/* */

PDA

View Full Version : War and peaceful neighbors

khoshtip_uk
11-19-2006, 02:33 AM
hi guy,

i want to know what did prophet and his companian did to people who were not muslim and didnt want to accept islam and neither wanted to fight against islam ???were they allowed to stay in the country??any more information on this subject ?!?!

also any proof to show that islam's war were defensive rather than to spread islam!!

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
khoshtip_uk
11-19-2006, 03:53 AM
no replies :(

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-19-2006, 05:40 AM
Greetings,
Please refer to:
http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...conceptions#13
http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...conceptions#15
And also see:
http://islamtoday.com/show_sub_secti...3&sub_cat_id=0

Regards

khoshtip_uk
11-19-2006, 04:08 PM
sorry i still havent got my answer, what i meant was that, what did prohpet do to poeple who didnt accept islam and were living in mecca or madina or other part of the country?? did they kill them? did they ask them to leave the country ?? what happened to them ?!?!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
11-20-2006, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khoshtip_uk
sorry i still havent got my answer, what i meant was that, what did prohpet do to poeple who didnt accept islam and were living in mecca or madina or other part of the country?? did they kill them? did they ask them to leave the country ?? what happened to them ?!?!
This is exactly what was answered in the links I posted. So you did get your answer. Let's take the example of Madinah:

Dr. M. Hamidullah discusses the constitution of the Islamic state made when the Prophet pbuh arrived in Madinah:
When the Prophet Mohammed settled down in Medina, he found there complete anarchy, the region having never known before either a State or a king to unite the tribes torn by internecine feuds. In just a few weeks, he succeeded in rallying all the inhabitants of the region into order. He constituted a city state, in which Muslims, Jews, pagan Arabs and also probably a small number of Christians, all entered into a statal organism by means of a social contract. The constitutional law of this first 'Muslim' State - which was the confederacy as a sequence of the multiplicity of the population groups - has come down to us in toto, and we read therein not only in clause 25: "to Muslims their religion, and to Jews their religion," or, "that there would be benevolence and justice," but even the unexpected passage in the same clause 25: "the Jews . . . are a community (in alliance) with - according Ibn Hisham and in the version of Abu-'Ubaid, a community (forming part) of - the believers (i.e., Muslims)." The very fact that, at the time of the constitution of this city-state, the autonomous Jewish villages acceded of their free will to the confederal State, and recognized Muhammad as their supreme political head, implies in our opinion that the non-Muslim subjects possessed the right of votes in the election of the head of the Muslim State, at least in so far as the political life of the country was concerned. (Hamidullah, Introduction to Islam, paragraphs 414-416)
Shaykh 'Âlî Muhammad As-Sallâbî writes:
The constitution declared the freedom of all citizens - including the Jewish inhabitants of Al-Madeenah who lived under the banner of the Islamic nation, for one of the articles of the constitution explicitly stated: "To Muslims is their religion, and to Jews is their religion." And Allah said:
Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (Qur'an 2:256)
Islamic society was founded upon justice. In the newly-formed Muslim country, each individual, without having to spend any effort or money, was able to demand justice if he had been wronged. Islam made it obligatory upon those in authority to establish justice among people, without showing prejudice based on gender, language, cultural background, level of wealth, or status in society. [...]
The terms of the agreement that the Prophet [peace be upon him] made with the Jews of Al-Madeenah represented a major part of the hitherto discussed constitution. Under the terms of the constitution, Jews were guaranteed a free and noble life under the banner of the newly-formed Islamic country. They had the right to worship as they pleased, and they enjoyed not only prosperity and freedom, but also safety, for if anyone attacked them, Muslims were morally and legally bound to defend them. (As-Sallaabee, vol. 2, pp. 797-798, 847).
Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.