/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My heart hurts so much

AnonymousPoster
12-02-2006, 08:19 PM
ill keep it short cos i dont like typin. well its like this. I went thru a phase wen sum1 on dis site proper proper motivated me to practise, I started prayin all 5 prayers 4rm 0 2 all 5 or 4 sum days, n I stopped lisnin 2 ma music n dat . this was cuppla months b4 ramadhaan. ramadhaan came. imaan still goin strong. as ramadhaan continued...my imaan weakened...and weakened...and weakened...and now.. i feel i have nothin left in me... astagfirullah.. i know its bad.. i dunno wat 2 do.. i aint prayed since ramadhaan, astagfirullahhhhhhhhh, im so bak in2 ma music, its all i listen 2 24 7, i dont have that i dunno how 2 expalin, but b4 i was so like in2 things, as in, i was on dat prayer mat as soon as neginnin tym started, i used 2 have ma tymtable pinned to ma telly lol. even stopped watchin telly 4 a while. Now its like its all gone down da drain. imsad imsad imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
12-02-2006, 08:24 PM
:sl:

hmm...well the person that motivated you and helped you increase your imaan might be the first place you might get help...i mean if that person is who helped you strengthen you imaan, is it the absense of the person that has just made you imaan go down :?...or is it that 'you' are just loosing your imaan :?

:w:

AnonymousPoster
12-02-2006, 08:27 PM
no this person, i dont known personally, jus sum1 on dis site who was givin advice 2 sum1 else who was in exactly the same boat as me, n i thought u kno wat, dis person so ryt.. think its jus my imaan weakening...well wat i have left of it imsad... which isnt much..imsad

The Ruler
12-02-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
think its jus my imaan weakening...well wat i have left of it imsad... which isnt much..imsad

why would your imaan just weaken all of a sudden :?...there is obviously a change somewhere to cause this...listen to the recitations of the Qur'an...you the really deep ones?...the ones that move people :?...and try reading islamic books; books of the companions of the Prophet (saw) etc...they are a deffinite imaan booster

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Faith wears out gradually, like clothes wear out..

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Faith wears out in your heart as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.”

The believer’s heart may sometimes feel overwhelmed by clouds of sin. This was portrayed to us by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said: “There is no heart that does not have clouds like the clouds that cover the moon. When the cloud covers it, it is dark, and when the cloud moves away it shines.”Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Awsat, and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

So the believer’s heart is sometimes covered with a cloud and its light is hidden, and it remains dark and lonely, but if he strives to increase his store of faith and seeks the help of Allaah, that cloud goes away and the light in his heart starts to shine again. Hence one of the salaf said: “It is part of a person’s smartness to check on his faith and be aware of what affects it.” It is also part of a person’s smartness “that he recognizes how the Shaytaan whispers to him.”
More – tips on how to be a devoted slave of Allah:

Umar001
12-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Assalamu Aleykum,

You see the amazing thing is that you still have some sense of shame, which is good, without this then it would seem hopeless, you still seem to realise that you have a problem, since the worst people on earth is the one who is ill but does not think he is, you on the other hand have an 'illness' but at least you recognise it and that is the first step to getting back into shape.

From that background then it seems easy to see that you do want to go Jannah and you do want to do good but you are lazy or complacent, I assume, correct me if I am wrong that you have the attitude of 'I'll do it later' or 'Starting tomorow I'm really going to change'.

I think the following steps might help:

• Remember what this person says to you that makes you want to practice, what is it about this person, what did they say that caused you to pay attention, having done that capture that message and replay it to yourself when you need to.

• Remember who and where you are, as humans we can lose focous of the real reason of life, explained to us in surah 51 ayah 56. We forget that we can die today, specially in manyof the societies of now days which promote those type of frames of mind. So print quotes of the Prophet, peace be upon him, of the Sahaba, of which there are many which are very eye capturing, one that comes to mind 'If you live till Morning to do not expect to see evening, if you live till evening do not expect to see morning' (something like that) and 'pray as if it's your last prayer' and many more, print them out, stick them around the room, on the ceiling so when you wake up thats the first thing you see and when you go bed thats the last thing.

• Similarly learn dua's for waking up, going to sleep, entering the house, entering or going onto transport, and so on, as these will cause you a challange, first to memorise them, and also will always keep you in rememberance of Allah, which will help you realise t he importance of working hard now.

• Learn at least 1 or 2 ayat a day, that way you spend valuable time memorising, which will also keep you away from Music, even if you were to say to yourself, 'I will listen to Music after I finish memorising the Ayat' the fact that the ayat may take you long to memorise will deter you, and the fact that you do have some shame as shown in your post will also deter you since I think you'd be shy to finish reciting 'Minal Jinnaty Wan Nas....#Tonight I'll Be your naughty girl' it wouldn't happen, you would not switch from Qu'ran to Music straight away, plus if you did you'd feel the shame.

The list is endless.

I hope you try some of that, and always remember who you are and where you are. I could write for years, but I shall inshaAllah keep it brief. And May Allah reward the person who helped you to practice. Ameen.

YusufNoor
12-03-2006, 12:04 AM
no this person, i dont known personally, jus sum1 on dis site who was givin advice 2 sum1 else who was in exactly the same boat as me, n i thought u kno wat, dis person so ryt.. think its jus my imaan weakening...well wat i have left of it imsad... which isnt much..imsad

find the person and PM them!

pick up a qur'an and start reading....

or listen to a good lecture...

lolwatever
12-03-2006, 01:37 AM
ill keep it short cos i dont like typin. well its like this. I went thru a phase wen sum1 on dis site proper proper motivated me to practise, I started prayin all 5 prayers 4rm 0 2 all 5 or 4 sum days, n I stopped lisnin 2 ma music n dat . this was cuppla months b4 ramadhaan. ramadhaan came. imaan still goin strong. as ramadhaan continued...my imaan weakened...and weakened...and weakened...and now.. i feel i have nothin left in me... astagfirullah.. i know its bad.. i dunno wat 2 do.. i aint prayed since ramadhaan, astagfirullahhhhhhhhh, im so bak in2 ma music, its all i listen 2 24 7, i dont have that i dunno how 2 expalin, but b4 i was so like in2 things, as in, i was on dat prayer mat as soon as neginnin tym started, i used 2 have ma tymtable pinned to ma telly lol. even stopped watchin telly 4 a while. Now its like its all gone down da drain. imsad imsad imsad
mash bro Fi gave neat advise, also sis i think maybe its coz u overburden urself, as someone else sed on dis forum... avoid all the haram and stick to bare minimum (praying 5 times a day), but increase ur nafl prayers etc gradually inshalah.

try get ur hands on some neat lectures about hereafter, coz when u put things into perspective u'll giv urself a kick in the leg n think 'what the hell is wrong with me!'

all the best!

AnonymousPoster
12-03-2006, 03:27 PM
thanks all 4 ya advice, really appreciate it, bro IsaAbdullah, lile to thank ya personally that really is an awesome post. Fi'sabilillah urs 2, and all da rest thanks :)

anonymous
12-03-2006, 03:53 PM

Why I'm writing this? I dont actually know, its probably out of guilt, this is my confession.
Seriously, I can relate to what your saying. Alhamdilullah my salah will never leave meh and thats a promise I made to Allah sinse I started praying. But with salah you need concentration, something I've lacked in the passed couple of months. When it came to Ramadan, truthfully, my life changed. I couldnt be f'd with anything, didnt feel tha same love fo it that I did a year back. Couldnt be bothered with life, hey whats the point ryt? Na lyk your going to get anywhere..and music? its the step forward. it relives you? helps you? yeh thats what i feel and have been feeling for the past couple of months. I love my Smak that aswell and ma Eminem but quite truthfully whats in the lyrics? All it is is some unbeliever spitting bars about their sex life, drugs, being a thug...Is that what people like you and me look up to? find relief in MEANINGLESS WORDS?

I've just been talking to a sister who has the same problem as me ;) & yano what she said to me? she goes "sinse when did someone like you strt listening to music?" and you know such a simple sentence made me just stop and think, motivated as such. Why am I taking plesure in words from a kafir rather than the words of Allah? Astaghfirullah. And just writing this makes me wana cry, and why? cause I'm so luvin up the dunya, so caught up in this world that i'm forgetting what my deen is about. I fail to fulfill just the basics of Islam yet I want Allah to shower His blessings with everything good. imsad

Music is only halal when people like you and me seek to make it halal

Islam isnt out to make your life living hell, it isnt to make your life a craphole, rather its a blessing from Allah. As for salah, I dont really have to emphasise the beauty and blessing of it, its self explanitory. & i know people like you and me will never go and actually read the articles, instead choose the cowards way out and keep on sinning. You know I think theres a hadeeth one of me teachers told me about that if you miss one salah its like being in Hell for so many years. Now being even dipped in the blazing fire would just finish us and imagin living years there? If Jahanam is what you strive for then sister miss all your prayers. If Jannah on the other hand is what you want your final abode to be then I suggest you go do wudhu now for Maghrib prayer. How can we sit back and think that hey I'm Muslim so therefore I will go straight to Jannah? For Jannah we need to strive, it wont be given to us on a plate. If we just begin to think about Sahabah [Peace & blessinz of Allah be upon them] then you can take a lesson from them. These were people who literally died and lived for Islam, and yet they still feared that they would not be the ones under Allah's shade on Yawmuddin La hawla wa la quwata illah billah. Where that leave us?

& then what of His blessings do we deny?

I'm no sheik, i'm no scholar, and Im definetly no-one that can motivate you into doing anything as I'm in need of exactly that. All I'm saying is, if you wish to have the small plesures of dunya rather than the plesures of Akhirah they carry on busting your tracks, as will I, if you want more sins, then continue missing Salah, just dont expect a reward from Allah while doing so. You know by doing this you will have to suffer the consequences, so when your standing before Allah, dont say you didnt know about it, Verily ALlah is the knower of all knowledge. Before Him you will have everything to answer to, just imagine that day? Can you? Naah, neiva can I...
May Allah make it easy for us and give us a place in Jannah Ameen

AnonymousPoster
12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I love my Smak that aswell and ma Eminem but quite truthfully whats in the lyrics?
smak dat..all on da floor... smak dat... muhahahaha ok ill shurrup. yea man get wat ya sayin

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I've just been talking to a sister who has the same problem as me ;) & yano what she said to me? she goes "sinse when did someone like you strt listening to music?" and you know such a simple sentence made me just stop and think, motivated as such.
which sis was this then??? ;) she sounds like a gud un. lol

nah man on a serious note, u really have made me think, thanks man

Woodrow
12-04-2006, 02:01 PM
You ever stop to think that a person needs to have some Imaan to recognise that their Imaan is weakening?

Make use of that Imaan. It is a spark that needs a little fanning to once again be a flame. In the previous posts you have been given excellent advice on how to do the fanning.

Get that spark glowing and burning and soon you will be the flame and beacon of light you were.

Ismahaan
12-04-2006, 04:45 PM
It hurts soooo much, becuase I don't get as much from praying as I used to. I don't know what it is, but I don't feel in Allah's presence when I pray anymore. I used when I was 13-15 and even at the age of 17. Since I turned 18 (almost 2 years ago), I feel like everything has gone downhill. I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Maybe because When I was younger, I used to remember Allah a lot for some reason. Now all I do is pray the 5 prayers and not much else. I guess I'm too busy with the dunya. :hiding: I want to change but I don't know how to snap out of the trance I'm in. :heated:

Praying the 5 prayers is not enough is it? It just isn't! imsad

Al-Zaara
12-04-2006, 04:54 PM

First of all, insha'Allah your imaan will strengthen sister.
By the will of Allah (swt) you will find true love and passion for Islam, stronger than that you had when you were younger. :) The fact that you already showed care and fear of having lost passion for your prayers, is a sign of that you will be able to improve and not just leave it there as it is.

You may want to check this out: http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...+of+weak+imaan

I myself would really recommend to take time for reading the Qur'an every morning and then later on the day, this way you will feel like starting the day with Allah (swt) and ending it with Him, insha'Allah.

Ismahaan
12-04-2006, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the reply and useful link Jazak-Allah khayr :rose:

- Qatada -
12-04-2006, 08:11 PM
:wasalamex

Try giving this thread a try insha'Allah :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...dying-out.html

It explains how you felt when your emaan was high, and how it does wear it out with time.. so you have to keep praying to Allaah to renew/strengthen your faith insha'Allah. :)

:salamext:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.