/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your healthy favourite foods...

syilla
11-03-2006, 05:33 AM
:sl:

lets share healthy favourite foods...

mine is strawberry dip into honey...

fresh vegetable salads with raisins...

cooked foods and processed food is not allowed...:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asyur an-Nagi
11-03-2006, 06:14 AM
banana and peanut chunks...yummm!

Woodrow
11-03-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm primarily a raw veggie eater myself. My favorites are a salad made with a large variety of fresh young greens. I like a variety of taste and texture in them so stuff like mixtures of spinach, lettuce, endive, escarole and mustard greens. Of course that is not all I eat, but that is my favorite.

Deleted:

Asyur an-Nagi
11-03-2006, 06:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I'm primarily a raw veggie eater myself. My favorites are a salad made with a large variety of fresh young greens. I like a variety of taste and texture in them so stuff like mixtures of spinach, lettuce, endive, escarole and mustard greens. Of course that is not all I eat, but that is my favorite.

For cooked stuff I'm very partial towards native American cooking, especialy Cherokee. Although now that I live in Texas I've been introduced to some Commanche, Caddo and even Maya cooking. Potatos are best following some of the Maya recipes. What is interesting is the gigantic number of varieties of potatos there are. Only now is much of the world learning about what the South Americans have kept to themselves.
comanche, caddo and maya cooking? are they all consuming raw foods? :?

yea, i only love green salads with dressing. it's all in the dressing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
F.Y.
11-03-2006, 06:47 AM
I love spinach, crunchy green veges, sweetcorn, watermelon, pasta, pineapple, strawberries, grapes, tangy dressings, soft and creamy potatoes, mozzarella cheese...
I think the list would go on - or maybe it's just because I'm fasting....
Peace

Woodrow
11-03-2006, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi

yea, i only love green salads with dressing. it's all in the dressing.

Deleted the Cooked foods I had posted

Woodrow
11-03-2006, 06:58 AM
I should have said what epazote is. It is a spice from Mexico. The flavor is similar to a mixture of Mint and Lemon. It is a fairly large leaf about 3 inches long and an inch wide. Some of the common unappetising American names for it are:

Skunkweed, Wormseed, Mexican tea, West Indian goosefoot, Jerusalem parsley, Hedge mustard, Sweet pigweed

Umar001
11-03-2006, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
I love spinach, crunchy green veges, sweetcorn, watermelon, pasta, pineapple, strawberries, grapes, tangy dressings, soft and creamy potatoes, mozzarella cheese...
I think the list would go on - or maybe it's just because I'm fasting....
Peace
You eat raw pasta?:uuh: :uuh:

F.Y.
11-03-2006, 11:20 AM
^No. I love very very soft pasta. Forget the 'al dente' rule - I like it squishy. :)
Peace

Hijaabi22
11-03-2006, 04:29 PM
chocolate? ;D

Mawaddah
11-03-2006, 05:22 PM
My favorite healthy food?

Ermm.......

Every single fruit on this planet...........minus banana :D. I like to chop up apples and then sprinkle it with sugar,salt and lime juice....a yummy tart tasting snack :)

I love vegetables too..........every single one also :p Prepared in any which way. I like to make salad arab style though with lots of pepper. Just dice some onions, cucumber,tomatoes very finely and grate some carrots.Shred some cilantro/coriander on top. Add lime juice to it, salt and a looooooootttt of fresh pepper picked from the garden. I used to have it every day :)

erm.....Yoghurt. I love yoghurt :) Especially my moms home made yoghurt ;).

OH YES

Milk and fresh dates.......nothing can top that :D

Sometimes I make a date shake...dates,yoghurt and milk. Blend and serve with ice. Yum :)

InToTheRain
11-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Spinach with mackrel or salmon. Sometimes wid Potatoes, all boiled of course.

For breakast or dessert has to be my smootie combo - Lotsa water, some ice cubes, Honey, brown sugar and strawberry/apple/banana/pears/mango/whatever.

amirah_87
11-03-2006, 09:50 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

I dunno where to start!! :D

Errrmm.. I love Couscous, All Sea-food!! All Fruits N' Veg (minus the Brussel Sprouts :heated: :heated: )

Umar001
11-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Man I hope I get to jennah and eat Salmon, too expensive in this dunya! and lobster not that i've tried it before lol.

InToTheRain
11-03-2006, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Man I hope I get to jennah and eat Salmon, too expensive in this dunya! and lobster not that i've tried it before lol.
Insha'Allah bro, although if we do get into Jannat I am sure the last think you would wanna eat is salmon considering the other rewards there ;D

Snowflake
11-04-2006, 12:34 AM
I love juicy melons cold from the fridge..so refreshing.:playing:

Oh and mango/melon lassi...awesome!

*noor
11-04-2006, 12:38 AM
:sl: :)

hmmm.....what healthy foods do i like?

well i love fruits especially strawberries, bananas, oranges, apples, peaches, watermelon, and honeydew

:)

the vegetables that i like are eggplant, green peppers (not the hot ones), cucumbers, lettuce, and tomatoes (which is sometimes considered a fruit) :D

i love whole wheat pita bread which by the way is healthier than most other breads! :happy:

i love honey!!!

ok i love too many foods maybe!....at least they're healthy!

Woodrow
11-04-2006, 12:43 AM
I almost forgot to mention nuts. There was a tree I used to have called a sweet pit apricot. The fruit was an apricot however the seed was an almond. the best and sweetest almond I ever had. It was a double treat, pick a nice fresh sweet apricot and then eat the pit. Most apricots have inedible pits.

I miss that tree.

*noor
11-04-2006, 01:23 AM
ooohhhh yeah!!

i forgot to mention that i like apricots as well.

Umar001
11-04-2006, 02:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah
Insha'Allah bro, although if we do get into Jannat I am sure the last think you would wanna eat is salmon considering the other rewards there ;D
Yea but I mean free food, and as much as u want and u dont get full up, imagine that!! SALMON HERE I COME!

snowdropjasmine
11-04-2006, 03:37 PM
i love my chocolate:happy: :playing: . the only healthy food i eat is sweetcorn and tuna sandwich;D

learningislam
11-04-2006, 07:22 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
My favorite healthy food?

Milk and fresh dates.......nothing can top that :D

Sometimes I make a date shake...dates,yoghurt and milk. Blend and serve with ice. Yum
:)
How come you are reading my mind......mawaddah :D

I love dates too,esp with cream and nuts.

I love juicy melons cold from the fridge..so refreshing.
And i love ice cream too,.........aint that healthy food?:rollseyes

:wasalamex

syilla
11-06-2006, 01:51 AM
do most of you eat salmon raw :rolleyes: ??

i thought only the japanese eat that way...

Umar001
11-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Assalamu Aleykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

I think the way I eat it is not raw but i dont know.

glo
11-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I love spicy chickpeas with spinach and tomatoes.
Another favourite is 'onion cake' (more like a bread base with creamy onion topping)
And my son's double baked potatoes - it takes him ages to do, but they are delicious (he is only 9 years old!)

Apart from that I bake a mean apple cake. :)

Yum! :D

*noor
11-07-2006, 01:37 AM

I love salmon but have never even tried it raw nor will I ever try it raw!
It doesn't sound too tempting!!

syilla
11-07-2006, 05:34 AM

i think most of you didn't read in the first post that this thread does not allowed any cooked or processed food....

so only raw food please....

that's why i was confused when people start posting salmon...hehehe

Dhulqarnaeen
11-07-2006, 07:27 AM
healthy favourite food? Mmm...since I like everyfood. And seems to me all food is healthy :heated: . But...I choose dates with milk. Someone taught me and it taste nice masha Allah and healthy, and its one of the best food in Islam.

Asyur an-Nagi
11-08-2006, 03:10 AM

i think most of you didn't read in the first post that this thread does not allowed any cooked or processed food....

so only raw food please....

that's why i was confused when people start posting salmon...hehehe
salmon lost their succulent and tasty properties once they are cooked in whatever manner i think. raw salmon is the best!

syilla
11-08-2006, 07:07 AM
^^^i love sushi...raw salmon...yum yum...

but when i was pregnant...i was being banned from sushi...i was so sad....

learningislam
11-08-2006, 03:32 PM
:salamext:

some more healthy foods....that i like.
Banana milk shake........its all time fav

then lemonade. And i like cucumber too.

:wasalamex

no1_outbider
11-08-2006, 03:35 PM
salaam :)

Mine is DAIRYLEE and THE LAUGHING COW SPREAD CHEESE under healthy food!

S_87
11-08-2006, 03:36 PM

all fruits especially bananas and oranges

corn!! i love it!!

butterfly+
11-08-2006, 08:47 PM
fruits. esp kiwis and cucumbers yummm
nuts

Munawwarah
11-09-2006, 02:21 AM
My favorite healthy foods are broccoli, watermelon, apples, plums, grapes, greens, green beans, sunflower seeds, sesame sticks, peanuts, and I love fresh salads.

I love my veggies.:)

Snowflake
11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
try this... it's yummy and healthy :):):)

one pot bio-yogurt
one tin pineapple chunks
seeds of 2 pomegranates
2 bananas chopped

just mix everything in the yogurt and voila! An excellent healthy and tasty dessert! :giggling:

snowdropjasmine
11-09-2006, 02:38 PM
i do not like veg;D
i can't eat any kind of fish other then tuna;D ;D
am so unhealthy;D

Re.TiReD
11-09-2006, 02:42 PM
hmm ma and healthy dont really go together but I like kiwi'z....yoghurt...organic that is :D erm...bananas...what else is healthy?? :? lol :okay:

syilla
11-10-2006, 01:11 AM
have anyone tried non-cook egg blended with milk...it is suppose to be good for your skin and bones....

if you give it to the teenager they will grow tall...

i never try it thats why i'm short :rolleyes:

maryamjp
11-10-2006, 02:53 AM
just wash carrots, cucumber, radish and eat without any dressing. sounds tasteless but its very tasty. We don't even remove the skin of carrots. Or maximun we use sault, pepper and lemon juice.
And cold noodles (somen in japanese) with sauce, raw fish (sashimi)
:w:

syilla
11-10-2006, 03:16 AM
^^^any tips in eating raw fishes?

what kind of fish that is suitable?

what should we put on it to avoid bad odour? i heard that we should it ginger with it....

Woodrow
11-10-2006, 03:42 AM
^^^any tips in eating raw fishes?

what kind of fish that is suitable?

what should we put on it to avoid bad odour? i heard that we should it ginger with it....
Most of the salt water water fish are suitable. The favorites are Tuna, Turbot and Haddock. It is best to use just firm white meat with no skin.

Yes, the condiments are important. ginger and wasabi are the favorites to use along with soy sauce, however, it is important to be careful with soy sauce as not all of it is Halal.

The fish is usually wrapped in sea weed. The sea weed can be bought at any store that sells sushi, I do not know what variety is used so I can not tell you to try to collect your own.

syilla
11-10-2006, 03:47 AM
^^^thanks for the reminder....it is a good thing i do not like to have it with soy sauce....

i have this habit of eating it with only wasabi....

and sometimes i kind of wanting to eat only wasabi...out of the blue

Woodrow
11-10-2006, 04:09 AM
^^^thanks for the reminder....it is a good thing i do not like to have it with soy sauce....

i have this habit of eating it with only wasabi....

and sometimes i kind of wanting to eat only wasabi...out of the blue
I'm addicted to wasabi peas. Dried peas covered with wasabi powder, the more wasabi the better. Only bad part is I look like I am crying all the time LOL. But, they are delicious and worth the watery eyes while I am eating them.

syilla
11-10-2006, 04:14 AM
^^^MashaAllah you are right... me too...

those are delicious....(i bought it during the halal fair....now i'm not sure where to get it)

i even love to eat wasabi seaweed....

Malaikah
11-11-2006, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
it is important to be careful with soy sauce as not all of it is Halal.

Why whats wrong with it?:offended:

p.s. raw fish+o(

Woodrow
11-11-2006, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

Why whats wrong with it?:offended:

p.s. raw fish+o(
Some varieties of natural soy sauce are fermented and contain some alcohol. Made like a wine. There are plenty of Halal ones available tho

Malaikah
11-11-2006, 06:22 AM

Far out man, does everything contain alcohol these days!

anyway... my fav healthy food... MANGO!!!!

SirZubair
11-11-2006, 06:39 AM
Asparagus,.. brocolli, beans (most beans), Spinich...

.. I love my Greens. :)

Nawal89
11-11-2006, 01:37 PM
my favorite healthy food..
That would be all vegetables except for tomatoes and cabbage. :)

abdur_Rahmaan
11-11-2006, 02:27 PM
:wasalamex:

I'm actually writing all of this down, maa shaa Allaah. Sounds healthy, plus making my stomach churn out of hunger. --smiles till pre-molars show--

I'm a candy eater; may Allaah help us to eat MORE healthy. I'd have to go with honey; the real honey and not the processed kind.

Does anyone have the link to "Medicine of the Prophet" online? In that there's a ton of healthy eating, walhamdulillaah.

The Ruler
11-11-2006, 02:29 PM

healthy food ????....right...i only eat a few fruits...like once in a month maybe...an apple or a pear or mangoes...yes mangoes :happy: my fav :D

salad...nice when mixed with mayonaise :p

abdur_Rahmaan
11-11-2006, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

healthy food ????....right...i only eat a few fruits...like once in a month maybe...an apple or a pear or mangoes...yes mangoes :happy: my fav :D

salad...nice when mixed with mayonaise :p

Salad mixed with mayonnaise? Hmm... that sounds like a concoction when one is hungry. I heard of Ranch with salad.

How about butter?

syilla
11-15-2006, 01:02 AM

you're right...honey is good...

good for your immune system.

i heard that if you want it to be effective you have eat it with plastic spoon. and do not combine it with water.

however, you cannot eat honey...to much. well...it can also be bad for your health. it will rise the temperature of your body.

the tips are to eat one teaspoon of honey per day.

don't give honey to a toddler...especially under 3 years old because they might allergic to it.

thats the only tips that i have for now

Allah knows best

Dhulqarnaeen
11-15-2006, 06:20 AM
have anyone tried non-cook egg blended with milk...it is suppose to be good for your skin and bones....

if you give it to the teenager they will grow tall...

i never try it thats why i'm short :rolleyes:
non cook egg? Dont you afraid of birdflu??? If you get birdflu thats wont be a healthy food anylonger...but deadly food

Dhulqarnaeen
11-15-2006, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
my favorite healthy food..
That would be all vegetables except for tomatoes and cabbage. :)
If you come to Indonesia I bet you wont say that sis. (ups...bet haram). Cause there are a lot of vegetables that you NEVER met before, and bitter too :offended: . In Indonesia we said "Semua daun bisa dimakan, kecuali daun pintu, semua yang dilaut bisa dimakan kecuali kapal selam"..lol. Means all leaves can be eaten except the door (Door in Indonesia can be said door leaves...mmm strange to say it in english though), and all in the sea can be eaten except submarine ship.
And to you fruits lovers..masha Allah Indonesia have it all, in every climate. You can eat bananas eveyrday, or kiwi, dragon fruit, and you can taste fruits that you never know in your life, walhamdulillah. And now is Durians fruits time, or indo said "musim durian", have you EVER taste durian? And do U love it? Is it health? Is it have vitamin C Im wondering? I love it but I dont know whats it has :D MAybe someone can give information about this fruit. Its expensive fruits masha Allah.

Asyur an-Nagi
11-15-2006, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
If you come to Indonesia I bet you wont say that sis. (ups...bet haram). Cause there are a lot of vegetables that you NEVER met before, and bitter too :offended: . In Indonesia we said "Semua daun bisa dimakan, kecuali daun pintu, semua yang dilaut bisa dimakan kecuali kapal selam"..lol. Means all leaves can be eaten except the door (Door in Indonesia can be said door leaves...mmm strange to say it in english though), and all in the sea can be eaten except submarine ship.
And to you fruits lovers..masha Allah Indonesia have it all, in every climate. You can eat bananas eveyrday, or kiwi, dragon fruit, and you can taste fruits that you never know in your life, walhamdulillah. And now is Durians fruits time, or indo said "musim durian", have you EVER taste durian? And do U love it? Is it health? Is it have vitamin C Im wondering? I love it but I dont know whats it has :D MAybe someone can give information about this fruit. Its expensive fruits masha Allah.

yes. in indonesia, if you happens to encounter strange creature, the only way to know whether it is harmful or not--is by eating it:)

btw, bro dhulqarnaeen, are you indonesian?( i believe so for quite so long:p)

Dhulqarnaeen
11-15-2006, 10:38 AM
yes. in indonesia, if you happens to encounter strange creature, the only way to know whether it is harmful or not--is by eating it:)

btw, bro dhulqarnaeen, are you indonesian?( i believe so for quite so long:p)
Alhamdulillah Im Indonesian. :) U Bro? Where you come from? Bombing epicentrum? wheres that? :D

Asyur an-Nagi
11-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Alhamdulillah Im Indonesian. :) U Bro? Where you come from? Bombing epicentrum? wheres that? :D
alhamdulillah, me too:) i miss indonesia healthy foods, since living far fom home gets me much closer to junk foods.
bombing epicentrum?? i have no idea:D just sounds cool, hehehe

Malaikah
11-15-2006, 11:49 AM
"Semua daun bisa dimakan, kecuali daun pintu, semua yang dilaut bisa dimakan kecuali kapal selam"..lol. Means all leaves can be eaten except the door (Door in Indonesia can be said door leaves...mmm strange to say it in english though), and all in the sea can be eaten except submarine ship.

lol! the submarine part is funny! You reminded me of something me and my friends made up in high school... "kita tinggal di kapal selam kuning" :D (i got a feeling i spelled kuning wrong lol)

You can eat bananas eveyrday, or kiwi, dragon fruit, and you can taste fruits that you never know in your life, walhamdulillah.
You guys have so much mango! mashaallah lol i bet its worth going to indo just for all the mango.
And now is Durians fruits time, or indo said "musim durian", have you EVER taste durian? And do U love it? Is it health? Is it have vitamin C Im wondering? I love it but I dont know whats it has :D MAybe someone can give information about this fruit. Its expensive fruits masha Allah.
Isnt that the one that smells REALLY bad?:hiding:

Mawaddah
11-15-2006, 12:12 PM

Most people say that, I dont think so :p

But too much of the smell can give me headache too.

Dhulqarnaeen
11-16-2006, 02:03 AM

lol! the submarine part is funny! You reminded me of something me and my friends made up in high school... "kita tinggal di kapal selam kuning" :D (i got a feeling i spelled kuning wrong lol)

You guys have so much mango! mashaallah lol i bet its worth going to indo just for all the mango.

We have plenty kind of mangoes, and in eeeeeeevery climate alhamdulillah. We have mangga manalagi, indramayu, gedong, harummanis and all. I love mangoes, and not its so cheap too masha Allah.
And yes, but I dont agree if we call it bad smells cause to me durians is harum. But if we put it in the car then we can mabuk just because of the smells

Dhulqarnaeen
11-16-2006, 02:05 AM
Most people say that, I dont think so :p

But too much of the smell can give me headache too.
I love the smells, its harum I think. But smelling it too long yes can make headache, cause they said durian have alcohol and if someone eat it too much it can raise the blood pressure. So someone who have high blood pressure may not eat this fruits :) So U have high pressure ukhty?

Malaikah
11-16-2006, 02:27 AM
cause they said durian have alcohol

What? :uuh: Is that even possible? :?

lolwatever
11-16-2006, 02:29 AM
one thing tho... even if something contains ethanol (the actual alchohol).. it's not classified as khamr unless it inotixicates if taken in large amounts... if it intoxicates when taken in large amoutns then even in small amounts is haram....

just like the other day i read somethign about timtam containin alchohol.. the question is.. if u eat 10 million of them does that mean u get intoxicated? the asnwer is prob no.. therefore its halal....

take care salams

Malaikah
11-16-2006, 04:22 AM

What?! :uuh: Can you explain that further??

syilla
11-17-2006, 01:59 AM
I love the smells, its harum I think. But smelling it too long yes can make headache, cause they said durian have alcohol and if someone eat it too much it can raise the blood pressure. So someone who have high blood pressure may not eat this fruits :) So U have high pressure ukhty?

:D :D

some even says that they have drugs in it :giggling:

btw....i never thought that durian is healthy... :rollseyes :rollseyes

is quite fattening though...alot of carbohydrate and sugars... :hiding:
not advised for the diabetic patients

Mawaddah
11-17-2006, 01:53 PM
:D :D

some even says that they have drugs in it :giggling:

btw....i never thought that durian is healthy... :rollseyes :rollseyes

is quite fattening though...alot of carbohydrate and sugars... :hiding:
not advised for the diabetic patients
:rollseyes Drugs?

:rollseyes Alcohol?

I've never heard those before :giggling:

I know that if you eat too much durian it makes you sick though right?:?

Because I have a cousin in Malaysia, he loves it so much but everytime after he eats it he gets sick:D

So his mother makes him drink water out of the skin of the durian, she said it's so that the durian wont make him sick.......is that true? :?

I think tempoyak is even more 'nastier' smelling than the actual durian, but I like it :okay:

Dhulqarnaeen
11-18-2006, 06:37 AM
:rollseyes Drugs?

:rollseyes Alcohol?

I've never heard those before :giggling:

I know that if you eat too much durian it makes you sick though right?:?

Because I have a cousin in Malaysia, he loves it so much but everytime after he eats it he gets sick:D

So his mother makes him drink water out of the skin of the durian, she said it's so that the durian wont make him sick.......is that true? :?

I think tempoyak is even more 'nastier' smelling than the actual durian, but I like it :okay:
Lol.....or course this alcohol in durian not haram, just like grapes or dates, we can make khamr from these fruits right, but its only haram if its made into khamr, but in fruits its not haram.
And eat too much durian can make you a little bit.....dizzy I think :D r is it just me? :rollseyes :D And yessssssss......how do U know ukhti?!? :uuh: Yes we should drink the water from the durian skin and wash our hands with it too...they said to "menawar bau dan panasnye" :)
Ooh and its not certainly alcohol which is in durian...all I know it can make you drunk...or alittle bit drunk if you eat it too much. but I can habiskan two whole durians just for my self :D :playing: bunot good eating it too much lah. Eeeeeeeeeeverything which is too much is always not good right.
And you love tempoyak? :giggling: Its called asam durian in here, but in Sumatera they call it tempoyak too. And I like it too and my mother is the best in making tempoyah -hafidhahallah- you should try it :D

peacechaser
11-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Lol.....or course this alcohol in durian not haram, just like grapes or dates, we can make khamr from these fruits right, but its only haram if its made into khamr, but in fruits its not haram.
And eat too much durian can make you a little bit.....dizzy I think r is it just me? And yessssssss......how do U know ukhti?!? Yes we should drink the water from the durian skin and wash our hands with it too...they said to "menawar bau dan panasnye"
Ooh and its not certainly alcohol which is in durian...all I know it can make you drunk...or alittle bit drunk if you eat it too much. but I can habiskan two whole durians just for my self bunot good eating it too much lah. Eeeeeeeeeeverything which is too much is always not good right.
And you love tempoyak? Its called asam durian in here, but in Sumatera they call it tempoyak too. And I like it too and my mother is the best in making tempoyah -hafidhahallah- you should try it

I live in the same country, pak (Indonesia if you want to know), but I just cannot like it:hiding: . Maybe it sounds hypocrite, but I dislike it just by it's smell. However, I've tried a dodol (kind of taffy made of sticky rice, coconut milk and palm sugar) with durian flavored. And from this experience I knew that me and durian are just like water vs oil:heated: ! However I know the Sumatra civilians, whom are the durian lovers. While I'm in Java, people with various tongues:okay: .

By the way, I like unboiled carrot (sweet)

peacechaser
11-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh no no!:uuh: I don't mean that you shouldn't try durian!:uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

I'm just one of the minority...

I just want to express my feelings...

Man, I'm I've to learn a lot about manner.......:cry:

Mawaddah
11-20-2006, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peacechaser

I live in the same country, pak (Indonesia if you want to know), but I just cannot like it:hiding: . Maybe it sounds hypocrite, but I dislike it just by it's smell. However, I've tried a dodol (kind of taffy made of sticky rice, coconut milk and palm sugar) with durian flavored. And from this experience I knew that me and durian are just like water vs oil:heated: ! However I know the Sumatra civilians, whom are the durian lovers. While I'm in Java, people with various tongues:okay: .

By the way, I like unboiled carrot (sweet)
Oooh I like Dodol too, but I dont think that would be appropriate for this thread....it's not exactly 'healthy' is it lol.

Whilst I was in Yemen, I used to like to chew on Grape leaves :okay: They're nice!! really sour and tangy.

And I used to go to the Barley fields and Pick some of the fresh Barley and wheat and munch on that too ;D

Barley :

The spikes are really really sharp though and my hands used to hurt really bad :-\

And sometimes when I used to walk thru the fields, me and my friend would pick some dandelion Fluffs and blow away the fluff and munch on the little white thing inside :p. It looked like this and then we blew away the fluff......it had no taste really, but then me and my friend just liked to pick stuff and try them out :happy: and it was fun blowing away the fluff

amirah_87
11-20-2006, 05:16 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol, let me make this real clear people.. I was not in on this crazy escapde of chewing on twigs and all sorts of Maws.. :uuh:

..only the grape leaves one!! :D

Mawaddah
11-20-2006, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol, let me make this real clear people.. I was not in on this crazy escapde of chewing on twigs and all sorts of Maws.. :uuh:

..only the grape leaves one!! :D
;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah I forgot to make that one clear........ all the other 'westerners' used to look at me in horror when I would chew on that stuff ;D

But then I think I adapted more Yemeni ways than you guys :okay:

And they're quite tasty once you get used to it so it's all good :D :D

And Princess......you remember the other type of wheat thing they used to grow? on the long long stalks? :? what's that one called in English again? I used to love that too :giggling:

Edit:

I found out the name of it!! It's called Sorghum!! They used to call it Dhurrah back in Yemen........heres a pic of it :D

I had lots of Yemeni farmer friends and they knew how much I used to like to chew on the kernels of this plant so they used to let me pick from their fields any time :D

umm-sulaim
11-20-2006, 07:51 PM
lolz maw....

i love that sis...boiled with salt innit :D masha Allah, or toasted...

i miss qasb assokar sugar cane masha Allah thas lovely....

wassalaam

Mawaddah
11-21-2006, 01:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
lolz maw....

i love that sis...boiled with salt innit :D masha Allah, or toasted...

i miss qasb assokar sugar cane masha Allah thas lovely....

wassalaam
I used to eat the sorghum raw :D

It has this lovely milky/crunchy/custardy feeling then :wub:

And you dont have sugarcane there where you are now? :? We get them all over the place here....

amirah_87
11-21-2006, 11:52 AM
As salaamu Alaykum,

Lol I don't know what that sorghum's called in English... I never used to eat it much!!
Wallahi kunti Zayy ar-ru3aatal Ghanam!! :p Bedowiyyah proper!! sinkin' ur teeth into anything you find..
y'know they always had a purpose for every bark,trunk n' tree! :lol: even seeds :p

but i could do with some fusfus!!! the Large white ones were the best!! :D

Mawaddah
11-21-2006, 01:45 PM
As salaamu Alaykum,

Lol I don't know what that sorghum's called in English... I never used to eat it much!!
Wallahi kunti Zayy ar-ru3aatal Ghanam!! :p Bedowiyyah proper!! sinkin' ur teeth into anything you find..
y'know they always had a purpose for every bark,trunk n' tree! :lol: even seeds :p

but i could do with some fusfus!!! the Large white ones were the best!! :D
:lol: aiwa.....you remember Rasheeda from Bahamas? Kaanat taquul annani akhass min ru3aat alghanam.....li-annani zay alghanam nafsuhum!! ;D ;D

talking about seeds, y'know what I used to do with the dawm seeds :okay: me and my fellow ru3aat alghanam friends used to gather them up and then crack them and eat the little bitsy little kernel in the middle ;D ;D

I miss fusfus too though :cry: I used to by them by the kilo :hiding:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-21-2006, 05:11 PM
healthy food. Whats that??

Oh yeah actually I have lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers in my burgers.

amirah_87
11-21-2006, 05:19 PM
:lol: aiwa.....you remember Rasheeda from Bahamas? Kaanat taquul annani akhass min ru3aat alghanam.....li-annani zay alghanam nafsuhum!! ;D ;D

talking about seeds, y'know what I used to do with the dawm seeds :okay: me and my fellow ru3aat alghanam friends used to gather them up and then crack them and eat the little bitsy little kernel in the middle ;D ;D

I miss fusfus too though :cry: I used to by them by the kilo :hiding:
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol Wallahi you smacked it, Ya Raa3iyatanaa!! :haha:

Y'know, we used to do the same with the dawm.. ;D get a rock and bash the seed open innit!! :p ..hehee!

..Y'know I dunno whether this is true till today, but you see the fusfus/za3geh, the real small ones that they dye yellow somtimes ( :p ) is it true that yabuuluun fawqahaa wa yunjifuunahuu fish-shams! :? ..haha ;D sounds weird innit, but i dunno whether the person was being sarcastic about it or not.. I did'nt eat those ever again!! :X

-Shakirah-
11-21-2006, 05:59 PM
I'd say lettuce for me.........I'm sooooooooooooo addicted to it. I get the ready washed and prepared packs of iceburg lettuce, (sorry bout the details), and I can't even wait till we get home from the supermarket, I just gobble it once I'm past the check out!;D
I'm hooked!
Btw other then that I'm pretty civil so please change your expression!

Mawaddah
11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol Wallahi you smacked it, Ya Raa3iyatanaa!! :haha:

Y'know, we used to do the same with the dawm.. ;D get a rock and bash the seed open innit!! :p ..hehee!

..Y'know I dunno whether this is true till today, but you see the fusfus/za3geh, the real small ones that they dye yellow somtimes ( :p ) is it true that yabuuluun fawqahaa wa yunjifuunahuu fish-shams! :? ..haha ;D sounds weird innit, but i dunno whether the person was being sarcastic about it or not.. I did'nt eat those ever again!! :X
I'M SURE THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!

:offended: :offended: :offended: :offended:

Ya Allah..............But is that why they had that salty taste, but you could never see salt on it?????

Oh My......the things those Yemenis tell to us foreigners ;D ;D

But even if they did do that.....I guess it did'nt give us any medical side effects ey :p

amirah_87
11-21-2006, 06:21 PM
I'M SURE THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!

:offended: :offended: :offended: :offended:

Ya Allah..............But is that why they had that salty taste, but you could never see salt on it?????

Oh My......the things those Yemenis tell to us foreigners ;D ;D

But even if they did do that.....I guess it did'nt give us any medical side effects ey :p
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol they used tell Us so many fibs!! :rollseyes :embarrass

but what nearly made me " +o( " is how it's yellow and it's salty!!

I was like Khalaaaaaaas!! :uuh: :vomit:

Nawal89
11-23-2006, 02:39 AM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol they used tell Us so many fibs!! :rollseyes :embarrass

but what nearly made me " +o( " is how it's yellow and it's salty!!

I was like Khalaaaaaaas!! :uuh: :vomit:
i'm surprised that it stopped you from eating it.
and here was me thinking that you had a batn from hadeed.:okay:

Dhulqarnaeen
11-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Lol...what are you talking about guys? Fus fus and some weird food (or its not food but you ate it anyway :D ) that I never heard of it before ^o) . And you tried it all sis mawaddah? Tell me...is it food or is it just a plant? You shouldnt eat it right? Or maybe you should coook it or make it into something first before you eat it? Right?

Malaikah
11-23-2006, 06:40 AM
is it true that yabuuluun fawqahaa wa yunjifuunahuu fish-shams! :?

ok now im curious... what does that mean? :?

Nawal89
11-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Lol...what are you talking about guys? Fus fus and some weird food (or its not food but you ate it anyway :D ) that I never heard of it before ^o) . And you tried it all sis mawaddah? Tell me...is it food or is it just a plant? You shouldnt eat it right? Or maybe you should coook it or make it into something first before you eat it? Right?
fus fus is some kind of melon seeds, they're really small and yellow and saltty. Its just something to munch on. Over there they eat that insted of chips
ok now im curious... what does that mean?
Shes trying to solve the mystery why fus fus is salty adn yellow...it means...I heard they pee on them and dry them in the sun ;D;D;D

but i dont think thats tru :p

-Shakirah-
11-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Shes trying to solve the mystery why fus fus is salty adn yellow...it means...I heard they pee on them and dry them in the sun ;D;D;D

but i dont think thats tru :p[/QUOTE]

who's 'they?';D

amirah_87
11-23-2006, 01:35 PM
fus fus is some kind of melon seeds, they're really small and yellow and saltty. Its just something to munch on. Over there they eat that insted of chips

As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol Nawal, it kinda sums it up though, y'know how it's yellow and salty!! :D

who's 'they?
I dunnoo the people who make it guess!! :D

Mawaddah
11-23-2006, 03:11 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol Nawal, it kinda sums it up though, y'know how it's yellow and salty!! :D

I dunnoo the people who make it guess!! :D
STOP THAT!!!

My Dear beloved Badawi Yemeni boys would NOT do that :rant:

It's yellow because they put Hurud (turmeric) and it's salty because they wash it in salt water maybe ;D ;D

And Dhul.......those things that I used to munch on were the snacks of the Dammaji children :okay:
Isn't it better than all the chips and candy that the children in other parts of the world eat? :D
Children in Dammaj go all fresh, They eat weeds and grasshoppers!!!!

:lol: :lol:

However I didn't try the grasshoppers......the weeds are tasty enough ;D

amirah_87
11-23-2006, 03:20 PM
As salaamu Alaykum,

Hey okay leave my fellows villagers alone!! :cry:

that's enough!! ...they ain't bedawi either!! :mad:

Isn't it better than all the chips and candy that the children in other parts of the world eat? :D
Hmmm.. and you call them bedow!! :mmokay: atleast hum yatadaawwarruun ma3ad-dunyaa.. ;D

Hey Maw' you ever made khubz before in those huge big ovens? (at-tannuur) :D

syilla
11-24-2006, 01:43 AM

ohhhhhhhh you mean kuaci in malay....

i don't like kuaci...

my hubby loves them...and messed up the room with the skins ;D

Dhulqarnaeen
11-24-2006, 02:40 AM

Oooh thats called kwaci in Indonesia, and its salty right? But is kwaci made from melon seeds yee? ^o) But maybe it is. Its fun to eat it sometimes. Ooh I just like every food :embarrass

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 08:38 AM
kiwi (only the sweet ones :offended:) n mango

:statisfie

salamz

Malaikah
11-24-2006, 10:58 AM

I thought thats what it meant. +o( :offended:

For some reason I dont think thats true LOL. It weird enought that they are melon seeds. ^o)

I like fus fus btw (that name is HILARIOUS!! We dont call it that, we just call them seeds lol) ;D

kiwi (only the sweet ones )
Are there different types of kiwi? :? I only know of the green ones, they all taste the same.

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 11:00 AM

^ some of them can taste sour, and trust me it's not something u wanna experience :vomit: well.. more like +o(

ps: actually kibba nayyah is a fav of mine :D

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 11:02 AM
^ oops i meant kibbi neyyi :hiding:

Malaikah
11-24-2006, 11:05 AM

^I'm sure it is your fav lol.

btw arent all kiwis sour? :?

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 11:10 AM

^I'm sure it is your fav lol.

btw arent all kiwis sour? :?
no way... the sour ones are just... authu bilah.

there's types of kiwis i think... well the ones i like are really sweet n they got this pinapple sorta feel to it but kiwi taste :shade:

salamz

Malaikah
11-24-2006, 11:14 AM

I like the sour ones!! I've never even heard of sweet ones lol

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 11:17 AM

I like the sour ones!! I've never even heard of sweet ones lol
:offended:

i think u got taste perception problems. (tok useufl i guess :hiding:)

pm me teh taste of teh kiwi ur on about :uuh: im sure there's nto many sour kiwis out there :skeleton:

Malaikah
11-24-2006, 11:20 AM

But they all taste the same!! And the overall taste is sour! I've never heard of a sweet kiwi in my life!:rolleyes:

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 11:40 AM

But they all taste the same!! And the overall taste is sour! I've never heard of a sweet kiwi in my life!:rolleyes:
no it isn't!!! i think ur confusing sour with lemon sour!

lemon is sour... but kiwi has that sorta tinge like pineapple, but pineapple isn't sour... it's got this sharp but not sour feel

sour is just.... ya ilahi!

salamz

Dhulqarnaeen
11-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Kiwi in Indo is a name of a bird :D But we have kiwi fruits too...BUT kiwi here is sweet...if you go to Indo you will taste it sweet trust me. but as long as you mix it with sugar, insha Allah it will be sweet :vomit:

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Kiwi in Indo is a name of a bird :D But we have kiwi fruits too...BUT kiwi here is sweet...if you go to Indo you will taste it sweet trust me. but as long as you mix it with sugar, insha Allah it will be sweet :vomit:
c cheese, i told you! :rant:

syilla
11-25-2006, 08:48 AM
i've tried kiwi fruit from NZ...it is sweet hehe

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 08:53 AM
i've tried kiwi fruit from NZ...it is sweet hehe
good good :statisfie i almost got worried i was the one with taste problems :offended:

Mawaddah
11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey you get sour kiwi's too :D

I've tasted sweet kiwi's all the time though.

Cheese you sure that your 'cheesebuds' aren't getting a bit moldy? :giggling:

how can you have never tasted a sweet kiwi!! :eek:

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 10:53 AM

innit :D

amirah_87
11-25-2006, 10:57 AM
As salaamu Alaykum,

sweet kiwis sours kiwis.. what you guys on about? :? :?

do they look different from one another?

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 11:12 AM
As salaamu Alaykum,

sweet kiwis sours kiwis.. what you guys on about? :? :?

do they look different from one another?
i guess she thinks lemons are sour kiwis :X

amirah_87
11-25-2006, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
Wa Alaykum As Salaam,

:uuh: ...Lol

..My Favourite fruit (for now :D ) are : Pears!!

is anyone here allergic to fruits? .. :)

me and My eldest sis are both allergic to fresh (not tinned :mmokay: ) Pineapples!! :-\

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 11:26 AM

pinapples rock! but nothing can beat kiwi/mango i guess... they're the only 3 fruits that appeal 2me :offended:

apples too hard, pinapple can taste like carpet sometimes (can b nice on other occasions), bananas (not bad), orange (can b sourish), grapes (the seed annoys the hell out of me), plums (nice but messy :uuh:), peach (surface is like carpet).....

:hiding:

amirah_87
11-25-2006, 11:37 AM

pinapples rock! but nothing can beat kiwi/mango i guess... they're the only 3 fruits that appeal 2me :offended:

apples too hard, pinapple can taste like carpet sometimes (can b nice on other occasions), bananas (not bad), orange (can b sourish), grapes (the seed annoys the hell out of me), plums (nice but messy :uuh:), peach (surface is like carpet).....

As salaamu Alaykum,

Lol @ peach surface!!..mangoes sometimes annoy me.. they're too hairy, the hairs get stuck between my teeth! :mad:

Kiwis are alright, can't eat too much (get a reaction too!!:-\ )

.. have you ever cracked the mango's seed open!? :shade:

..and grapes; jus buy the seedless ones then innit!! ;D
I know some people who eat the grapes with the seed as whole.
they say it's the most nutrious part!! :uuh:

and Ooh yeah Lychees.. :wub:

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 11:49 AM
yuck at eating grape seeds, it's like loading ur stomach with pebbles :offended:

yeh but mango.. just too good 2 worry about the hairiness :statisfie also i luv mango juice.. the really thick one! that's so cool mashalah.

man this is making me feel sorry 4 our bros n sis's who dont hav nefn to eat in first place :cry: imagine they saw this discussion wat would they think of us
:embarrass

Mawaddah
11-25-2006, 11:51 AM
As salaamu Alaykum,

Lol @ peach surface!!..mangoes sometimes annoy me.. they're too hairy, the hairs get stuck between my teeth! :mad:

:lol: @ peach surface!! that's why you have to rub the hairy parts off innit!!" the Dammajis taught me that valuable lesson :okay:

And do you only get the hairy Mangoes there Princess? :uuh: Poor you, they have mangoes which aren't hairy too you know :giggling: I cracked the mango seed open and tried to taste the white thing in the middle but it's sappy :-\

I eat grapes with seeds as whole too, I crunch 'em right up :D

Pineapples, I like to sprinkle some salt on the fresh slices, delicious! :)

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 11:53 AM
As salaamu Alaykum,

:lol: @ peach surface!! that's why you have to rub the hairy parts off innit!!" the Dammajis taught me that valuable lesson :okay:

And do you only get the hairy Mangoes there Princess? :uuh: Poor you, they have mangoes which aren't hairy too you know :giggling: I cracked the mango seed open and tried to taste the white thing in the middle but it's sappy :-\

r u sis's like twins or sumfn lol

rub teh surface? doesnt that mean our "skin particles" get mixed up with it? :vomit:

amirah_87
11-25-2006, 11:56 AM
yuck at eating grape seeds, it's like loading ur stomach with pebbles :offended:

yeh but mango.. just too good 2 worry about the hairiness :statisfie also i luv mango juice.. the really thick one! that's so cool mashalah.

man this is making me feel sorry 4 our bros n sis's who dont hav nefn to eat in first place :cry: imagine they saw this discussion wat would they think of us
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Yeah that's true Akhee!! :-\

Lookit us *mimmicks: there too hairy they're too sour...* .. :heated:
they would'nt mind much hunh?

.. subhanAllah Wal-Hamdulillaah.

I feel so bad now!! :cry:

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 12:04 PM

Subhanallah so true! May Allah swt grant them awesome meals in Jannah!:(

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:07 PM
n make us fulfill our obligation2wards them ameen.

while we're thinkin about them.. worth pointin out, dat insahalh when we get means, it's more than thinking 'we cant do nefn coz they way far off'... it's actually our duty to look 4 em n help em.... imagine we where in some desert stranded without food... we would wish ppl could bother 2 look 4 us...

neway bak 2 topic... but lol honestly i think i'm leaving this thread.

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 12:10 PM

But its not like we are taking anything for granted is it? :-\ I mean, I know its sad and all that they are suffering but why should that mean we have to stop talking about food? :?

I hope I dont come across as cold hearted...imsad

syilla
11-25-2006, 01:27 PM
i never tried half of these food here in this thread...

won't i be considere as unfortunate.... :rolleyes:

if i am...then maybe some of you should post me some of the food :hiding:

Dhulqarnaeen
11-28-2006, 03:43 AM

:cry: I also never tasted sweet kiwis, I mean totally sweet kiwis. Cause all kiwis I have tried is seet but STILL have a sour taste in it. Do U mean you have tasted totally sweet kiwis?

Dhulqarnaeen
11-28-2006, 03:44 AM
Hahaha...youre funny bro.

Dhulqarnaeen
11-28-2006, 03:47 AM
Wa Alaykum As Salaam,

:uuh: ...Lol

..My Favourite fruit (for now :D ) are : Pears!!

is anyone here allergic to fruits? .. :)

me and My eldest sis are both allergic to fresh (not tinned :mmokay: ) Pineapples!! :-\
How can someone get alergic to fruits? Really? Wow masha Allah :rollseyes . Alhamdulillah I can eat whole fruits, I like pineaples but I eat it just sometimes. Are you sure you eat it without the skin sis? :rollseyes lol
Pears...mmm...I love the green ones, and also pears from China taste nice too

Dhulqarnaeen
11-28-2006, 03:59 AM
edit

Dhulqarnaeen
11-28-2006, 04:03 AM

Masha Allah we have all kinda mangoes here. And different names too. Theres Arummanis mangoes (arum manis means sweet and good smell), manalagi mangoes, gedong mangoes, indramayu mangoes, and their tastes different one another masha Allah. And of course they taste sweet.

Lolwatever said: :)
apples too hard (Do you still have milk teeth bro? :D (milk teeth=babys teeth) How can you say apples too hard? If I buy apple I choose the sweet and hard one, I reall hate it if theres apple thats not crunch), pinapple can taste like carpet sometimes (can b nice on other occasions) (Only pineaples which grow on the carpet though can be taste like carpet ;D But amazing right, "lolwatever have a carpet which taste like pineaple...just amazing! :happy: ), bananas (not bad) (Different kind too, lot of shape till the shortest one till the longest one, the smallest till the biggest, and its taste also different oneanother), orange (can b sourish) (Nice if you make sour oranges into juice....fresh), grapes (the seed annoys the hell out of me) (To me the seeds never disturb the great taste of it, btw rarely fruits without seeds right? But a lot of fruits now without seeds right. They create new kind of fruits without seeds, I dont know...maybe they nikah the fruits to have the best kind :D ), plums (nice but messy :uuh:) (Looks yummy right, but the taste is usual I think. But I like it too), peach (surface is like carpet).....(Did I ever taste peach yee? :rollseyes I think I have but I forget the taste)

Dhulqarnaeen
11-28-2006, 04:11 AM

I had hairy mangoes too sometimes, but I eat it anyway :D The hairs doesnt bother me much. But most of mangoes not hairy I think :)
And It never cross my mind to crack the magoes seed open :rollseyes :D what for? :uuh:
Is it really healthy to eat grapes with the seeds? If it is I will eat it too :D But surely it will disturb the taste of the grapes I think :rollseyes
Ooh yes, we have a lot of people do taht too here sis Maw, like they add sugar salt to sour mangoes and they said its taste good. But I like to add sugar to sour mangoes, I just cant imagine if I add salt to somehting taht sour already...isnt it worse? But they like it :heated: Same like you lah right sis, you add salt to pineaples? :? I should try it later, is it right what you said :uhwhat Awas kalau tak delicious yee!! :rant:

Dhulqarnaeen
11-28-2006, 04:24 AM
n make us fulfill our obligation2wards them ameen.

while we're thinkin about them.. worth pointin out, dat insahalh when we get means, it's more than thinking 'we cant do nefn coz they way far off'... it's actually our duty to look 4 em n help em.... imagine we where in some desert stranded without food... we would wish ppl could bother 2 look 4 us...

Guys...have you pay attention to the fruits that you eat. Just I take one examples, I have fruits called "rambutan" here. (maybe sis maw can paste the pic :D please) And whenever I eat it, I use to look deep to the fruits. Its so so amazing Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala created His creatures for uman to eat. The look, the taste, and the function just so so amazing. Allahu Akbar. And also when I look at oranges, the shape of it, the shape of the fibrous part in it, the colour, the taste, and then I imagine theres also oranges in heaven, yaa Allah....its all just making us realize the great creation of Allah, and it can make us more gratefull as a slave. And then look at lyches (rambutan looklike lyches but rambutan have hair on the skin), and durian with the thorns, and still many other fruits that we might be never seen before, Allahu Akbar. And thats why Allah Azza wa jalla mention in Quran that He ask us to use our brain, to see His creation so we can build our iman greater to Him. And I just think we talk about fruits here just another part of building our iman and it will add nothing except increasing our gratefull to Allah azza wa jalla. :)

And yes, there are a lot of our bros and sis who are hungry, and we pray for them and we feel sorry for them. But its still ok if we talk about fruits isnt it? Can it make it haram to talk about fruits? Noo right. And life still goes on, just we pray and hope they can have brighter and better future. And of course its our duty to help them as we can. I dont mean to be a cold hearted, but I think theres no relation if we talk about fruits (as one of the shape of our gratefull to Allah ) with their condition. I just love to help them in reality and not just feel sorry only. INsha Allah, may Allah make us to be a muslim that can give a lot to society of muslims, amin

*Mariposa*
11-28-2006, 05:38 AM
Strawberries, carrot salad and apples

Dhulqarnaeen
12-12-2006, 06:46 AM
How big strawberies that you have guys?
In here srawberries rarely big one. And I never find sweet strawberries :uhwhat

syilla
12-12-2006, 06:53 AM
How big strawberies that you have guys?
In here srawberries rarely big one. And I never find sweet strawberries :uhwhat

sweet strawberries are found only at the farm itself. Only fresh strawberries are sweet. and of course when they are really ripe.

It will become sour...after a few hours.

Mawaddah
12-12-2006, 01:59 PM
^ really Akak? I have mostly had bad experiences with strawberries in the Bahamas too :-\

But yesterday I had some really really sweet ones.....and they were small little cute strawberries....I felt almost sorry to eat them because they were so cute :giggling:

Dhulqarnaeen
12-13-2006, 08:25 AM
^ really Akak? I have mostly had bad experiences with strawberries in the Bahamas too :-\

But yesterday I had some really really sweet ones.....and they were small little cute strawberries....I felt almost sorry to eat them because they were so cute :giggling:
Ooh yes Subhanallah, strawberries just toooooooooo cute to eat right :D If I pay attention really close, Im just like in wonder land f i have these strawberries. :okay: Ooh I remember someone if talking about styrawberries :cry:
But i never taste sweet strawberries :hiding: Can you send those little straw to me sis Maw?!? :D

-Shakirah-
12-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Ooh yes Subhanallah, strawberries just toooooooooo cute to eat right :D If I pay attention really close, Im just like in wonder land f i have these strawberries. :okay: Ooh I remember someone if talking about styrawberries :cry:
But i never taste sweet strawberries :hiding: Can you send those little straw to me sis Maw?!? :D

Where do you live brother?

syilla
12-13-2006, 11:27 AM
^^^^he lives in indonesia

-Shakirah-
12-13-2006, 11:29 AM
^^^^he lives in indonesia

do they not have strawberries there?

starfortress
12-13-2006, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Shakirah-
do they not have strawberries there?
They have everything,maybe almost:rollseyes ,just look at the thousands of island in Indon.I was like the Durian(The L.P.G odorant fruit)very much,after got a very bad fever,i even cannot to smell it,my current top 3 are Starfruit,Cempedak and Mangosteen....and my carnivor favourite is Grilled Stingray

p/s-The ranking will change frequently,to match with time,geography,environment and climates;D

-Shakirah-
12-13-2006, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
They have everything,maybe almost:rollseyes ,just look at the thousands of island in Indon.I was like the Durian(The L.P.G odorant fruit)very much,after got a very bad fever,i even cannot to smell it,my current top 3 are Starfruit,Cempedak and Mangosteen....and my carnivor favourite is Grilled Stingray

p/s-The ranking will change frequently,to match with time,geography,environment and climates;D
Yeah i was wondering the same....

Mawaddah
12-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Ooh yes Subhanallah, strawberries just toooooooooo cute to eat right :D If I pay attention really close, Im just like in wonder land f i have these strawberries. :okay: Ooh I remember someone if talking about styrawberries :cry: But i never taste sweet strawberries :hiding: Can you send those little straw to me sis Maw?!? :D
Really? How weird.....because talking of strawberries remind me of someone I knew lol. They always used to beg me for strawberries but whenever they asked for some I never used to have any to give......Makes me sad when I think of itimsad

starfortress
12-14-2006, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Shakirah-
Yeah i was wondering the same....
Do you know cempedak?:playing:

Dhulqarnaeen
12-14-2006, 03:11 AM

Yes Subhanallah, we have every fruits, local and import :D . But I was just telling that I never feel 100% sweet strawberries, strawberies here just 50%sour and 50% sweet :D . I want at least 85% sweet lah jike ada :D .
Ooh WOW...Im going hajj next week insha Allah right, and my mother bought oleh-oleh (what you call it in english yee? Souvenirs? :? ) already :D . So we bought dates, arabian nuts, kismis, tikar solat, etc. And I saw this HUGE dates :uuh: I was like "Woooooowwwww...finally I find this date!!" :D . Cause you see....when Syaikh As Sudais came to Indonesia, I met him in Hilton Hotel, and he had these kinda dates on the table, huge chocolate colour dates :uuh: It looked so yummy. He offered us but I was toooooo shy to take it imsad Although I wanted it so much :D Maluu lah. And then I asked about it to the shopkeeper, what kinda dates that I saw in syaiks room, and she said "Dates majedol", I was like "why the name so ugly for an outstanding dates?" :rollseyes
I wantes to taste it, but its too expensive and I forgot to bring my wallet along :heated: Beter try to find it in Saudi later insha Allah.

Mawaddah
12-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Yes Subhanallah, we have every fruits, local and import :D . But I was just telling that I never feel 100% sweet strawberries, strawberies here just 50%sour and 50% sweet :D . I want at least 85% sweet lah jike ada :D .
Ooh WOW...Im going hajj next week insha Allah right, and my mother bought oleh-oleh (what you call it in english yee? Souvenirs? :? ) already :D . So we bought dates, arabian nuts, kismis, tikar solat, etc. And I saw this HUGE dates :uuh: I was like "Woooooowwwww...finally I find this date!!" :D . Cause you see....when Syaikh As Sudais came to Indonesia, I met him in Hilton Hotel, and he had these kinda dates on the table, huge chocolate colour dates :uuh: It looked so yummy. He offered us but I was toooooo shy to take it imsad Although I wanted it so much :D Maluu lah. And then I asked about it to the shopkeeper, what kinda dates that I saw in syaiks room, and she said "Dates majedol", I was like "why the name so ugly for an outstanding dates?" :rollseyes
I wantes to taste it, but its too expensive and I forgot to bring my wallet along :heated: Beter try to find it in Saudi later insha Allah.
Hajj Mabrur insha'allah Akhi

New_Muslim
12-21-2006, 06:09 AM
mangos and salads are great. and cherries

Skillganon
12-21-2006, 06:10 AM
I like mangos.

starfortress
12-21-2006, 06:45 AM

How about Mangosteen:D

syilla
12-21-2006, 06:51 AM

How about Mangosteen:D
you should post the pics...

i'm sure they never seen one :D

north_malaysian
12-21-2006, 06:56 AM
tomato sandwiches... only the bread and slices of tomatoes... yummy

starfortress
12-21-2006, 06:58 AM
you should post the pics...

i'm sure they never seen one :D
Yep,here the Mangosteen fruits

Nawal89
12-22-2006, 03:01 PM
^ I love mangosteen so much.
My uncle used to bring buckets of them home from his plantation. I used to stuff myself on them :p

starfortress
12-22-2006, 03:26 PM
^ I love mangosteen so much.
My uncle used to bring buckets of them home from his plantation. I used to stuff myself on them :p
huh,it's likely you live in Malaysia/Indonesia/Brunei,maybe Brazil lol.:D i guess not many of us knows Mangoteens.

Maarya
12-22-2006, 03:33 PM
salam
i luv most fresh food, actually, i dnt think theres anything i dnt like except sprouts, avacardo pears, and thats about it.

Nawal89
12-22-2006, 03:46 PM
huh,it's likely you live in Malaysia/Indonesia/Brunei,maybe Brazil lol.:D i guess not many of us knows Mangoteens.
Lol my mom is malaysian so we go there for visits. But its true alot of people dont know about it :giggling:

Asyur an-Nagi
12-22-2006, 04:15 PM
what do you call it? manggis:?

starfortress
12-22-2006, 04:29 PM
what do you call it? manggis:?
Yes we call it manggis.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.