/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please Translate If Possible..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-27-2006, 03:25 PM
:sl:

This is Ibn Qayyim's Haadi al-Arwaah ilaa Bilaad il-Afraah in arabic. I know it is very long :-\ , but i would be very greatful if someone can please translate this into english.

Download:
http://www.almeshkat.net/books/open.php?cat=26&book=715

Click on the Microsoft Word icon and it will download.

Alternate:
http://download.yousendit.com/7444F0FC3F9A02CB

I know its very long. As much of it is fine...Jazakallah khair. :-\

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
11-27-2006, 04:24 PM
You're looking to have it by a certain time bro?

Dont they have this in English?

amirah_87
11-27-2006, 04:31 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Unforutantely I tried to download it, but I don't have that Winzip Programme!

I doubt they have it in english, ta3rifeen as-sites mithl haadhaa! :rollseyes

Mawaddah
11-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Ah I see...... Well my internet connection is pretty bad too right now so I can't download it to have a look at it.

No probs, I will have a look at it and see if I can do it.....I hope the bro doesn't need it by a certain time though :uhwhat

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-27-2006, 08:25 PM

Dont worry, there is no set time. This is just for my own reading Insha'Allah. Here is the word document. Take all your time Insha'Allah...its quite long..

http://download.yousendit.com/F71E8DE767D73425

Jazakallah Khair..

:w:

Mawaddah
11-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Whoa! That's alot.

It sure is going to take some time no doubt about that.

What do you say if I post it piece by piece as I do it?

Or should I just wait until I complete the whole thing before posting...

Alhamdulillah though, Ibn al-Qayyims Arabic is amazingly clear..should be no problem besides the wait :).

Rabbi Yassir Ameen.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-28-2006, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Whoa! That's alot.

It sure is going to take some time no doubt about that.

What do you say if I post it piece by piece as I do it?

Or should I just wait until I complete the whole thing before posting...

Alhamdulillah though, Ibn al-Qayyims Arabic is amazingly clear..should be no problem besides the wait :).

Rabbi Yassir Ameen.
Maybe you and sister Amirah can split it up if she agrees?

Either way for posting is fine, whatever you find easy for you Insha'Allah.

No pressure, honestly, take your time, Insha'Allah :-\

Jazakallah Khair. :)

Mawaddah
11-28-2006, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Maybe you and sister Amirah can split it up if she agrees?

Either way for posting is fine, whatever you find easy for you Insha'Allah.

No pressure, honestly, take your time, Insha'Allah :-\

Jazakallah Khair. :)
I dont know Wallahi because at the moment she's busy with another translating project....

I'll ask her though Insha'allah.

BlissfullyJaded
11-28-2006, 02:12 AM

I enjoyed the khutbah translation. Your translations are very good mashaAllah sis. :thumbs_up

May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) reward you and sis amirah in this world and in the hereafter for your benefit to the Ummah. Ameen.

Mawaddah
12-06-2006, 10:03 PM

I'm sorry I couldnt' come back sooner. My internet was down and so I didn't have much access to LI. Here's just a fraction of what I did already. I want to reread and correct whatever more I did before I put it up insha'allah.

حادي الأرواح إلى بلاد الأفراح

ابن قيم الجوزية

Haadi al-Arwaah Ilaa Bilaad al-Afraah

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

All praise is to Allah who created Jannatul Firdaus as a dwelling for the Believers amongst His servants, and made it easy upon them the performance of those Good Deeds which enables them to attain it so that no other than it shall they seek and with humbleness do they tread the path which leads to it.

He created it for them before He created them, and He made it as their dwelling place before He brought them into existence. He surrounded it with adversities and then sent them into Daar al-imtihaan (Dwelling of tests) So that He may test them as to which one of them is best in Deeds. He appointed the time of its entrance to be on that Day when they will all come forth unto Him and He made appointed the time in which His servant shall make this fading life as an abode. He promised for them that which no eye has seen and which no ear has heard about and which no heart of mankind can perceive.

So highly was this place exalted by him that His servants began to perceive it with keen insight, such insight being more effective (in causing them to strive) than if it (Jannah) was to be seen by the naked eye. He gave them glad tidings about all that which He has prepared for them within it thru the tongue of his Messenger (peace be upon him) .Verily it was the best of glad tidings brought to us on the tongue of the best of messengers.Allah further completed their happiness by decreeing it to be the dwelling in which they will forever abode; nothing other than it shall they seek.
All praise be to Allah the Originator of the heavens and the earth, Who made the angels messengers, and Who dispatched unto us messengers bringing glad tidings and warnings So that no excuse can mankind bring after the Messengers have reached them.

He did not create them out mere folly nor did He leave them neglected (i.e. in not taking them into account for their deeds) Rather He created them for a great purpose and He prepared them for a weighty matter. For them He has prepared two different dwellings, one for he who answered the call of the Messenger and did not seek another deity in worship besides his Merciful Lord, and one for he who did not answer the call and did not pay it any heed and did not give it a thought.

All praise is to Allah who accepts from His servants those Deeds which are easy to perform and forgives His servants for those acts which are committed in error and showered upon them His Ni’mah and made mercy incumbent upon Himself. For Verily within the book which was written by Him are inscribed the words: His mercy exceeds His anger.

He called His servants towards Heaven and encompassed them all with his Call, proof from Him against them and an act of justice towards them.
He chose those whom He pleased to be bestowed with Tawfiq and Hidayah, a sure blessing from Him and a sign of His Justness and Hikmah (wisdom), He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. That is his graciousness which He bestows unto whom He wishes And Allah is the Owner of Magnificent Rewards. I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah and He has no partner, (this is) the testimony which has been uttered by His slaves and the sons of His slaves, And I bear witness that Muhammad is his slave and messenger he has been entrusted with his revelation and he chose him from amongst all of his creation and sent him as a mercy for mankind, Calling towards Paradise and as a guide for all creation and an example for his followers showing the right path to those who seek to follow and as proof for mankind.

He sent him calling towards the fulfillment of oaths and He was a follower of Allahs book and a striver towards Allahs pleasure. He was a commander of that which is good and a forbidder of that which is Evil. Allah sent him after a period of messengers and thru him was people guided towards the best of paths and the most clear of ways. Allah has made compulsory upon his slaves to obey and love him (Muhammad), to honor him and respect him and fulfill their rights towards him. He has blocked all the ways to Jannah and made it inaccessible to all except those who follow his (Muhammad’s) way. If People were to come from every path and requested entry (into Jannah) from every door it would not be opened for them until they are assembled behind Him (Muhammad) and were followers of his minhaj and trod his path.

All praise is to Allah who opened his (Muhammads) heart and rid him off all evil and exalted his mention and made humiliation and defeat befall all those who opposed his command. He called unto Allah and unto The Jannah in secret and in manifest, he spread it (Allahs word) between the Ummah day and night until the ray of Islam manifested and the Light of Iman radiated and The Word of Allah was glorified and the Callings of Shaytaan were proved to be futile and the light of Muhammads message brightened the earth after darkness had befallen it and Hearts became as one after they had been scattered and disintegrated.
Time took on a delightful outlook and Darkness turned into light and all who were in confusion were lead to guidance. Thru him (Muhammad) Did Allah complete His bestowance of grace and scattering of mercy amongst His creation.
He conveyed the message of his Lord and counseled his Lords servants in His religion and strove for Allah’s cause. He was given the choice between remaining in this world and meeting his Lord, and so chose to meet his Lord out of his Love for him and his yearning to meet him. So Allah took him unto Himself and placed him in the Rafeeq al-A’laa, the most elevated of places and the most brilliant.
He (Muhammad) has left his Ummah upon that which is clear and upon clear evidence, and upon this path trod his Companions and his followers until they then were bestowed with bountiful gardens, But for those who loved this Dunya they strayed away from His path until it led them towards the Hellfire, Destroyed are the ones who turned away from the truth and Victorious are the ones who paid heed, and Verily Allah is All-seer, All-knower. The prayers and blessings of Allah and his angels and messengers and prophets and his believing servants are upon him. Just As how he singled out Allah in worship and informed us about Allah and called unto Him.

To Proceed:

Verily Allah did not create His creation out of mere folly, and He did not leave them unattended for, Rather He created them for a magnificent purpose and a mighty matter. He offered Amanah (trust, obligation) to the heavens and the earth and the mountains but they declined to bear it and were afraid of it (Allahs punishment) And they said to Him “O our Lord If you order us to undertake it then we will follow you in all obedience but if you give us a choice then we seek your pardon and mercy and none other than that do we desire”.

Therefore Man in all of his weakness and shortcomings undertook it then fell short of many of its requirements and immersed himself deeper into his oppression and ignorance. Many of them threw away the responsibilities required of them as it was a burden for them and they sought instead the companionship of this world with the likeness of cattle. These people do not seek to learn more of the One who brought about their existence and His rights over them, nor do they seek to understand the reason of their existence and the reason they were expelled to this World which is merely a pathway and road towards the dwelling of eternity. They do not think about the insignificance of this fleeting life and they do not think about how quickly they pass thru towards the Aakhirah which is a dwelling of forevermore. They have been seized by the spur of the moment and their senses have departed them and ignorance and stupidity has engulfed them and their false desires have misled them

Their expectations (of this world) has deceived them and Evil deeds has seized possession of their hearts enticing them to indulge in the delights of this world and fall prey to the desires of the soul, so much (is this desire) that they grapple for it (the dunya) and seek to attain it, no matter which way it is to be achieved. If there appear to them the delights of this world they put at risk their Afterlife as they fly towards it in groups and alone. If there appears to them worldly goods they do not discard it in preference of Allah Rewards, but they are conscious only of that which is visible to them in this Dunya, and of the Hereafter they are unaware. They forgot Allah and so He forgot them, verily they are the Hypocrites.

And how amazing is this ignorance of mankind pertaining to these few limited moments of which he lives in this world! Not one breath which he intakes is of any significance. If he departs from this world it is to never return. The hours of the night and day hurries by him and not a thought does he give to where he will be taken and carried towards, a journey swifter undertaken than the speed of a mounted messenger. He does not know to which one of the two dwellings (hellfire, paradise) he will be taken to. As the time of death draws closer to him, his greatest fears are the weakening of his body and the sight of his worldly delights slipping away!!…No remorse does he feel because of his previous sins and negligence in preparing anything during his lifetime for his death!! And finally when the seriousness of the affair of which he is faced dawns upon him he will try to defend himself by declaring his belief in Allahs forgiveness. He will say “But He has informed us that He is the most-Forgiving, Most merciful!” It is as if he had not been informed also that Allahs Punishment is a Punishment of severe pain!

Chapter:

And when the successful ones knew the reason behind their existence and what was expected from them, they raised their heads in heed. When they knew that Jannah has been raised for them they briskly prepared themselves towards gaining it. They saw that the Straight path leading towards it has been made clear for them and so they were steadfast upon it. They saw the stupidity in trading that which no eye has seen and what no ear has heard about and what no heart of a man can conceive, for a place which will cease to exist. Verily this place is but like a confusion of dreams, or like a vision which one visits in his dream, a muddled mixture of disappointing events. If one laughs a little he will then cry a great deal. If he is happy one day he will then experience grief for months. The pains of this world are far more than the luxuries and the Sorrows are multiple times more than the Joys. He has fears in this world and he has anxieties, but the life of the Aakhirah is harmonious.

How amazing it is then that we perceive the foolish man as a gentle person, and the feeble minded person as one who is Intelligent!
They (the misled) are the ones who reap the bounties of this unlasting despicable place and hold it higher in regard than the priceless bounties which are everlasting (Aakhirah). He sold a Paradise whose width is the distance of the Heavens and the Earth in return for a narrow prison infested with diseases and trials. He traded the luxurious homes placed in Jannah with rivers flowing beneath for narrow hovels which will one day be diminished to ruins and destruction. He exchanged the Companiable Virgins who resemble pearls and rubies for women who have impurities and are of evil traits. He traded the Hoor of Jannah who are guarded in pavilions for the foulmouthed filthy women of human race. He exchanged the flowing rivers of Wine delicious to those who drink for a Drink which is Najis (filthy); it does away with the senses and destructs ones Dunya and Deen. He traded the delight of seeing the face of the Most Exalted, the Most Merciful in favor of seeing the blamed and abhorrent faces of mankind. He traded the delight of listening to the speech of the All-Gracious in place of listening to stringed instruments and songs and melodious tunes. Similarly he traded sitting on thrones of Pearls and chrysolite and rubies on the Day of bounty, in favor of attending the gatherings of the hypocrites, of being in the company of Every Rebellious Devil. He forgoes the calling of the caller: “O inhabitants of Jannah! Verily today you will live in luxury and you will never despair. You will live forever more and never die and you will inhabit (Jannah) and will never be made to leave. You will stay young and never grow old”, In favor of listening to the songs of the singers.

To be continued Insha'allah........

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-07-2006, 01:50 AM

Subhanallah. Just read through it. Masha'Allah that is an excellent translation.

And Subhanallah, these are words to ponder on :cry:

amirah_87
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

MashaAllah alayki Maw, Saheeeh! That's really good. ;)

I'll be helping out Bi'idhnillah once i'm finished with the ones that I have.

Allah Ma'akum

syilla
12-07-2006, 10:08 AM
How amazing it is then that we perceive the foolish man as a gentle person, and the feeble minded person as one who is Intelligent!
They (the misled) are the ones who reap the bounties of this unlasting despicable place and hold it higher in regard than the priceless bounties which are everlasting (Aakhirah). He sold a Paradise whose width is the distance of the Heavens and the Earth in return for a narrow prison infested with diseases and trials. He traded the luxurious homes placed in Jannah with rivers flowing beneath for narrow hovels which will one day be diminished to ruins and destruction. He exchanged the Companiable Virgins who resemble pearls and rubies for women who have impurities and are of evil traits. He traded the Hoor of Jannah who are guarded in pavilions for the foulmouthed filthy women of human race. He exchanged the flowing rivers of Wine delicious to those who drink for a Drink which is Najis (filthy); it does away with the senses and destructs ones Dunya and Deen. He traded the delight of seeing the face of the Most Exalted, the Most Merciful in favor of seeing the blamed and abhorrent faces of mankind. He traded the delight of listening to the speech of the All-Gracious in place of listening to stringed instruments and songs and melodious tunes. Similarly he traded sitting on thrones of Pearls and chrysolite and rubies on the Day of bounty, in favor of attending the gatherings of the hypocrites, of being in the company of Every Rebellious Devil. He forgoes the calling of the caller: “O inhabitants of Jannah! Verily today you will live in luxury and you will never despair. You will live forever more and never die and you will inhabit (Jannah) and will never be made to leave. You will stay young and never grow old”, In favor of listening to the songs of the singers.
imsad imsad imsad

something to ponder... imsad

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-05-2007, 09:30 PM

Just wondering how this is going sister? :) Hopefully I havent overburdened you with this :-[

Mawaddah
01-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Well actually, I was getting along real good brother alhamdulillah, but there is now this massive long poem which I'm trying to translate and this poem seems very confusing :confused: I hated to post up the rest without the poem you see...........

I'm so sorry....

Or would you mind if I posted whatever I have and then go back and finish the poem when I can get it correct?

If you dont mind then it would have to be on monday insha'allah because i dont have the rest of the translation on this computer now.

amirah_87
01-06-2007, 04:42 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

InshaAllah Now that I've sorta finished the ones that I was doing, I'm up for it Bi'Idhnillaah.

Give me a page number to pick up from Tayyib!

And Also Umm Sulaim if you could help out our Damsel in Distress over here would be great too InshaAllah. :D

Allah Ma'akum

umm-sulaim
01-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Tamaam...sure insha Allah, where'd u want me to pick up from?

wassalaam

Mawaddah
01-08-2007, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As Salaamu Alaykum,

InshaAllah Now that I've sorta finished the ones that I was doing, I'm up for it Bi'Idhnillaah.

Give me a page number to pick up from Tayyib!

And Also Umm Sulaim if you could help out our Damsel in Distress over here would be great too InshaAllah. :D

Allah Ma'akum
THE POEM PLEASSSSSSSEEEEE

:statisfie

I've already done most of it, but I haven't sorted it out and put it into order, and the words aren't the most refined yet :p so can I give you what I already did and you finish it?

Pwease :D

Mawaddah
01-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I apologize so much brother for delaying! But I've posted some up here minus the magnificent but humungous poem which will be insterted later insha'allah.

Continuation...

(The poet said)
All my other desires have left me as love for you manifested so now I have not
A thing left to either bring me forth or take me backwards
I find delight in enduring difficulties in my love for you
For thought of you is so endearing to me and thus the difficulties assail me

Only on The Last Day will he perceive the stupidity and foolishness of this exchange that he made. Only on the Day of Distress will the Foolhardiness of the Seller be exposed! Then only will he regret. On the day that the Pious will be gathered before their Lord and the Transgressors will be herded towards Jahannam to inhabit it forevermore. On the day when a caller will call out over the heads of all present “Everyone in this Gathering shall know today of the ones from Allahs servants who are worthy of His bounty”
So if he who is not from this group of people (the Successful) has doubts in what Allah has prepared for them (the Successful) of honor, and stored for them of grace and luxury and what has been hidden for them from delights to the eyes, things which have never been seen by any mans eye, never been heard of by any mans ears and never been imagined of by any mans imaginations, Then (on that day) will he know the greatness of his loss and that his life was meaningless and that he is merely a piece of worthless rubbish.

The others will then be placed in a vast kingdom, (a kingdom) free from all defects which will never cease to exist. They were victorious and thus gained pleasures and became acquainted with the everlasting luxuries whilst neighboring their Lord. They will be basking in the gardens of paradise and reclining on their thrones beneath curtained canopies. They will recline on cushions lined with brocade and they will be pampered by the Hoor al-Ain. They will feast on the various types of fruits, and boys of everlasting youth will serve them with cups and jugs and glasses of flowing wine wherefrom they will not get any aching of the head or be intoxicated, and they will be served fruits of their choice and the flesh of fowls which they desire.

They will be presented with the Hoor of wide lovely eyes like preserved pearls as reward for that which they used to do. They will be served from dishes and goblets of gold and within they will have all that the souls desire and the eyes find delight in and forever within shall they abode. By Allah!, he has been called towards it in the midst of despair and destruction but he did not turn towards it nor pay it heed! No one (paid heed) Except for those few individuals of Allahs slaves.
O how amazing it is that the seeker of this world sleeps at night, and how he refuses the reward which is being offered to him. How amazing it is that this world is sweet for him even after hearing of it (Paradise) and how he is content with this life without embracing its (Paradise) virgins! How amazing it is that they accept that which is less than it! (Paradise). How can those who are sure of it be patient about it? How the hearts of many have been turned away from it! And what will the souls of those who rejected it be presented with?

A Poet Once said on the description of Jannah :

And it is naught more than a means by which to attain it (Paradise)
Except if it were to be diverted (from us), and the Lord is more knowledgeable of His Creation.

Even though it is concealed from us, enshrouded by every adversity
And surrounded with that which pains the soul and injures it

Because,Oh! What great joys are there within it
And pleasures of many kinds which are for the enjoyment

Oh! the luxurious life to be had within its pavilions and gardens
And the gorges within those valleys are sparkling (with trickling water)

And Oh! it's valleys which have been appointed unto the ones who increase in worship
Such glad tidings be upon you if you are from them!

And Oh! the happiness of those loved ones (of Allah) when
He addresses them from above them and salutes them

And Those eyes will see Allah clearly
No harm will overshadow (them seeing it) nor will they become weary of it

Oh, a mere glance at it brings to the face a glow
Shall after this, the one who is in love, seek any other?

Oh! How blessed it would be when You (Allah) smile
A light emits from you which is more magnificent than the sunrise

Oh how the eyes would delight when they turn to face you
And How the ears would delight when they hear you speak

Oh...how the blossoming branch would be put to shame if His (Allah) face was to turn towards it
And how bashful would the breaking down be were you to smile (upon it)

So if you (O slave of Allah) are one whose heart aches with love for this
(Then know that) there is naught left except to acheive it,A cure will it be to you!

More so because of it's obscurity unto you, so that when you acheive it
And it has become part of your own to possess.....

Do you see the one unto whom the beauty of her (his brides) face has been described
How he delights in it even before attaining it, and savors it?

The eyes will become joyful when it (Jannah) manifests before him
Fruits of many types are scattered about, its trees will never cease to bear

Clusters of grapes and apples abound plentiful
And branches of pomegranates of which the heart desire

And roses which you have not yet plucked to nestle against (your lovers) cheeks
And liquor which has not yet been tainted by the spittle of the mouthes (of drinkers)

*Two lines not yet translated*

Were you to mention the name of Ar-Rahmaan to he who faces you
He will utter the Tasbeen tirelessly and without hesitation

And were you to face a ferocious army in advance whilst envisioning it
That army will turn on its heels in flight and be defeated!

Oh seeker of these goods if you truly are
Desiring (Jannah) then behold! Now is the time for its mahr (dowry) it precedes it.

The water of youth flows between its branches
So rest assured that old age will never touch you

And be an enemy towards those who betray their love for it
And so sought the delights of other than it and indulged in it

And be as a widower for whatever besides it for verily
For you in the Eternal Gardens is one who awaits you

And fast during your worldy days, Mayhap
In the days of morrow you will be rejoicing in celebration whilst others fast

And tread your way (thru this world) and do not feel satisfied with this exciting life
For he does not attain the joys who does not do so

And if this world was to become narrow on you and fetter you with it's shackles
And you do not find within it a dwelling that you may call your own

Then come forth! Come towards the Eternal Gardens for verily
Its dwellings are of the most prime and within it are the pavilions

But as for now, We are the Prisoners of the Enemy, do you think...
That we will be returned once more to our homelands and be saved?

They have said that when a stranger is far away
And his homelands have slipped out of his reach, then he is in a pitiful state

But which state of enstrangement is great than ours in which
The enemies have massacred us so that rule over this land they may?

Come forth! towards the markets in which
Those who Love Allah can meet within it, It is a market familiar with its visitors

So take that which you wish from it without paying a price
For the merchants have already paid in advance and handed it over

And come forth towards the day of abundance in which
The Lord of the Throne will be visited, Today is a day of festivity!

And come forth to a valley which is fragrant
It's soil is of musk and of things more great

Platforms of light therein and silver
And of pure gold, which will never break

*Verse not yet translated*

So as they are occupied in their lives and enjoyments
And as their sustainence flows by them in abundance

He (Allah) will appear with radiant light shining
With a mere drop of it (this light) the Heavens will never again darken

The Lord of all the Heavens has revealed Himself to them
He will laugh (at them) from above the throne and then speak

"Peace be upon you" All of them will hear
With their ears, the salutation he gives to them

He will say " Request from me whatever you desire, for everything that
You desire is with me, Verily I am the Most Merciful "

So they will say " We all but ask you for your Ridhaa (approval)
For verily You are the one who deals with affairs in the most beautiful manner, and You are the Merciful One"

So He will grant it unto them, and they will all be witness to it
Most Glorified is He, Most Gracious

So, O you who sells all of this for a hurried trifling
It is as if you do not know? But Nay! you shall (one day) realize

But if you truly do not know, then that in itself is a sin (i.e. your ignorance)
And if you do know, then the sin (of not acting upon your knowledge) is greater upon you.

This is a book into which I have placed great effort in its compilation, arrangement, detailing and classification. It is meant to be a consolation for the grieved one and an unveiling for the one who yearns for those Brides (of Jannah). It is an inciter for the hearts towards an appointment much sought after, and a means to urge on the souls towards achieving that moment when they will be neighboring The King, The Most Holy. This book shall be pleasant for those who read it, delightful for those who look into it, the one listening to it shall not be weary of it and ones friends shall not get bored by it. It is composed of the most marvelous of lessons which the striver for the cause of Allah shall most likely not come across in another book besides it, as it has within it vast amounts of Marfu’ hadeeth and narrations. It tells of the secrets which are beheld in many verses and other amazing pieces of information. It clarifies many unsolved questions and highlights the principles of Allahs names and attributes so that the one who looks upon this book will increase In Iman and Jannah will become clear for them until it is as if they are witnessing it with their own eyes.
This book will instigate those who have determination to strive towards the gardens of paradise. It is an incentive for those with ambitions to achieve that comfortable life residing in those luxurious rooms. I have named this book “Haadi al-Arwaah Ilaa bilaad al-Afraah” for verily it is a name which befits the book for which it was named. It is a phrase which befits the meaning of the book and Allah knows best of my intentions, and what I intend with it’s compilation and publishing is that it may be on the tongues of every human and in their hearts, and Allah Knows best of my intentions, For My highest wish in compiling (this book) is that it will bring glad tidings to Ahlu-assunnah informing them about what Allah has prepared for them in Jannah, for verily! they (Ahlus-Sunnah) are the ones most deserving of receiving these glad tidings in the Dunya and the Hereafter (because) Allahs bounty has been showered upon them both externally and internally for they are the Close Defenders of the Messenger and are of his followers, and whoever leaves His sunnah then they are His enemies.
The difficulties which they face in defending the sunnah will never discourage them, never do they put aside those authentic hadeeth of the Prophet for the sake of any one of mankind. The Sunnah is held with highest esteem in their chests; never will they put it asideFor a jurisprudential opinion, or a controversial finding of research , or the fanciful claims of a Sufi, or the collaborating views of those people of Kalaam (rhetoric) or the analysts of a philosopher or a political ruling. Verily whoever puts any one of these things before the Sunnah of Rasulullah then the door to the truth will be closed tightly against him and he will be prevented from treading the Straight Path.
O reader of this book, this is the book presented to you in full measure, his (the authors) thoughts are presenting themselves before you, so if you happen upon good in it hesitate not to keep it in an honorable manner, or to depart with it in a kindly manner Whatever is correct in this book then it is from Al-Waahid (The Unique), Al-Mannaan (The Bestower) and whatever is in it from mistakes then it is from me and from the Devil and Allah and His Messenger are free of it.

I have divided this book into Seventy Chapters:
  • The first: Explanation of the Existence of Jannah at the present time.
  • The second: The different opinions of people concerning the Jannah in which Adam had resided in, was it the Garden of Eternity, Or was it merely a Garden on the Earth.
  • The Third: A context of the evidences of those who say that the Garden in which Adam resided was the Garden of Eternity.
  • The Fourth: A context of the evidences of those who say that the Garden in which Adam resided was a Garden on Earth.
  • The Fifth: Answers for the one who disputes the claims of the Holders of this opinion.
  • The Sixth: Answers for those who claim that the Garden was indeed the Garden of Eternity Against those who dispute them.
  • The Seventh: Analogies of those who claim that Jannah has not yet been created.
  • The Eighth: Answering against the analogies which they used as proof.
  • The Ninth: The Number of the Doors of Jannah.
  • The Tenth: The Description of the width of those doors.
  • The Eleventh: The Description of those Doors.
  • The Twelfth: The Description of the Distance between one door to the next.
  • The Thirteenth: The Location of Jannah.
  • The Fourteenth: Concerning the Key of Jannah.
  • The Fifteenth: The signature of Jannah and the leaflet which will be written for its inhabitants.
  • The Sixteenth: Explaining that there is only one way to Jannah.
  • The Seventeenth: The Levels of Jannah.
  • The Eighteenth: Mention of the Highest Level in Jannah and the Name of that Level.
  • The Nineteenth: The bargain that Allah has presented towards His servants and explanation of the Price which is requested of them and the agreement which was taken between the believers and their Lord.
  • The Twentieth: The Requesting of Jannah from it’s Lord for its inhabitants (to inhabit it) and it’s intercession for them and the requesting of the Inhabitants of Jannah for Jannah.
  • The Twenty First: The Names of Jannah and its Meanings and its Derivations.
  • The Twenty Second: The Number of Gardens and its different types.
  • The Twenty Third: How Allah Most High created some of it with His own hands.
  • The Twenty Fourth: It’s Doorkeepers and Guardians.
  • The Twenty Fifth: The first one to knock on the Door of Jannah.
  • The Twenty Sixth: The First of Nations to Enter Jannah.
  • The Twenty Seventh: The ones of this Ummah who will be the first ones to enter Jannah and their Descriptions.
  • The Twenty Eighth: The Precedence of the Poor over the Rich in entering Jannah.
  • The Twenty Ninth: The categories of inhabitants of Jannah.
  • The Thirtieth: Most of the Inhabitants of Jannah will be from the Ummah of Muhammad.
  • The Thirty First: There will be more women In Jannah and In Hell Fire than Men.
  • The Thirty Second: Those from this Ummah who will enter Jannah without any reckoning and their characteristics.
  • The Thirty Third: Mention of those whom Allah will gather up and enter into Jannah.
  • The Thirty Fourth: Description of its Dirt and Stones and Plants.
  • Thirty Fifth: Description of its Brightness and Light.
  • Thirty Sixth: Description of its rooms and Palaces and Private compartments and pavilions.
  • Thirty Seventh: How the inhabitants of Jannah will recognize their Dwellings when they enter Jannah even though they have not seen them before.
  • Thirty Eight: Description of their entrance of Jannah and what they will be greeted with within its doors.
  • Thirty Ninth: Description of the Characteristics of the Inhabitants of Jannah and their forms and dispositions and Height and Age.
  • Fortieth: The Inhabitants of Jannah with the highest level in dwellings and the lowest level.
  • Forty First: The Gift which will be presented to Dwellers of Paradise as they enter.
  • Forty Second: The scent/odor of Jannah and the distance from which it can be smelled.
  • Forty Third: The call to prayer with which the dwellers of Paradise will be called with.
  • Forty Fourth: The Trees of Jannah and its gardens and Shade.
  • Forty Fifth: The Fruits of Jannah and its variety and its description.
  • Forty Sixth: About the Shrubs of Jannah.
  • Forty Seventh: The Streams of Jannah and its Rivers and the Routes by which they flow.
  • Forty Eighth: The Food of the Inhabitants of Jannah and their Drinks and the way it will be disposed of.
  • Forty Ninth: The Types of Vessels from which they will eat and drink from and its descriptions.
  • Fiftieth: Their clothes and adornments and handkerchiefs and carpets, pillows, cushions and rugs.
  • Fifty First: The pavilions, thrones, and couches of the inhabitants of Jannah.
  • Fifty Second: The servants of Jannah and the youths of Jannah.
  • Fifty Third: The women of Jannah and their beds and their specimens and descriptions and their internal and external conditions and their beauty.
  • Fifty Fourth: The substance from which Hoor was created and their description and their knowledge at the present time of their husbands.
  • Fifty Fifth: The marriage of the inhabitants of Jannah and their intercourse with their partners and the delights of it and how they will be free from the impurities of sexual discharge.
  • Fifty Sixth: The difference of opinions concerning whether there will be pregnancy and birth in Jannah or not and the arguments provided by holders of each opinion.
  • Fifty Seventh: Those things which the inhabitants of Jannah will listen to and the singing of the Hoor.
  • Fifty Eighth: The mounts of the inhabitants of Jannah and their horses and ships.
  • Fifty Ninth: The visiting of the inhabitants of Jannah of each other and how they will reminiscence the days of the Dunya.
  • Sixtieth: The Marketplaces of Jannah and what Allah has prepared within them for the inhabitants of Jannah.
  • Sixty First: The visits of the inhabitants of Jannah to their Lord most Great.
  • Sixty Second: The Clouds of Jannah and the Rain which will fall in Jannah.

• Sixty Third: Mention of the King of Paradise and then all of it’s inhabitants are Kings within it.
  • Sixty Fourth: That Jannah is beyond that which one may dream about or imagine, and that a sticks’ width of it is better than the world and all that is within it.
  • Sixty Fifth: The Inhabitants of Paradise will see their Lord most Great most High with their eyes, clearly, as how the moon can be seen on Laylatul Badr, and that Allah will reveal Himself to them whilst laughing, Most Glorified is He, There is no other God but Him.
  • Sixty Sixth: The speaking of Allah towards the inhabitants of Jannah and His Speech towards them and His bestowing of peace upon them.
  • Sixty Seventh: The Eternity of Jannah and that it will never cease to exist
  • Sixty Eighth: Mention of the Last of the Inhabitants of Paradise to enter it.
  • Sixty Ninth: A General chapter with various topics.
  • Seventy: Those who deserve these Glad tidings over others.

And Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’aala is the One responsible for making this effort solely for His pleasure and May He grant its Publisher and its Reader and its Author Paradise, and May He make this Book as evidence for them, and not evidence against them, and may He cause it to benefit whomsoever it may reach, Verily He is the Best of those to be Entrusted and the most Gracious and He is sufficient for us and the Best of those to be Trusted.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-08-2007, 07:10 PM

Jazakillah Khair! May Allaah reward you with Jannah Al -Firdaus for patiently translating this. May Allaah reward you abundantly!

I am thinking, once the translating process is completed, we can publish it online Insha'Allah so others can benefit from this as well. The book is awesome and the translation is very nice Masha'Allah :) What do you think?

Mawaddah
01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Al Ansari

Jazakillah Khair! May Allaah reward you with Jannah Al -Firdaus for patiently translating this. May Allaah reward you abundantly!

I am thinking, once the translating process is completed, we can publish it online Insha'Allah so others can benefit from this as well. The book is awesome and the translation is very nice Masha'Allah :) What do you think?
Wa iyyak Akhi, but putting the book online! wow....I never thought that far, but why not if it's going to benefit others insha'allah. That's a great idea.

umm-sulaim
01-08-2007, 08:30 PM
wow tabarka Allah it looks brilliant! nice work maw....athaabaki Allah...

wassalaam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-09-2007, 01:43 AM

I was wondering, is there a number to this chapter, or is this an introduction?

not been informed also that Allahs Punishment is a Punishment of severe pain!

Chapter:

And when the successful one
Its from the first portion that you posted.

Also, i keep forgetting to ask, what does the title mean?

Mawaddah
01-09-2007, 07:22 PM

I was wondering, is there a number to this chapter, or is this an introduction?

Its from the first portion that you posted.
Well in lots of Arabic books they put the word "Fasl" which means Chapter, but they dont mention any topic or anything like that, It's more like a sign of separation from one topic to the next.

Also, i keep forgetting to ask, what does the title mean?

To tell the truth Akhi, I hadn't put any name there for the title as yet because I wanted to check around first, what would be most appropriate? Because if translated directly it would come out to be this :

Encouragement for the Souls towards the Land of Joy

Doesn't really sound....ermm...'correct' does it? I mean the words dont exactly match up..if you catch my drift.

amirah_87
01-09-2007, 10:26 PM
As salaamu ALaykum,

Look what I just came across :eek:

Link

I wonder which part that is & if there's more to it!! & where she got it from? :eek:

BlissfullyJaded
01-09-2007, 10:34 PM

^ That part of it, and some other parts, are popular around the 'net. I've seen it a few times. I've never come across the entire book, but then I never really looked. :hiding: InshaAllah there is a translation out there, so you'll can be let off the hook. hehe

MashaAllah, brilliant translation sis Mawaddah. May Allah reward you with the best in this world and in the hereafter. Ameen!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As salaamu ALaykum,

Look what I just came across :eek:

Link

I wonder which part that is & if there's more to it!! & where she got it from? :eek:

Yeah exactly. That's all that ive ever found online, and that's the reason why I asked for the book to be translated :D Just reading that little section makes you cry. Ibn Al-Qayyim is simply too :shade: Masha'Allah.

amirah_87
01-09-2007, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

^ That part of it, and some other parts, are popular around the 'net. I've seen it a few times. I've never come across the entire book, but then I never really looked. :hiding: InshaAllah there is a translation out there, so you'll can be let off the hook. hehe

MashaAllah, brilliant translation sis Mawaddah. May Allah reward you with the best in this world and in the hereafter. Ameen!
As Salaamu ALaykum,

Lol Ukhity!!

Perhaps you can dig up the parts you've come across and post it up for us InshaALlah!?

Mawaddah
01-10-2007, 02:19 PM

Princess! :eek:

You got me so excited there for a moment! Ya Allah! I thought that maybe after all there was the translation online and, as how Jawharah said, we'd be "let off the hook" :p

But after searching high and low, I think I can make the conclusion that, no the book is not translated, it's only that little exerpt on the description of Paradise which was translated.

Everywhere I looked, the book was just in Arabic except for a few pieces here in there which were translated to English.

I wonder why they dont just translate the whole thing to English one time? :?

So back to translating girls :shade: :D

amirah_87
01-10-2007, 02:27 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Everywhere I looked, the book was just in Arabic except for a few pieces here in there which were translated to English.
even that'd do!! :hiding:

Yalla Haatiyhaa :D

Mawaddah
01-10-2007, 02:32 PM

So I was searching for Haadi al-arwaah in English

and I came across this video clip, Watch it everyone :cry:

Allahumma umnun 3alayna min fadhlik Aameen :cry:

As salaamu Alaykum,

Media Tags are no longer supported

umm-sulaim
01-10-2007, 03:20 PM
subhana Allah, may Allah make us all from the dwellers of firdaws..

thx for sharin that maw, jazaki Allahu khayran

wassalaam

Mawaddah
01-10-2007, 05:15 PM

This is a Bit which I translated just now

CHAPTER ONE:
Explanation of the Existence of Jannah at the present time.

The companions of Rasulullah, The Taabi’een, The Taabi’ Taabi’een, the Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadeeth (followers of the sunnah and hadeeth), the fuqaha of islam and the people of Tasawwuf and Zuhd have always been upon the belief that Jannah exists, and they rely upon the evidences which are stated in the Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet and the common knowledge that all of Allahs messengers, from the first of them to the last of them called their people towards it and informed their people about it.

Then there arose a group of Qadariyyah and Mu’tazilah who denied all belief in the existence of paradise and they claimed that , contrary to this, Allah will bring Paradise into existence on the Day of Resurrection . What drove them towards this claim is their corrupt evil principles of belief in which they have laid down guidelines and restrictions for Allahs actions saying that it is appropriate for Him to do this and not appropriate for Him to do that, and in doing so they have compared Allah with His creation.

They are Mushabbihah in regards to the actions of Allah and aspects of Jahmiyyah have entered into their beliefs and so with that they have become Mu’attilah in regards to Allahs attributes.
They say that the creation of Jannah before the time of reckoning would be in vain, for then it would be there idly wasting for a long period of time without any inhabitants to inhabit it.

They said “It is from common knowledge that if a king was to select a dwelling and prepare within it various types of foods and utensils and other useful things, then rid it of people and forbid them from its entry for a very long period of time, all of what he had prepared would not have been out of wise judgment.”

But those who were intelligent found ways to rebut their claims.

And so with their evils minds and their corrupt beliefs they confined and limited the actions of Allah, and likened His actions to the actions of His creation. Either They rejected all evidences which countered this false law of theirs which they have laid down for Allah, or they distorted it’s actual meaning, and they condemned and declared to be astray those who differed from them.

But those of intelligence merely laughed upon them.

It is for this reason that when the Salaf mentioned their beliefs,they stated that Paradise and Hell fire are in existence, and those who published the sayings of the Salaf mention that this is the stand of the followers of Sunnah and Hadeeth without any difference amongst them concerning this matter.

Abu al-Hasan al-Ash’ari mentioned in the book: "Maqaalaat al-Islaamiyyeen Wakhtilaaf Al -mudhilleen" a summary of the beliefs upon which are the Followers of Hhadeeth and Sunnah and it is:

Belief in the oneness of Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers and that which has been revealed by Allah and that which has been authentically reported from Rasulullah and they do not reject a thing from that.

And that Allah is One and only, As-Samad (the Self sufficient), he has taken neither wife nor son.

And that Muhammad is His slave and messenger

And that Jannah is true and Hellfire is true.

And that The Hour is approaching without a doubt.

And that Allah will bring forth those inhabitants of the graves.

And that Allah is above His throne as how He says “The most Gracious (Allah) rose over the Throne” (Surah Taaha, verse 5)

And that He has two hands as how He says “I have created with both my hands”
(Surah Saad verse 75) and He says “Nay! But his two hands are spread out”

And that He has two eyes and we do not question their manner, it is how He says “Floating under our eyes, a reward for him who had been rejected!” (Al-Qamar verse 14)

And that He has a face, as how He says “And the face of your Lord , full of majesty and honor will remain forever” (Ar-rahmaan verse 27)

And that we do not say that the names of Allah are other than what Allah has meant with them as how the Mu’tazilah and the Khawaarij have said.

And we believe that Allah has knowledge as how he said “He (Allah) sent it down with his knowledge” and as He said “And no female conceives or gives birth except with His knowledge” (Faatir verse 11)

And we confirm for Him the attributes of hearing and sight and do not deny it as how the Mu’tazilah have done.

And we confirm for Allah the attribute of strength as how He said “Do they not see that Allah who created them was mightier in strength than them?” (Surah Fussilat verse 15)

And they believe that there happens neither good, nor bad in the land except that it is by the will of Allah, and that all occurrences are by the will of Allah, as how Allah says “But you cannot will unless Allah wills” (Surah al-Insaan verse 30)
And how the Muslims say “That which Allah wills will happen and that which He does not will, will not happen”

And they say that verily a person is not able to commit any act unless it is written for him to do so, and no one is able to escape the knowledge of Allah, nor is one able to do an act which Allah knows he will not do.

And they believe that there is no Creator except for Allah and that the actions of mankind are created by Allah and that mankind is not capable of creating anything.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-11-2007, 12:15 AM

Jazakillah Khair. May Allaah enter us all into Jannah al Firdaus :cry:

Mawaddah
02-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Continuation...

And that Allah has made it easy for the believers to obey Him and has forsaken the disbeleivers. He had mercy upon the believers and attended to them and made them from the righterous and guided them, But he did not deal gently with the kuffar nor did He guide them, and if He had wished to make their affairs good for them, they would have been from amongst the pious, and if He had wished to guide them they would have been from amongst the guided.

And that Allah is capable of improving the affairs of the disbeleivers and (He is capable of ) treating them with mercy and making them believe, however, it was from His will that they were to be disbeleivers, and thus He forsook them and misguided them and closed their hearts (to the truth).

And that all good and bad is by the decree of Allah and His Divine Predestination.

And they believe in His Divine Predestination, the good from it and the bad, the sweet from it and the bitter.

And they believe that they cannot bring themselves benefit nor harm except that (harm and benefit) which Allah wills (for them).

And they entrust their affairs to Allah and they turn towards Him with their needs at all times, and are in want and in need of Him in every situation.

And they say that the Qur’an is the word of allah and it was not created. It is His speech [RESEARCH REQUIRED]*

And they believe that Allah will be seen with the naked eye on the Day of Judgement, as clearly as the moon can be seen on Laylatul Badr, and the believers will see Him and the disbeleivers will not for verily they will be veiled from (seeing) Allah, Allah says "Nay! surely they (evil doers) will be veiled from seeing their Lord that Day" [83:15]

And that Musa (peace be upon him) requested Allah to reveal Himself to him in this Dunya and so Allah manifested Himself to a mountain and it turned into rubble, and with this Allah made it known to Musa that He canot be seen in this Dunya but will only be seen in the Hereafter.

And they do not pronounce Takfeer against any of the muslims because of a sin which was commited by them, even if they committed a major sin.

And according to them, Iman is to believe in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers and the Qadar, its good and bad, it’s sweet and bitter, and that which bypassed them would have not befallen them and that which befalls them would not have bypassed them.

And that Islam is to testify that there is no Lord worthy of worship but Allah and that Muhammad is His messenger, as how it has been stated in the Ahadeeth.

And according to them Islaam and Imaan are two separate things, and they testify that Allah is the turner of the hearts and they testify to the intercession of Rasulullah and they believe that this intercession is for those of this Ummah who committed major sins .

And they believe in the Punishment of the Gave and they believe that the Haudh is true and that the Siraat is true and that Resurrection after Death is true and that the Judgement of Allah between His Slaves is true, and that the Standing between the Hands of Allah is true.

And they testify that Iman consists of both words and actions, it increases and decreases, and they do not say that it is created, nor do they say that it is not created.

And they say that the names of Allah are descriptions of Allah and they do not condemn anyone who committed a major sin to the fire, nor do they judge paradise to be for anyone from the believes, because Allah subhanahu places them where He wills.

And they say that their affairs are in the hands of Allah, If He so desires to punish them then He will do so, and if He so desires to Forgive them, then He will do so.

And they believe that Allah Most High will take out a group of the Muwahhideen from the Hell Fire as how it has been shown in the narrations which have come from the Messenger of Allah.

And they disapprove of arguments and disputes in matters pertaining to the Deen,and they (also disapprove) of disputes and controversies concerning the Qadar, and the discussion of those matters which are discussed by the People of Controversy and disputed by them because part of their (Ahlus-Sunnah) belief is to stick to the authentic narrations and Aathar which have been reported by the Thiqaat (trustworty narrators), each one of them (the thiqaat) narrating from another (thiqah) until the chain of narration ends at Rasululllah.

And they do not ask 'Why' or 'How' because doing so is an act of bid’ah.

And they say that Allah has not ordered the doings of evil, But rather He forbade against them and commanded the doing of those things which are good. And He does not condone the action of Shirk, even though He has preordained (that some of His creation) Shall do so.

And they recognize the rights/dues of the Salaf who have been chosen by Allah to accompany His Prophet, and they perceive their superiority (over anyone else) and they refrain from mentioning any disputes which have occurred between them, the young from them and the old, and they place in precedence (from the Salaf) Abu Bakr, then Umar, then Uthman then Ali, May Allah be pleased with them all. And they acknowledge the fact that they are the Khulafa’ ar-Raashideen al-Mahdiyyeen and that they are the best of Mankind after Rasulullah.

And they believe in those hadeeth which have been reported from Rasulullah stating that Allah descends down to the Skies of the Earth and then says “ Is there anyone seeking forgiveness?” as how it has been reported in the hadeeth from Rasulullah.

And they take from the Kitaab and the Sunnah as How Allah has commanded when He said “ So if you dispute in any matter then take it back to Allah and His Messenger”

And they are of the view of following those who have preceded us from the A’immah (Scholars) of this Deen .

And they do not associate with their Deen anything which has been prohibited by Allah.

And they affirm beleif in that Allah will come forth on the Day of Resurrection as how He says “And your Lord comes with the angels in rows” [89:22] and that Allah comes near to His creation in any matter that He wishes, as how he says “ And we are nearer to Him than his Jugular vein” [50:16]**

And they view (as obligatory) the performance of the two Eid (prayers) and the Friday Prayers behind every Imaam, May he be Pious or a Tyrant, and they verify the wiping over of the Khuffain (socks) and verify it to be from the Sunnah and they are of the view that it is to be performed whilst one is present or on travel.

And they affirm the obligation of Jihad against the Mushrikeen,(this obligation having been prescribed) since the time that Allah sent forth His messenger, and will remain (obligatory) until the time when the Last group (of mujahideen) will fight against the dajjal.

And they are of the opinion that du’a should be made for the leaders of the Ummah and that (we) must not wage war against them, and that (we) should not wage war when in the face of fitnah.

And they believe in the emergence of the Dajjal and that Isa alaihissalam will slay him.

And they believe in Munkar and Nakeer and the Mi’raj and that One may see (the Prophet) in Dreams and that supplications made for the dead from the Muslimeen and the giving of alms on their behalf after their death will reach them.

And they believe that there exists in this world the magician,and that the magician is a disbeliever (in accordance) to what Allah says, and they believe that magic is existent in this world.

And they believe that prayer is to be performed on whoever dies from the People of the Qiblah, The believers from them and the tyrants from them.

And they attest that the Paradise and Hellfire are both created and that whoever dies, then he has died because he met his appointed time, and likewise, whoever is killed then he was killed because he met his appointed time, and that sustainence comes from Allah; He sustains His servants whether it may be of Halal or Haram means.

And that the Shaytaan whispers to the individual and causes him to doubt (his religion) and speaks to him.

And that the righteous ones may be chosen by Allah (to have the ability) to perform miracles, and that the Sunnah was not abrogated by the Qur’an.

And that the affairs of the children (who die) are in the hands of Allah, if He wills he punishes them, and if He wills he does with them as He wishes.

And that Allah is knowledable of the actions of His servants and that he Has written that it should be that way, and that all affairs are in the Hands of Allah.

And they are of the opinion that Patience (should be observed) when faced with the Judgements of Allahs, and that (one must adhere) to the orders of Allah and restrain from those things which have been prohibited by Allah and that deeds must be performed with sincerity and that advice must be given to the Muslims.

And they make it a part of their religion; the worship of Allah and the giving of Advice to all Muslims and abstinence from major sins and zina and false speech and ma’siyah and pride and haughtiness and mockery of people and conceit.

And they are of the belief that one should stay way from every caller to bid’ah and (instead) busy oneself with the recitation of Qur’an and the recording of narrations and research in the fields of Fiqh with full humility and humbleness and tranquility and good character whilst enjoining good and forbidding evil, and staying away from gossip and slander and refraining from overindulging in foods and drinks.

* This was something that I did not fully understand, about the speech of Allah and it seemed different from what I learned in my Aqidah waasitiyyah so I want to confirm it first by asking a scholar insha'allah what it means before I translate it.

** It seems here that what is intended that Allah comes closer to His servant with His actual being? Which is incorrect. Wallahu A3lam.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-06-2007, 03:06 AM

Ya Allah, what an excellent poem. Alhamdullilah. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to translate this. Jazakillah Khair fid Dunya wal Aakihrah.

So, O you who sells all of this for a hurried trifling
It is as if you do not know? But Nay! you shall (one day) realize
That line just brought the entire poem together in such an excellent way :cry:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-20-2007, 03:26 AM

Encouragement for the Souls towards the Land of Joy
Muhammad Faqih mentioned this book in a lecture, and he translated the title as :
What Entertains The Souls About The Land of Joy and Happiness
Is it good?

Mawaddah
02-21-2007, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

Muhammad Faqih mentioned this book in a lecture, and he translated the title as :
What Entertains The Souls About The Land of Joy and Happiness
Is it good?

Masha'allah! yes yes yes I've been tryyyyyyyying to put together the words in a proper way for the title and although the above translation doesn't fit one to one with the actual Arabic title it does have almost the same meaning.

Jazakallah Khair brother.

abu abdurrahman
02-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Salaams, I didnt want to start a whole... 'can u translate' thread so just posting here for ease and a quick response.

can anyone tell me what yanbaghee means: thats ya, nun, ba, ghain and ya. Im sure u know wat i mean. Shukran in advance.

amirah_87
02-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Wa Alaykum As Salaam,

Yanbaghee: means to be neccessary.

& InshaAllah if you ever need a word translated you can put it up here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/arabic/1...quests-13.html

abu abdurrahman
02-24-2007, 05:20 PM
JazakAllah khair sister! + instruction noted.

Mawaddah
03-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Sorry Sorry Sorry :-[ I will try to be consistent with it from now on since my work at the office has lessened somewhat. Just a little bit for now since I have to rush home Insha'allah.

So this is a summary of all that they act upon and command with, and for everything that we have mentioned is proof. Towards this we turn and act upon and our success is only with Allah, He is sufficient for us, and the best of those to be entrusted, from Him we seek help and into Him we put our trust and by Him is our maseer (path).

The reason for mentioning this, is to relate from all of Ahl as-Sunnah and Hadeeth that Paradise and Hell fire are now in existence and These words are listed here so that this book may be founded upon the knowledge of those whom are deserving of the glad tidings which we have been mentioned, and the owner of these sayings are truly from amongst them, and In Allah is our Success.

From that which testifies (to the existence of paradise and hellfire) from the Qur’an is the statement of Allah :
“Indeed He (Muhammad) did see from the greatest signs of his Lord” (An-Najm verse 18)

The Prophet had seen the Sidrat ul Muntaha (The Lote Tree of the utmost boundary over the seventh heaven beyond which none can pass) and he had seen along with it the Eternal Gardens, as how it has been reported in the Saheehayn from the hadeeth of Anas, and at the end of the hadeeth it is mentioned :

“And Jibreel went with me until we came upon the Sidratul Muntaha, and it was enveloped in different colors, I do not know how to describe them” He said “ Then I entered Jannah and Lo! Within it were Pillarsof pearls, and it’s Dirt was of Misk”

And in the saheehayn from the hadeeth of Abdullah bin Umar that Rasulullah said:
“Verily when one of you dies His (future) dwelling will be displayed before him morning and night. If he is from the inhabitants of Jannah then he will inhabit it and if he is from the inhabitants of the Hellfire then he will inhabit it, and it will be said to him ‘This is your dwelling until Allah brings you forth on the Day of Judgment’”

And in Al-Musnad and Saheeh al-Haakim and Ibn Hibban and others there is the hadeeth of Al-Baraa’ bin Aazib, he said :
“ We went out with Rasulullah to the funeral of a man from the Ansar” and the full hadeeth was mentioned, and in this hadeeth He (Rasulullah) said “ So then a caller will call from the sky ‘ If my slave was true (to me) then spread before him from the delights of Jannah and Clothe him with the clothes of Jannah and open for him the doors to Jannah and there will reach him it’s smells and aromas….’”

And in the Saheehayn from the hadeeth of Anas bin Maalik, He said Rasulullah said:

“Verily when the servant is placed in his grave, and his companions have left him, he will hear their footsteps.” He said “Then two angels will approach him and sit him up and say to him ‘What did you used to say concerning this man?’” He said “As for the believer then he will say, ‘I bear witness that he is the slave of Allah and his messenger.’ Then the angels wills say to him ‘Look at your place in the fire, Allah has replaced it with a dwelling for you in Jannah’” The Prophet then said “Then they will show him both dwellings”

And in Saheeh Abi Uwaanah al-Isfiraayinee and Sunan Abi Dawud from the Long Hadeeth of Al-Baraa’ bin Aazib where it is mentioned the taking of the soul:

“Then there will open for him a door to Paradise and a door to Hell and it will be said to him (about the fire) ‘This would have been your dwelling if you had disobeyed Allah, but Allah has replaced it with this.’ Then when he sees all that which is in Jannah he will say ‘O my Lord! Hasten the coming of the Hour so that I may return to my wealth and family!’and it will be said to him ‘Calm down’”.

And in Musnad al-Bazzaar and others from the hadeeth of Abu Sa’eed, He said:
“ We attended a funeral with Rasulullah and so Rasulullah said ‘O people, verily this nation will be put to trial in their graves , for when a person has been buried and his companions have dispersed an angel approaches him and in his hand is a rod. He will seat him up and ask him “what do you say about this man?’ (meaning Muhammad) so if this person was a believer then he will say ‘I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah and that Muhammad is his slave and messenger.’ So they will say to him ‘You have spoken the truth’. Then there will be opened before him a door to Jannah and he will wish to enter it then they will say to him ‘calm yourself’”
He then mentioned the rest of the hadeeth.

And in Saheeh Muslim from Aisha, she said :
“The sun eclipsed in the time of Rasulullah” And she mentioned the hadeeth until she then said “Then he stood up and addressed the people and so he praised Allah with those things which are befitting unto Him then said ‘Verily the sun and the moon are two signs from the signs of Allah, they do not eclipse for the death of a person nor for the birth of a person, so if you see it (the eclipse) then hasten towards Salaat.” And the Prophet said “I have seen whilst standing here all of that which you have been promised (so clearly) until I envisioned myself picking a branch from Jannah whilst you were watching me step forward. And I saw the Hell fire, parts of it devouring each other when you saw me step backwards.’”

And in the Saheehayn, and the wording is from Al-Bukhaari, from Abdullah bin Abbas, He said :
“ The sun eclipsed during the time of Rasulullah” And he mentioned the hadeeth, and in it he said “ ‘Verily the sun and the moon are two signs from the many signs of Allah, they do not eclipse for the death of anyone nor for his birth, so if you see that then keep in remembrance of Allah’. So they (the companions) said ‘O Rasulullah we saw you reach out towards something whilst you were addressing us, then we saw you stumble backwards’ So he said ‘ Verily I saw paradise and I reached out to grasp its branches and if I had grasped it you would have eaten from it for as long as this world exists, and I saw the fire and I have never seen a sight more hideous than what I have seen today, and I saw that most of its inhabitants were women.’ They said ‘and why is this O Messenger of Allah?’ He said “It is because of their ungratefulness,” so it was asked, “Are they ungrateful towards Allah?” He said, “They are ungrateful towards their husbands and they deny what good is done towards them until if you were to do good by one of them for a whole year, then she was to see something from you (which she dislikes) she would say “ I have never seen any good from you’”

And in Saheeh Al-Bukhari from Asma bint Abi Bakr from Rasululah concerning Salatul Kusoof, He said:
“ Jannah was brought close to me, so close that if I was courageous enough I would have brought to you a cluster of it’s fruits. And the fire was brought near to me until I said “O my Lord! And am I from amongst them? Then I was beholding a woman (Asma said, I think that he said that she was being clawed by a cat) and I said “what is the affair of this one? They answered me, ‘she imprisoned it until it died from hunger, she did not feed it nor did she release it to find food.’”
And He (Rasulullah) mentioned the rest of the hadeeth.

And in Saheeh Muslim Rasulullah said in a hadeeth :
“There is not a thing which has been promised unto you except that I have seen it in this prayer of mine. The fire was brought forth to me and that was when you saw me step backward for fear that I would be afflicted by its flames, and I saw within it a man with a cane who was dragging his intestines behind him in the fire. This man used to steal things from the Pilgrims with his cane and if he used to be found out he would say ‘It had gotten hooked onto my cane’ and if no one noticed him he would leave with the thing which he had stolen. And I saw within it a Lady who owned a cat and tied it down and did not feed it, nor did she allow it to eat from the litter of the earth, until it died of hunger. Then Jannah was brought forth and that was when you saw me stepping forward, and I had stretched forward my hand wanting to pick of its fruits so that you may see it, then it occurred to me not to do so. So verily there is not a thing which you have been promised except that I have already seen it in this prayer of mine.”

And in Musnad al-Imaam Ahmad and Sunan Abi Dawud and An-Nasaa’i from the Hadeeth of Abdullah bin Amr there is mentioned the story:
“By he whose hands the Soul of Muhammad is, Jannah had been lowered until if I had stretched out my hand I would have plucked from it’s branches, and Hell Fire had been lowered in front of me until I sought protection from it for fear that it would consume you”
And he mentioned the hadeeth.

And in Saheeh Muslim from the Hadeeth of Anas bin Maalik he said:
“ On that day after the prayer had been established Rasulllah said ‘ O people, verily I am your Imaam so do not precede me with Rukoo’ or Sujood and do not raise your heads (before me) for verily I am able to see you from in front of me and from behind me, and By He whose hands my soul is, if you were to see that which I see you would laugh a little and you would weep a great deal. They said “And what did you see O Rasulullah? He said, I saw Paradise and Hell fire”

And in Al-Muwatta’ and As-Sunan from Hadeeth Ka’b bin Maalik, He said, Rasulullah said:
“ Verily the soul of a believer is in a bird perched on a tree in Jannah until Allah returns it once more to his body on the Day of resurrection”
In this hadeeth it is clear that the Soul enters Jannah before the Day of Judgement.

Similar to it is the hadeeth of Ka’b bin Maalik also, from the Prophet, that the souls of the martyrs are in the bellies of green birds perched on the fruits of Jannah or on the trees of Jannah. This hadeeth has been narrated by Ahlus-Sunan and At-Tirmidhi declared it to be authentic.

There shall come towards the end of this book in the chapter which mentions the entrance of the souls of the believers into Jannah before the day of Resurrection, the complete versions of these Ahaadeeth insha’allah along with mention of those verses which bear witness to that which have been mentioned in the hadeeth.

And in Saheeh Muslim and As-Sunan and Al-Musnad from the hadeeth of Abi Hurairah that Rasulullah said:
“ When Allah subhanah wa ta’ala created paradise and Hell fire he sent Jibreel to Jannah and said to him ‘Go and look at it and at what I have prepared within it for it’s inhabitants’, so Jibreel went and looked at that which Allah had prepared for it’s inhabitants and then he returned and said ‘By your ‘Izzah (Might), there will not be anyone who hears of it except that he will enter it.’ So then Allah ordered that Jannah be surrounded with difficulties. Then He said, “Return and look at it and at what I have prepared within it for it’s inhabitants.’ So he (Jibreel) went and looked and then returned and said “By your ‘Izzah, I fear that there will be none who will enter it’”. He said “Then Allah sent him to the Fire and said ‘Go and look at it and at what I have prepared within it for its inhabitants.’” He said “ So he looked at it and Lo! It’s parts were devouring each other, then he returned and said ‘By your Izzah and Jalaal No one who hears of it will enter it.’ So Allah then ordered for it to be surrounded with desires, then said ‘Go and look at that which I have prepared within it for it’s inhabitants,’ so he went and looked at it and returned and said ‘By your Izzah, I fear that none will be saved from it, and all will enter it’”
At-Tirmidhi said (concerning this hadeeth) This is a Hasan Saheeh Hadeeth.

-----------------------------

To be continued Insha'allah.
Note: The above hadeeth were translated from me and were not copied from any of the hadeeth books, so if anyone familiar with the ahadeeth find mistakes in the translations please please inform me.

Wassalam.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-09-2007, 04:46 AM

Awesome. Jazakillah Khayr fid Dunya wal Aakihirah for your efforts sis!

Skillganon
03-09-2007, 05:18 AM
Jazak AllahKhair sis

Awsome. When you finish. I gather I wil compile it, and if their is mistake in the translation, I will attribute it to you.

Keep up the Good work.

Mawaddah
03-19-2007, 08:21 PM

And in the Saheehayn from the hadeeth of Ibn Umar, (who narrated) from the Prophet peace be upon him that he said :

“Hell fire complained to her lord saying ‘O My lord, parts of me have devoured each other’ and so (Allah) allowed for her two breaths; A breath in winter and a breath in summer.”

And it was reported from Al-layth ibn Sa’eed, from Mu’aawiyah bin Saalih from Abdul Malik bin Basheer who reports in a Marfuu’ form that the Prophet said:

“ There passes not a day except that Jannah and Hell Fire are questioning. Paradise says ‘O my lord, my fruits have become ripe, and my rivers are flowing uninterruptedly and the Pious are yearning for me, so hasten towards me my inhabitants.’ And Hell Fire says ‘My heat has become more intense, and the depth of my pits have increased and my coals have become magnified, so hasten towards me my inhabitants”

And in Saheeh al-Bukhari from the Hadeeth of Anas, from the Prophet that He (peace be upon him ) said:
“ Whilst traveling thru Jannah, I came upon a river whose banks were lined with domes of hollowed pearl” He said, “I then said ‘What are these Ya Jibreel? So he said ‘This is al-Kawthar which was given to you by your Lord’ then the Angel (Jibreel) struck the ground with his hand and Lo! The dirt was of sweet smelling musk.”

And in Saheeh Muslim from the hadeeth of Jaabir bin Abdillah, he said, :
“I heard Rasulullah (peace be upon him) saying ‘I entered Jannah and saw within it a palace, and so I said ‘For whom is this?’ So it was said to me ‘For a man from Quraish’ And I hoped that I was he. Then it was said ‘It is for Umar ibn al-Khattab’. And if it was not for your Jealousy O Abu Hafs, I would have entered it” And so Umar wept and said “And should I be jealous because of you O messenger of Allah?”

There will also come the hadeeth of Bilaal in which Rasulullah (peace be upon him) said :
"I entered Jannah and heard your footsteps ahead of me” And other similar hadeeth Insha’allah.

Abdullah bin Wahb said, Mu’aawiyah bin Saalih informed me, From Isa bin Aasim, from Zur bin Hubaysh, from Anas bin Maalik Who said :

“ Rasulullah performed prayers with us that day, and It was the Morning prayer, and (whilst praying) he stretched out his hand, then brought it in. So when he gave Tasleem it was said “O Rasulullah, verily you have done in your salaat something which you do not usually do” so he said “verily I saw Jannah, and I saw within it hanging branches weighed down with fruits which resembled pumpkins, so I wished to pluck from it, but it was revealed to it (the tree) to distance itself (from my grasp). And then I saw the Hell fire in between me and you, (it was so close) until I saw within it my shadow and yours, so I leaned towards you (to warn you) to distance yourselves, but then it was revealed to me that ‘ Reassure them for verily you have accepted Islam, and they have accepted Islam, and you performed Hijra and they performed Hijra and You performed Jihaad and they have performed Jihaad,’ and verily I see that I am not better than you in any way except that I have been given Prophethood”

So if it is asked : What prevents you from using as Proof to Jannahs present existence the story of Aadam and his entrance into Jannah and his expulsion from it as result of his eating from the tree, seeing that this evidence is of utmost clarity (on the existence of Jannah).
We answer to them saying: To Use that story as evidence, even though it may seem of utmost clarity with the majority of people, it is also of utmost obscurity due to the differing of people in the matter of the Jannah (Garden) in which Adam dwelled; was it Jannatul Khuld (Eternal Garden) into which the Beleivers will enter on the day of Judgement, or was it a Garden on an elevated piece of land in this World?

We will Insha’allah mention those who are of this opinion and those who are of the other opinion and the arguments which are used by the holders of each different opinion as well as the refutations which are used by each group Bi Hawlillah wa Quwwatih.

Chapter Two

The Difference of People concerning the Garden which was inhabited by Adam ( Peace be upon him) and from which he was expelled , Is it the Eternal Garden or is it another Garden situated on an Elevated part of this World?

Mundhir bin Sa’eed mentions in the Tafseer of the verse “O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the Paradise” [2:35]:
“A group of people say that Allah entered Adam to dwell in the Garden which will be entered by the Beleivers on the Day of Judgement, And another group says that It is a different Garden which was created by Allah for him and (which Allah) allowed him to dwell within, not the Garden of Eternity”

He said “And this is an opinion which has many supportive evidences”

It was also said by Abul Hasan al-Maawardi in his Tafseer:
“And people have differed concerning the Garden which was inhabited by Adam and are of two opinions. One of them being that it was the Eternal Garden, and the other being that it was a Garden which was prepared by Allah for them as a Test, and was not the Eternal Garden which has been created by Allah as a Reward.

And the holders of this opinion (that it is not the Eternal Garden) are of two sayings:

One of them being that this Garden was created in the sky, because they were ordered to descend from it and this is the opinion of Al-hasan.

The other opinion is that it is on this earth, because He (Allah) tested them within it by forbidding them from eating from the Forbidden Tree without forbidding them from Other fruits, and this is the opinion of Ibn Bahr. And this is after Allah ordered Iblees to prostrate to Adam Alaihissalam, and Allah is most knowledgeable of the accuracy of that (opinion).”

Those were his words, and Ibn Al-Khateeb also mentioned in his popular Tafseer :

“And they have differed concerning the Garden which is mentioned in this verse,
Was it on earth, or was it in the heavens? And if we say that it was in the heavens, then was it the Garden which is the Dwelling of Rewards (Daar al-Jazaa’), the Garden of Eternity, or was it a garden other than that?

It is said by Abul Qaasim Al-Balkhi and Abu Muslim Al-Asbahaani that this Garden was on this earth, and they explained the meaning of ‘Descending’ as ‘Transferring’ from one part (of land) to another as how Allah says “Go you down from Egypt!”[1:61] and they used this verse as evidence that it is existent now.

The second opinion and it is the opinion of Al-Jabaa’i is that that Garden was in the Seventh heaven.

The Third opinion and it is the opinion of the Majority of our Companions is that this Jannah is the Dwelling of Rewards."

It was also mentioned by Abul Qaasim Ar-Raaghib in his Tafseer :
“And the people have differed concerning the Garden which was inhabited by Aadam. Some of the Mutakallimeen say that it was a Garden created by Allah as a test for him, and it was not the Eternal Garden.”

He then went on to mention some of the evidences used by each holder of the two opinions.

From those who also mentioned this difference of opinions was Abu Isa Ar-Rummaani in his Tafseer, and he preferred the opinion that it was the Eternal Garden and said:
“and the Madhab which we have chosen is the opinion of Al-Hasan and ‘Amr and Waasil and the Majority of our Companions and this is the opinion of Abi Ali and our Sheikh Abi Bakr, and the Ahl At-Tafseer are upon this also.”

Ibn al-Khateeb chose At-Tawaqquf (to come to a stop) when it came to this matter, and he made (this choice of his) as a fourth opinion and so said:
“And the fourth opinion is that there is a possibility for each claim, as the evidences provided are contradicting, so to come to a stop in the matter and leaving off a preference (of one opinion) is required.”

Please, if there are any mistakes particularly in the hadeeth then inform me about it :)

Mawaddah
03-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Okay, the reason why there are some phrases in Arabic here is because I've really run into a wall as to how to translate them correctly :-\ so I decided to just post it up and go back and edit it when I can translate it correctly Insha'allah.

Mundhir ibn Sa’eed said “And the opinion that it is the Garden of Eternity is held by Abu Hanifa and his Companions”

He further said :
“And I have seen some people who attacked our opinion concerning the Garden (inhabited by) Adam Peace be upon him whilst rectifying their Madhabs without any evidence besides allegations and whimsical sayings. They did not bring forth any proof from the Qur’an nor from the Sunnah nor from an Athar of a Sahaabi or Taabi’ee or Taabi’ at-Taabi’ee, nor a Mawsool report nor a Shaadh report, nor a Mashhuur report and we have informed them that the Faqih of Iraaq and those who are of his opinion have said that the Garden (inhabited) by Aadam is not the Garden of Eternity وهذه الدواوين مشحونة من علومهم ليسوا عند أحد من الشاذين بل بين رؤساء And I say this merely so that it may be known that I am not a supporter of the Madhab of Abi Haneefah, Rather I only support that which has been presented before me from the evidences of the Qur’aan and Sunnah.”

And Ibn Zaid Al-Maaliki says in his Tafseer:

“I asked Ibn Naafi’ concerning Paradise; is it created? So he replied to me saying ‘ To keep ones silence concerning this is better’”

And Ibn ‘Uyaynah says concerning the Statement of Allah most High “Verily you have (a promise from us) that you will not be hungry within nor naked “ [20:118] : “It means on this Earth.”

These are the sayings by these two,
وابن نافع امام وأبن عيينة امام وهو لا يأتوننا بمثلهما ولا من يضاد قوله لهما ………………………………….

And Ibn Qutaybah said in Kitaab al-Ma’aarif after mentioning Allahs creation of Adam and his Spouse, He said “ Then He (Allah) Left them and said to them ‘Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and rule over the fishes of the sea and the birds of the air and the beasts (of the land) and the vegetation of the Earth, it’s trees and it’s fruits’ So He (Allah) mentions here that His (Aadams) creation was on the Earth, and his Rule would be (on the Earth)”

Then He (Ibn Qutaybah ) said : “Then (the river of) Firdaws was made to flow and from it sprung four rivers : Sayhoon and Jayhoon and Dujlah and al-Furaat”

Then He (Ibn Qutaybah) goes on to mention the Snake and so said “And it was from the Greatest Of the land creatures, and so it said to the Woman (Hawa) “Death will be forever unable to touch you to if you eat from this tree” Then after mentioning some talk he (Ibn Qutaybah) said again “And he (Adam) was expelled from the eastern side of the Garden, into the Earth, from which he was taken” He then said “And Wahb said ‘The place unto which he (Adam) fell when he was expelled from Jannah was in the East of India.’ He (Wahb) said ‘And Qaabil carried his brother until he came with him to a valley from the valleys of Yemen towards the east of Aden and so he was buried there’”

And others have said concerning that narration which was transmitted by Abu Saalih from Ibn Abbas concerning Allahs saying “Go Down” : “It is like how it is said by people ‘So and So and has gone down from Such and Such a land’”

Mundhir bin Sa’eed said “So this is Wahb bin Munabbah saying that Aadam alaihissalam was created on this Earth, and inhabited this earth, and had (the river of) Firdaws displayed before him whilst on this Earth, and that it was in Aden and that four rivers branched off from that river which was called Firdaws Aadam, and those Rivers have remained on the Earth -amidst some difference from the Muslims concerning that- so take heeding from this O People of Knowledge”

And He (Wahb bin Munabbah) informed that the Snake which spoke to Aadam was from the greatest creatures on Earth, and he did not say that it was from the greatest creatures in the Sky, and they (those who oppose the view of the Garden having been on Earth) are saying that the Garden was not on the Earth, but rather it was above the Seventh heaven?,”

Then he said “And He (Allah) expelled Adam from the eastern side of the Garden of Aden, and in the Garden of Eternity there is no East nor West because there is no Sun within it “

Then he said “And He (Allah) expelled him into the earth from which he was taken, meaning that he expelled him from the Firdaws which was laid down for him in Aden which is in the East of India “

And this information from Ibn Qutaybah is merely information on the Land of Yemen, and on Aden which is (actually) in the Land of Yemen. And he also informed that Allah spread out the Firdaws for Aadam in Aden, and then He further confirmed it when he said “The four rivers which we have mentioned are rivers which sprung from that River which was called Firdaws Aadam”

Mundhir said “And Ibn Qutaybah has reported from Ibn Munabbah who narrates from Abi Hurairah who said: “And when Adam drew near death he desired a cluster of fruit from the Garden which he used to inhabit” -And there are those who claim that it is in the seventh sky, when in truth it is on Earth- “So his sons went out in quest of it, (and whilst they were on their quest) the Angel of death informed them of the death of their father Aadam.

So to you (O holders of the opinion that the Garden was Above the Sky) the sons of Adam will be considered as crazy if what has been reported from Ibn Qutaybah is correct. No! Rather they were seeking for their father the fruit of the Garden which was on this Earth.” He said “And we have not said anything different from what these people say, even if the Garden of Eternity may be in it (the earth)* and we have come forth with evidence from the Qur’an, whilst others have made undue claims which are not founded upon sound evidence”

So these are from some of the sayings of those who have differed in this matter, and we will put forth the arguments of both parties By the Will of Allah whilst making clear what is in their favor and what is against them

Chapter Three
The Evidences of those who chose the Opinion that it is the Garden of Eternity into which People will enter on the Day of Resurrection.

They said:

“This opinion of ours is what has been made by Allah to be mankind’s natural instinct and disposition, the young from them and the old, and there has never occurred to them to think otherwise, and most of them do not know of any dispute concerning this matter.”

They said:

Muslim has reported in his Saheeh from the Hadeeth of Abi Maalik, reporting from Abi Haazim, reporting from Abi Hurairah, (and also from the path of) Abi Maalik, reporting from Rib’I reporting from Hudhaifah. They (Abi Hurairah and Hudhaifah) said that Rasulullah (peace be upon him) said:
“Allah will gather mankind, and the Believers will advance forward until they approach Jannah. Then they will approach Aadam Alaihissalam and say to him “ O our father, intercede for the Doors of Jannah to be opened for us” so then he will say “ And what ousted you from Jannah but the sins of your Father?” ….then the rest of the hadeeth was mentioned.

They said
“And this is clear proof that the Garden, from which Adam was expelled, is the exact same garden which he will be requested to open.”

And In the Saheehayn, in the hadeeth of the argument between Musa and Adam, Musa said to Adam “You ousted us and yourself from Jannah”.

If it was on this Earth, then they (Adam) have stepped out of many gardens (on this Earth), but (in doing so) it did not cause them (Adam) to exit Jannah.

And likewise the saying of Adam to the Believers on the Day of Judgment “And what ousted you from Jannah but the sins of your Father?” But his sins did not oust him from the Gardens of this world.

They further say:

“And Allah has said in Surah al-Baqarah ‘And we said: “O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the Paradise and eat both of you freely with pleasure and delight, of things therein as wherever you will, but come not near this tree or you both will be of the Wrongdoers.

Then the Shaytaan made them slip there from (the paradise) and got them out from that in which they were. We said “Get you down, all, with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be a dwelling place for you and an enjoyment for a time.”

So that this verse gives evidence that their Descent was from Paradise unto this Earth, is from two angles:

The first is from the saying of Allah “Get Down” For verily this shows that Adams’ descent was from a place higher up to a place lower down.

And the second is His saying “On earth will be a dwelling place for you” After His saying of “Get down”, so this is evidence that they were not on the Earth prior to that. And Allah further confirms this with His saying in Surah al-A’raaf when He said:

“He said: therein you shall live, and therein you shall die and from it you shall be brought out”

So if this Garden was on this Earth, then they would have had to spend their lives on it even before they were sent out (of the Garden).

Then they further said:

“And Allah Subhanahu has described the Garden (inhabited) by Adam with Characteristics which cannot be found except in the Garden of Eternity, as He (Allah) said “Verily you have (a promise from Us) that you will never be hungry therein or naked, And you will suffer not from thirst therein nor from the Suns heat”

These things are not possible in the Dunya, for even if a man were living in the most comfortable and luxurious of homes, there will most definitely come upon him one of the above mentioned. And Allah has countered the words Hunger with Nakedness and Thirst with Heat*, because Hunger is the inner humiliation and Nakedness the outer humiliation, and thirst is the heat of ones inner body and the Hotness of the sun is the heat for the outerbody, So here Allah negated that there will befall these inhabitants inner and outer humiliation and inner and outer heat.
And this is a more perfect arrangement of words than to counter hunger with thirst, and nakedness with heat.

So this was the affairs of the inhabitants of the Eternal Garden.

They said:

And also, if that Garden was situated on this Earth, Adam would have been knowledgeable of the lie of Iblees when he said to him “Shall I lead you to the Tree of Eternity and a kingdom which will never waste away?” [20:120] Because then Adam would have been knowledgeable of the fact that this World is not everlasting and that it’s Kingdoms dwindle away.

They said:

And also, the story in Surah al-Baqarah is extremely clear in informing us that the Garden from which he (Adam) was sent out is situated above the skies, for verily the Most High tells us “And (remember) when We said to the angels: ‘Prostrate yourselves before Adam’ and they prostrated except Iblis, he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers. And We said “O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the paradise and eat both of you freely with pleasure and delight of things therein as wherever you will, but come not near this tree or you both will be of the wrongdoers. Then the Shaytaan made them slip there from (the Paradise) and got them out from that in which they were. We said: ‘Get you down, all, with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be a dwelling place for you and an enjoyment for a time.

Then Adam received from his Lord Words, and his Lord pardoned him, Verily He is the One Who forgives, the Most Merciful”

So this (shows) the Descent of Adam and Hawwa and Iblees from the Garden, and it is for this reason that the Ayat comes in the plural form.

It has been said that (this ayat) was addressed to them (Adam and Hawa) and the snake, but this is a very weak saying, as there is no mention at all of a snake in the story of Adam.

And it was said that it was addressed to only Adam and Hawwa, but the wording is in the plural form, as like when Allah says “And We were witness to their Judgement”, ‘their’ in this verse referring to Dawud and Sulaimaan.

And it was said that the plural form of the verse is to address Adam and Hawwa and their offspring, but these opinions are all weak save the first one, because they are all sayings which are not based upon any proof, whilst the available proof points towards other than (what they say).

More being translated....Bear with me....Any corrections to be done please notify....Wassalam.

Mawaddah
03-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Boy,....all those colors are making my eyes spin....maybe I should edit them out? :?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-30-2007, 09:33 PM

Awesome Jazakillah Khayr for the translations!

More being translated....Bear with me.
Take your time Insha'Allaah. No pressure sister.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Boy,....all those colors are making my eyes spin....maybe I should edit them out? :?
I don't mind, if it's hurting your eyes, then go ahead Insha'Allaah.

Maimunah
03-30-2007, 09:37 PM

this is a good thread mashaAllah, inshaAllah i will print it all afta u guys finish it.

jazakaAllah khayr sis

.:Umniyah:.
03-31-2007, 01:48 AM
:cry: Just....Beautiful MashaAllah. I Heart Ibnul Qayyim:statisfie
and i heart maw for taking the time to translate his book. May Allah bless you with the good of this life and the next Ameen.
---------
my version of edit. I cant edit my actually post and i spelt his name wrong, so i re-wrote it :-[

Mawaddah
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM

Continuation...

So it is evident that Iblees was included in this address of speech and that he was amongst those commanded to Descend. So if this is confirmed then Allah Subhanahu has mentioned the Descent a second instance with His statement:
“ We said : Get down all of you from this place, then whenever there comes to you Guidance from Me, and whoever follows My Guidance, there shall be no fear on them, nor shall they grieve” [Al-Baqarah 38]

And what is apparent (from this verse) is that this descent was a second one other than the first one, it was a descent from the sky to the earth, and the first one was a descent from the Garden, so this would mean that the Garden from which he was first expelled was in the sky; the Garden of Eternity.

And Az-Zamakhshari has understood that the statement of Allah “Get down all of you from this place” was in address to Adam and Hawa’ only, and that Allah uttered His words (to them) using the plural form (in indication to their coming offspring) as their offspring will succeed them.

He (Az-Zamakhshari) said:
“And the proof for this opinion is the statement of Allah “He (Allah) said: Get you down both of you together, one of you is an enemy to the other” [Surah Taha: 123]

He (Az-Zamakhshari) also said:
“And what supports this also is Allahs statement ‘...Then whoever follows My Guidance there shall be no fear on them, nor shall they grieve. But those who disbelieve and belie our Ayaat, such are the dwellers of the Fire. They shall abide therein forever” [Surah Al-Baqarah: 38-39]

And (this verse) is nothing but a verdict encompassing all mankind. And the meaning of Allahs statement “One of you is an enemy to the other” [Surah Taha: 123]” is referring to that which is practiced amongst the people from hostility and oppression and misguiding of one another.”
And this (opinion) which he (Az-Zamakhshari) chose is the weakest of all the opinions concerning the verse, for verily the enmity which was mentioned by Allah was (the enmity) between Adam and Iblees and their offspring, as how Allah says:
“Surely Shaytaan is an enemy to you, so take him as an enemy….” [Faatir: 6].

And Allah Subhanahu has already confirmed the matter of enmity between Shaytaan and mankind and He has repeated and scattered its mention throughout the Qur’an due to the pressing need of cautioning from this enemy. As for Adam and his wife then verily He has only mentioned in His book that He created her so that he (Adam) may find comfort in her and Allah made between them love and mercy. So the love and mercy is between the man and his wife, and the Enmity is between Mankind and Shaytaan.

And Adam and his wife and Iblees have been fore mentioned and they are three, so why then should the pronoun (the plural pronoun) be directed to only some of those mentioned - along with the fact that this would be in disagreement to the (correct) method of speech- excluding others? Also the fact that the expression used and the meaning both imply it (to be plural). So, Az-Zamakhshari has not accomplished anything.

As for the Statement of Allah in Surah Taha:
“He (Allah) said: Get you down both of you together, one of you is an enemy to the other” [Surah Taha: 123]

This was in address to Adam and Hawwa, and He (Allah) has made them both enemies to each other. So the pronoun in the statement “: Get you down both” Is either directed to Adam and His wife or to Adam and Iblees without mention of the wife because (it is understood that) she would follow him. And building upon this (conclusion) the enmity mentioned is intended for those two who are being commanded with Descent and they are Adam and Iblees…and so the matter is clear.

As for the first verse, then here the verse has encompassed two matters. The first of them being the Order of Allah to Adam and His wife to Descend, And the Second of them being His informing of the enmity between Adam and his wife, and Iblees. And it is for this reason that the pronoun was mentioned as plural form in the second verse and was not mentioned (as plural) in the first. And it is certain that Iblees was included in this verdict of enmity without doubt, as how Allah has said “Verily this is an enemy to you and to your wife” [Surah Taha: 117]
And He said addressing the offspring (of Adam) “Surely Shaytaan is an enemy to you so take him as an enemy” [Surah Faatir: 6]
So ponder the fact that the places (in the Qur’an) in which there was mentioned Enmity were all in the plural form, and not dual form, but as for the Descent, then at times Allah mentions it in the plural form and at times He mentions it in the dual form and at times in the singular form, for example His statement in Surah al-A’raaf “ He (Allah) said : Get down from here” [Al-A’raaf: 13] And likewise in Surah Saad and this (singular form) would be in address to Iblees alone, and wherever it is mentioned in the plural form, then it would be in address to Adam and His wife and Iblees as the Story revolves around them (three) and wherever it is mentioned in the dual form, then it is either in address to Adam and His wife, as they were the ones who hastened towards eating the from the tree, and they were the ones who preceded with Ma’siyah, or it is either in regards to Adam and Iblees as they are the fathers of the two races; Human and Jinn and the roots of the offspring.

So He (Allah) mentions their situations and the outcome of their actions so that it may be a warning and a lesson to their children, and I have already related the two opinions concerning that, and what becomes clear is that the pronoun in the saying of Allah “Get you down both of you together,” is address to Adam and Iblees.

Verily when Allah mentioned the Sin, He singled out Adam without mention of his wife, and so said:
“Thus did Adam disobey his Lord, so he went astray” [Surah Taha: 121]
And this is evidence that the one being addressed with (commandment) of descent is Adam; the one to whom Ma’siyah appeared attractive, and (it is understood that) the wife will follow him (in Descent).

Verily the objective of this is that Allah informs both Human and Jinn about that which befell their Fathers from the calamity of Ma’siyah and disobedience of orders, For the mention of the fathers (of both Jinkind and Mankind) leaves a more lasting impression than the mention of the parents of Mankind only.

And He Subhanahu has informed (us) concerning the Wife, that she ate with Adam.
And (then) He informed (us) that he ordered him (Adam) to descend and expelled him from Jannah as the result of that action of eating, and so from this it is known that the verdict of the wife was likewise, and that her outcome was like the outcome of Adam. And the need of mentioning the condition of (both) the Fathers of the Human and Jinn was more imperative than the mention (only) the Father of the Human race and their Mother, so ponder upon this.

So overall, His (Allahs) statement “Get you down, all, with enmity between yourselves.” is evidently plural, so it cannot justified that it be assumed that it is dual as in His statement “Get down you both” without any reason.

They said:

And also, Jannah has been stated as Ma’rifah (Definite noun) adorned with Laam At-Ta’reef in all of the places (it has been mentioned), for example His statement “Dwell you and your wife in Al-Jannah (The Garden)” and it’s like. And there is no other garden which is better known by those addressed, nor is there any other (Garden) that is familiar to them other than the Garden of Eternity which has been promised by The Merciful for His servants. This noun (The Garden/Al Jannah) has become symbolic of (Paradise) as the words The Star and The House and The Book and their like (are symbolic of what is intended by them). So whenever this word comes in Ma’rifah (Definite Noun) form it is understood that it is in reference to the well known Garden, the Garden which is known to the hearts of the believers.

And if a garden other than it is intended, then verily (the word Al Jannah) will come in the form of a Nakirah (Indefinite Noun) or it will be restricted with Al-Idhaafah (genitive construction) or the context will contain something which indicates that it is a garden on this earth.

As for the first one (Indefinite Noun) that it is like Allahs statement “Two Gardens of Grapes” [Surah Al-Kahf: 32]

And as for the second one (Restricted by Genitive Construction) it is like Allahs statement “It was better for you, when you entered Your Garden” [Al-Kahf: 39]

And as for the third one (a Garden on this Earth) it is like Allahs statement “Verily we have tried them as we tried the people of the Garden” [Surah Nuun: 17]

And they say:

And from that which further proves that the Garden inhabited by Adam was the Garden of Eternity is what has been reported by Howdhah bin Khalifah, from ‘Awf, from Qasaamah bin Zuhair, from Abi Musa al-Ash’ari He said: “Verily when Allah Ta’aala expelled Adam from Jannah, He supplied for him as provisions some of the fruit of Jannah and He taught him the workmanship of everything,
So this fruit of yours is from the fruit of Jannah except that (these fruits) spoil and those ones do not spoil”

They said:

And Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala promised and guaranteed him (Adam) that if he makes Tawbah and turns unto him, He will return him to it (Paradise), as how it has been reported by Al-Minhaal from Sa’eed ibn Jubair, from Ibn Abbas concerning the statement of Allah “Then Adam received from his Lord words, and his Lord pardoned him” [Surah Al-Baqarah: 37] He (Adam) said: O My Lord! Did you not create me with your hands? He said “Indeed (I did)”
He said “O Lord! Did you not blow into me of your soul? He said “Indeed (I did)”
He said “O Lord! Did you not let me to live in your Garden? He said “Indeed (I did)” He said “O Lord! Does not your Mercy precede your Anger? He said Indeed (it does)”
He (Ibn Abbas) then said: so this is the (meaning of the) verse ““Then Adam received from his Lord words, and his Lord pardoned him”

And He (Al-Minhaal) has other narrations from Ibn Abbaas and in some of them: “Adam said to his Lord after he disobeyed Him ‘My Lord! And if I do Tawbah and better myself?” And so His Lord said to him “Verily (if you do that) I will return you to Jannah”

So this is from some of which was used as evidence by the Holders of the Opinion that it was the Garden of Eternity, and we shall state the Evidences of the others (of the other opinion).

Chapter Four :

Quoting of the Evidences of the Groups who says that it was not the Garden of Eternity, but was a Garden on the Earth

They said:

This is an opinion for which the Evidences are many that obligate us to hold such an opinion.

We shall mention some of those evidences.

They said:

Allah Subhanahu has mentioned upon the tongues of all of His messengers, that entrance into the Garden of Eternity shall only be on Yaum al-Qiyamah, and there will not be another time for its entry. And Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala has already described for us in His book it’s characteristics, and there is absolutely no way that Allah subhanahu will describe something with certain descriptions only for that thing to be other than what was described.

They said:

And we have found that Allah has described the Jannah which is promised unto the Muttaqeen (God-fearing) to be Daarul Muqaamah, (Dwelling of Forevermore) so whoever enters it will stay within it, but Adam did not remain in the Garden which he entered.

And He has described it as a Garden of Eternity, but Adam did not dwell in it for Eternity.
He described it as a Dwelling of Rewards and Compensation, not a Dwelling of Burden, and commands and Prohibitions.

He described it as a Dwelling of Complete Safety, not a Dwelling of Tests and Tribulations, and Adam was tested within it with the Greatest of Trials.
He described it as a Dwelling in which Allah is never disobeyed and Adam had Disobeyed His Lord in the Garden which he entered.
He described it as a Dwelling in which there is neither fear nor Sadness, and there befell the Parents within it from Fear and Sadness, that which has befallen them.
He named it Daar As-Salaam (Dwelling of Safety) but the Parents were not safe within it from Fitnah, and (he named it) Daar al-Qaraar, but they did not stay within it.
He said concerning those who enter it “Maa Hum minhaa bi mukhrijeen” “And from it They will not be made to leave”, but the Parents were expelled from it.

-------

Mawaddah
06-14-2007, 09:41 PM

And He said “No hardship will come near them within it” but within it Adam fled and ran away and sought the leaves of the Garden as his covering, and this is Hardship itself! He informed that there will be neither foul talk within nor sinning, and within the Garden Adam heard the foul talk of Iblees and (he committed) his Sin.

He informed that there will not be heard within it any Lies, and within it Adam peace be upon him heard the Lie ofIblees.

Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala has named it Maq’ada Sidq (Dwelling of Truthfulness) but Iblees lied within it and Swore upon his Lie.

And Allah Most High has said to the Angels, “I will create a Khaleefah (succession of people) on the earth” [Al-Baqarah: 30] And he did not say “ I will create a Ma’waa (Place of Abode) on the Earth” And so the Angels said “Will you place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood?” [Al-Baqarah: 30] And there is absolutely no way that this would happen in Jannatul Ma’waa.(Garden of Abode).

And Allah has informed concerning Iblees that he said to Adam “O Adam! Shall I lead you to a tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that shall never waste away?” [Surah Taha: 120] So how is it that He (Adam) did not reply back to him and say “How is it that you wish to inform me about a state which I am already in, that I have already been given?”

And Allah Subhanahu wa ta’aala did not inform Adam when He placed him in the Garden that he would be within it forevermore, and if he had known that it was the Garden of Eternity he would not have inclined towards the sayings of Iblees nor would he have taken his advice, However, being as he was in other than a Dwelling of Eternity, The promise of Eternity enticed and mislead him.

They said:

And if Adam had inhabited the Garden of Eternity and it is Daar Al-Quds (Sacred Dwelling) which is not inhabited except by The Pure and the Holy, so how is it that it was accessed by Iblees! The Filthy one, The Impure one, The Sinful One, The Shunned One, until he was able to pose Fitnah for Adam peace be upon him and was able to Whisper to him? And this whisper could have either been in Adams heart, or in his ears, but whichever the implication, how can it be that the Cursed One could have entered the Dwelling of the Believers?

And also, after it was said to him (Iblees) “Get down from It (Paradise), it is not for you to be arrogant here.Get out for you are of those humiliated and Disgraced” [Surah Al-A’raaf: 13] Would there be a way for him to ascend up to Jannatul Ma’waa (Dwelling of Abode) which is above the Seventh Sky after the wrath (of Allah) upon him and His distancing away from him, and His reprimanding and banishment of Him as a result of his haughtiness and impertinence! And does this not place as faulty the statement of Allah “It is not for you to be arrogant here” [Surah Al-A’raaf: 13] ?

For if His (Iblees’) speech to Adam and his promise which he made to Adam was not Haughtiness and Impertinence then what is? And if you say ‘but perhaps his whispers reached Adam and Hawwa’whilst he was on the earth, and they were above the heavens’ Then this is incomprehensible language wise nor is it perceptible and it contradicts common understanding.

And if you all claim that he (Iblees) entered into the belly of the snake until he was able to reach them both (Adam and Hawwa) and whisper to them thru it, then this is false, this is false! for how can he ascend again to Paradise after he was sent down from it, regardless whether it was in the belly of the snake?

And if you all say that he entered into their hearts and whispered to them in that way, then the impossibility of such a thing is obvious.

And also, Verily Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala spoke of His (Iblees’) speech in a way that indicates that Adam and Hawwa heard it from him Orally for He (Iblees) said “ Your Lord did not forbid you from this tree” [Surah Al-A’raaf: 20] and this is proof of his (Iblees’) viewing of them both and also the tree.
And as Adam was being expelled from Jannah and no longer inhabiting it Allah Most High said to Adam “Did I not forbid you that tree” [Surah Al-A’raaf: 22] and He did not say “Did I not forbid you this Tree”.

So when He (Iblees) said to them “Your Lord did not forbid you from this tree” [Surah Al-A’raaf: 20] when enticing them with the promise of wealth and eternal living he spoke using a demonstrative pronoun indicating his nearness to the tree and indicating the trees nearness to them both (Adam and Hawwa).

And Their Lord most High said to Adam and Hawwa “Did I not forbid you that tree” Whilst He was expelling them using the demonstrative pronoun in a form which indicates distance and concealment as if there no longer remained for them anything from Jannah, not even the view of the tree which they were forbidden.

And also, Verily He Most High said “To him ascend all the goodly words and the righteous deeds exalt it” [Surah Faatir: 10] and the whispers of The Accursed One is from the most filthy of speech so it would not ascend to a Sacred place.

Mundhir said, and he has reported from the Prophet (peace be upon him), That Adam peace be upon him slept in his Garden, And within the Garden of Eternity there will be no sleep in accordance to the Nass (Evidence) and the Consensus of the Muslims for Verily the Prophet was asked “Will the inhabitants of Jannah sleep in it?” and so He said “No, Sleep is the brother of Death”.

So sleep is death and the Qur’an has also addressed it in this manner, and Death also changes ones condition and Daar As-Salaam (Dwelling of Safety) is free from the changing of ones condition. And the One who is asleep is dead…or similar to the one dead.

I say (Ibn Qayyim) about the hadeeth which is being used here, what is known is that it is Mawqoof (not from the Prophet) from the narration of Ibn Abi Najeeh From Mujaahid, He said: “ Hawwa was created from Adams rib whilst he was asleep”

And Asbaat said from As-Saddi : (Allah) placed Adam peace be upon him in Paradise and he used to walk about it in solitude, no spouse had he to seek comfort from, So he slept for a time and then he awoke and Lo! Near his head was sitting a woman, Allah had created her from his rib. And so he asked her “What are you?” and she said “A woman” He said “And for what were you created?” She said “So that you may seek comfort from me”.

And Ibn Ishaaq said from Ibn Abbas “Allah threw upon Adam drowsiness then He took a from his ribcage on his left side and replaced it with flesh, and Adam was asleep he did not awaken from his sleep until Allah had created from that rib of his, his wife Hawwa, and so Allah made her a woman for him to seek comfort from. And when the drowsiness had been lifted from him and he awoke from his sleep he saw her at his side and so he said “My flesh and My Blood and My Soul” and he sought comfort from her”

They said :

And there is no doubt that Allah created Adam on this earth, He did not mention in not one place that he then transferred him to the sky. And had He transferred Adam to the sky afterwards then this would have been of first priority to be mentioned for it would have been from the Greatest of Signs and from the Greatest Bounties bestowed upon him, for he would have ascended with body and soul from the Earth up to the Sky.

They say:

And how could Allah transfer him (from the earth) and allow him to inhabit the sky when he had already informed the angels that he was creating a Khaleefah (succession of generations) on the Earth? And how could he allow him to inhabit Daar al-Khuld (Dwelling of Eternity), which if one enters it one will forever abide within it and never exit from it? Allah says “And they will never be made to leave it”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

angelfuzion
07-04-2007, 11:41 AM
hey if u giys finish translating cud u please compile it and if possibli turn it into a pdf file and u can upload it here www.esnips.com from where every one can download and there are already some books on this website aasalaam o alaikum

Umm Safiya
10-30-2007, 12:31 PM
As-salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah

Maashaa Allaah, may Allaah reward you sisters, aameen..
Is the translation finished?

cldnite
10-30-2007, 07:36 PM
is there a sanad for this (to Rasulullah :arabic5: )?

syilla
01-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Had this book been compiled yet? :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.