/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eating Pizza In Non Halal Parlours Is It Not Haram

Az969
11-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Assala Mu Alaikum

Dear Brothers & Sister

My question relates to this topic here http://www.eathalal.org/pizza_hut.htm

What i want to know is, is it halal to eat pizza in non muslim restaurents, the reason for asking is that we used to love eating pizza's from many different places and including pizza huts.

But on one occasion i was at one of these outlets and discovered that the person/persons preparing pizza was preparing an order for other customers before me, who had ordered non halal meat pizza ie: with pork ham and other ingredients and just after he completed those orders he was about to prepare mine and WHAT I noticed was that he was using his hand although wearing gloves and picking all the ingridients one after the other IE: Vegs to meats without washing his hands or changing the gloves.

My point is, this person preparing pizzas obviously he was using his contaminated hands to prepare vegetarian pizza and non vegatrian one, and therefore this makes NON halal to eat because of contamination with other ingridieants is very much possible.

These people preparing pizzas do not wash or change there gloves after each preparation and HAVE no time to do so.

When i saw that in front of me, i cancelled my order and since than i do eat in any non halal pizza parlours.

PS: I see many fellow muslims go to these places to eat and to my judgement they are not aware of this problem.

Your views on this subject would be appreciated.

Salams

Aslam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Oh wow, i didnt take note of that. good eye lol. well id be in doubt of eating and definitely avoid it. Can't u tell them this? I dont see why u cant lol.

Umar001
11-13-2006, 10:41 PM
I personally would eat at pizza hut or mcdonald or other places were it not for the fact that if muslims saw me they would think bad of me.

That's the only reason that stops me.

chacha_jalebi
11-13-2006, 10:44 PM
well well well

thats like me saying eatin halal food on the street is haraam, because there non halal shops round :p

it makes the contamination possible, but it dont mean the contamination happens:D:D:D

i think we gotaa analyse thins more, instead of listenin to sum imams who got nuttin betta to do, so dey label nearly everythin haraam :p

but maybe eatin pizza like that is haraam, Allah (swt) knows best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mu'Min
11-13-2006, 10:45 PM
You know I've noticed this aswell not just with pizza but everywhere. I think it's best to just avoid it!:okay:

chacha_jalebi
11-13-2006, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I personally would eat at pizza hut or mcdonald or other places were it not for the fact that if muslims saw me they would think bad of me.

That's the only reason that stops me.
bro dont give a crap wot people think of you

i remem this butifull sayin of Hadhrat Umar (ra)

he said "even if a man is as straight as a arrow, people will still find faults in him" its human nature to find faults in each other, insted of lookin at there own faults :D

so dont care wot people think, only care what Allah (swt) thinks of you:D:D:D

now after hearin that :p you can take me maccy d :D:D:D

Mu'Min
11-13-2006, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
bro dont give a crap wot people think of you

i remem this butifull sayin of Hadhrat Umar (ra)

he said "even if a man is as straight as a arrow, people will still find faults in him" its human nature to find faults in each other, and look at there own faults :D

so dont care wot people think, only care what Allah (swt) thinks of you:D:D:D

now after hearin that :p you can take me maccy d :D:D:D
True that! I agree with you 100%! This world don't matter... don't fear their opinions about you, it's all about what your Lord thinks!

Umar001
11-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Imam Bukhari had something like 1000 pounds, and told this man about it, now they were both on a boat on a journey, the next morning the man starts screaming and shouting and saying someone took his money, a 1000 pounds, so everyone will look for it, Imam Bukhari throws his money away, over seas, and later the man asks Imam Bukhari what did you do with the money and Imam Bukhari said he threw it away and the man could not understand how Imam Bukhari was able to just throw it away, how he was so calm. And Imam Bukhari said that he didnt want his reputation and all his works and books to be ruiend because of this.

NOTE THE ABOVE IS A VERY ROUGH NARRATION, IF YOU WANT IT I WILL TYPE IT UP FROM A BOOK WHEN I FIND IT

So you see, I rather preserve my reputation in the community and I rather help my brothers and not give them a reason to think bad about me!

As for the Hadeeth quoted,
"even if a man is as straight as a arrow, people will still find faults in him"

I agree, and people will always find faults, but its not a reason for me to leave an open door for them to find some.

:)

Now lets not diviate from the thread insha'Allah :p

Mu'Min
11-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Alright I got you... so here's my question....
do you just not eat at those places because you're afraid ppl will think badly of you, or you just don't like the food?

Umar001
11-13-2006, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'Min
Alright I got you... so here's my question....
do you just not eat at those places because you're afraid ppl will think badly of you, or you just don't like the food?
If there is an option for me to eat at a place where there will be no chance of any muslim genuinly disliking my action, i.e. thinking that I'm commiting sin by going there, and a place where there is a chance that some brothers will think I am commiting sin by eating from that place.

Then I will leave the place which would arouse doubt in my brother's mind with regards to me sinning and eat in a place of which noone has doubt.

Hope that answers.

Mu'Min
11-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Not really, I mean just give me a yes or no answer...
Would you eat there if people wouldn't judge you wrongfully?

Umar001
11-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Not really, I mean just give me a yes or no answer...
Would you eat there if people wouldn't judge you wrongfully?
Yes

Mu'Min
11-13-2006, 11:18 PM
What:? So, you're only not eating there because others will think badly of you? Correct?

Malaikah
11-13-2006, 11:19 PM
:sl:

Am I missing something... shouldnt the title read IS HARAM? lol

Umar001
11-13-2006, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

Am I missing something... shouldnt the title read IS HARAM? lol
Lol

What:? So, you're only not eating there because others will think badly of you? Correct?
Yes, I chose to eat at places where other muslims would not think am sinning.

Az969
11-13-2006, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
well well well

thats like me saying eatin halal food on the street is haraam, because there non halal shops round :p

it makes the contamination possible, but it dont mean the contamination happens:D:D:D

i think we gotaa analyse thins more, instead of listenin to sum imams who got nuttin betta to do, so dey label nearly everythin haraam :p

but maybe eatin pizza like that is haraam, Allah (swt) knows best

Sorry brother, But after seeing what happend in front of my eyes, it would make me an ignorant person to go back there, and my IMAN does not allow me to do so.

Just to clarify there was an article in my local paper that non muslim lady had ordered vegetarian pizza and to her amazement she discovered ham and other meat extract in here pizza obviously for her is ok to consume, but she did dispute against it and the outlet apolozied and offered her vouchers as compensation.

But should it happend to us WOULD that make it halal for us? WOULD you still eat there, this is straight from a person who had experienced the problem and not some imam telling congregsation to avoid such outlets.

Sorry to be blunt but truth is to be told.

Salams
Aslam

Mu'Min
11-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Well, I'm not trying to be mean, but why are you troubling yourself with their thoughts? I mean, it's not a bad thing to care what ppl think, but it's it all about your niyah? And let me just apologize for if I'm being rude.

Umar001
11-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Well, I'm not trying to be mean, but why are you troubling yourself with their thoughts? I mean, it's not a bad thing to care what ppl think, but it's it all about your niyah? And let me just apologize for if I'm being rude.

You are my sister,

I haven't thought you have been rude nor have I been offended so please do not apologise.

But I will say, I only think about what other people think of me, because I see that to be a quality of people before me, how would you act towards a sister whom you thought did haram all the time? Different, totally different than if you thought she did halal all the time. Any sensible person would not take their religion from someone who they feel any doubt about. I don't want to cause doubt in any of my brothers or sisters about me and my deen, so I hope that they all think good of me, insha'Allah.

Umar001
11-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Assalamu aleykum Brother,

I hope all is well, and I hope you don't mind me asking you a couple of questions based on the statement below, even though it was not directed at me.

format_quote Originally Posted by Az969
But after seeing what happend in front of my eyes, it would make me an ignorant person to go back there, and my IMAN does not allow me to do so.
If you out of your own piety feel that it is best to be avoided then Alhamdulilah.

Just to clarify there was an article in my local paper that non muslim lady had ordered vegetarian pizza and to her amazement she discovered ham and other meat extract in here pizza obviously for her is ok to consume, but she did dispute against it and the outlet apolozied and offered her vouchers as compensation.

But should it happend to us WOULD that make it halal for us? WOULD you still eat there, this is straight from a person who had experienced the problem and not some imam telling congregsation to avoid such outlets.
There mere fact that the outlet apologised is a sign that it was a mistake which will be avoided in the future.

If I had the experience of seeing a worker not wash his hands, I would ask someone if that is their polocy, if it is not and they rebuke the person, which they should since they claim in their menu that the piza is vegetarian, then I do not see any harm in going there again, since their polocy is to change their gloves and so on, if they say it is not then I would not go there again.

Mu'Min
11-13-2006, 11:50 PM

You are my sister,

I haven't thought you have been rude nor have I been offended so please do not apologise.

But I will say, I only think about what other people think of me, because I see that to be a quality of people before me, how would you act towards a sister whom you thought did haram all the time? Different, totally different than if you thought she did halal all the time. Any sensible person would not take their religion from someone who they feel any doubt about. I don't want to cause doubt in any of my brothers or sisters about me and my deen, so I hope that they all think good of me, insha'Allah.

Alright, I'm glad you feel that way. And thanks for not understanding why I feel the way I do.

Az969
11-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Assalamu aleykum Brother,

I hope all is well, and I hope you don't mind me asking you a couple of questions based on the statement below, even though it was not directed at me.

If you out of your own piety feel that it is best to be avoided then Alhamdulilah.

There mere fact that the outlet apologised is a sign that it was a mistake which will be avoided in the future.

If I had the experience of seeing a worker not wash his hands, I would ask someone if that is their polocy, if it is not and they rebuke the person, which they should since they claim in their menu that the piza is vegetarian, then I do not see any harm in going there again, since their polocy is to change their gloves and so on, if they say it is not then I would not go there again.

Yes brother the question was put in front of person in charge and his statement was as follows.

They do not wash there hands on each preparesion or change gloves, the reason to wear gloves is merely for health and safety purpose.

Therefore the vegetarian pizza's are prepared with same gloves as previously used for non veg, and surely this suggests it is possible to contiminate food.

However i have no authority to judge each individuals liking to what they feel about what they eat, but it's merely a QUESTION i raised to elobrate on views.

PS: This incident took place in UK, so i am not sure how pizzas are prepared elsewhere.

Salams

Aslam

Umar001
11-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Alright, I'm glad you feel that way. And thanks for not understanding why I feel the way I do.
Am confused, if I have done or said something wrong please point it out to me and I apologise.

Yes brother the question was put in front of person in charge and his statement was as follows.

They do not wash there hands on each preparesion or change gloves, the reason to wear gloves is merely for health and safety purpose.

Therefore the vegetarian pizza's are prepared with same gloves as previously used for non veg, and surely this suggests it is possible to contiminate food.

However i have no authority to judge each individuals liking to what they feel about what they eat, but it's merely a QUESTION i raised to elobrate on views.

PS: This incident took place in UK, so i am not sure how pizzas are prepared elsewhere.

Salams

Aslam
If it is their polocy not to change their gloves or wash their hands inbetween each preparation then I would personally not go, and I would chalange them, because they claim their pizza is suitable for vegetarians yet they do not seem to take the proper measures, but at this moment, i think that maybe that particular store's polocy maybe like that or taht the person you spoke to made a mistake.

Wierd polocy! :)

Malaikah
11-13-2006, 11:59 PM

I used to buy vegie burgers from subway... they sell all types of meat there too... until one day i saw that there was a peice of meat in the cheese bucket that had got in there by accident! :heated: What choice do I have after I saw that? How many times could this have happened before and I just didnt know because I hadnt seen it?

I dont think it is worth taking the risk when you know that things can and do go wrong.

Mu'Min
11-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Am confused, if I have done or said something wrong please point it out to me and I apologise.
LOL! Srry... didn't mean to confuse I meant THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING HOW I FEEL! :okay: No need for apologies bro!:)

Umar001
If it's a mistake then I might reconsider going there but I doubt it would stop me for the simple fact that everyone makes mistakes

Umar001
LOL! Srry... didn't mean to confuse I meant THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING HOW I FEEL! :okay: No need for apologies bro!:)
Phew, am glad I didnt upset you. :)

Mu'Min
11-14-2006, 12:04 AM

I used to buy vegie burgers from subway... they sell all types of meat there too... until one day i saw that there was a peice of meat in the cheese bucket that had got in there by accident! :heated: What choice do I have after I saw that? How many times could this have happened before and I just didnt know because I hadnt seen it?

I dont think it is worth taking the risk when you know that things can and do go wrong.
I agree with you. That's one of the reasons why I stoped eating at fast food joints... I mean if they're gonna do it front of your face... what the heck could they be doing behind your back?

Az969
11-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Suitable for vegetarians: Is a subject which needs to be addressed, suitable for vegetarian means something diiferent to someone who addresess such issues.

I have found Magarine (butter) which says ' Suitable for vegetarians' but reading the ingridients it says it contains fish oil, how does that make suitable for vegetarian i don't know.

However for muslim i assume it would be premissable to eat such product, but it does not mean it is suitable as stated.

Now how do we address this.

Anyways i will conclude my question here and i thank all brothers and sisters who have responded to my question.

Salams

Malaikah
11-14-2006, 12:05 AM

If it's a mistake then I might reconsider going there but I doubt it would stop me for the simple fact that everyone makes mistakes
But you know that the possiblity is there! So what if its a mistake? If you know a mistake is likely to occur then why take the chance? There is doubt in that place, therefore you shouldnt eat there. Go eat at a halal place were there is no doubt, and even if something did go there as well, at least you have the valid excuse that the place is halal and a mistake wasnt expected to happen.

You dont have anyway excuse with non-halal places because you know the risk but you did it anyway.

Mu'Min
11-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Phew, am glad I didnt upset you. :)
You know what... you're gonna make it far kid... it's nice of you to care about my feelings and now I can fully understand why you choose to not eat there. Hey, look at the bright side... it's bad for your health anyway!;D

Umar001
11-14-2006, 12:08 AM

^But you know that the possiblity is there! So what if its a mistake? If you know a mistake is likely to occur then why take the chance? There is doubt in that place, therefore you shouldnt eat there. Go eat at a halal place were there is no doubt, and even if something did go there as well, at least you have the valid excuse that the place is halal and a mistake wasnt expected to happen.

You dont have anyway excuse with non-halal places because you know the risk but you did it anyway.
If it is a mistake then it is a mistake, mistakes happen, if it was a mistake that always happend then I wouldnt go, but if it was a rare mistake then I would still go.

Since I do not think that a mistake would make the whole shop Haram.

If someone out of their own piety wants to go to a halal place then they can, but I see no sin on me if I go to a place which says they sell Vegetarian food, to me that is the same as them saying it's Halal, a mistake is a mistake

Az969
11-14-2006, 12:10 AM

But you know that the possiblity is there! So what if its a mistake? If you know a mistake is likely to occur then why take the chance? There is doubt in that place, therefore you shouldnt eat there. Go eat at a halal place were there is no doubt, and even if something did go there as well, at least you have the valid excuse that the place is halal and a mistake wasnt expected to happen.

Bravo Sister well said.

SirZubair
11-14-2006, 05:07 AM
The Food industry is getting really tough these days.

I know quite afew HALAL Resturants that have BYO options, but there are also many which Serve Alcohol too.

The way i see it, i am there for the food, so i simply eat the food, enjoy the company of my friends, and thats that.

Look at it this way,.. whenever a MUSLIM opens a Business (Food-related business), What do alot of Muslims around him do?

They Critise his/her efforts.

I've seen it happen alot,.. Muslim man starts business,.. Other muslims spread lies about his business ( "I found a snail in the food!" which eventually turned into "..well, it was my brother in laws aunt who found it in her food.." which turned into "I found a mushroom that was the shape of a snail...") Eventually, the lies spread so far and wide, other Muslims start to avoid that Business.

Who has the poor muslim guy got to rely on?

The Non-muslims customers.

And then Muslims started complaining that he had a BYO option at his Resturant, so he stopped that there and then.

What happened next?

No support from the Non-muslim community, no support from the Muslim community. He had to shut down, he lost alot of money due to idiot muslims.

Funny thing is, i've heard those muslims (the ones that spread rumors) complaining "There is nothing around in this country for muslims..."

Before anyone attacks me, i DO NOT SUPPORT Selling of Alcohol in Halal Resturants, but please, either give them your support, or give them a break.

Wa'salaam

-Zubair

Malaikah
11-14-2006, 05:28 AM

^Far out where do you live man... sure isnt like that where I live alhamdulilah

SirZubair
11-14-2006, 05:39 AM

^Far out where do you live man... sure isnt like that where I live alhamdulilah

NewZealand, trust me, its not as peaceful here as some think.

north_malaysian
11-14-2006, 05:39 AM
Luckily I live in a place where all the Pizza Huts, McDs, KFCs are certified halal.

But I've heard that Burger King's halal certificates not being renewed by the religious authority... anyway it just a rumors.

*noor
11-14-2006, 05:58 AM
If it is a mistake then it is a mistake, mistakes happen, if it was a mistake that always happend then I wouldnt go, but if it was a rare mistake then I would still go.

Since I do not think that a mistake would make the whole shop Haram.

If someone out of their own piety wants to go to a halal place then they can, but I see no sin on me if I go to a place which says they sell Vegetarian food, to me that is the same as them saying it's Halal, a mistake is a mistake

salaamu alaikum

I understand what you're saying here, that if it is likely the food is not contaminated with haraam then you would eat there and if its likely to be contaminated with haraam then you wouldn't eat there.

I don't see anything wrong with that. I think I read somewhere, a hadith or something that says that life is simple that we shouldn't complicate it.

So if you're certain that the food is good and that there's that one in a million chance that some non halal meat fell in it, then say bismillah and eat. If the restaurant is known to have that happen repeatedly, then you should probably stay away.

At my uni they don't serve halal food so there's no way that i could get halal food for my lunch....i could go out of the college and downtown and find many halal places but then i wouldn't make it back in time for my next class. So for lunch i usually end up eating tuna, salad, or pizza. In this case, I really have no choice and i have to make the highly probable assumption that nothing haraam accidentally fell into the food. In a case like this, I just say bismillah and eat.

Don't make life complicated.

Malaikah
11-14-2006, 06:13 AM

^Why not just bring food from home? :)

Avoiding haram isnt making life complicated, its called being god-fearing muslims, who know that a meal isnt worth being thrown into hell-fire.

Umar001
11-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Actually, I dont know where brother Zubair has seen that, I am begining to dislike new zeland lol sounds terrible.

But here it aint like that, though I have had instances where a brother didnt want to turn the music off in his shop because he said the non-muslims wanted it. Which makes you wonder..

Anyhow,

Sister cheese, if someone told you, your halal meat is halal are you going to believe them?

What if the place they got it from slaughters this way and not that way and so on, are you gonna go check yourself?

Is there just much of chance of halal meat being accidently touched with pig or something than theres a chance of a mistake happening in a shop?

I dont know, I dont see any sin on someone eating from a place which serves halal and non halal food, if there is then someone show me, and if it is just people doing it out of their own piety then good for them.

MinAhlilHadeeth
11-14-2006, 01:14 PM
:salamext:

You know in fast food places like Pizza Hut, they serve alcohol. So is it haraam to sit and eat there, since you're sitting in the presence of alcohol?:?

Umar001
11-14-2006, 02:42 PM
what? Its haram to sit near alchol?

Snowflake
11-14-2006, 02:51 PM
I agree with Az bro. How could anyone eat anything when it's most likely to be handled with the same hand/utensil as haraam food is. *puke*

And when we think we are eating vegetarian pizza cuz it's only made with veg - do we even think whether the cheese is halal or not? it's most likely that the cheese on ur veggie pizza contains animal rennet. Hmmmmmm... worth remembering.

Umar001
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I agree with Az bro. How could anyone eat anything when it's most likely to be handled with the same hand/utensil as haraam food is. *puke*
If something is most likely contamintated then noone will eat there i dont think.

And when we think we are eating vegetarian pizza cuz it's only made with veg - do we even think whether the cheese is halal or not? it's most likely that the cheese on ur veggie pizza contains animal rennet. Hmmmmmm... worth remembering.
Uh? cheese aint halal?

*noor
11-15-2006, 02:07 AM

^Why not just bring food from home? :)
that's a good idea, for the days that i know ill be staying in college long :) but not all the time

Avoiding haram isnt making life complicated, its called being god-fearing muslims, who know that a meal isnt worth being thrown into hell-fire.
good point but there's no need in complicating something that is straightforward

if someone told you, your halal meat is halal are you going to believe them?
another good point

ok thats true...good point....thats why im thankful that the seafood chef at my college only works with the seafoods and the same for the salads

but maybe the pizza is not the best thing to eat.

hmmm....i guess it may be worth finding out what brand of mozarella is being used and researching the ingredients for it.

north_malaysian
11-15-2006, 03:33 AM
Rich Muslims should open fast food restaurants to cater Muslim minorities.

Malaikah
11-15-2006, 03:57 AM
Sister cheese, if someone told you, your halal meat is halal are you going to believe them?

If they muslims what right do i have to not believe them? Unless i have a good reason to?

What if the place they got it from slaughters this way and not that way and so on, are you gonna go check yourself?
Thats why you check if they are halal certified
Is there just much of chance of halal meat being accidently touched with pig or something than theres a chance of a mistake happening in a shop?
Muslims dont sell pork! and if they did i wouldnt eat there :heated:

Malaikah
11-15-2006, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
good point but there's no need in complicating something that is straightforward

I dont see how this is complicating anything. Its very straight-forward actually:

Risk of contamination by eating at non-muslim places= dont risk it. :happy:

Woodrow
11-15-2006, 04:00 AM
There are now at least two Halal Restaurants in Austin. They do not advertise as being Halal, they advertise as being Authentic Pakastani Restaurants. Many non-Muslims go to them for the Pakastani food. However, the Muslims go for the halal food. The 2 that I know of have a back private dining area for Muslims. It is divided into womens and mens sections.

Fortunatly both are doing very well.

lolwatever
11-15-2006, 04:00 AM

If they muslims what right do i have to not believe them? Unless i have a good reason to?
infact also supporting that is the fact that a jewess presented the prophet and a copmanion of his meat and the companion started asking questions about the meat and stuff adn the prophet told her 'don't answer him'.

I.e. showing us islam doesnt stress us by having to go to unecessary extent verifying stuff as long as we're told by someone that the meat is halal if they are reasonably trustworthy...

lolwatever
11-15-2006, 04:07 AM
here's the hadith...

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When any one of you enters upon his Muslim brother and he offers him food, let him eat from his food and not ask about it. And if he offers him something to drink, let him drink what he offers and not ask about it.”
(Narrated by Ahmad, 8933. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 627).

http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=21661&ln=eng&txt=meat << consider that as 'interesting article' 4bloggin cheese?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-15-2006, 04:13 AM
Interesting :)

syilla
11-15-2006, 04:17 AM
i don't think we should ask too much to the restaurant owner...if they have mentioned it is halaal...

but if you still have doubts...just don't go there...full stop.

Umar001
11-16-2006, 09:15 PM

Why just Muslims?

Thats why you check if they are halal certified
Do you know the method used for certification of halal food?

Muslims dont sell pork! and if they did i wouldnt eat there :heated:
I was talking about the farm in which the food is slaughtered, unless they have muslim only farms where there are no pigs at all, then thats all jiggy.

Umar001
11-16-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
infact also supporting that is the fact that a jewess presented the prophet and a copmanion of his meat and the companion started asking questions about the meat and stuff adn the prophet told her 'don't answer him'.

I.e. showing us islam doesnt stress us by having to go to unecessary extent verifying stuff as long as we're told by someone that the meat is halal if they are reasonably trustworthy...
So that shows us that we should believe not just Muslims but others too right?

Snowflake
11-17-2006, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
here's the hadith...

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When any one of you enters upon his Muslim brother and he offers him food, let him eat from his food and not ask about it. And if he offers him something to drink, let him drink what he offers and not ask about it.”
(Narrated by Ahmad, 8933. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 627).

http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=21661&ln=eng&txt=meat << consider that as 'interesting article' 4bloggin cheese?
Yeah but the hadith is saying, 'when a muslim brother OFFERS food', meaning if ur his guest. That's not the same as saying we should just believe everything a muslim sells to a consumer is halal. Muslims sell alcohol too. :P

chacha_jalebi
11-17-2006, 05:02 PM
now now brothers and sistas :D:D lets stop arguin amongst ourselfs:D:D:D

Yeah but the hadith is saying, 'when a muslim brother OFFERS food', meaning if ur his guest. That's not the same as saying we should just believe everything a muslim sells to a consumer is halal. Muslims sell alcohol too. :P
your right in a way sister

but we should avoid suspicion, as it is said in many hadiths, to avoid being suspicious of our brothers, if a muslim told me, the meat is halal, i would believe them 100% cos you have this link wit muslims innit, :D:D:D

and suppose the meat wasnt halal and they said it is, and we ate it, we wont be gettin any sin :p they would so woo hoo:D:D:D

SirZubair
11-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Asalam Alaikum,

Don't be silly.

we have all been blessed with Aql', with intellect.

Lets put it to good use.

Wa'salaam

no1_outbider
11-17-2006, 06:08 PM
The reason for why this toppic started was whether or not one should eat from pizza Hut!!

I shall leave you with the words of the prophet!!

On the authority of Abu Muhammad al-Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Taib, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhi wasallam, and who is dearest to him, radiyallahu &#235;anhuma, who said: I committed to memory from the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu &#235;alayhi wasallam, (the following words):

Leave that about which you are in doubt for that about which you are in no doubt.

Al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasa&#237;i related it, and al-Tirmidhi said: It is a good and genuine Hadith

lolwatever
11-17-2006, 06:47 PM
salams sis

i wasnt referrin to alchohol ppl tho... i'm not in position to answer about that case. But for a decent normal Muslim business that's not knwon to cheat, we should assume the best and not dig unecessarily into what goes on behind the scenes if we're told the meat they're giving us is halal.

We can also see that from the hadith about when the prophet n his companion ate fromt he jewess.. (inshalah ill look it up).

and bro isa yep, so long as they are from ahlul kitab.

And i'm only talking about people who don't have a record of stealing or corruption or unislamic behaviour... for those categories i'm not in a position to answer sorry. Allahu alam.

Btw i'm not saying to pretend things arent' happening either.. if its known that meat that's being sold is haram you cant just pretend its halal n gof or it... just ncase ne1 misunderstanding me.

take care all the best salams :D

Umar001
11-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Well my position is simple, if the meat is haram and it is known then dont eat it.

If it is from Muslims or People of the Book, then say Allah's name and eat it.

lolwatever
11-17-2006, 06:57 PM
^ yep xactly das the point i was tryin 2 make :D
jazaks 4 summn it up :)

salamz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.