PDA

View Full Version : Saddam to hang



AvarAllahNoor
11-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Saddam Hussein is sentenced to death by hanging for crimes against humanity.

The ousted president, visibly shaken, shouted out "Allahu Akbar!" (God is Greatest) and "Long live the nation!"

Four guards took him away with his hands held behind him after the sentence was read.

Saddam Hussein's half-brother, Barzan Ibrahim, has also been sentenced to death by hanging.

Earlier the Iraqi court cleared Baath Party official Mohammed Azzawi Ali of involvement in the execution of 148 Shiite villagers.

Chief Judge Raouf Adbul-Rahman called for defendant Azzawi to be brought into court first.

He was a Baath Party official in Dujail and is one of the lesser-known defendants.

The order in which the defendants were being called indicated Saddam would be last.

The chief judge also ordered former US Attorney-General Ramsey Clark expelled from verdict session.

Crowds gathered in the afternoon in the Sadr City district of east Baghdad outside the offices of one of Saddam's most implacable foes, radical Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.

They demanded Saddam's execution, and while the rest of Baghdad was locked down by a total curfew, the Shi'ite population of Sadr City went about their business as normal in an area controlled by Sadr's Mahdi Army militia.

Meanwhile, 260 kilometres north of the capital in the Sunni town of Dawr, near Saddam's hometown of Tikrit, the mood was completely different.
According to a spokesman for the local joint security coordination centre, scores of Sunni demonstrators gathered to demand that Saddam be exonerated.

"They chanted 'With our blood, with our souls we redeem you Saddam'," said police spokesman Hamed el-Duri.

During his 24-year reign of terror, Saddam favoured his Sunni minority for top government jobs and persecuted the Shiite majority and the Kurds.
More than three and a half years after the president was deposed in a US-led invasion, the country is more violent and divided than ever, and today's verdict is expected to increase tensions.

"Saddam lived a hero and will die as a hero. The court was set up by his rivals, who became the judges in it. It is a historical farce," said Sheik Al-Nadawi, head of the Baigat group of tribes to which Saddam belongs.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...661539031.html


Your views??
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
11-05-2006, 10:56 AM
BBC said, he had a 'smile' on his face.

I can't believe he is gonna be hanged.
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
11-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
BBC said, he had a 'smile' on his face.

I can't believe he is gonna be hanged.
Wasn't he responible for fellow muslims deaths? or does tht not matter because they belonged to another sect of islam?
Reply

Far7an
11-05-2006, 11:00 AM
May Allaah make the lifes easier for the people of Iraq.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
AvarAllahNoor
11-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Far7an
May Allaah make the lifes easier for the people of Iraq.
I too pray for that
Reply

Umar001
11-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Peace be upon those who follow guidance,

Thank you for your original post, it was nice. :)

Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Wasn't he responible for fellow muslims deaths? or does tht not matter because they belonged to another sect of islam?
I feel you have misunderstood me, I am not saying 'I cant believe it' as though I want this man to be alive or anything.

I think he was from the sources I have read.

Anyhow, the reason I said it, was not because of whether I liked him or not, the reason I said it, was because since I was a kid, I can remember seeing him, in an authorative state, on the news and so forth, right upto now, shouting and arguing in court, to me, it felt hard to believe that this man was on trial and could be put to death, for the simple fact that he has remained so steadfast in his resistance.

That is why I found it hard to believe, thats all. :)
Reply

amirah_87
11-05-2006, 11:48 AM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

SubhanAllah Pretty Shocking! :-\

But of all things, why did they choose to "hang" him?

Saddam Hussein is sentenced to death by hanging for crimes against humanity
I wonder if they'll ever do this to Bush? :rollseyes :rollseyes
Reply

salam92uk
11-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Saddam Hussein is sentenced to death by hanging for crimes against humanity

This isn't shocking to me. I always assumed they will hang him anyway regardless of his crimes. Don't forget it was the British/Americans who armed him to carry out the "crimes against humanity". Now they are one's who are indirectly hanging him.

Iraq is in a mess at the moment because of illegal occupation. The Americans and the British are happy they will use saddam's death charge as pretext to suck more oil from Iraq, etc.

I pray to Allah (SWT) to improve the situation of the people of Iraq and the ummah of our prophet Muhammad (SAW).
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
11-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Peace be upon those who follow guidance,

Thank you for your original post, it was nice. :)



I feel you have misunderstood me, I am not saying 'I cant believe it' as though I want this man to be alive or anything.

I think he was from the sources I have read.

Anyhow, the reason I said it, was not because of whether I liked him or not, the reason I said it, was because since I was a kid, I can remember seeing him, in an authorative state, on the news and so forth, right upto now, shouting and arguing in court, to me, it felt hard to believe that this man was on trial and could be put to death, for the simple fact that he has remained so steadfast in his resistance.

That is why I found it hard to believe, thats all. :)
Oh sorry :)

Isn't it ironic that rumsfield all knew of his crimes when he was 'friends' with the americans, but they did nothing to intervene. But they now sit in the white house acting all high and mighty, dishing out 'democracy' (refer to elections 2000 - 2004 fraud)
that they themselves don't have in the USA. to oil based countries.
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
11-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by salam92uk
Quote:
Saddam Hussein is sentenced to death by hanging for crimes against humanity

This isn't shocking to me. I always assumed they will hang him anyway regardless of his crimes. Don't forget it was the British/Americans who armed him to carry out the "crimes against humanity". Now they are one's who are indirectly hanging him.

Iraq is in a mess at the moment because of illegal occupation. The Americans and the British are happy they will use saddam's death charge as pretext to suck more oil from Iraq, etc.

I pray to Allah (SWT) to improve the situation of the people of Iraq and the ummah of our prophet Muhammad (SAW).
I hate to say this, but the situation will only get much worse before it gets better!
Reply

Mezier
11-05-2006, 12:42 PM
:sl:

As a kurd, and a muslim. I cant help but to say he deserves it (should I say I'm also happy?). He is a murder and a rapist. Both are punishable by death.

I believe they chose to hang him because it is considered humiliation.

:w:
Reply

abdi287
11-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I am not saying that Saddam was right in killing so many people, but I find it so hypocritical that America want him to die for crimes against humanity when they have been the instigators of even worse crimes in Iraq.
Reply

Salmaan
11-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
I wonder if they'll ever do this to Bush? :rollseyes :rollseyes
LOL :D.....insha'Allah some day :)
Reply

strider
11-05-2006, 01:28 PM
It's a shame people can't die twice.
Reply

afriend
11-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Well, I guess most of us saw it coming then eh?

War crimes has a big meaning to it. Behind the mist of double standards and corrupt media, many of our world leaders today are all equally as guilty as Saddam for war crimes and crimes against humanity.
Reply

The Ruler
11-05-2006, 01:52 PM
:sl:

hmmm interesting....i knew it was coming someday...i mean what's the point keeping him in proson anyway...thy aint going to let him free so they might as well hang him...:heated:...but i dont know...since i actually expected it, i dont really feel anything :hmm:...its like...blank

:w:
Reply

Muezzin
11-05-2006, 02:41 PM
I wonder if they'll televise it. If they do, it will be one hell of a ratings-puller, that's for sure.

And to take an even more cynical slant, funny that he was sentenced three days before the elections, eh?
Reply

AbdulHassanAmir
11-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Wasn't he responible for fellow muslims deaths? or does tht not matter because they belonged to another sect of islam?
He was, but because they were demanding a WHOLE nother state seperate from Iraq, and since the kuwait conflict...you know what happened. Also, he was responsible for educational reforms in Iraq and was rewarded an literacy award from a world wide education program. What happened to him was a true crime. Sure he was a dictator and madae mistakes, such as the Iran-Iraq war. But calling him the next hitler? He's so ignorantly portrayed in American media, people actually making fun of him and boasting about his death. He deserved a life sentence not a hanging. If Iraqis actually want justice, they should turn to the US whom supplied him with weapons in the first place.
Reply

Woodrow
11-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
I wonder if they'll televise it. If they do, it will be one hell of a ratings-puller, that's for sure.

And to take an even more cynical slant, funny that he was sentenced three days before the elections, eh?
True it is 3 days before election time. But this is not a major election year. Voter turnout will be low in most States that are not having a Guberantoral election and we will see little changes in Washington except for a few new Senators. There seems to be only one election that will be news worthy and that is the Senatorial race where a Muslim is running.
Reply

Bittersteel
11-05-2006, 04:58 PM
the guy was secular.No that's not the reason I hate him.He forced two men to divorce their wives so he can marry those women.Killed his own son-in-law.
Reply

Ninth_Scribe
11-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
I hate to say this, but the situation will only get much worse before it gets better!
Agreed.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Bush isn't any less deserving of it. Saddam deserves life sentence not death. Its true, he betrayed the people of Iraq, but the US was not neutral from it. If they cared so much about the people of Iraq, why give Saddam the weapons in the first place? Hypocrisy? Duh!
Reply

Hijaabi22
11-05-2006, 07:45 PM
i feeeeeeeeeeel for da guy man, seriously he shudnt be hanged, hes sentenced to death for things he did YEEEEEEEARS ago
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-05-2006, 07:47 PM
If Saddam is going to be hanged for killing innocents, then u might as well add more people to the list. He isnt the only one. Bush just tops the list.
Reply

Ninth_Scribe
11-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tayyaba
If they cared so much about the people of Iraq, why give Saddam the weapons in the first place? Hypocrisy? Duh!
Oooooh! Wait a hold a minute... did I just read that right? Are you saying Saddam got those weapons from... the U.S.???

Can you hook me up with a link or two?

Ninth Scribe
Reply

Hijaabi22
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tayyaba
If Saddam is going to be hanged for killing innocents, then u might as well add more people to the list. He isnt the only one. Bush just tops the list.
2 ryt!
Reply

Daffodil
11-05-2006, 07:59 PM
kill! kill! kill!

they shud have killed him ages ago along with the two bum chums who supplied him with weapons, u all know who im talking about!
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-05-2006, 08:01 PM
who sis? =D
Reply

Hijaabi22
11-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Daffodil
kill! kill! kill!
dats a bit harsh init, i fel sorry 4 him :(
Reply

strider
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Why do you feel sorry for a mass murderer, sis?
Reply

AbdulHassanAmir
11-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Oooooh! Wait a hold a minute... did I just read that right? Are you saying Saddam got those weapons from... the U.S.???

Can you hook me up with a link or two?

Ninth Scribe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Ir...s.2FTechnology

"During the early years of the war, Iraq's arsenal was almost entirely american made."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Ir...s.2FTechnology

"Victims of Iraq's poison gas attack on the Kurdish town of Halabja in Iraq. Iraq dropped the poison gas during the Iran-Iraq war in 1988. Then held by Iranian troops and Iraqi Kurdish guerrillas allied with Tehran.[34] According to Iraq's report to the UN, the know-how and material for developing chemical weapons were obtained from firms in such countries as: the United States, West Germany, the United Kingdom, France and the People's Republic of China.[35]"
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Jazak Allah Khair...lol
Reply

Mezier
11-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Would you feel sorry for anyone that raped your sister or killed your dad?
I dont think so

So would you feel sorry for Saddam when he did that (and ordered others to do the same thing) to other people?

Yea there are a lot more people out there who deserve capital punishment. But we are talking about Saddam. He will be hanged in Iraq, by the Iraqis...(and do i dare say) for the Iraqis.

My personal preference would of been to hand him and his entire family over to the Kurds.

:w:
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Who's hanging him, the US or the people in Iraq? Better be the people in Iraq.
Reply

strider
11-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Who's hanging him, the US or the people in Iraq? Better be the people in Iraq.
Yes, it is. The trial took place in Iraq.
Reply

Woodrow
11-05-2006, 10:46 PM
It is my understanding it is an Iraqi court. To be honest if tried in a US court I do not believe he would have faced any capital offense charges for crimes committed in the US. I doubt very much that of any charges against the US he may have been found guilty of, that a jury would agree to the death penalty.

He also would have had a good chance of a dismissal on the grounds of insufficient evidence for any crimes he was accused of.
Reply

strider
11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Somehow i doubt that very much. He was a guilty man even before he stepped into the courtroom. If ever the media conducted a trial, this was it.
Reply

Woodrow
11-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by strider
Somehow i doubt that very much. He was a guilty man even before he stepped into the courtroom. If ever the media conducted a trial, this was it.
I stated if he was tried in a US court. Any crimes committed against the People of Iraq would have not been admissable as they were not crimes committed in the US.

True an international court probably would have had the same out come as the Iraqi court.
Reply

Joe98
11-05-2006, 10:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Ir...s.2FTechnology


Iran

During the early years of the war, Iran's arsenal was almost entirely American made......

Originally Posted by salam92uk
……it was the British/Americans who armed him to carry out the "crimes against humanity".

Saddam used Soviet tanks, Soviet trucks, Soviet rifles, Soviet machine guns, Soviet artillery, Soviet mortars.

Perhaps you can find for us a weapon of Saddam’s supplied by the UK or the US!
Reply

AbdulHassanAmir
11-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Joe98
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Ir...s.2FTechnology


Iran

During the early years of the war, Iran's arsenal was almost entirely American made......




Saddam used Soviet tanks, Soviet trucks, Soviet rifles, Soviet machine guns, Soviet artillery, Soviet mortars.

Perhaps you can find for us a weapon of Saddam’s supplied by the UK or the US!
My mistake I suppose, I couldve sworn that said Iraq.

Anyway, the US supplised iraq 200 millions worth in helicopters and poison gas

"According to the Washington Post, the CIA began in 1984 secretly to give Iraq intelligence that Iraq used to "calibrate" its mustard gas attacks on Iranian troops. In August, the CIA establishes a direct Washington-Baghdad intelligence link, and for 18 months, starting in early 1985, the CIA provided Iraq with "data from sensitive U.S. "

Same article.
Reply

Malaikah
11-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by strider
It's a shame people can't die twice.
:sl:

Thats what hell is for. :rollseyes
Reply

Abdul-Raouf
11-06-2006, 01:02 AM
How about Bush????

Bush was responsible for killing........ 6,55,000 people in Iraq.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-06-2006, 01:22 AM
Thats why I said Saddaam isnt the only one and Bush just tops the list..
Reply

Umar001
11-06-2006, 03:15 AM
Am confused I heard in the news when they interviewed a guy that the thing was illegal, since an occupying force changed the laws of the place or something, so the trial was illegal and this guy seemed to dislike sadam nehow.
Reply

Grace Seeker
11-06-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by abdi287
I am not saying that Saddam was right in killing so many people, but I find it so hypocritical that America want him to die for crimes against humanity when they have been the instigators of even worse crimes in Iraq.
It was wrong to invade Iraq for the reasons they did. But one has to go a long way to say that either the Americans or the British have been instigators of even worse crimes than Saddam.
Reply

thirdwatch512
11-06-2006, 03:39 AM
i am so glad saddam is no longer the president, and i am so glad that he is in jail.. however, to be killed.. that's just terrible. no one deserves to die, even if they are horrible guys like him.
Reply

Grace Seeker
11-06-2006, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by Muzammil
How about Bush????

Bush was responsible for killing........ 6,55,000 people in Iraq.
Isn't that figure supposed to be the total number of all deaths in Iraq over the last 3 years of the war. Many of these were the results of suicide bombers and death squads. Blame Bush for those people that he calls "collateral damage". But do not blame the Americans for what others who have infilitrated the country are doing.
Reply

AbdulHassanAmir
11-06-2006, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Isn't that figure supposed to be the total number of all deaths in Iraq over the last 3 years of the war. Many of these were the results of suicide bombers and death squads. Blame Bush for those people that he calls "collateral damage". But do not blame the Americans for what others who have infilitrated the country are doing.
If it werent for americans, no one would have infiltrated the country...simple as that.
Reply

Grace Seeker
11-06-2006, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by AbdulHassanAmir
If it werent for americans, no one would have infiltrated the country...simple as that.

Well, then you might as well blame America for ALL the evils of the world because Americans are everywhere. But if object to every McDonalds that shows up and every Coca-Cola that is sold you sound more like Al-Qaeda than a true Muslim.
Reply

north_malaysian
11-06-2006, 04:24 AM
He deserved to die!!!

How about people like Robert Mugabe?
Reply

thirdwatch512
11-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by north_malaysian
He deserved to die!!!
as muh as i HATE saddam hussein, and as happy as i am that he is in jail, i cried to hear that they were going to HANG him.. yes, he was bad, but what does killing teach? that's so sad.
Reply

Mezier
11-06-2006, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
as muh as i HATE saddam hussein, and as happy as i am that he is in jail, i cried to hear that they were going to HANG him.. yes, he was bad, but what does killing teach? that's so sad.
Killing doesnt teach anything. But this is more than simply "killing" him. Its a form of punishment. He caused villainy in the land. Hanging should be quick, maybe within a minute. I'm sure it will be horrible for him, but compared to what he's done....its nothing.

What does this teach us? Dont murder, dont rape, dont steal....and you shouldn't have anything to fear. However, if you're a bad person who has done awful things to others, then you deserve anything that comes your way.
Reply

north_malaysian
11-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
as muh as i HATE saddam hussein, and as happy as i am that he is in jail, i cried to hear that they were going to HANG him.. yes, he was bad, but what does killing teach? that's so sad.
I'm hoping that he repent to all his deeds (the evil ones) and do many merits and plead guilty and pleased to be hanged.....

If he did so... Allah might give mercy on him and grant him heaven...
Reply

imaad_udeen
11-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Hanging is the traditional means of execution in Iraq.
Reply

north_malaysian
11-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
Hanging is the traditional means of execution in Iraq.
But he used biological weapon to kill others...
Reply

muslimaprincess
11-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Assalamualikum...By hanging the guy what makes us any diiffrent from him???
Surely the virdict should be overturned.
Reply

GARY
11-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by muslimaprincess
Assalamualikum...By hanging the guy what makes us any diiffrent from him???
Surely the virdict should be overturned.
The difference is that Saddam executed innocent people.
Reply

justahumane
11-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mezier
Killing doesnt teach anything. But this is more than simply "killing" him. Its a form of punishment. He caused villainy in the land. Hanging should be quick, maybe within a minute. I'm sure it will be horrible for him, but compared to what he's done....its nothing.

What does this teach us? Dont murder, dont rape, dont steal....and you shouldn't have anything to fear. However, if you're a bad person who has done awful things to others, then you deserve anything that comes your way.
I oppose death sentence. Dont U feel that keeping him isloated in jail will be a bigger punishment for him than killing him?

If I were the judge, I would have punished him jail term till his last breath, so that he can live every moment of it and realize what he has done and lost.

And ALLAH knows best.
Reply

AHMED_GUREY
11-06-2006, 01:51 PM
why did they all get shooked up when the Taliban stoned rapists? when dictator's are excuted in a ancient style as well under the supervision of the West
Reply

Muezzin
11-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by justahumane
I oppose death sentence. Dont U feel that keeping him isloated in jail will be a bigger punishment for him than killing him?

If I were the judge, I would have punished him jail term till his last breath, so that he can live every moment of it and realize what he has done and lost.

And ALLAH knows best.
Yeah, but taxpayers have to fund that. Me, I'd just execute the genocidal sucker. Generally I'm opposed to the death sentence, but in exceptional cases (e.g. genocide), I condone it.
Reply

Umar001
11-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Am still confused.
Reply

Woodrow
11-06-2006, 02:00 PM
What makes me sad about him hanging is that there are people who will take pleasure in his hanging. The hanging will do as much damage to them as it does to Saddam. It is as if Saddam will have the last laugh. Changing the innocence of people into a desire to kill.

In my opinion that gives Saddam a certain amount of victory. The transformation of others into people who take joy in revenge.

The death penalty needs to be done with caution and only for justification. If it causes a feeling of revenge, it is misused and has backfired. There should be no joy or feeling of revenge when a person is executed.
Reply

Umar001
11-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
In my opinion that gives Saddam a certain amount of victory.
But Imagine that he just got to live in prison, then people would argue that he aint going through something like what the others went through, to me it seems a no win situation.
Reply

justahumane
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Yeah, but taxpayers have to fund that. Me, I'd just execute the genocidal sucker. Generally I'm opposed to the death sentence, but in exceptional cases (e.g. genocide), I condone it.
But for me thats an easy punishment, and easy way out for him from the punishment he really deserves.

And why should taxpayers fund that? He should himself work hard to earn his bread. There must be so many jobs for him in jail too, like cleaning, cooking, and washing filth of his co-prisnors.
Reply

stannis
11-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Saddam killed thousands of people with his oppressive Baathist state. He should hang - it is a milder fate than being gassed like the Kurds of Halabja.

Before you ask, I was against the invasion of Iraq. It resulted in easily as many deaths as Saddam himself caused.
Reply

Umar001
11-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Surely, I mean some people would think, that he should be forgiven.
Reply

Woodrow
11-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Surely, I mean some people would think, that he should be forgiven.
Apparantly the people from his village see him as a hero. Yes, there are those who will believe he should be forgiven. If he is truly repentent of his crimes I too feel he should be forgivesn but that does not mean he should escape punishment.

I believe his earthly punishment is just, but I do not like the idea that it will cause joy to some people. I do not believe it should be a cause of celebration and a spectacle. I fear that the hanging is going to become a show and not payment for a crime.

Perhaps the best way would for him to be permitted to live, in disgrace and as a coward too evil and too worthless to face the honor of death.
Reply

stannis
11-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I agree that his execution should not be celebrated. It is disgusting to take pleasure in other's deaths, no matter how deserved.
Reply

Keltoi
11-06-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm starting to wonder whether this hanging will even take place. I can see a scenario where Saddam's lawyers manage to appeal the verdict for about 20 years until Saddam dies in prison with a bag of Doritos on his lap.
Reply

stannis
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Well said Keltoi, that very well may be what happens.
Reply

Grace Seeker
11-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
What makes me sad about him hanging is that there are people who will take pleasure in his hanging. The hanging will do as much damage to them as it does to Saddam. It is as if Saddam will have the last laugh. Changing the innocence of people into a desire to kill.

In my opinion that gives Saddam a certain amount of victory. The transformation of others into people who take joy in revenge.

The death penalty needs to be done with caution and only for justification. If it causes a feeling of revenge, it is misused and has backfired. There should be no joy or feeling of revenge when a person is executed.

You know I agree with your views toward Saddam and would apply them to all capital punishments. But in this case, I guess it is for the people of Iraq to decide. And Allah to judge them, not me.
Reply

SirZubair
11-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Anyone on here, who has better google-searchin' skills than I, could you please search for an aritlce titled : Justice And Hypocrisy by Robert Fisk and post it on here? It's not an old article, less than 24 hours i believe.

Wa'salaam

_Zubair
Reply

SirZubair
11-06-2006, 05:43 PM
In my opinion, he should not be hung.

He should be locked up, behind bars, instead.

If he is hung, it is an easy escape.

If he is put behind bars, that is real torture.

And who knows, while he is in there, he might even repent and beg forgivness from those whose family and friends he has hur.

Kheir.

Reply

aamirsaab
11-06-2006, 05:50 PM
:sl:
Originally Posted by Keltoi
I'm starting to wonder whether this hanging will even take place. I can see a scenario where Saddam's lawyers manage to appeal the verdict for about 20 years until Saddam dies in prison with a bag of Doritos on his lap.
I doubt that, seeing as at least half of his defence team, whilst on trial, were assasinated. The reality would most likely be the assasin(s) would end up taking out Saddam.
Reply

strider
11-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Never fear, all is not lost. If he doesn't get his comeuppance in this world, he will not be able to escape God's justice in the Hereafter.
Reply

Aisha20
11-06-2006, 06:10 PM
May Allaah make the lifes easier for the people of Iraq.
ameen

If Saddam is going to be hanged for killing innocents, then u might as well add more people to the list. He isnt the only one. Bush just tops the list.
vry true
Reply

MTAFFI
11-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by AbdulHassanAmir
He was, but because they were demanding a WHOLE nother state seperate from Iraq, and since the kuwait conflict...you know what happened. Also, he was responsible for educational reforms in Iraq and was rewarded an literacy award from a world wide education program. What happened to him was a true crime. Sure he was a dictator and madae mistakes, such as the Iran-Iraq war. But calling him the next hitler? He's so ignorantly portrayed in American media, people actually making fun of him and boasting about his death. He deserved a life sentence not a hanging. If Iraqis actually want justice, they should turn to the US whom supplied him with weapons in the first place.
what weapons did the US supply him?
Reply

MTAFFI
11-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tayyaba
If Saddam is going to be hanged for killing innocents, then u might as well add more people to the list. He isnt the only one. Bush just tops the list.
Bush never authorized the extermination of an entire people though either
Reply

MTAFFI
11-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Muzammil
How about Bush????

Bush was responsible for killing........ 6,55,000 people in Iraq.
when? and where was i when he did this?
Reply

Fishman
11-06-2006, 09:24 PM
:sl:
Saddam was a cruel genocidal dictator. People like him deserve to die, just like Hitler's friends did. The punishment for murder in Islamic law is death, which for people like him is certainly just.
He is also secularist, BTW, so the people who blame Islam for Saddam's actions are very wrong indeed.
:w:
Reply

MTAFFI
11-06-2006, 09:27 PM
i have read most of the reply on this thread and i notice alot of people are saying why Kill him? and talking about how it isnt right, some of these people i have also noticed maybe not in this thread, but in others have also talked about backing the insurgency and how it is ok to die for what you believe in. How come it is alright for the insurgency and this dictator to kill other at their will but when it comes to be their time it is a shame. This man was a horrible killer and deserves every milli second of his death at the gallows. I for one am happy to see this merciless killer die and burn in hell. This is a great milestone for Iraq.;D

Also i read a lot of people saying america supplyed him with weapons and i feel that should be clarified. We supplied Iran with weapons.

PS all of you who keep saying he will be "hanged" the correct word would be "hung", as in "he will be hung for his crimes against humanity";D
Reply

Ar-RaYYan
11-06-2006, 09:52 PM
I have got this important question to ask and I would appreciate if you guys could answer it.
I know if U embrace to another religion when U used to be muslim- U deserve
to be hanged- according to Islamic laws
But what about Saddam Hussain's situation ? What does Islam say about that. Does he deserve to be hanged according to Islam?

Salaam
Reply

Ferrari1981
11-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Do you think the hanging will be public!?
Reply

j4763
11-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by MTAFFI
what weapons did the US supply him?
I too would like to know more about what weapons the US supplyed? Also did he supply the poision that killed the kurds?

If he did supply them (which needs to be confirmed) should Bush be responsible for saddam using them? If I legally sell a gun to someone should I be held responsible for the person’s actions? After all war is also business.
Reply

Protected_Diamond
11-06-2006, 10:44 PM
:sl:

Allah hu 'alam!

:w:
Reply

Muezzin
11-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by MTAFFI
PS all of you who keep saying he will be "hanged" the correct word would be "hung", as in "he will be hung for his crimes against humanity";D
Actually, the correct usage is 'hanged' in this context. The word 'hung' is correctly used in the context of, say, hanging up washing to dry. 'I hung the clothes up'.
Reply

Woodrow
11-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by j4763
I too would like to know more about what weapons the US supplyed? Also did he supply the poision that killed the kurds?

If he did supply them (which needs to be confirmed) should Bush be responsible for saddam using them? If I legally sell a gun to someone should I be held responsible for the person’s actions? After all war is also business.
As was stated above. The US did not supply Iraq with weapons.

Although we did supply Iran with much of it's arsenal.

The mustard gas used by Iraq was probably manufactured in Iraq. It is cheap and easy to produce and does not need a large facility to make it in. It has been around for a long time, although not used in war until WW1.
Reply

Joe98
11-06-2006, 11:21 PM
The hanging cannot be public.

Because then Saddam will show defiance and die a hero to some.

The place where he is hung, ought to be bulldozed afterwards.

And he ought to be cremated and his ashes scattered in the ocean so there is no "shrine" of any sort.
Reply

AbdulHassanAmir
11-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
As was stated above. The US did not supply Iraq with weapons.

Although we did supply Iran with much of it's arsenal.

The mustard gas used by Iraq was probably manufactured in Iraq. It is cheap and easy to produce and does not need a large facility to make it in. It has been around for a long time, although not used in war until WW1.
No, that is incorrect. The US supplied Iraq with gas making techniques, and Saddam flat out told them he was going to use it on Iranian soldiers. Thats only the tip of the gun for the US. They also supplied two hundred millions worth in helis to Iraq. Here's a good article for further evaluation on the subject.

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/a...n_interest.php
Reply

Woodrow
11-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by AbdulHassanAmir
No, that is incorrect. The US supplied Iraq with gas making techniques, and Saddam flat out told them he was going to use it on Iranian soldiers. Thats only the tip of the gun for the US. They also supplied two hundred millions worth in helis to Iraq. Here's a good article for further evaluation on the subject.

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/a...n_interest.php

Thank You, quite interessting.

Now it makes sense that there was strong suspicion Iraq had WMDs, we had supplied Saddam with them. It wasn't a suspicion we knew it, because we had supplied Saddam with them.
Reply

yusuf musa
11-07-2006, 12:57 AM
i personally dont believe this man should be executed. it is not the right time for it, all it will do is cause more fighting among muslims. i admire his steadifastness in the face of his enemy. but he doesnt deserve this but life in prison is more appropriate. He was installed and supported by america and now he is talking the fall. it is all politics in the end, and tommorow is the elections in the US, how random is that? Saddam is accused of killing 100+ people but if u look at bush he killed 600,000+ iraqis.

assalamuwalaykum
Reply

Hisbul_Aziz
11-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by Mezier
:sl:

As a kurd, and a muslim. I cant help but to say he deserves it (should I say I'm also happy?). He is a murder and a rapist. Both are punishable by death

:w:
Subhanallah
Who are you to judge someone
Reply

Woodrow
11-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by yusuf musa
i personally dont believe this man should be executed. it is not the right time for it, all it will do is cause more fighting among muslims. i admire his steadifastness in the face of his enemy. but he doesnt deserve this but life in prison is more appropriate. He was installed and supported by america and now he is talking the fall. it is all politics in the end, and tommorow is the elections in the US, how random is that? Saddam is accused of killing 100+ people but if u look at bush he killed 600,000+ iraqis.

assalamuwalaykum

"and tommorow is the elections in the US" This is a midterm election year. The results will have little effect on Bush and Friends. They are not up for re-election yet. the outcome of Saddam should play a big role in the next Presidetial Election in 2 years. Saddam's execution now, could be a down fall of Bush supporters in 2 years if the Execution of Saddam does not end the bloodshed. If Bush and his supporters had planned this to support the Republican party, they should have waited 2 more years. So I believe it is a coincidence and wasn't planned.

Yes, I do agree with your stand about this is not the time for Saddam to be executed as it will divide the people in Iraq even further. But, the problem is when will be the right time, if there ever is one.
Reply

north_malaysian
11-07-2006, 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by Keltoi
I'm starting to wonder whether this hanging will even take place. I can see a scenario where Saddam's lawyers manage to appeal the verdict for about 20 years until Saddam dies in prison with a bag of Doritos on his lap.
They got to appeal automatically for death sentence...
Reply

Skillganon
11-07-2006, 04:21 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
"and tommorow is the elections in the US" This is a midterm election year. The results will have little effect on Bush and Friends. They are not up for re-election yet. the outcome of Saddam should play a big role in the next Presidetial Election in 2 years. Saddam's execution now, could be a down fall of Bush supporters in 2 years if the Execution of Saddam does not end the bloodshed. If Bush and his supporters had planned this to support the Republican party, they should have waited 2 more years. So I believe it is a coincidence and wasn't planned.

Yes, I do agree with your stand about this is not the time for Saddam to be executed as it will divide the people in Iraq even further. But, the problem is when will be the right time, if there ever is one.
What I probably guessing at is that few amongst the many who resist the allied troops will take up his image as an emblem of defiance.

I am sure it is going to be potrayed in the media something on the line like

"the ongoing sectarian violance continues as Shiah (Legit) celebrate the death of saddam, and sunni (resistance) stuanch supportor of sadam (read dictator, evil) ."
Reply

Grace Seeker
11-07-2006, 04:42 AM
Originally Posted by yusuf musa
i personally dont believe this man should be executed. it is not the right time for it, all it will do is cause more fighting among muslims. i admire his steadifastness in the face of his enemy. but he doesnt deserve this but life in prison is more appropriate. He was installed and supported by america and now he is talking the fall. it is all politics in the end, and tommorow is the elections in the US, how random is that? Saddam is accused of killing 100+ people but if u look at bush he killed 600,000+ iraqis.

assalamuwalaykum


In this one trial Saddam is accused of killing 100+. But Saddam did that many times over many places. In one case he had over 400 of his own party's leaders shot just to consolidate his power in it. Over the course of his administration, Saddam may have by direct action or by order have brought about the death of over a 400,000 of his own citizens, plus Saddam's war with Iran resulted in over a million deaths on both sides.


As to Bush -- Even as dispicable as Saddam was, it is still a tragedy that the US ever invaded Iraq. But some quick math of just 600,000 deaths in the trhee years the war has been going on would be nearly 550 deaths a day. Even in the worst weeks of the war the numbers have not been that high. Now, even 1 death is too many, but given that there have not been 500+ death everyday of this war it seems the figure you are using is probably exaggerated.
Reply

Dhulqarnaeen
11-07-2006, 04:48 AM
:sl:
He deserve it, how many muslims dead in his hands. But lets pray Allah give him hidayah and he can do taubah in his last moments, AMIN.
Reply

MTAFFI
11-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Actually, the correct usage is 'hanged' in this context. The word 'hung' is correctly used in the context of, say, hanging up washing to dry. 'I hung the clothes up'.
actually you are wrong, if you look up the word "hanged" on dictionary.com you will at the very bottom of the page the definition which reads as:

hanged (hngd) Pronunciation Key
v.
Past tense and past participle of hang. See Usage Note at hang.

When Saddam is hung and dead then you can use hanged, and in he was hanged from the gallows
Reply

Muezzin
11-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by MTAFFI
actually you are wrong
Ooh, claws out today, eh? :p

if you look up the word "hanged" on dictionary.com you will at the very bottom of the page the definition which reads as:

hanged (hngd) Pronunciation Key
v.
Past tense and past participle of hang. See Usage Note at hang.

When Saddam is hung and dead then you can use hanged, and in he was hanged from the gallows
That's exactly what I was saying. In the context of execution, 'hanged' is the past tense of 'hang'.

'— USAGE In modern English hang has two past tense and past participle forms: hanged and hung. Sometime after the 16th century hung replaced the earlier form hanged in general contexts, as in they hung out the washing, while hanged was, as it still is, retained for use in reference to execution by hanging, as in the prisoner was hanged.'

Ask Oxford
Reply

MTAFFI
11-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Ooh, claws out today, eh? :p


That's exactly what I was saying. In the context of execution, 'hanged' is the past tense of 'hang'.

'— USAGE In modern English hang has two past tense and past participle forms: hanged and hung. Sometime after the 16th century hung replaced the earlier form hanged in general contexts, as in they hung out the washing, while hanged was, as it still is, retained for use in reference to execution by hanging, as in the prisoner was hanged.'

Ask Oxford
lol ;D

i guess they might be out a little bit today, sorry about that

when i made the original comment about the word, i was directing it to the people saying he will be hanged, which obviously is incorrect. i notice though that you never even said it in the first place. anyways back to the topic. I am glad to see this genocidal (<--- is that spelled correct?!) dictator will finally take his dirt nap
Reply

MTAFFI
11-07-2006, 02:55 PM
v. hung, (hng) hang·ing, hangs
v. tr.
To fasten from above with no support from below; suspend.

hung can be used as past participle as well but can also mean the above, which is the interpretation i was using, which has no past tense associated with it
Reply

Woodrow
11-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Let us not get hung up on hanged and return to the topic.

I believe Brother Dhulqarnaeen Expressed many of our thoughts when he said:

"He deserve it, how many muslims dead in his hands. But lets pray Allah give him hidayah and he can do taubah in his last moments, AMIN."
I can understand how some non-Muslims may view this as having sympathy for Saddam. Yes, we do have sympathy for him and dread the thought that he may face an eternity of hellfire, but that does not mean we support or approve of what he did. We do not deny that he deserves punishment. But, that does not mean we want him to die with no chance of ever entering Jannah. we would not wish that on any Human, no matter how despicable their crimes may be. We know that they do have a chance to find Mercy, if only they will repent for their errors.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Exactly the point bro :)
Reply

MTAFFI
11-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Let us not get hung up on hanged and return to the topic.

I believe Brother Dhulqarnaeen Expressed many of our thoughts when he said:

"He deserve it, how many muslims dead in his hands. But lets pray Allah give him hidayah and he can do taubah in his last moments, AMIN."
I can understand how some non-Muslims may view this as having sympathy for Saddam. Yes, we do have sympathy for him and dread the thought that he may face an eternity of hellfire, but that does not mean we support or approve of what he did. We do not deny that he deserves punishment. But, that does not mean we want him to die with no chance of ever entering Jannah. we would not wish that on any Human, no matter how despicable their crimes may be. We know that they do have a chance to find Mercy, if only they will repent for their errors.
As much as I hate to say it you are right, everyone does deserve a chance, although i am not sure how i would feel when i got to heaven if it Saddam was there throwing one of his parties;D
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2019, 06:19 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2015, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 11:35 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 03:12 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!