/* */

PDA

View Full Version : islam hijab, rassols time

khoshtip_uk
11-19-2006, 04:12 PM
hi guys,

1.were everyone wearing hijab in prophets time?? full or normal?
2.what about people who didnt want to wear hijab and htey were either muslim or none muslims, were they allowed to live in the land or told to leave the country !??!

does anybody know about it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
11-20-2006, 08:54 PM
:sl:
When the Prophet saws conveyed the command for veiling, no one disobeyed (the companions always use to obey every Islamic decree). We have the narration from Â'ishah rd in Sahîh Bukhârî that when the command was revealed, they immediately cut excess pieces of cloth from their clothes and covered themselves.

:w:

khoshtip_uk
11-21-2006, 01:05 AM
what about non-muslims who were living in the country did they had to wear hijab or not !!!!!! were they forced to leave the country if they didnt want to wear hijab ???

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-21-2006, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khoshtip_uk
what about non-muslims who were living in the country did they had to wear hijab or not !!!!!! were they forced to leave the country if they didnt want to wear hijab ???
No, they were not.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
soulsociety
11-21-2006, 01:49 PM
:sl:

The Prophet's wive's were completely covered, hijab plus niqab. Other Muslim women covered their hair and rest of their body.

People were tribal and some hardly wore any clothes, you know like in Africa those tribes and in South America? After the hijab verses women, free young Muslim women, so not all women, had to cover their chests and signifcant parts of the body and hair.

Cloth wasn't abundant as it is now, so even with hijab, you could tell a woman's figure easily, see her thigh etc.

Also, an eastern thing (Persia, India, China), if you were high class you did not show your women, high class women didn't show themselves. The poorer women and slaves had to go out and work and appear in public.

I also read somewhere that women would wear trousers because it covered the awarh better than a thobe/dress like garment, which could ride up etc.

Nisrin
11-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Macha allah !!

khoshtip_uk
11-21-2006, 06:46 PM
so why no none muslims can live in saudi or iran and not wear hijab , this is what suprises me.....

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-21-2006, 08:47 PM
so why no none muslims can live in saudi or iran and not wear hijab , this is what suprises me.....
Because in an Islamic society, there is a standard by which everyone must abide by for the benefit of the whole community. For example, in western societies no one is allowed to go wherever they want nude. Likewise, in an Islamic society everyone must abide by the public dress code when in the public sector because it is affecting everyone. When they are in private they can wear whatever they want and no one cares.

khoshtip_uk
11-21-2006, 08:49 PM
:muddlehea
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Because in an Islamic society, there is a standard by which everyone must abide by for the benefit of the whole community. For example, in western societies no one is allowed to go wherever they want nude. Likewise, in an Islamic society everyone must abide by the public dress code when in the public sector because it is affecting everyone. When they are in private they can wear whatever they want and no one cares.
why prophet didnt had such role at his time ?!!?!?

Nisrin
11-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Exactly, the same i want to say...

But brother Khosthip_uk, why are you asking those kind of questions?

Woodrow
11-21-2006, 09:41 PM
What I have found interesting is that the Clothing of the Muslims usually became adopted by both Muslims and Non-Muslims in Non-Islamic countries, with a large Muslim Population.

It is no Accident that the Traditional clothing of women in Lithuania, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Czechoslavakia, Hungary and many Russian States is very similar to the Clothing worn by Mid-Eastern Muslims. The simple fact is the clothing is practical and does give women a high level of protection and privacy.

Remember in those countries the clothing was selected by choice with no religious implications.

khoshtip_uk
11-22-2006, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nisrin
Exactly, the same i want to say...

But brother Khosthip_uk, why are you asking those kind of questions?
because im muslim and there are questiones which i never had them answered.if prophet allowed non muslim to live in country without wearing hijab, then there is no reason why non muslims in iran or saudi arabia should wear it, this is not good enough and its against our religion, i dont like people adding their custom or restriction to religion,

life is complicatd already and people are confused about religion and making issues of it alreay, someitme i feel some muslims are just doing things that should really be doing this is what hurts.

dont you guys think im right?, enforcing eveyone even non muslim to wear hijab???? not going to help anything ist???,

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-22-2006, 03:38 AM
:muddlehea

why prophet didnt had such role at his time ?!!?!?
Because they were not actually involved in the Muslim society though they were living under the rule of the Islamic state. Within their own quarters they do what they want.

Look at it this way - what kind of modesty muslim society would it be if you go outside and there are people walking around in their underwear or transparent clothing?! Obviously dress restrictions must be applied universally in the public sector. In the private sector they are free to abide by their own rules.

Regards

جوري
02-28-2007, 05:46 AM
I thought they wore cloaks back then, and the head cover sported by both men and women was to protect them from the harsh sun even pre-Islam? I read several passages to attest that people including Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) wore a cloak, also had one yellow armour?... ....

I had no idea people paraded semi naked?... This is the first I have heard of this!

I'd actually be interested in where you got your information about the clothes worn or not worn at that time....
thanks

NobleMuslimUK
03-05-2007, 05:43 PM
I doubt that people were walking around semi-naked, in the time of the Prophet PBUH. I heard an interesting Hadith the other day, I think Narrated by Aisha RA. The Prophet PBUH saw one of Aisha's RA niece, who had a thin cloth as hijab, the Prophet PBUH turned his face away. Aisha RA took that hijab and shred it and gave her a thicker one.
Also would like to add the thin cloth in those days was several times thicker than the degradingly thin clothes for females these days.
A woman can only expose her face, hands and feet in front of mahrems(relatives), in front of her husband she is allowed to expose everything, but when going out of the house, she must cover her face, hands and feet.

Natural
03-16-2007, 01:58 AM
hi guys,

1.were everyone wearing hijab in prophets time?? full or normal?
2.what about people who didnt want to wear hijab and htey were either muslim or none muslims, were they allowed to live in the land or told to leave the country !??!

does anybody know about it?
1. Yes, even Christians and Jews. I'm not sure what you mean by full or normal but most women were fully covered in the presence of strangers from my understanding.

2. I think it was a societial norm to cover regardless of your religion. I am not aware of any exiles of women because they refused to cover.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.