/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scaring Other Muslims

Umar001
11-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah,

I am, personally hesitant in making this thread, since I feel that I will be looked upon as one who is 'no fun' or the such, but I am genuinly suprised at the fact that Muslims scare other Muslims, whether online or offline, from what I know this is not allowed, such things as those videos where a head pops up and screams, which tend to scare people, or physically scaring someone would fall under this?

I read, with regards to the permisability of jokes in Islam, one of the condition given by the Brother answering,

3 – Not scaring people

Especially those who are very energetic or strong, or who are holding a weapon or a piece of iron, or who take advantage of the darkness and people’s weakness to use that as a means of scaring and alarming them. It was narrated that Abu Layla said: “The companions of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that they were travelling with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and a man among them fell asleep. Some of them got a rope and tied him up, and he got scared. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘It is not permissible for a Muslim to frighten another Muslim.’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).
Source

So, have I got the wrong end of the stick? Are such videos which intend to scare and actions of scaring other Muslims, halal?

Assalamu Aleykum, your Brother Eesa :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Is it really? Lol, but its fun, when ur just joking at least..
i dunno man lol

Woodrow
11-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Iteresting Point of view. I did not see it as scaring I saw it as startling. To me scaring is to place a person in a posistion were they feel that they are in danger.

Startling is a reaction to the unexpected. In my opinion that is much different then instilling fear. Although I suspect there will be at least a few that will equate it with fear rather than being stattled.

amirah_87
11-05-2006, 10:52 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

JazaakAllaahu Khayr for bringing this up Akhee. I also thought about this, but did'nt have the actual evidence.
I heard aswell that scaring your sister/brother in Islam is Haraam, and I guess the videos could fall under this.
Wallaahu A'lam

Thanx for providing the Hadeeth, something I've been lookin for quite a while!!

I hope to act upon it now InshaAllah, and Tawbah!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-06-2006, 04:16 AM
Assalamu aleykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Iteresting Point of view. I did not see it as scaring I saw it as startling. To me scaring is to place a person in a posistion were they feel that they are in danger.

Startling is a reaction to the unexpected. In my opinion that is much different then instilling fear. Although I suspect there will be at least a few that will equate it with fear rather than being stattled.
See am going to sound like a woos, but I do get scared, I admit that their might be a difference, in the sense that someone might be shocked or something and they know they are not going to die or anything, but actually, for a split second a person does not registed what is happening they just see something popin up from the screen and they might fear for their life because they don't have time to understan the situation. Also, kids do get scared becuse they sometimes do think that the 'monster' might come out and eat them, so that is possible.

mohammed farah
11-06-2006, 04:19 AM
i know what u mean it does scare you at first but later on i see the funny side

Malaikah
11-06-2006, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
:sl:

Believe me I was SCARED!!! A bit startled as well true, but mainly scared. :uuh:

I think I agree with IsaAbdullah on this matter.

Woodrow
11-06-2006, 12:00 PM
If people are actually scared by it and not simply startled I have to agree it is haraam. After reading these I would say it depends a lot on who the joke is being played on. If someone is not aware of what the reaction of the victim will be, it would be best not to do it.

Umar001
11-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Woodrow
If people are actually scared by it and not simply startled I have to agree it is haraam. After reading these I would say it depends a lot on who the joke is being played on. If someone is not aware of what the reaction of the victim will be, it would be best not to do it.

I'm glad you have that opinion, though I do feel like a woss lol, :p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-06-2006, 11:00 PM
I just laugh if someone scares me lol....laugh at myself for getting scared hahaa...:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.