/* */

PDA

View Full Version : thread closed....

IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2006, 07:20 PM
:salamext:

Re: Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab - Seeking clarification

through this thread i gained much knowledge Alhamdulillaah and cool_jannah akhee you gotta give me your email, i need to know where you get your knowledge from !

I just wanted to ask if this can be put into the sects thread or anything, please i really need to know about this, i actually started really respecting Ibn Abdul Wahab due to the clarifications of that thread. I heard too many lies against him.

InshaAllah think about opening it again.

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-20-2006, 07:23 PM
salam

probably because it turned into a SUFI hate thread!!!

wasalam

Umar001
11-20-2006, 10:55 PM
I mean I dont know what people say about the Shaykh, but from the books I read that he authored, I dont see much problems in them, I mean of course Im not a scholar so there could be problems I wudnt see, but I mean most of it jus seems ayah and hadeeth

IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2006, 10:56 PM
i dont think theres anything bad about the sheikh, i just think his works been changed....

Allahu 'alam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-20-2006, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i dont think theres anything bad about the sheikh, i just think his works been changed....

Allahu 'alam
Fo real? What makes you think that?

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-20-2006, 11:06 PM
salam

theres nothing wrong with sheikhs its people jumping to conclusions of all sorts...worship sheikh...or having more love for our sheikh then Rasul[saw] when its all false claims!!!

wasalam

Pk_#2
11-20-2006, 11:58 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

you ppl are v talented, MashaAllah, i dint understand one bit of that thread :oS still don't!

BlissfullyJaded
11-21-2006, 03:17 AM
:sl:

The reason it was closed was this:
Anyway, People, please, stop going off topic. I was seeking Abdul Wahab's view, not your views on Sufism. If i was seeking your views, i would have said so in my original post.
I don't think people are capable of not going off topic and giving their own opinions. :-\

Malaikah
11-21-2006, 03:50 AM
:sl:

Bro I'm sure there is a thread already in the sects section of the forum, its called 'the ****** myth' or somethng dont know if it will help but check it uot anyway inshaallah.

SirZubair
11-21-2006, 08:24 AM
The thread was closed because of the reason that Sister Labibah has stated above. After 'W@h@bi-bashing' for such a long time, i've finally decided to have an open-fair-mind about the Salaf's and Abdul Wahab, after my Ustad/Teacher/Shaykh (Who happens to practise Tassawuf) gave me a lecture last week ( @ 2am in the morning!! ) about 'Groupie mentelaty' that some Sufis have ( *ahem* Salafs are not free of this :) ) and that we should not be at each others throats, that we have to learn to AGREE to DISAGREE... along with awhole lot more, but that sums it up anyway. So yeah, back on track, i finally decided to have an open mind, and what is the result? Sufi-Bashing.

Keep it up people.. You're doing a great job of convincing me that being a Salafi is the way to be. :-\

:salamext:
through this thread i gained much knowledge Alhamdulillaah and cool_jannah akhee you gotta give me your email, i need to know where you get your knowledge from !
Which reminds me, Cool_Jannah, Muhammed, i TRULY appreciate your input in that thread. Very helpful. May allah (swt) reward you.

I just wanted to ask if this can be put into the sects thread or anything, please i really need to know about this, i actually started really respecting Ibn Abdul Wahab due to the clarifications of that thread. I heard too many lies against him.
If the Mod's wish to re-open the thread, then so be it. I am all for the idea, as long as there is No Sufi Bashing, because if that childish behavior starts again, i will request for the thread to be Removed.

Abu Ibraheem
11-22-2006, 02:15 AM
Its good to have an open mind and the time to analyse these things. you will see through the smoke screens once you look deeper into this.

SirZubair
11-22-2006, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ibraheem
Its good to have an open mind and the time to analyse these things. you will see through the smoke screens once you look deeper into this.
I hope the Members of this forum would do the same when it comes to Tassawuf/Sufism. ( once again, i am not a sufi, i simply defend them where they are being wronged )

I won't post any links, and i won't lecture anyone (Today), all i will say is, keep an open mind.

Allah didn't say he loves the Self-Righteous, instead he said he loves the Righteous.

Kheir.

Wa'salaam

-Zubair

Abu Ibraheem
11-22-2006, 10:43 AM
In essence tazkiyah and tasaawuf is the same, its just the visiting shrines and acts of bidah that Salafiyah have a problem with. In most cases there criticism is right. The book for example purification of the heart by Hamza Yusuf is excellent, but the Salafiyah tend not to take from him simply because they view him as one of the ahlul bidah due to the loud & long dhickr that happens there at Zaytuna.Which was the very reason that dispute broke out on the intenet involving Yusuf Estes. I feel the best solution is to take the best flower from every garden, you dont have to pick a thorn if you dont want to.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-22-2006, 11:03 AM
^^ well said brother...

wsalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!