/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any Dawah Training forum section

Mateen
11-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Assalam-o-alaikum.

Just wanted to bring your notice as to how we can improve the forum.

We Muslims { most of us} do not have knowledge as to how we can talk to a non-muslim regarding Dawah.

There are a lot of dawah programs by Ahmed Deedat and Zakir Naik which can be used and create better ways to communicate with non-muslims.

If we start a new section called Dawah Training Section and arm ourselves with the best knowledge then it would be easier.

Just Google Video search for the above 2 names gave me many vidoes and I found very useful. I now know the basic flaws in other religions.

Just my 2 cents.

Wassalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
11-25-2006, 11:06 AM
:sl:

Jazakalllahu khayr for this thread. It certainly is important to learn how to speak with non-Muslims and how to present Islam in a good and proper way.

I do agree that knowing about other religions helps us to understand the people we talk to and where to target our discussions, but at the same time we need to be careful not to focus on picking out mistakes; da'wah is also about showing the goodness in our own religion and simply teaching others what Islam is.

Mateen
11-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Asslam-o-alaikum Brother Mohammad,

In addition to clearing up misconceptions will it not be better as to tell them how they are wrong? And how they might have gone wrong!!
If I find anything useful as a teaching material for muslims shall I post it in the Comparative religious forum section.?

Wassalam.

Abu Ibraheem
11-25-2006, 12:59 PM
It will be good to direct him to the thread with the Dawah course downlaod which was created Fisabilillahi i will just try to find it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Ibraheem
11-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Salaams bro see this link http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ighlight=dawah

Mateen
11-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Salam,

Thanks Brother.

Wassalam.

Muhammad
11-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

format_quote Originally Posted by Mateen
In addition to clearing up misconceptions will it not be better as to tell them how they are wrong? And how they might have gone wrong!!
It is certainly one way of giving da'wah; all I am saying is that we need to know when it is appropriate or at least how to go about it. We don't want to seem like we are offending the other person, but when explaining why we don't believe the same as them and differences between us, that is different :).

snakelegs
11-26-2006, 01:11 AM
i agree with muhammad.
when you tell people that their religion is flawed, you alienate and offend them to begin with. who wants to hear that - would you?
there is no need to use that approach - point out the beauty of islam, the similarities and the differences its importance in your life, etc.
just my kaffir 2 cents.

zanjabeela
11-26-2006, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i agree with muhammad.
when you tell people that their religion is flawed, you alienate and offend them to begin with. who wants to hear that - would you?
there is no need to use that approach - point out the beauty of islam, the similarities and the differences its importance in your life, etc.
just my kaffir 2 cents.
imsad Everybody's two cents should have the same value, inshaAllah. MashaAllah, good advice, sister-in-humanity snakelegs.

Mateen
11-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Salam,

Thanks for the responses.

Better get to pray like crazy.

Wassalam.

Umar001
11-27-2006, 03:55 PM
I can at least say I learned one thing in this thread, lol that snakes with legs is a sister lol.

But for real I think that it would be wise to ask different people from here how da'wah helped them embrace Islaam, what they found drew them closer to Islaam, what part of the daee's talk has stuck in their mind, what they found useful.

Also another thing is that a Muslim should be able to know who he is talking to and how he should talk to that person. For example, you have people are 'academical' and study things and they might benefit from an approach through which you discuss the points of preservation of the Quran and Bible and so forth, and others where they are more emotionally based wher you might just discuss the Mercy in the Qu'ran and Sunnah and so forth.

Peep the campaign section, Im looking for some passages to put leaflets together with.

- Qatada -
11-27-2006, 03:56 PM
:wasalamex

In Da'wah we call to 3 aspects insha'Allaah :) :

1) Tawhid (Oneness of Allaah, His Lordship, none is worthy of worship but Him, His Names & Attributes.)

2) Risaalah - Prophets/Messengers.

3) Al-Aakhirah. [The Hereafter - judgement day, paradise/hellfire]

Like brother Kamal el Makki said, don't attack the other persons faith because they will hold onto the dirt in their hand tighter, instead show them your diamond (of islaam) and they will drop the dirt to hold the diamond instead insha'Allaah. :)

And like brother Muhammad al-Shareef said: Build a wall for them first [of islaam] then they will realise the weakness of their own wall, so they will seek protection under yours because they understand its true security and strength.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

- Qatada -
11-27-2006, 04:00 PM
:salamext:

Good thread btw bro :) i really wanted a thread like this where we could share da'wah tips.. barak Allaahu feekum :)

Here's some beneficial links for dawah insha'Allaah:

http://www.beconvinced.com/

http://www.thewaytotruth.org/

matobosha
12-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Muhammad..the Ayah you quoted really touched me I had a difficult problem this week and I thank Allah to have made me overcome it without any problem

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.