/* */

PDA

View Full Version : bros' room

schoolmaster54
11-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Assalam-u alaikum,
I'd like to enter brothers' room but unfortunately I can't. How can I manage it? Can you help me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
11-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Reach 100 posts and then you can apply. Once you apply, your application will be considered.

Sabbir_1
11-22-2006, 10:10 PM
thats a stupid rule, no wonder there aint that many people posting there.

Muhammad
11-22-2006, 10:13 PM
:sl:

The rule is necessary to provide some way of verifying whether a person is a brother or a sister. Btw, I don't think you can see how many people post there if you are not a member there.

It's not as hard as it sounds anyway!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_slave of Allah
11-22-2006, 10:28 PM
i have reached 100 and over i applied there several times but i am still not allowed to get in

H4RUN
11-22-2006, 10:36 PM
LOLLL i would say RACISM, PREJUDICE, but hey thas moi:D erm apply again:p try the bro's room this time lol
:w:

Pk_#2
11-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Tsk tsk, the sisters room is NEVER like dis,

buh no sowi u int getin in there!

hahaha

Peace!

-Shakirah-
11-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Is it the same for the sisters room? cos it said i was approved, then wen i went in, nothing was posted there!

Muhammad
11-22-2006, 10:54 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_slave of Allah
i have reached 100 and over i applied there several times but i am still not allowed to get in
Try applying again Insha'Allaah. At the moment, it does not show that you have applied for access.

Ali_slave of Allah
11-22-2006, 11:28 PM
i did appy it now

BlissfullyJaded
11-23-2006, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Shakirah-
Is it the same for the sisters room? cos it said i was approved, then wen i went in, nothing was posted there!

Your application would not have been approved. You need to reach 100 posts first.

Remember, having 100 posts does not guarantee you'll be approved access to the gender rooms. It is simply a means of us judging whether you should or should not be let in. :)

schoolmaster54
11-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Thank you for your kind reply, Sister Labibah. I hope my application will be approved. I'd like to be beneficial for Muslims and Muslimahs. I teach English in Turkey. I'm a 52 year old man. I want Islam ot be spred all over the world. :thankyou:

lolwatever
11-23-2006, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by schoolmaster54
Thank you for your kind reply, Sister Labibah. I hope my application will be approved. I'd like to be beneficial for Muslims and Muslimahs. I teach English in Turkey. I'm a 52 year old man. I want Islam ot be spred all over the world. :thankyou:
yeh its easy to pass, it's a 3 hour exam and even zakiyyah passed it.. if she can im sure bros can :okay:

Pk_#2
11-23-2006, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

The rule is necessary to provide some way of verifying whether a person is a brother or a sister. Btw, I don't think you can see how many people post there if you are not a member there.

It's not as hard as it sounds anyway!
das kinda silly, i can be a brother, what am i chatting about i am a brother!

who changed my gender :s

lolwatever
11-23-2006, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
das kinda silly, i can be a brother, what am i chatting about i am a brother!

who changed my gender :s

das a qusetion i'm always asking :offended:

Muhammad
11-23-2006, 10:40 AM

I said the rule provides some way, not that it is a 100% foolproof method. Surely it is better to ask someone to stay and display some kind of character that helps us make a more informed decision about them, rather than granting access to absolutely anyone that asks? Anyhow, there is always the risk, and as Moderators we do what we think is the safest thing for all.

schoolmaster54
11-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Thank you, brother. I will wait.

Umm Safiya
11-23-2006, 12:00 PM

The rule is good.. Tasmiyah, would you like it, if bro's could easily get access to our section, by just applying when they sign up.. :heated: No thanks..

There are many rules on this forum - but it is also the best organized forum on the net.. Just my opinion.. :D

schoolmaster54
11-23-2006, 01:01 PM
You'll try me. Surely, when you abide me, you will let me. I understand you, sisters. There may be manl ill-purposed men amongst the muslims.

Grace Seeker
12-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Is the brother's room just for brothers in Islam, or can any brother apply?

Far7an
12-05-2006, 04:13 PM
It's for Muslim brothers.

Woodrow
12-05-2006, 04:16 PM
It is just for Muslims. I know that sounds biased, but remember this is an Islamic forum and parts of it need to be free for discussions among Muslims only.

I do not know all the reason's the Admins made it that way. But to me that seems to be the best way to keep it from breaking down into arguements over religion.

Pk_#2
12-05-2006, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Something

The rule is good.. Tasmiyah, would you like it, if bro's could easily get access to our section, by just applying when they sign up.. :heated: No thanks..

There are many rules on this forum - but it is also the best organized forum on the net.. Just my opinion.. :D
AsalamuAlaykum,

couldn't care less, they'd get bored of all......da....y'know :)

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 04:35 PM
:salamext:

Islam is the key to opening the door to the brothers room, want to enter? ;)

Grace Seeker
12-05-2006, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is just for Muslims. I know that sounds biased, but remember this is an Islamic forum and parts of it need to be free for discussions among Muslims only.

I do not know all the reason's the Admins made it that way. But to me that seems to be the best way to keep it from breaking down into arguements over religion.
No problem.

After all, we Christians have our secret handshake and code word by which we can recognize one another all over the world. (Oh, and I got some swamp land in Florida for sale too. :okay: )

Really, it's doesn't bother me. I was just asking.

Grace Seeker
12-05-2006, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

Islam is the key to opening the door to the brothers room, want to enter? ;)
Thanks, but us Christians aren't allowed to join secret societies. ;)

Tania
12-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Can non muslim women apply for access in the bro forum:? Only in specific threads, not in every threads off course :-[

Muhammad
12-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Greetings,

No, they can only apply in the 'mixed female section'. I don't think it's possible to view only some threads and not all in a section.

Tania
12-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Greetings
Thank you. I understand. I just tried :-[ I didn't want to see the whole section...May be will have a one day open door bro forum..

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-05-2006, 09:05 PM
why would u want 2 go in 2 broz room lol :p

Tania
12-05-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
why would u want 2 go in 2 broz room lol :p
For the bro gossip on the women topic. I would really like to read how they are talking about women when are not women there, so ..how to say..they speak free about women. :giggling:

schoolmaster54
12-11-2006, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
For the bro gossip on the women topic. I would really like to read how they are talking about women when are not women there, so ..how to say..they speak free about women. :giggling:

It is not good for muslim brothers to speak to foreign girls alone. Do you understand me?

Tania
12-11-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by schoolmaster54
It is not good for muslim brothers to speak to foreign girls alone. Do you understand me?
First of all i didn't want to speak in the bro's room. Only to read their comments made on women subject. That was all. Men talk.
Second i found out their topic is not soo funny how i thought it is and i give up at my subscription. I don't want anymore to read the threads.

glo
01-27-2007, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Is the brother's room just for brothers in Islam, or can any brother apply?
At request from non-Muslim women who wanted to be able to discuss topics with Muslims sisters, which may not be permitted in the general section, the mods set up a 'mixed-female-section', which can be accessed by Muslimahs and non-Muslims women. It is still separate from the rest of the sister's section, but it gives us a private space to have 'female' discussions.

Perhaps something similar can be set up for the men.

peace

Woodrow
01-27-2007, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
First of all i didn't want to speak in the bro's room. Only to read their comments made on women subject. That was all. Men talk.
Second i found out their topic is not soo funny how i thought it is and i give up at my subscription. I don't want anymore to read the threads.
Us men have much more important things than women to talk about.

Haven't you ever heard of Football and fishing?

Tania
01-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Thats really interesting :uhwhat . I always wondered where are hide this threads. ^o)

glo
01-27-2007, 04:13 PM

LOL

Would it be approriate for a woman to be privy of such conversations? :uuh:

Tania
01-27-2007, 04:48 PM

What about to discuss how much should spend a husband on his wife needs and whats really important for the house. Sample: a new laptop for the husband or the wife to have the basics needs solved (like something which should keep the order in her room).

Pk_#2
01-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Footballs understandable but fishing :hiding::muddlehea

:threadclo *close it, this threads tempting me to join the bro's section*

- Qatada -
01-27-2007, 05:32 PM

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.