/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why the Kuffaar have an upper hand over us?

True Quran
06-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Why the Kuffaar have an upper hand over us?

Many people often ask the question, "If we (the Muslims) are the greatest nation as Allaah (swt) says in the Qur'aan, then why is it that we are so disunited, humiliated and weak…?" Indeed this is a valid question which every Muslim should be thinking about. And indeed Allaah does say in the Qur'aan:

كُنْتُمْ خَيْرَ أُمَّةٍ أُخْرِجَتْ لِلنَّاسِ تَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَتَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْكَرِ وَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَلَوْ آمَنَ أَهْلُ الْكِتَابِ لَكَانَ خَيْرًا لَهُمْ مِنْهُمُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَأَكْثَرُهُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ

"You are the best nation ever raised up from mankind; you enjoin the good (order people to abide by Islaam) and forbid evil (all forms of kufr, shirk and bid'ah etc. such as Democracy and voting for the Kuffaar), and you believe in Allaah..." (EMQ 3: 110)

Therefore, the question which every Muslim must be asking should be similar to the one above. We are the greatest nation, no doubt. Allaah has blessed us with the Deen of Islaam - the Deen of Haq. Yet we are in a position nowadays which can never be attributed to a nation such as ours. So why is this? Why is our honour being violated, our sanctity being taken away, our lands being divided, Muslims being arrested and killed, the Sharee'ah not being implemented and the Kuffaar not being punished for their evil deeds? Is it because the Mosques are not full as the deviant Tableeghis claim? Is it because we are not doing enough dhikr with the lights off? Is it because we are not an educated Ummah? Is it because we are not integrating with the Kuffaar?

Many deviant and even apostate (ex-Muslims) try to claim the above, whilst deviating from the main cause of our decline. Muslims no longer wish to strive for this Deen. They wish to go to Jannah without any kind of struggle – something which is in complete opposition to what Allaah (swt) has promised; if you want Jannah you must sacrifice and struggle for this Deen.

Should we not be referring to the Book of Allaah and the messenger Muhammad (saw) and see what they say about our situation? It is quite a simple principle actually for any Muslim - why should we make assumptions about the reasons for our decline (with our own ration and desires), when we have the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of the messenger Muhammad (saw) to refer to? Allaah (swt) says in the Qur'aan:

وَلَقَدْ صَدَقَكُمُ اللَّهُ وَعْدَهُ إِذْ تَحُسُّونَهُمْ بِإِذْنِهِ حَتَّى إِذَا فَشِلْتُمْ وَتَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي الأمْرِ وَعَصَيْتُمْ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا أَرَاكُمْ مَا تُحِبُّونَ مِنْكُمْ مَنْ يُرِيدُ الدُّنْيَا وَمِنْكُمْ مَنْ يُرِيدُ الآخِرَةَ ثُمَّ صَرَفَكُمْ عَنْهُمْ لِيَبْتَلِيَكُمْ وَلَقَدْ عَفَا عَنْكُمْ وَاللَّهُ ذُو فَضْلٍ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

"And Allaah did indeed fulfil His Promise to you when you were killing them (your enemy) with His Permission; until (the moment) you lost your courage and fell to disputing about the order, and disobeyed after He showed you which you love (victory over the disbelievers). Among you are some that desire this world (the war booty) and some that desire the Hereafter. Then He made you flee from them (your enemy), that He might test you. But surely, He forgave you, and Allaah is Most Gracious to the believers." (EMQ 3: 152)

This verse is addressing an incident which occurred during the battle of Uhud, and there is a great lesson for all Muslims to learn from this historical event in Islaam. Allaah (swt) informs us that he did fulfil his promise to the believers until they disobeyed and disputed with one another. The messenger Muhammad (saw) ordered the archers (who were placed on the mountain) never to move from their position, even if they saw the Muslims being dragged across the earth. However, the Kuffaar were losing a great number of casualties due to the strategic placement of these archers, so the Kuffaar sought how they could lure them down from the mountain.

The Kuffaar decided to tempt the believers with booty and show that they are retreating from the battlefield. The moment the archers saw the booty and the Kuffaar running away, they ran straight for the booty - thus disobeying the command of Rasoul-Ullaah (saw). The kuffaar then regrouped and made a counter attack, killing approximately seventy top Mujaahideen.

Allaah tested the believers on this day and showed them that victory is not from numbers or strength; rather it is from Allaah (swt). And if we disobey the Ameer and the commands of Allaah he will test us by allowing the Kuffaar to have an upper hand over us, and unless we resist and rise against them, they will continue to have an upper hand over us, violate our sanctity and occupy our lands.

Therefore dear Muslims, unless we rise to get rid of the Tawaagheet the Kuffaar they will always have an upper hand over us – as a test from Allaah (swt). Many deviant sects try to put the blame on us or even on the Shaytaan. However, as people who refer to the Qur'aan and Sunnah, Allaah (swt) informs us that it is our fault for not ruling by the Book of Allaah and uprising against the Kuffaar and Tawaagheet. The apostate rulers want you to blame Shaytaan and yourselves as it suits them.

It is about time for us to think about the Ummah and the Deen of Allaah rather than ourselves, and work actively (day and night) to overthrow the kufr regimes and implement the best Sharee'ah – the Sharee'ah of Allaah. Beware that if you do not do this, you will die the death of Jaahiliyyah (like the Arabs before Islaam) and you have no excuse on the Day of Judgement.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bittersteel
06-25-2005, 06:49 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with you.i want to live according to the Shari'ah law.But today we are being forced to live according to democracy and republicanism.We are being manipulated.

minaz
06-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Hmmmmmmmm I believe there has to be some sort of balance in the 21st century, but at the end of the day it should be down to the individual in the way they choose to practise Islam, for Allah is the soul knower of the true content of ones character

Bittersteel
06-25-2005, 07:21 PM
prophecies are coming true.

http://answering-christianity.com/prophecies_muh.htm

don't care whether you laugh about it.

There's too much corruption,bloodshed,criminal activities.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
06-25-2005, 10:36 PM
:sl:

Muslims need to return to the religion of Islam and start practicing Islam again. When our eeman is weak, we will certainly be oppressed and subjugated.

13:11...Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls).

:w:

Ibn Syed
06-25-2005, 10:51 PM
I know of many muslims who never practice. Muslims these days. We are gettin closer to the day of judgement.

minaz
06-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Quote from Ansar Al-'Adl
Muslims need to return to the religion of Islam and start practicing Islam again. When our eeman is weak, we will certainly be oppressed and subjugated.
The key word there is practicing , well said Ansar Al-'Adl

Bittersteel
06-26-2005, 06:53 AM
yes.They need to.Even me.I only pray one time a day sometimes don't, and pray in Friday prayers.

We are getting close to Judgement Day.

mansio
06-26-2005, 10:00 AM
I wonder how you would have all reacted if a kafir would have dared say that "the kuffar have an upper hand over Muslims" !

Preacher
06-26-2005, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mansio
I wonder how you would have all reacted if a kafir would have dared say that "the kuffar have an upper hand over Muslims" !
mansio

I would be the first one, who would admit that to be e case for now. But never forget that until 19th century many powers including Tsar has paid "Jizya" to Muslims. So, that upper hand has not been for that long, it is rather its infancy. Now, whether it will remain and grow to its maturity r die as infant for not living/lasting loner is remain to be seen. To me it does not appear to be lasting longer the way things are going around the world.

I think this may enlighten you, read this:

The Divine Caliphate

Like we say, it ain't over until its over. What other believe does not matter because fact remain that Muslims have the DIVINE BLESSINGS AND PROMISE!

Regards

Chuck
06-26-2005, 11:14 PM
I've been to both muslim and non-muslim countries and here is my observation. But the problem is not just with muslim countries as the same problems are common in non-muslim 3rd world countries. Unfortunately, most muslims countries are in the 3rd world region.

Here are problems that make these countries weak:
- Literacy rate is very low and sufficient attention and incentives are not given to and for education.

- Large percentage of population lives below poverty line. Insufficient attention and incentives by govt., rich, and ruling classes; lack of proper programs to tackle the problem; political instability; corruption; lack of interest and care by wealthy and ruling class for the poor; and lack of research into this problem makes it worse and prevents any improvement.

- Lack of funds available for investment in sciences, technology, research & development, infrastructure, and building critical mass for progress. Corruption is rampant and standards for transparency are not in place so money normally flows out of these countries, ends up in the wrong hands and for princely pleasures by the wealthy and ruling class, doesn't go through proper channels and thus the volume of money and wealth is never properly accounted for or used morally. Political instability, politics lack of focus and interest on the lives of people; structure, practiced principles, standards, and morals of politics compounds the problems of these muslim countries. Brain drain - educated people have to work in non-musilm developed countries because their own countries or other muslims countries doesn't have the infrastructure, techonolgy, and economy to properly support them or put their knowledge in use.

- Lack for the value of life. Violence, murder, and such conduct is common in these countries. For example: lack proper welfare programs and incentives to private sector for welfare programs; people frequently die in political riots and arguments and top of that this happens in educational institutions and these educational institutions have become breading ground for political violence and unproductive citizens (or less productive citizens) rather than productive and optimal citizens for these countries.

------------------------------------
.... these are my observations, I hope it helped... I've been to over 9 muslim countries and over 26 countries in general. Lived in over 5 muslim and non-muslim countries for a considerable time and experienced their culture first hand.

Halima
06-27-2005, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl

13:11...Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls).

I'm afraid to say that the way how muslims practice this day and age are very different from 4,000-6,000 years ago back in prophet muhammed (saw)'s time.

Today, we live in a modern society with all the evils that we encounter everyday of our lives which explains the hardship that muslims encounter. Back in prophet muhammed(saw)'s time, everything was crystal clear, not that many evils approched us. The revelation of prophet muhammed was just fresh, nobody could've preached it any differently.

The teachings of Islam were still fresh. Unlike today we run into bad encounters with any kind of evil. It's all lfet up to us, because during judgement day, all of our actions will be held upon us. It's either we follow Allah (swt) and prophet muhammed (saw) or not. The same rule applies to the non-muslims.

khilji
06-27-2005, 05:59 AM
Kuffar has an upper hand because the free thinking tradition during the Abbasids was lost after the Mongol invasion and the Turko-Mongol overlords of the Ummah supported the faction that resisted science and technological innovation and concentrated more on rituals. West picked up free thinking and spirit of discovery from al-Anadalus and brought about their Renaissance, which has benefitted all mankind.

I believe there is a lot more to be a Muslim than conducting just the rituals, which are of course essential parts of it.

Most Muslims today are not true Muslims, they are hypocrites or Munafeqqen's because they say one thing and do another. People in the west are much better human beings than present day Muslims, specially than the elite and the fortunate among the Muslims, I daresay. Our elites cheat and sell our future to stay in power.

This did not happen in one day, the rot started 1000 years ago and the latest Pus are the likes of OBL, Zwahiri and Zarqawi, who thinks violence and assymetric waf-fare is the answer, the morons.

kadafi
06-27-2005, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khilji

Most Muslims today are not true Muslims, they are hypocrites or Munafeqqen's because they say one thing and do another. People in the west are much better human beings than present day Muslims, specially than the elite and the fortunate among the Muslims, I daresay. Our elites cheat and sell our future to stay in power.

This did not happen in one day, the rot started 1000 years ago and the latest Pus are the likes of OBL, Zwahiri and Zarqawi, who thinks violence and assymetric waf-fare is the answer, the morons.
:sl: brother khilji

Be careful how you choose your words akhee. There is no wisdom in statin' that most Muslims are hypocrites or munafiqs. How can a fellow Muslim declare that the majority are kaafirs. Subhan'Allah

Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-Hujuraat:
“Do not defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it to insult one's brother after having Faith.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O you who have spoken the words of faith but faith has not entered your hearts! Do not backbite about the Muslims or seek our their faults, for whoever seeks out their faults, Allaah will seek out his faults even if he is his house.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 4880; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

Ibn ‘Abdil-Barr said, The Qur’aan and the Sunnah unequivocally prohibit calling a Muslim sinner or kaafir. It is therefore, binding that none should be declared a kaafir unless if he is unanimously declared so or there is an indisputably clear evidence from the Qur’aan and the Sunnah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) also said:
“If any man calls his brother kaafir, one of them is definitely a kaafir. If the so-called is actually a kaafir, (the one who addressed him as such is blameless) but if he is no a kaafir, the accusation will rebound on the person who made it.” (Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim)

Ibn Naasir Ad-Dimashqee said, "Cursing a Muslim specifically is forbidden. Accusing him of kufr or declaring that he is no longer a Muslim is even greater.

Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "Declaring someone as a kaafir is a right that exclusively belongs to Allaah and His Messenger. It should be established by the texts of the Qur'aan and the Sunnah, not by anybody's opinion. The disbeliever is only the one whom Allaah and His Messenger declared as such."

The Khawaarij were the ones who rushed to declarin' takfeer on the Muslims, so please akhee, fear Allah and refrain from such accusations.

And no, kaafirs are not better than "bad" Muslims that affirmed the Tahweed.

Kuffar has an upper hand because the free thinking tradition during the Abbasids was lost after the Mongol invasion and the Turko-Mongol overlords of the Ummah supported the faction that resisted science and technological innovation and concentrated more on rituals. West picked up free thinking and spirit of discovery from al-Anadalus and brought about their Renaissance, which has benefitted all mankind.

I believe there is a lot more to be a Muslim than conducting just the rituals, which are of course essential parts of it.
I assume you're referin' to the Seljuks Turks who halted the scientific progress, this is incorrect. The Seljuks Muslims had a major scientific achievement durin' their rule.

Muslimheritage.com conducted an article refutin' the old orientalist myth that the Berbers and the Seljuk Turks were the primary reason of the declince of the Islamic Empire.

See:
Were the Berbers and Seljuks instrumental in decline of Muslim Civilisation?

Another good article to read would be:
Myths and Fallacies Surrounding the Decline of Muslim Civilisation,

Chuck
06-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Be careful how you choose your words akhee. There is no wisdom in statin' that most Muslims are hypocrites or munafiqs.
Well, most muslim countries have very low moral standards related to economy. However, there are few muslim countries that are very low on corruption list and better in education and further improving the quality of education and literacy rate; and they are progressing very fast even compared to western countries.

In short, Allah told us to pray salat and do good works for our prosperity in this world and the day of judgment. Yet, good works part as far as I know started to decline in the last two centuries and salat has started to decline in late 20th century and continues.

Furthermore, religious leaders mostly focus on spiritual part and ignore the practical part of our faith.

The following quotes should shake some muslim brothers and sisters:
"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level."
Michael H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY, New York: Hart Publishing Company, Inc., 1978, p. 33.

"People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on one hand, and Alexander, Caesar and Hitler on the other, are leaders in the second and perhaps the third sense.
Jesus and Buddha belong in the third category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all times was Mohammed, who combined all three functions. To a lesser degree, Moses did the same."

Professor Jules Masserman
"Sense of justice is one of the most wonderful ideals of Islam, because as I read in the Qur'an I find those dynamic principles of life, not mystic but practical ethics for the daily conduct of life suited to the whole world."
Lectures on "The Ideals of Islam;" SPEECHES AND WRITINGS OF SAROJINI NAIDU, Madras, 1918, p. 167.

"Medieval Islam was technologically advanced and open to innovation. It achieved far higher literacy rates than in contemporary Europe;it assimilated the legacy of classical Greek civilization to such a degree that many classical books are now known to us only through Arabic copies. It invented windmills ,trigonometry, lateen sails and made major advances in metallurgy, mechanical and chemical engineering and irrigation methods. In the middle-ages the flow of technology was
overwhelmingly from Islam to Europe rather from Europe to Islam. Only after the 1500's did the net direction of flow begin to reverse."

Jared Diamond, UCLA sociologist, and physiologist who won the Pulitzer Prize for his book: "Guns, Germs, and Steel."
I think we should practice the following verse more:
O You who believe! Be upholders of justice, bearing witness for God alone, even against yourselves or your parents and relatives. Whether they are rich or poor, God is well able to look after them. Do not follow your own desires and deviate from the truth. If you twist or turn away, God is aware of what you do. (Qur'an, 4:135)

khilji
06-27-2005, 11:44 AM
---
:sl: brother kadafi

I stand corrected, I did not know that Munafiq means Kaafir, I thought it only meant "bad" muslims who are hypocrits and insincere. Apparently the word Munafiq refers to a kind of non-believer who is also a traitor or a spy, which I just found out.

I never meant to say that most Muslims are Kaafirs, Munafiq was a wrong choice of word, as you already mentioned. Thanks for the correction.

As for people in the West, many of them are sincere and hard working, which is one reason since Renaissance they have done well, we should not hesitate to learn good qualities from them and recognize their goodness despite their belief system.

About the "Decline and fall of Islamic Civilization", this has been one of my pet projects for a long while. I did some study but could not find a definite answer.

Al-Andalus was one of the most advanced centers of learning in Europe till its end in 1492 at Cordoba, when the Muslims were finally driven out. Ibn Khaldun was from the last part of this era. He is probably my most favorite personality among famous Muslim scholars of antiquity, as he also took interest in human socio-cultural evolution, one of my favorite subjects. There is a funny story about his meeting with Timur Lenk, where he was dropped using a rope over the city wall of Damascus when it was under siege by Timur's army. He later wrote a big report about this meeting.

Most of the great scientific, mathematical and philosophical work of Islamic civilization such as the Muqaddima by Khaldun, Ibn Sina's Canon of Medicine and Al-khwarijmi's Al-jabr Wa-al Muqabilah were from before the Mongol Invasion. This period included Abbasid rule in Baghdad, Seljuk rule in Turkestan, and Al-Andalus/Al-Maghreb. Many of the works grew out of an environment where ancient knowledge of Greek and Indian civilizations were thoroughly studied, translated and utilized for practical usage, in running the empire. This is the age of free thinking I refer to which include the Mutazilites.

The destruction of Khwarijm Shahi (1218) by Chinggis and then the sacking of Baghdad by Hulagu (1258), were the traumatic events a lot of people hold as the events responsible for the beginning of the decline of Islamic civilization. Some people claim that the delicate irrigation system that were setup through out the Muslim land from present day Iraq to Afghanistan were razed by the Mongol army as the nomad's preferred grazing land for their herds and some them were only restored in 20th century. Also 800,000 people of Baghdad were massacred in 1258, libraries were burnt and the remaining books thrown into the river Euphrates.

Starting with Berke Khan of Golden Horde at Sarai, present day Ukraine, Mongol rulers of all three of the four Mongol Khanates eventually accepted Islam, the religion of most of their subject population:

Golden Horde: Southern Russia (with present day Russia as its vassal states)
Chaghatai: Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrghyzstan, Tajikistan, Xinjiang (Mughalstan)
Il Khan: Iran and Afghanistan

Only the main Khanate of China that became Chinese Yuan dynasty remained outside of Islam as the Yuan dynasty decided to sinicize in order to rule over this vast chinese empire.

There are three singular events in the history of this period that always intrigued me:

Death of Ogedei in 1241, saved Europe from total destruction by Subedei's army
Death of Mongke in 1259, saved Islamic Egypt and ensured the muslim victory in Ain Jalut
Death of Timur in 1405, saved Ming China from Timur's China Expedition

The Ottoman Turkish empire arose from within the Seljuk, but its expansion was west wards towards eastern europe and the balkans, the lands of the former Byzantine empire.

The Safavid, Zand and Qajar dynasties that ruled Iran after mongol Il Khan's, had Turkic ancestry.

Islamic India was ruled mostly by Turkic sultans and finally by Mughal (Timurid) emperors also of Chingizid mongol and Timurid Turkic extraction.

It is probably hard to generalize, but although there were spectacular architectural examples from this Turkic (Turkistani) era, except for rare exceptions, there were hardly any work of lasting intellectual value from this era. Some people blame the steppe nomad's interest in conquest and war-fare and their distaste for city life and refinement such as those of Baghdad, Granada and Cordoba. Of course there was tremendous interest for money and gold of which there was plenty to be had from the large empires and huge subject population. But having a center of learning like that of Baghdad with thousands of libraries and books were not of one of the priorities.

The lone exception was Islamic Jurisprudence developed in Ottoman era that was required to rule over a diverse people over a vast area and some poetic works of art from all three empires.

So my conclusion is this:

- the Bedouin Arabs although nomadic desert tribes, they had been long in touch with Roman, Greek, Persian and Hindu civilizations and hence had an affinity for intellectual pursuits
- the Mongol and Turkic steppe nomads were superior warriors due to survival skill in the steppes, that included horse-riding, archery and having a mobile population that doubled as an army, but their contact with Chinese, Uighur and Persian civilizations did not influence them enough to make them interested in pursuit of knowledge

We must recognize that Ottoman, Safavid/Qajar and Mughal empires continued up until 19th and 20th century and it is under their watch Islamic civilization failed to understand the importance of the Renaissance in Europe. Of course one could always argue that muslims cared more for the eternal life after death, individual pious muslims could think that way, but empires, population groups and nations do not think that way, specially for policy making. The decline must have happened due to the rulers incompetence, try as much as they might have, to prevent it from happening.

For 1000 long years the Han Chinese have been ruled by the Liao, Jin, Yuan(mongol), Ming and then finally Manchu Qing dynasty all of northern mongol/tungusic extraction with Ming being the only exception, yet the Chinese only blame the Qing for loosing out and selling their country to the Anglo-saxons and in my opinion, rightly they blame the Qing rulers incompetence.

Once a people loose sovereignty, it is hard for them to practice their own religion or follow their preferred way of life. Europeans fondness for divide and rule policy and nationlism contributed to the breakup of the three great muslim empires into multiple states. Some muslims are lucky to have their own state, others now live as minority.

When we look at news papers daily and follow chain of events in our life time, history seem fairly slow moving, but if you look at events that happened over not so distant past, it seems fascinating how quickly things happened and how seemingly insignificant events shaped later human history. People in the West today are quite aware of all this and hence the interest in psychological war-fare and the recruitment of ex-muslims in their effort.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: PLEASE AVOID QUOTING LARGE PIECES OF TEXT. REFER TO FORUM RULE #20. JAZAK ALLAH KHAIR

Brother Ansar, thanks for the correction, I will follow this rule from now on.

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-29-2005, 12:30 AM

JazakAllah khair :)

Knowledge
07-22-2005, 12:48 PM

Many people often ask the question, "If we (the Muslims) are the greatest nation as Allaah (swt) says in the Qur'aan, then why is it that we are so disunited, humiliated and weak…?" Indeed this is a question that every Muslim should be thinking about. And indeed, Allaah does say in the Qur'aan: "You are the best nation ever raised up from mankind; you enjoin the good (order people to abide by Islaam) and forbid evil (all forms of kufr, shirk and bid'ah etc. such as Democracy and voting for the Kuffaar), and you believe in Allaah." (EMQ 3: 110)

We are without doubt the greatest nation as Allaah (swt) has blessed us with the Deen of Islaam – the Deen of Haq. Yet we are in a position nowadays that can never be attributed to a nation such as ours. Why is this? Why is our honour being violated, our sanctity being taken away, our lands being divided, Muslims being arrested and killed, the Sharee'ah not being implemented and the Kuffaar not being punished for their evil deeds? Is it because the mosques are not as full as the deviant Tableeghis claim? Is it because we are not doing enough dhikr with the lights off? Is it because we are not an educated Ummah? Or is it because we are not integrating with the Kuffaar?

Many deviant and even apostate (former Muslims) try to claim the above, whilst deviating from the main cause of our decline. Muslims no longer wish to strive for this Deen. They wish to go to Jannah without any kind of struggle – something that is in complete contradiction to what Allaah (swt) has promised; if you want Jannah you must sacrifice and struggle for this Deen.

Should we not be referring to the Book of Allaah and the Messenger Muhammad (saw) and see what they say about our situation? It is in actual fact, quite a simple principle for any Muslim - why should we make assumptions about the reasons for our decline with our own ration and desires, when we have the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of the Messenger Muhammad (saw) to refer to? Allaah (swt) says in the Qur'aan: "And Allaah did indeed fulfil His Promise to you when you were killing them (your enemy) with His Permission; until (the moment) you lost your courage and fell to disputing about the order, and disobeyed after He showed you which you love (victory over the disbelievers). Among you are some that desire this world (the war booty) and some that desire the Hereafter. Then He made you flee from them (your enemy), that He might test you. But surely, He forgave you, and Allaah is Most Gracious to the believers." (EMQ 3: 152)

This verse is addressing an incident that occurred during the Battle of Uhud, from which there is a great lesson for all Muslims to learn. Allaah (swt) informs us that He did fulfil His promise to the believers until they disobeyed and disputed with one another. The Messenger Muhammad (saw) ordered the archers who were placed on the mountain never to move from their position, even if they saw the Muslims being dragged across the earth. However, the Kuffaar were losing a great number of casualties due to the strategic placement of these archers, so the Kuffaar sought how they could lure them down from the mountain.

The Kuffaar decided to tempt the believers with booty and show that they were retreating from the battlefield. The moment the archers saw the booty and the Kuffaar running away, they ran straight for the booty - thus disobeying the command of Rasool-Ullaah (saw). The kuffaar then regrouped and made a counter attack, killing approximately seventy top Mujaahideen.

Allaah tested the believers on this day and showed them that victory is not from numbers or strength; rather it is from Allaah (swt). So if we disobey the ameer and the commands of Allaah, He (swt) will test us by allowing the Kuffaar to have an upper hand over us, and unless we resist and rise against them, they will continue to have an upper hand over us, violate our sanctity and occupy our lands.

Therefore dear Muslims, unless we rise and work to remove the Tawaagheet, they will always have an upper hand over us – as a test from Allaah (swt). Many deviant sects try to put the blame on us or even on the Shaytaan. However, as people who refer to the Qur'aan and Sunnah, Allaah (swt) informs us that it is our fault for not ruling by the Book of Allaah and uprising against the Kuffaar and Tawaagheet. The apostate rulers want you to blame Shaytaan and yourselves as it removes the blame from them.

It is about time for us to think about the Ummah and the Deen of Allaah rather than ourselves, and work actively day and night to overthrow the kufr regimes and implement the best Sharee'ah – the Sharee'ah of Allaah (swt). Beware that if you do not do this, you will die the death of Jaahiliyyah, just like the Arabs before Islaam and you will have no excuse on the Day of Judgement.

rsx
07-24-2005, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by True Quran
[B]Why the Kuffaar have an upper hand over us?
first of all, we gotta stop blaming everyone else for everything and blame ourselves for once. Don't get me wrong, others should take blame but we haven't done all that great either.

We have no unity.

We are way too much into criticizing who is a good muslim, who is a bad muslim (i have experience in this department) and stuff INSTEAD of criticizing governments to make the economy better or education better or on science and technology.

most of our political leaders are horrible and oh yeah, we got a lazy idiots holding power in powerful muslim nations (saudi arabia's royal family anyone?)

TEH
07-24-2005, 10:30 PM
rsx has a point...

:D

NooralHaya
07-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Allah ta'ala appoints a leader juding by the people of that nation. so when it all boils down, thanks to us, we have Bush. we shouldn't complain of no unity if we cannot contribute to it through our proper islamic character.

Ummu Amatullah
07-24-2005, 10:57 PM
asallama alaikum brothers and hopefully sisters.Once I heard from Sheik Abdullahi Hakim Quick that this world is a punishment for us and paradise for the disbeleivers, and the next life is a paradise for us and a painful punishment for the disbeleivers.We muslims are so disunited because we don't follow the Shariah fully.We follow some parts and leave out others.The Holy Quran refers to this by saying: ""Do you believe in a part of the Scripture and reject the rest? Then what is the recompense of those who do so among you, except disgrace in this worldly life, and on the Day of Resurrection they shall be consigned to the most grievous torment. And Allah is not unaware of what you do."(Verse2:85)

Ra`eesah
07-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

The problem is we as "MUSLIMS" are not practicing "ISLAM"... , we must ask ourselves WHY the Islamic Empire collapsed.............. once u come to the answer ponder.

NooralHaya
07-24-2005, 11:30 PM
^ true thing =)

khilji
07-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Brothers and Sisters of faith in this forum, could you please define true Islam for me, so we can all follow it and achieve our great Ummah again.

As far as I understand, it definitely is not just Imaan, Salat, Sawm, Hajj and Zakat, while we live under Kuffar nationalist system called Nation-states. True Islam is to follow the example of Muhammad(SAWS) and the commands of Quran, not bits of pieces of it, taken out of context, but in their totality. True Islam is to follow the example of how the Ummah was formed from the sacrifices of the Sahaba and how in the Great early Ummah, under Kholafa-e-Rashidun, all inhabitants could live life in peace and prosperity, under strict Shariah based law and order.

Islam, unlike Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and other world religions, is not a label, which you can put on like a garment, when you have some belief and conduct some rituals. Islam is a total way of life:

- ritualistic
- political
- economic
- judicial

etc. covering all spheres of human activity within the Ummah. Muslims living without a united Ummah, and not working towards it, are not true Muslims.

It is a total system, that includes individuals conducts and governance of society. Until and unless we start working towards that goal, sticking to rituals only just make us half Muslim. Hope you understand these points.

Allahu A'alam.

NooralHaya
07-25-2005, 12:04 AM
mashaAllah you beautifully answered your request of asking what TRUE ISLAM is

TEH
07-25-2005, 12:09 AM
I wouldnt say that was true Islam, certainly a better Islam, but I mean, if we went by your theory, then none of us are true Muslims, because today an 'ummah' as such does not exist...

True Muslims do exist in the world, but not everyone is perfect at the end of the day...

:)

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-25-2005, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
The problem is we as "MUSLIMS" are not practicing "ISLAM"... , we must ask ourselves WHY the Islamic Empire collapsed.............. once u come to the answer ponder.
Exactly. We can see this disease still amongst us in Muslims who smoke, drink and do all kinds of haraam, and then they complain about the condition of the Muslim Ummah.

Astaghfirullah.

Bittersteel
07-25-2005, 12:24 AM
I believe you guys know what Islam Karimov did to those Uzbeks?

khilji
07-25-2005, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
I wouldnt say that was true Islam, certainly a better Islam, but I mean, if we went by your theory, then none of us are true Muslims, because today an 'ummah' as such does not exist...

True Muslims do exist in the world, but not everyone is perfect at the end of the day...

:)
Since United Ummah and Khilafat does not exist, if we do not make a conscious effort and work towards making it happen - then we cannot be true muslims. Please note that the point I am making is that the effort to unite the Ummah in any way possible that is within our means, is an integral part of Islam and being a muslim.

Islam and muslims without a United Ummah is a meaningless concept, since no nation, people and system survive without a self supporting state. If we continue the way we are, the differences and divergence will magnify and soon every nation-state will have its own version of Islam.

The Shia faith rose only due to the Safavid and Qazar rulers of Iran from Turkic Azerbaijan, who imported the Shia Twelver Imams from Najaf and Basra and gave them land and power to convert the Sunni Persians around 1500. It was an effort to create a gulf with muslims from Sunni Ottoman and Mughal empire.

So when Westerners talk about political Islam, they do not know that Islam is political by definition.

And our pious and virtual muslim brothers and sisters, who have great enlightened aqeedah, if they are not doing anything to unite the Ummah, are also missing a large part of the picture.

Allahu A'alam.

Bittersteel
07-25-2005, 04:13 AM
We need to restore the Caliphate but the Islamic nations remain divided.See how some Islamic nations supported the Iraqi War.

Karimov killed more than a hundred Muslims just becuz they made a march calling Muslims worldwide to restore the Caliphate.

aamirsaab
07-26-2005, 07:40 AM
The kuffar have an upper hand against us because we stopped. We (as muslims) used to be the best of people. Nowadays, it is very rare to find that kind of muslim. This is why I urge youngsters to take their education seriously. If we stop again, we're done for.

Akeyi
12-29-2016, 09:24 PM
20k muslims with best equipment is enough to conquer the world even less is enough

Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The best [number] of companions is four, and the best of expeditions is 400 and the best of armies is 4000. 12,000 Muslims will not be defeated for lack of numbers."
- [Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi]

azc
12-30-2016, 05:58 AM
Because the mentality of hatred of abu jahal or abu lahab still persist in them whereas we've engrossed in the world and have left the ways of our sahaba ikram RA . Until we follow their foot-steps the circumstance of perdition are not going to be changed.

cooterhein
12-30-2016, 06:12 PM
Hey, I'm a Christian from the United States of America.

As to the question of why Muslims are doing so poorly, I would primarily point to the printing press. Paper, books, libraries, and academia used to belong to the Muslims. Then the printing press took things to a whole new level, and Muslims just backed out of it. It didn't happen all at once, of course- Muslim libraries and centers of knowledge did not disappear overnight- but when Europe began to widely use the printing press, while Muslims forbade it, that was the start of a centuries-long process where the fortunes of the West trended up and the fortunes of Muslims trended generally down. Since then the Internet age has been a newer and separate phenomenon, but that's not as closely related to how we got places where we are presently at.

I want to point out a couple of things. Catholics in Europe feared the printing press because they wanted to preserve the unity of Catholicism and maintain the political and social order that the Church had such control over, otherwise known as Christendom. But the printing press did its thing, the Lutherans and Calvinists and Anabaptists were able to survive, I am a direct heir of their traditions, and Christendom (in the previously described sense) was no more. The unity of Catholicism was shattered, never to recover, and the Westphalian nation-state concept that came from That conflict is now the normative global arrangement. And the West is super powerful, you might even say dominant.

The Muslim world also feared the printing press, specifically in terms of what it would do to the authority of the most powerful religious elites and the unity of belief and teaching. So the printing press was banned in a Muslim lands, mostly up to the late 19th and early 20th century although Napoleon dropped off four of them in Egypt in the early 19th century in the course of fleeing by night from a place that didn't want him as a ruler. And the result? Islam still winds up being rather disunified, and most Muslims are doing quite badly by all reasonable measurements.

It was a mistake to ban the printing press, any Muslim who fought against that ban would have done you a favor if they'd won that fight, and now here we are.

Captain Howdy
11-16-2017, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by True Quran
You suffer from severe leadership crisis. KSA is an American puppet . America is jewish puppet .

M.I.A.
11-16-2017, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Captain Howdy
You suffer from severe leadership crisis. KSA is an American puppet . America is jewish puppet .
The problem is..

And you could ask many people and get many answers.

Imo the problem is that we can't escape our chains.

..have you ever watched phase IV?

Dont worry im going to cringe about this later.

AbdurRahman.
11-16-2017, 05:55 PM
Allah will not change a peoples condition until they change their hearts.

unless we change (in large numbers or collectively) this is exactly what we deserve, kuffar over us!

Captain Howdy
11-16-2017, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
..have you ever watched phase IV?
ants

anatolian
11-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Because we are not acting upon Islam and are letting our worldly desires to rule us. If we acted upon Islam we would not let the World rule us but we would rule the World.

M.I.A.
11-16-2017, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Captain Howdy
ants
Yeah, it was surprisingly relevant.

You can only push on the world so much before it starts to push back..

If your pushing in the wrong places anyway.

..for most.

Also on another train of thought the story goes that..

Insert story of prophet Suleiman and the ants. (Pbuh..AS)

..i would insert it but google did a number on me o_0

In the end i think we are so preoccupied in planning for our own tommorows to be part of something bigger..

On purpose or not.

..thats really badly worded..

...and then science!!!

https://youtu.be/16W7c0mb-rE

..or is it the ghost in the machine?

Captain Howdy
11-17-2017, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
In the end i think we are so preoccupied in planning for our own tommorows to be part of something bigger..
Ummah is severely cut off from mainstream .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.