/* */

PDA

View Full Version : preset header/footer?

lolwatever
11-23-2006, 06:33 PM
salamz guys
is there a way to make like a preset header and footer in my messages?
so when i make a new reply i'd already hav :sl: n :w: already in my post so all i hav 2do is type in bewteen?

jazaks :D

salamz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
11-23-2006, 06:35 PM
You lazy boy.

BlissfullyJaded
11-24-2006, 12:02 AM
:sl:

I don't think there is such a feature. It really is a lot to type out ":sl :" innit.

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 12:03 AM
yeh sis it is, takes so many kilojoules of energy :exhausted

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Ibraheem
11-24-2006, 12:04 AM
thats a good idea .

on a side note my bunny dominates :D

Malaikah
11-24-2006, 05:03 AM

LOL!!! Talk about lazy!!!

syilla
11-24-2006, 05:08 AM
good idea...

maybe if we already set in our profile that we are a muslim...then it is automatically there is a salam.

but how are we going to be sure that you are giving a sincere salam if you do not take out your kilojoules to give salam to us :p

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

LOL!!! Talk about lazy!!!
no its not :anger: considering i make 300 posts a day it drains my fingers energy :raging:

:w:

i guess i can do it afterall :statisfie :hiding:

Al-Zaara
11-24-2006, 09:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
good idea...

maybe if we already set in our profile that we are a muslim...then it is automatically there is a salam.

but how are we going to be sure that you are giving a sincere salam if you do not take out your kilojoules to give salam to us :p
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever

i guess i can do it afterall :statisfie :hiding:

Case closed.

"Though lolly, aka lolwatever, seems to be a lazy (?) person, he has decided that the world needs his sincere salaams and will now continue to use his kilojoules for this purpose, regardless of the pain it may cause him." [Honestly: he needs every good deed he can get, and we know that.]

:D :sl: :D

Malaikah
11-24-2006, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
[Honestly: he needs every good deed he can get, and we know that.]

We all do, dont we? I wonder if we get more good deeds if we type out the longer salam? lol

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 11:55 AM

We all do, dont we? I wonder if we get more good deeds if we type out the longer salam? lol
salamz
i need it the most coz of all the hatred i hav against LI bullies :raging:

ws wr w b

Al-Zaara
11-24-2006, 11:56 AM

Maybe? :D Worth a try at least.
I actually do read the salaams of others and even those of mine. :p

Abu Ibraheem
11-24-2006, 03:01 PM
no its not considering i make 300 posts a day it drains my fingers energy
i agree . Salam everytime we make a post can be a bit of a tedious thing, especially on fast replies

lolwatever
11-24-2006, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ibraheem
i agree . Salam everytime we make a post can be a bit of a tedious thing, especially on fast replies
I just figured out a fast workflow... when u reply, just click on the two salams... and then press left arrow to move in between them, then press enter, and start typin :D

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 12:03 AM

:uuh:

Someone is taking this too far.:rollseyes

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:04 AM
^ soon i intend to write a lil program that does it for me inshalah :D

:p

syilla
11-25-2006, 12:30 AM

^^^he is getting kind of weird :rolleyes:

:p

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:31 AM

getting:? i thought i always was :p

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 12:33 AM

LOL syilla... ;D ;D (more than just kinda weird :uuh:)

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:39 AM
yeh i might be more than 'kinda weird'... but u can't get weirder than being a talking cheese :offended:

lol on more srs note.... i got an idea 4 admins... u know the php file that defines this wysiwyg editor? (the box where ut ype in ur replies), all they hav 2do is just insert the salam and 'ws' in there, and so ull always hav it appearing when ppl reply..... .non muslims cna just delete it. so ya :)

salamz

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 03:33 AM
this wysiwyg editor?

Is that a typo? :?

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 03:36 AM

Is that a typo? :?
lol nope (sl can't be that bad lol)

wysiwyg --> What You See Is What You Get :D

the text box you type ur LI reply in.. is called wysiwyg coz it lets u preview ur posts n stuff... other forum dont hav that feature (u need to use 'html' code to make the text bold n all that... which is a pain...)

salamz

snakelegs
11-25-2006, 03:38 AM
off topic
do muslims find it offensive when a non-muslim greets them with salam?

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
off topic
do muslims find it offensive when a non-muslim greets them with salam?
lol personally no... but i think Muslims reply with 'wa alaikum' or perhpas that was only in the case of the jew who told the prophet 'asAAM alaikum' (which meant 'death unto you') so he replied with 'wa alaikum' (and to you too) lol

:D

BlissfullyJaded
11-25-2006, 03:51 AM

In all cases, when a non Muslims says salaam to us, we reply with wa alaikum. :)

Anyways, wait for brother kadafi and the other admins to see this, and they'll do whatever has to be done if its possible in VB. :)

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 03:55 AM

I never understood what was the difference between saying just wa alaikum instead of the full reply? Doesnt it imply the same thing in the end? :?

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 03:57 AM

I never understood what was the difference between saying just wa alaikum instead of the full reply? Doesnt it imply the same thing in the end? :?
wa alaikum asalaam is more special ;) and wa alaikum means that ur returnign to them whatever they intended to say to you. whether its death or salam lol.

Tania
11-25-2006, 05:37 AM
I think you should type the whole greeting like Wa'alaekum Assalam every time, not only wa salam :-[

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 05:38 AM
lol you're perfectly correct! :) thanks alot! will do from now on if i dont use the :sl: preset :D

Tania
11-25-2006, 05:45 AM
Ohh but if you use preset thats spare a lot of energy :)
Etiquette
Should we use also Greetings in the beginning of our posts :? because is kind impolite if you are greeting us and we are not replying :?

snakelegs
11-25-2006, 05:48 AM
lol personally no... but i think Muslims reply with 'wa alaikum' or perhpas that was only in the case of the jew who told the prophet 'asAAM alaikum' (which meant 'death unto you') so he replied with 'wa alaikum' (and to you too) lol

:D
shows that he had a sense of humour.

Far7an
11-26-2006, 12:58 PM

You lazy bunch, next you'll be asking for a program which reads your mind and you won't need to type up your own posts!

About us having it there by default, there are some that don't prefer to use the smileys, and prefer to write it out. And like you said, the non-Muslims wouldn't use it either.

I'll direct kadafi to this thread (when he comes online) and see what he says inshaa'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.