/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Spirituality in Islam

chris4336
11-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Hello, I have not yet converted but have been studying Islam for quite awhile. I am wondering what people's opinions are on the idea of Spirituality in Islam in todays world.

I was speaking with a Muslim, who told me that he feels that many Muslims now a days get so caught up in debating every single little rule (stuff like entering your bathroom with the right foot was his example) that they are forgetting the big picture which is Love of God above all things. He said its sad for him to see sisters dressed in full hijab, doing everything correct, yet in their eyes you cannot really see any faith or love of god. I must say that as someone studying Islam I have gotten much closer to god reading Sufi literature, than rulings on plucking your eyebrows. But it seems to me that these ruling are much more prevelant...why is that?

So I guess my question is do you guys think that some Muslims today are practicing Islam in a way that kind of "forgets" a spirituality and love of God?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
11-20-2006, 08:51 PM
There are people who neglect their spiritual relationship with God but there are also people who fall short in observing the commandments of God. Islam is a balanced way of life and entails both.

Please refer to:
http://www.islamtoday.com/discover_i...&sub_cat_id=44

Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.