/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Blessings In Eating

chacha_jalebi
11-08-2006, 07:54 PM
salaam

Bismillah ir rahman nir raheem :D:D:D

elo ello :p

now :D as we all know ramadan is over :( but but we can eat wenever we want :D and theres a blessin in eating :D:D

i.e . .. . :D

RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) said in a hadiths in Bukhari & Muslim...

"When one of you finishes eating, he should not wipe his fingers until he has licked them himself or has given them to someone else to lick for him.''

also there are many more blessings in eating :D:D:D *pulls out a halal hot dog:p*

check these hadiths out :p

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) commanded the licking of fingers and the gleaning of the dish, saying, "You do not know in which portion the blessing lies.''
[Muslim]

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When a morsel of any of you falls, he should pick it up and remove any of the dirt on it and then eat it, and should not leave it for Satan nor should wipe his hand with towel until he has licked his fingers, for he does not know in what portion of the food the blessing lies.''
[Muslim]

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Satan appears at every thing done by you; he appears even at one's dinner. When a morsel of any of you falls, he should pick it up and remove any dirt on it, and then eat it. He should not leave it for Satan, nor should he wipe his hand with the towel until he has licked his fingers, for he does not know in what portion of the food the blessing lies.''
[Muslim]

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Whenever Messenger of Allah (PBUH) ate food, he would lick his three fingers and say, "If anyone of you drops a morsel of food, he should remove any dirt that may have stuck on it and then eat it, and should not leave it for Satan.'' He (PBUH) also commanded us that we should glean the pot, saying, "You do not know in which part of your food the blessings lies.''
[Muslim]

and the sunnah of eating . . . . :D

Ka`b bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I saw Messenger of Allah (PBUH) eating with three fingers (i.e., the thumb, the index finger and the middle finger) and licking them after having finished the food.
[Muslim]

so lets eat away :p :D:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LUVAR
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
:sl: We should also eat just a morsel if we cant do that we should eat a third leave a third for water and a third for air.;D

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-12-2006, 06:19 PM
:sl:

mashaAllah nice reminder..
i eat the sunnah way on the floor with dasdakhan..i think thats what u call it underneath it..
n yeh wiping the plate with fingers etc...am getting their n also eating with 3 fingers thats hard..lol..TOOOO hard inshaAllah will get there..
but when ma bros r home it sooo nice the whole family eating the sunnah way!!:D:D:D:D

:w:

Umar001
11-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I wonder how many muslims would actually pick something up if it fell on the ground and then eat it.

Hmm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-12-2006, 06:25 PM
i would..as its an act of sunnah!!:D:D:D

unless its gone into a puddle of dirty water lol..then no!!!

peacechaser
11-14-2006, 10:06 PM

"When one of you finishes eating, he should not wipe his fingers until he has licked them himself or has given them to someone else to lick for him.''
Alhamdulillah, Jazakallah for sharing brother ^^

There is a purpose with doing this, related to our health. On the finger, there exist a digestive enzyme, with 10X more useful than the enzyme in our mouth (saliva).

chacha_jalebi
11-14-2006, 10:14 PM
^^^ jazakhallah for the science bit :D:D:D

lol mashallah :D:D

syilla
11-15-2006, 01:41 AM

i do not like some people who like telling me to follow the western ways/etiquettes of eating at the inappropriate places.

for example you have to make sure you have to sit up straight while eating and don't bow too much.

what if i'm eating noodle soup...that it is quite slippery. Won't my dress will get dirty if my mouth is too far away from the bowl.

i love the islamic etiquettes way of eating...it is simple, practical and you don't have to be rich....to have etiquettes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.