/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Admins editing posts?

lolwatever
12-03-2006, 02:22 AM
:sl:

is it just me seeing things or am i right lol?

when SuperMods edit posts u can c on the bottom who was the mod dat edited as well as reason, but if i can remember correctly when one of admins edited a post of mine there was no msg on the bottom signalling it was edited by an admin?

I'm reeeally sorry if i maybe just imagined it or something coz it was a while ago but i only got aroudn 2 commenting on it now.... but could admins pls leave a note that the post was edited along with reason rather than 'silently editing' teh post :? coz atleast if user gets quoted down the track adn things go missing or things get added there won't be confusion during the discussion?

if i was just seeing things pls 4giv me n delete this thread :lol:

:hiding:

jazakum allah khayr :)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aisha20
12-03-2006, 02:27 AM
yes-- its not only you. it has also happened to me. when admins edit there is no reason :) n sometimes i didnt notice it.

Muhammad
12-03-2006, 03:40 PM

When admins edit posts, by default it does not show that the posts have been edited. I think it should still send a pm though.

In cases where no message is left, the person who edited probably feels the reason is obvious to the member (for example, if insulting remarks have been removed). Otherwise, a note is usually left at the bottom or a message is put into the post itself.

If a member's post is edited and they wish to seek further clarification, the best thing to do is to contact one of the staff and Insha'Allaah they will be able to help you out.

lolwatever
12-04-2006, 06:59 AM

yeh bro i get wat u mean but its best just to disable the 'silent editing' thing. it's not so much to do with the user who got edited, its more 2dow ith other ppl quoting that user later on.

allahu alam
tc :w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
12-04-2006, 09:08 AM
:sl: brother,
Your suggestion has been noted; we will leave reasons for the editing when appropriate.

JazakAllah khayr.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.