/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 13th Islam Awareness Week 20-26 Nov 06

JanatAllah
11-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Britain Prepares for Islam Awareness Week, 20-26 November 2006

The Royal Geographic Society in London will play host to the launch of the 13th Islam Awareness Week, bringing together and highlighting Britain’s multicultural mosaic on the 20th of November with the theme of One World.

Professor John L. Esposito will deliver a keynote speech at the event with a focus on the Myth of the Clash and will explore the common thread of humanity which binds people together. The popular Canadian Muslim folksinger Dawud Wharnsby will also be sharing his personal reflections on the theme of One World.

*The need for dialogue and communication between people of all faiths and backgrounds is greater today than ever before* said Julie Siddiqi, IAW National Coordinator.

*We hope that IAW can unite us around our common values to realise that the world's concerns and problems are ours to both share and solve together, and that the things that we have in common are more significant than the differences that are perceived to exist between
us.

*A wide array of activities are planned across the UK, exploring and celebrating differences whilst emphasising that we inhabit a global village and promoting values of equality, justice, truth, a concern for peace and for our shared environment. Specially commissioned literature and exhibition will also be available throughout the week at events and schools disseminating the message of One World.

http://www.iaw.org.uk/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Sounds good, MashAllah. Are u goin to it sis? :)

JanatAllah
11-19-2006, 12:12 AM
I wish! I just posted on another thread about not being able to catch these events. I don't live in UK so can only go to what's happening during my visits imsad

I will also miss the global peace and unity event (again!)... Insha'Allah next year.

Try to go to one of the events and let me know what it was like ;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Lol! At least u get to make visits sis! I don't take visits :(
Plus I live in the US lol...
Whoever goes, InshAllah they can tell us:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
JanatAllah
11-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Oh sorry! Lol

Alhamdulillah I am blessed then.

I will start to look for events in the US then and post them here... many of the lectures I watch from the Scholars and sheikhs take place in the US and Canada and I always think about how lucky you guys are!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.