is why we should focus on the afterlife more, and Allaah will be your protector and give you an easier life in this world and the afterlife insha'Allaah.

Joey
10-29-2006, 12:25 AM
ok got it and theres only 2 questions left i really wanted to know about and didnt get an answer anywhere .

1. is it allowed to wear red clothes? if not whats the limit red clothes allowed?

2. do u have to marry a muslim woman?
(last time i wrote ''white woman'' but that was a typo because i was listening to dave chappelle making fun of white people so i was laughing and wrote the wrong thing by mistake, and it was in the middle of the night so i couldnt think straight.)

lolwatever
10-29-2006, 12:32 AM
ok got it and theres only 2 questions left i really wanted to know about and didnt get an answer anywhere .

1. is it allowed to wear red clothes? if not whats the limit red clothes allowed?
not at all bro, as long as the clothes don't reflect any anti islamic symbolic meaning or something... feel free 2wear whatever you please :) there's nothing to suggest otherwise in Quran and Hadith.

correction: sis cheese proved me wrong.. there's n exception about weraing 'full red' clothes... u can wear a mix of red n other color butnot plain read, refer 2 the fatwa she posted below inshalah :)

2. do u have to marry a muslim woman?
(last time i wrote ''white woman'' but that was a typo because i was listening to dave chappelle making fun of white people so i was laughing and wrote the wrong thing by mistake, and it was in the middle of the night so i couldnt think straight.)
lol as i mentioned int he answer 2 this one, the prophet seriously recommended you do, and in specific a Muslim woman who's practising her religion so you can both work together n encourage each other to attain paradise in the hereafter :)

If you go for other factors... you won't really hav anyone who's going to encourage you, and secondly, remember the kids.... who's going to bring them up well.

Having said that... it's OK to marry someone from people of the book (jew or christian) provided they are chaste (i.e. don't go sleepin around with ppl).... but really that's not what's encouraged. coz u gotta really think 'who's gonna b teachin n lookn after my kids... wat mentalities r they gonna b broughtup with'

salams :)

Malaikah
10-29-2006, 02:11 AM

Actually men are not meant to wear solid red clothes.
Question:
I've heard that it's wrong for men to wear red. Is this true?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

The scholars differed concerning the ruling on men wearing red clothes, and different ahaadeeth have been narrated concerning that. Some ahaadeeth indicate that wearing red is forbidden, whilst others indicate that it is permitted. It is possible to reconcile between them – praise be to Allaah – because the ahaadeeth do not contradict with one another in fact, as the source is one. The correct view concerning this matter is that the ahaadeeth can be reconciled in the following manner:

It is permissible to wear red clothes if the red is combined with another colour; it is not permissible to wear plain red, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade doing so.

There follows a discussion of some of the ahaadeeth on this issue:

A- The ahaadeeth which forbid wearing plain red.

1. From al-Baraa’ ibn ‘Aazib (may Allaah be pleased with him): “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade us to use soft red mattresses and qasiy – garments with woven stripes of silk.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5390)

2. From Ibn ‘Abbaas, who said: “I was forbidden (to wear) red garments and gold rings, and to recite Qur’aan in rukoo’.” (Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, no. 5171. Imaam al-Albaani said: its isnaad is saheeh. Saheeh Sunan al-Nasaa’i, 1068).

3. From ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-Aas (may Allaah be pleased with them both), who said: “A man passed by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wearing two red garments and greeted him with salaam, but he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not return the greeting.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2731; Abu Dawood, no. 3574. Al-Tirmidhi said: this hadeeth is hasan ghareeb with this isnaad). According to the scholars, the meaning of this hadeeth is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) disliked the wearing of garments dyed with safflower (the red dyestuff obtained from safflowers), but he had no objection to garments dyed with clay or other substances, so long as it was not dyed with safflower. This hadeeth was classed as da’eef by al-Albaani (Da’eef Sunan Abi Dawood, 403; Da’eef Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 334. He said: its isnaad is da’eef).

B. Ahaadeeth which may be understood to mean that it is permissible to wear red if it is mixed with another colour:

1. From Hilaal ibn ‘Aamir from his father, who said: “I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in Mina, giving a khutbah sitting on his mule, wearing a red cloak, and ‘Ali was in front of him, repeating what he said (in a loud voice, so that the people could hear).” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 3551; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani – Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, 767).

2. The hadeeth of al-Baraa’ ibn ‘Aazib (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was of average build. I saw him in a red hullah, and I never saw anyone more handsome than him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 5400; Muslim, 4308).

3. From al-Baraa’, who said: “I never saw anyone who has hair wearing a red hullah and looking more handsome than the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He had hair down to his shoulders, he was broad-shouldered and was neither short nor tall.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 1646. He said: in this chapter there is a report from Jaabir ibn Samurah and Abu Rimthah and Abu Juhayfah. This hadeeth is hasan saheeh…)

4. From al-Baraa’ who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had hair down to his earlobes. I saw him wearing a red hullah, and I have never seen anyone more handsome than him.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 4072; Ibn Maajah, no. 3599. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani – Saheeh Sunan Abi dawood, 768).

5. Al-Bayhaqi narrated in al-Sunan: “[The Prophet] (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to wear a red cloak on Eid.”

What is meant by a red hullah is a suit of two Yemeni garments which are woven with red and black stripes, or red and green stripes. It is described as red because of the red stripes in it.

This is the view of a number of scholars, such as al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (Fath al-Baari Sharh ‘ala Saheeh al-Bukhaari, no. 5400) and Ibn al-Qayyim (Zaad al-Ma’aad, 1-137). And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Source

Joey
10-29-2006, 12:21 PM
oh ok THANKS ALOT everyone i really appreciate all your answers and they will help me alot.:D :)

lolwatever
10-29-2006, 12:45 PM
no worries bro anytime
all the best inshalah!!!!!!! keep asking allah to guide you and inshalah he will be with you :)

salamz mate

onelove
10-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Big ups joey! I was in your position a year ago, asked bare questions and now ive reached the level of itjihad!!
(the itjihad bit is a joke)

Anyhow...Questions like yours i love answering so keep them coming!!!!!!

Onelove

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.