/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saheeh Int'l and F. Malik

جوري
10-25-2006, 03:49 AM
I just read on the comparative religion sections that these two translations (Saheeh Int'l and F. Malik) are the sine qua non versions of the Noble Quran... I am trying to get a copy for my non-Arabic speaking friend... I'd like one that is leather bound and small sized to carry around with both translation and transliteration of either of the above parties... I have been searching the web and I saw a DVD version plus a thousand anti-Islamic site which makes me halt my searches early on, as I have developed a peptic ulcer as of late from all the negativity. I'd be deeply grateful if someone would help me find a store where I can make the purchase.... and you may Inshallah aid a fellow human to find the way and revert to Islam.... with God's will inshallah....
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I just read on the comparative religion sections that these two translations (Saheeh Int'l and F. Malik) are the sine qua non versions of the Noble Quran...
:sl:
These are human attempts to convey the meaning of the Qur'an in the english language, and they are the ones that I have found to be generally better than the others. I'm sure you didn't mean to say that they were 'versions' of the Qur'an, as there is no such.
I am trying to get a copy for my non-Arabic speaking friend... I'd like one that is leather bound and small sized to carry around with both translation and transliteration of either of the above parties...
Here's from list of resources:

Al-Qur'an : Guidance for Mankind English translation of the meaning by Muhammad Farooq-i-Azam Malik. Links (English Only Paperback, Arabic and English Hardback, Travel Size Paperback).

The Qur'aan: Arabic text with corresponding english meanings released by Saheeh International. Link (Here, Download here).

Hope this helps.
:w:

جوري
10-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Perfect yes! Thanks so much.... I meant "transliterated /translated versions" of the noble Quran!
Jazaka Allah Khyran.....

Hijrah
10-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Would it be permissible to give them Qur'an with parallel English and Arabic text?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-27-2006, 12:40 AM
How else would they learn? I mean anyone can get a copy from Amazon.com even, so best to give them a high fidelity translation..........

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.