View Full Version : Windows Vista Download

A7med
11-14-2006, 05:35 PM
:sl:

Download Here

Note: This is not the final vista

Vista System Requirements
Windows Vista Capable and Premium Ready PCs
Choose a Windows Vista Capable or Premium Ready PC for the Windows Vista edition that's right for you.

Are you looking to buy a Windows XP-based computer today but want to make sure that it can run Windows Vista? There's no need to wait. When you buy a new PC that carries the Windows Vista Capable or Premium Ready PC designation, you’ll be able to upgrade to one of the editions of Windows Vista while taking advantage of all the opportunities offered by Windows XP today.
What is a Windows Vista Capable PC?

A new PC that carries the Windows Vista Capable PC logo can run Windows Vista. All editions of Windows Vista will deliver core experiences such as innovations in organizing and finding information, security, and reliability. All Windows Vista Capable PCs will run these core experiences at a minimum. Some features available in the premium editions of Windows Vista—like the new Windows Aero user experience—may require advanced or additional hardware.

A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:

* A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
* 512 MB of system memory.
* A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

Windows Vista Premium Ready PCs
To get an even better Windows Vista experience, including the Windows Aero user experience, ask for a Windows Vista Capable PC that is designated Premium Ready, or choose a PC that meets or exceeds the Premium Ready requirements described below. Features available in specific premium editions of Windows Vista, such as the ability to watch and record live TV, may require additional hardware.

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:

* 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
* 1 GB of system memory.
* Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
* 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
* DVD-ROM Drive3.
* Audio output capability.
* Internet access capability.

Read all of the Windows Vista Capable footnotes.

Review the Windows Vista minimum supported system requirements.

Windows Marketplace has a selection of Windows Vista Capable and Premium Ready PCs that are available today.

Windows Vista enterprise hardware planning guidance is available on TechNet.
Can the Windows Vista experience vary on different PCs?

Yes. Windows Vista is the first Windows operating system with a user experience that adapts to take advantage of the capabilities of the hardware on which it is installed.

All Windows Vista Capable PCs will be able to run at least the core experiences of Windows Vista.

All Windows Vista Premium Ready PCs can deliver even better Windows Vista experiences, including the new Windows Aero user experience.
Does buying a Windows Vista Capable PC mean that I will receive a free upgrade to Windows Vista?

No. A PC that is Windows Vista Capable or Premium Ready means that the PC is ready for an upgrade from Windows XP. You would still need to purchase the edition of Windows Vista that you want to install on your Windows Vista Capable or Premium Ready PC.

Source

Important information
Windows Vista Customer Preview Program

Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista. The Customer Preview Program is now closed. We have reached our program capacity and no new orders are being accepted. The information on this page is intended for those people who have already received Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1).

If you acquired Windows Vista RC1 with a magazine or other publication, you will need to register and receive a Product Key before you can install the product.
Important information

* System requirements
View system requirements and information on Windows Vista Capable and Premium Ready PCs.
* Release notes
View the release notes for Windows Vista RC1 (available in English only).
* Upgrade limitations
You may not be able to upgrade your installation of Windows Vista RC1 to the final, commercially available edition of Windows Vista. To upgrade, you will need to acquire the final edition of Windows Vista and you may have to do a clean installation.
* Time-limited software
Windows Vista RC1 is time-limited, pre-release software that will expire on June 1, 2007.
* Beta support policy
This is pre-release (beta) software distributed for trial and testing purposes only. Microsoft does not provide technical support for beta releases. Although formal support is not offered for this beta, we have provided newsgroups to help answer questions you may have related to the installation and use of Windows Vista RC1. To join or read postings in these newsgroups, please visit http://windowshelp.microsoft.com.
* 2007 Office System Beta 2 compatibility
If you are using 2007 Office system Beta 2 be sure to download the 2007 Microsoft Office system Beta 2 Technical Refresh, the most recent update. (The Technical Refresh is required to use Office Beta 2 with Windows Vista RC1.)
* Installation limitations
There are three installation scenarios for Windows Vista RC1:
1. You can do a clean installation. This process will overwrite any data that you have on your hard disk or on your installation partition. The overwritten data will be lost and unrecoverable.
2. You can upgrade an existing installation of Windows XP.
3. You can upgrade an existing installation of Windows Vista Beta 2.

No other installation scenarios are supported. Upgrading to this beta from any other edition of Windows requires a clean installation, as described in option 1. In addition, once you install Windows Vista RC1, you cannot roll back to the previous operating system installation?you will either have to acquire and install the final released edition of Windows Vista or reinstall a previous edition of Windows. Before installing Windows Vista RC1 on any computer, please remember to back up all your files.

Upgrading from Windows Vista Beta 2
Please install any Critical Updates from Windows Update before upgrading from Beta 2 to RC1. Go to Start, All Programs, Windows Update, and click the "Check for Updates" button.

Note: Please close any open applications before beginning an upgrade. During installation, we recommend that you have an active Internet connection and choose Go online to get the latest updates for installation.

DVD-burning and installation instructions

Here's a summary of how to burn a DVD and install Windows Vista RC1:

1. Using a DVD burner and software, burn the ISO image of Windows Vista RC1 to a new blank DVD. We recommend burning at the lowest speed supported by your DVD burner (1X or 2X) to ensure the highest quality. Most DVD-burning software will recognize an ISO file. If your software does not automatically recognize this format, refer to the software's Help file for instructions.
2. Insert the DVD on which you burned the software into the DVD drive of the computer on which you want to install Windows Vista RC1.
3. The installation process should start automatically. If it does not, run Setup from the DVD to begin the installation, and follow the step-by-step instructions that appear on the screen.

Tell us what you think

If there's something that you like or dislike in this pre-release edition of Windows, we want to hear from you. Please use this feedback form to share your opinions.

To help you explore Windows Vista, we have created a list of tasks for you to try. To access the list and provide feedback on your experience, visit the Windows Vista Scenario Voting site.

Source

More Information

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
11-14-2006, 07:37 PM
:offended: I definately need a new computer or an upgrade.....soon.

It will take up 15 Gb of space? :uuh:....Oh the sorrow! In English: I hate my computer. :mad:

Jazakallah khair bro...;)

And also...is there a version before this? Do I need that too?

A7med
11-14-2006, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
:offended: I definately need a new computer or an upgrade.....soon.

It will take up 15 Gb of space? :uuh:....Oh the sorrow! In English: I hate my computer. :mad:

Jazakallah khair bro...;)

And also...is there a version before this? Do I need that too?
i think there is a previous version but u do not need it

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-14-2006, 08:45 PM

Will my Computer make the minimum specs?:

- 1 GB of RAM
- 80 GB HDD with 14.90 GB free, (i can clean up to maybe 20 GB) - Im going to transfer about 10 GB to an external HDD.
- Not sure of the speed:

What will I need to make my computer Vista capable? I dont have any graphics card.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
A7med
11-14-2006, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

Will my Computer make the minimum specs?:

- 1 GB of RAM
- 80 GB HDD with 14.90 GB free, (i can clean up to maybe 20 GB) - Im going to transfer about 10 GB to an external HDD.
- Not sure of the speed:

http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/1081/untitleddd8.jpg

What will I need to make my computer Vista capable? I dont have any graphics card.

ur computer spec should be ok

i dont think u will need to buy a graphics card.......... ur pc might already have one built into ur motherboard

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-14-2006, 09:08 PM
^ its a graphics driver :uhwhat Im positive that I dont have a graphics card ...would that suffice?

A7med
11-14-2006, 09:44 PM
hmmm..... so u cant play games on ur pc?

even so.... if all the other grphics (colour & desktop etc.) is ok then i dont see y i should not work

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Halo works but at the bare minimum, like few particles, all spartans are grey instead of the colors. UT2004 works, and i think the later one worked too. Hopefully it'll work..But i doubt i can use the aero feature.

A7med
01-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Just a screen shot of my Windows Vista :shade: ........

afriend
01-29-2007, 12:23 PM
way to rub it in A7med :mad::hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.