/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaving the Baby

Abu Ibraheem
11-22-2006, 04:49 PM
:sl:

catchy title eh? lol , change it if you please. I have a question, i have a daughter that was premature, we delayed shaving the hair for a month because of her smallness. We still have the hair today, we are unsure how to weigh it, we dont understand the rulings on this. So can somebody help us to turn hair to silver? thank you and wasalams.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sunflower
11-22-2006, 05:08 PM
as far as i no (but this maybe incorrect) u should weigh the hair and give that amount of gold to charity.....

- Qatada -
11-22-2006, 05:41 PM
:wasalamex

Fourthly:

Shaving the child’s head then anointing the child’s head with saffron is very beneficial. Then it is prescribed to give in charity gold or silver equal in weight to the hair. This does not have to be done by actually weighing the hair; if it is too difficult to do that, it is sufficient to estimate the weight and give paper currency equivalent to the price of that amount of gold or silver. We ask Allaah to protect us and our children from all evil and to keep them safe and sound in this world and in the Hereafter.

May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...0born%20silver

Abu Ibraheem
11-22-2006, 10:30 PM
:sl:

Thank you, we would like to literally traslate the hair into gold, is there any parents that know about this mas'alah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karimeldib
12-06-2006, 09:36 AM
what do you mean "would like to literally traslate the hair into gold"?

Abu Ibraheem
12-06-2006, 04:21 PM
weighing th hair on scales and then determining its weight in Gold , i dont know how to do it and i dont know the value of gold

One Man Army
12-06-2006, 04:23 PM
if the baby was not ment to have hair, wouldnt it be born bold?

Abu Ibraheem
12-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Excuse me, i dont mean to be rude, but its a practice of my religion to shave the neborns head and give the weight of the hair away in charity. If you dont like the idea of that open another thread, but please dont continue to hassle this thread as i only want to find the information i want to receive, i couldnt care less how politically incorrect you may think this pratice to be. Its not a stupid question, the question is a valid one. However, not this thread please. peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.