/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sayyid Qutb and Syed Abul A'la Maududi

Hijrah
11-20-2006, 03:14 AM
:sl:

These two are very popular writers, and I was just wondering why all the hate for them? What is in their writing that so many people call them takfeeris and neo-kharijites, I've been reading Fee Zilaal Al-Qur'aan and Tafheemul-Qur'aan and i never found such a thing so where is it in their writing that you would find something so deviant?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu_Sayfuddin
11-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Al-Salamu `alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah

These two are very popular writers, and I was just wondering why all the hate for them? What is in their writing that so many people call them takfeeris and neo-kharijites, I've been reading Fee Zilaal Al-Qur'aan and Tafheemul-Qur'aan and i never found such a thing so where is it in their writing that you would find something so deviant?
If you read the following Fatwaa, then you will see the errors of Sayid Qutb (rahimuhuAllah) regarding `Aqidah. He believed in Wahdatul Wujjud. And there are other errors like the abuse of prophet Musa (`alaihi sallam) and so on...

فتاوي علماء الدعوة السلفية على كتب سيد قطب البدعية

here is a list of all Fatawaa regarding Sayid Qutb.

فتاوي وردود علمية لمخالفات سيد قطب

And Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) knows best.

Hijrah
11-20-2006, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu_Sayfuddin
Al-Salamu `alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

If you read the following Fatwaa, then you will see the errors of Sayid Qutb (rahimuhuAllah) regarding `Aqidah. He believed in Wahdatul Wujjud. And there are other errors like the abuse of prophet Musa (`alaihi sallam) and so on...

فتاوي علماء الدعوة السلفية على كتب سيد قطب البدعية

here is a list of all Fatawaa regarding Sayid Qutb.

فتاوي وردود علمية لمخالفات سيد قطب

And Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) knows best.
If only I knew Arabic

Jameel
11-20-2006, 07:39 PM
what is wrong with sayyid qutb? alhamdolilah his book milestones is very good, the way in which he exposes the kufr, shrik and batil in man made systems is excellent. May allah accept him as a shaheed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijrah
11-20-2006, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jameel
what is wrong with sayyid qutb? alhamdolilah his book milestones is very good, the way in which he exposes the kufr, shrik and batil in man made systems is excellent. May allah accept him as a shaheed.
If you read Shaikh Abdul-Azeez Ahl Ash-Skaykh's book called Warning Against Extremism which you can find on salafimanhaj.com he says calling him a shaheed would be wrong but yea, I don't see what's wrong with Qutb either, in an audio posted on here known as heroes of Islam, one of them is Sayyid Qutb.

Jameel
11-20-2006, 07:46 PM
i would see him as a hero of islam, he has inspired the minds of many muslims.

Umm Safiya
11-21-2006, 09:12 AM

You can read his book Milestones from http://www.kalamullah.com/books.html

Hijrah
11-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks, I'd rather purchase the book though lol

`Abd al-Azeez
11-23-2006, 09:09 PM
I know alot of people don't like Molauna Maudoodi, they say he was an extremist type of person. I don't know much about him so I'm not commenting ;)

Hijrah
11-23-2006, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by `Abd al-Azeez
I know alot of people don't like Molauna Maudoodi, they say he was an extremist type of person. I don't know much about him so I'm not commenting ;)
lol, anyone's an extremist if they 'prohibit too much' even if they are right.

boriqee
12-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Shaykh Muqbil was asked

Question: Al-Ahdal said: “A summary of Tafseer Ibn Katheer can be found in the tafseer Fee Dhilaal-il-Qur’aan (of Sayyid Qutb).”
Answer: Then let him bring us ten or twenty hadeeths with their chains of narration in the tafseer Adh-Dhilaal. Or let him bring us one example of where (Sayyid Qutb) declares a hadeeth authentic or weak! And let him show us where the ‘Aqeedah of the Salaf is in the tafseer, Adh-Dhilaal. Rather, the majority of what is in Adh-Dhilaal is from the (individual) ideologies of Sayyid Qutb.
As for Tafseer Ibn Katheer, then Imaam Ash-Shawkaanee said about it: “His tafseer is from the best of tafseers, if not THE best.”
As-Suyootee said in “Tabaqaat-ul-Huffaadh”: “His tafseer is from the best of tafseers.”
He has interpreted the Qur’aan with the Qur’aan, and he has interpreted the Qur’aan with the Sunnah. He has interpreted the Qur’aan with the statements of the Salaf, and he has interpreted the Qur’aan with the Arabic language. Then he authenticated and weakened (reports) and mentioned which ahaadeeth had no basis (i.e. source). And he refuted those who use some of these ahaadeeth as proof (for their views) by showing that they are not authentic.
I remember when I was in Madeenah, one person, who was from the seniors amongst the Ikhwaan al-Mufliseen, told me that he advises the youth to read tafseer Adh-Dhilaal, and that it is better for them than Tafseer Ibn Katheer!
But these farces will soon die just as the books of Sa’eed Hawaa, which served the ideologies of the Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen, died. And the books of Salaah as-Saawee, which aid the ideologies of the Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen will soon die as well.
And ‘Abdullaah bin Faysal Al-Ahdal will die (i.e. his da’wah) – the one who launches attacks against Ahlus-Sunnah. And we say to him: “Where is your attack against the Sufis, who have transgressed so much so that they supplicate and seek assistance from other than Allaah? Have you called the people to destroy and demolish the shrines (graves) in al-Hawta, and in al-‘Aynaat, and those which are in Shihr itself?
So I must say: It is as if the Devil has deceived you. So it is as if you are prepared to (only) wage war against Ahlus-Sunnah. However, Ahlus-Sunnah give no importance to you. And if it were not that I were encouraged and requested by others to make a refutation against you, I would not have refuted you. This is since these words that come out from you are demented and have no worth whatsoever. So all praise be to Allaah, the Sunnah and good are both widespread. And the people do not look to and rely in (anyone) except Ahlus-Sunnah.
So your words will only increase the people in their trust and reliance in the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah. One time, when the Communists were in ‘Aden, one person from the inhabitants of ‘Aden said to me: “We came to love you before we even saw you.” So it was said to him: “How is that so?” He responded: “Because the Communists used to say to us: ‘There exists a people in Sa’adah who go to their slaves from behind when they want to pray’, so we knew that the Communists did not speak against anyone except for righteous people.”
The people know ‘Abdullaah Al-Ahdal and what he is upon from deviation and misguidance, so his words only serve to aid the Sunnah…

as for mawdoodee

http://al-ibaanah.com/articles.php?ArtID=83

here is a reply form a major scholar to another scholar who was sympathetic to Qutb

http://www.al-ibaanah.com/cms/pdf_files/15.pdf

I wish to have gone more in detail and how illogical it would be to view a nobody and a deviant to be from people whose work could be a form of encouragement, guidance, etc, despite the fact that all of ahlu-sunna are united upon the fact that the poor soul Sayyid Qutb rahimahullah is the father of modern day irhaab (terrorist) meaning all terrorist gain their ideological influenmce form this man.

so then you have these takfeeri propagators in the gown of salafiyyah who are unkharijizing their kharijiyyah.

asalamu alaikum

Hijrah
12-03-2006, 04:00 PM
but in his zilal he even forbids killing of women and children! He goes into a deep discussion about the ethics of war, how then can he be an influece of irhaab

waji
12-03-2006, 04:12 PM

Syed Abul Ala Maududi

:w:

boriqee
12-03-2006, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
but in his zilal he even forbids killing of women and children! He goes into a deep discussion about the ethics of war, how then can he be an influece of irhaab
actually I do know the variance between modern day irhaabiyeen and him, however the main ideological backbone surivives on the old 14 hundred year bida of "since they do not rule by the rule of ALlah, then they are kuffar, so fighting them is binding and to overthrow them is our mission. . This is the fuel of modern day irhaab, all oft hem poiting and taking their guidance in this issue straight back to this nobody may Allah forgive him for this ameen.

asalamu alaikum

Hijrah
12-04-2006, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-Izaaree
actually I do know the variance between modern day irhaabiyeen and him, however the main ideological backbone surivives on the old 14 hundred year bida of "since they do not rule by the rule of ALlah, then they are kuffar, so fighting them is binding and to overthrow them is our mission. . This is the fuel of modern day irhaab, all oft hem poiting and taking their guidance in this issue straight back to this nobody may Allah forgive him for this ameen.

asalamu alaikum
He believed that all kuffar should be fought until jizyah is taken from them, many scholars are of that view including Sheikh Abdullah Bin Muhammad Bin Humaid...

boriqee
12-12-2006, 08:32 AM
of course, but even with shaykh Abdullah Ibn Muhammad, Fawzaan, and even Imaam Muhammad Ibn Ibraheem
they all beleived that can only be rightfully done with a khaleefa, an Ameer.

And secondyl, they dont beleive this inabsolute terms, it is oppression to think of hem in this light, since after all if he kuffar ask for peace from us, we are obilgated with a clear obligation upon all three forms of shariah that mandates our granting it to them or for those whom we make a treaty whcih this issue deals directly into usool. That right there was the problem because Qutb had not an ounce of islamic knowledge yet took it upon himself to interpret the quraan despite the haq of
"Whoever interprets the quraan by himself will be rewarded hellfire even if he gets it right"

asalamu alaikum

Hijrah
12-13-2006, 11:40 PM
alright, I guess you're right then, I myself notice that he barely quotes from other qur'aanic ayahs and from the sunnah when giving tafseer like most people who do tafseer normally do and one particular part in surah al-baqarah where Allaah talks about how the israelites got transformed into apes and swine, he says it's figurative not literal

Link
12-21-2006, 03:19 PM
He had good political views. Unfortunately, his spirtual knowledge was not as good, and thus belittled some of God's most exalted Prophets (as).

He also valued his opinion too much in tafseer. I like his political view point and his tafseer in Quran regarding that, but that's about it.

But the main reason why some sunnis scholars went against him, was his severe criticism on Muawiya and Uthman. This is my opinion atleast.

ws

Re.TiReD
12-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm readin Sayyid Qutb's Milestones at the mo..aint got far but is there anything wrong in it? :?

abumusa
06-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Legal Verdict Regarding Sayyid Qutb
Ibn Jibreen
Article ID: 23 | 2063 Reads

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Office of the Presidency of Islamic Research and Legal
Verdicts

Question:
Some youth call Shaykh Sayyid Qutb a heretic and prohibit the reading of his books, and they say a similar statement regarding Hasan al-Banna, as they also say regarding some of the scholars that they are Khawarij. Their argument is that [they do this] in order to 'expose the errors [of these men] to the people,'. even though [these youth] are until now [only] students [of knowledge]. I hope for a response so that doubt may be removed from us and others, [and] so that this [phenomenon] will not spread.

Response:
All praise belongs to Allah alone. To proceed: It is impermissible to [unjustly] call the Muslims heretics or wicked as is evidenced by the statement of the Prophet SAW "Whoever says to his brother 'O enemy of Allah,' and he is not such but that it returns back to him." While in [another] hadith 'Whoever calls a Muslim an infidel it returns back to one of them.' While in another hadith: "A man passed by another while he was doing a sin and he said to him, 'By Allah, Allah will not forgive you.' So [Allah] said: 'Who is he who can pass judgment on my behalf that I will not forgive so and so, I have forgiven him and have nullified your deeds.'"

With this I say, Sayyid Qutb and Hasan al-Banna are among the scholars of the Muslims and among the people of da'wa. Allah has brought benefit by them and through them He has guided many people. They both have efforts [for Islam] which should not be denied. For this reason Shaikh Abdul-Aziz ibn Baz interceded on behalf of Sayyid Qutb when the order for his execution was given. [Ibn Baz] was gentle in his intercession, but President Gamal [Abdel Nasser] did not accept [Ibn Baz's] intercession, may Allah send upon him [i.e. Abdel Nasser] what he deserves. When both men [i.e Hasan al-Banna & Sayyid Qutb] were killed, each was referred
to as a martyr, as each was killed unjustly. This is borne witness to by those close [to them] as well as by the general public. As it was widely spread in the papers and books without anyone ever objecting. Moreover, the scholars have received their books [with acceptance]. No one has attacked them for more than the [last] twenty years. If some [heresy proceeded] from them, then [these mistakes] are
similar to an-Nawawi, as-Suyuti, Ibn al-Jawzi, Ibn 'Atiyah, al-Khatabi, al-Qastalani and the likes of many of them. I have read what Shaikh Rabi al-Madkhali has written in his refutation of Sayyid Qutb and I found that he has placed statements where they do not exist. For this reason Shaikh Bakr Abu Zaid, may Allah perserve him, refuted him. Likewise, [al-Madkhali's] unjust attacks of Shaikh 'Abdur-Rahman ['Abdul-Khaaliq] and his [twisting 'Abdur-Rahman 'Abdul-Khaaliq's words] in order to find errors which would make ['Abdur-Rahman 'Abdul-Khaaliq appear] misguided, even though [Shaikh Rabi] befriended him for a lengthy period of time and he never found any such errors [in the past].

And the eye of pleasure sees every fault insignificant,
But the eye of hatred always finds fault.

Dictated by
Abdullah ibn Abdur-Rahman ibn Jibreen
26/2/1417 AH

jzcasejz
06-24-2007, 06:58 PM
^ JazakAllaah Khayr Akhi. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
I'm readin Sayyid Qutb's Milestones at the mo..aint got far but is there anything wrong in it? :?
I read it aswell....and apparently...I can't find anything wrong with it..but that's just me. Best to leave it down to the scholars. ALLAHU A'LAM.

abumusa
06-24-2007, 07:01 PM
It is a great book.

One of the best. Make sure you read and pass to others Insha'Allah.

And remember we dont fear the blame of the blamers :)

asadxyz
06-26-2007, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-Izaaree

That right there was the problem because Qutb had not an ounce of islamic knowledge yet took it upon himself to interpret the quraan despite the haq of
"Whoever interprets the quraan by himself will be rewarded hellfire even if he gets it right"

asalamu alaikum
What is the Criteria where you think that now the person is capable to interpret the Quran ??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.