/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Turning off The Sound

snakelegs
11-16-2006, 02:18 AM
i've noticed that some pages now have sound - is there an option to turn it off? i often listen to other things when i'm on the computer and find it very intrusive.
also - i have dial-up connection so it all breaks up in to segments that last only 1 or 2 seconds.
i hope there is a way i can stop it, because i don't want to leave....
thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
11-16-2006, 02:26 AM
srs dere's sound? lol i never noticed coz i hav a special comp for LI :p with speakrs off

umm an idea might be to disable active x controls in ur internet options... that way it will disable internet based apps from operating (hence sound goin off)

tc allt eh best

snakelegs
11-16-2006, 07:57 AM
thanks - didn't see anything about active x, but i found a box to enable sounds on web pages...that should do the job! :happy:

lolwatever
11-16-2006, 07:58 AM
oops yeh lol that comes under active x should hav been a lil clearer :)

if it doesnt work u might need to disable flash coz i dunno wat sort of audio form this vbulletin using.. whether mp3 or flash audio.

take carea ll the best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-16-2006, 10:00 AM
its got sound :eek: i gotta stop usin LI at work only :heated:

Malaikah
11-16-2006, 10:13 AM
:sl:

lol. I have my speakers on all the time and I never hear anything unexpected.. unless someone links to a video such as in the imams of the haramain threads and in the Islamic Multimedia section- or my userpage.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-16-2006, 10:17 AM
lolwatever did you hear that, theres no sound :(, i was gonna go home and put the speakers up on maximum volume ;D

so wats the sound snake is talking about? :?

lolwatever
11-16-2006, 10:47 AM
probabily my posts r energetic enough 2 generate sound :p

snakelegs
11-16-2006, 10:39 PM
i am still getting sound, even after unchecking the "enable sounds on web pages" box.
please mods, help!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.