/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kindly let me know...

Dr. Jawad
12-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Assalam Aleikum

A sister asked me a question which I have mentioned below. Please let me know what I should tell her on this. I think mihail that is she is referring to is Mikail?

"can u tell me also which is the arabic name from mihail and wht he was..he appears in qur'an near jibril angel's name in sura al-baqarah.it is mihail an angel too?but my names mihaela is the feminine form of mihail and means "person who is like god"..why would be such name with unappropriate meaning present in qur'an..?shukran.."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2006, 04:27 PM
:salamext:

tell her to show you exactly what shes talking about inshaAllah, because i havent heard of this.

And they say: "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful."
-Surah Baqara Verse 111

Dr. Jawad
12-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Jazakallah, I am still waiting for her reply...will let you know then InshaALLAH...

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-06-2006, 06:37 PM
:sl:
Yes, she is most likely referring to angel mikaa'eel [meekaal] mentioned in the Qur'an in surah baqarah ayah 98.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
12-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Well this is something I slightly looked at myself.

what some people say, and I assume she is saying when she gives her understanding of 'mikael' is that in the Bible aparently EL stands for God as such, or can be refered to God.

So Gabriel, is strenght of God or something
Peniel, is face of God or something

And so forth, so what some people say, why is it that this name are in islam if Islam does not teach that El is a name of God what does it mean.

If you look at Tafsir Ibn kathir, which I done a long time ago when I had this question in my mind, it says that names like Jibril and Mikail and so forth the il means something I cant remember but its in there somewhere :p

Kashnowe
03-21-2007, 08:58 PM
can someone please show me in arabic script the name mikail? thanks.

madeenahsh
03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Asallam alaikum warahamtullaahi wabarakatuh..

Best to ask her to read the tafseer and to ask ppl of knowledge before ppl rush to give answers with no reliable ilm Allahu mustaan

http://www.tafsir.com

And any explainations she would need ask her to post on this site so she would get most authentic answer.

http://www.albaseerah.org/contact.htm

http://understand-islam.net.

Wasallam alaikum

- Qatada -
03-22-2007, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cooloonka
can someone please show me in arabic script the name mikail? thanks.

I think it may be this, Allaah knows best.

[قُلْ مَن كَانَ عَدُوًّا لِّجِبْرِيلَ فَإِنَّهُ نَزَّلَهُ عَلَى قَلْبِكَ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ وَهُدًى وَبُشْرَى لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ - مَن كَانَ عَدُوًّا لّلَّهِ وَمَلـئِكَتِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَجِبْرِيلَ وَمِيكَـلَ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ عَدُوٌّ لِّلْكَـفِرِينَ ]

(Qur'an 2:97. Say (O Muhammad ): "Whoever is an enemy to Jibril (Gabriel) (let him die in his fury), for indeed he has brought it (this Qur'an) down to your heart by Allah's permission, confirming what came before it (i.e. the Tawrah and the Injil) and guidance and glad tidings for the believers). (98. "Whoever is an enemy to Allah, His Angels, His Messengers, Jibril and Mika'il, then verily, Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers.'')

Kashnowe
04-28-2007, 03:29 PM
ahh i have posted several inquest about this topic.

the name the way it is spelled is hebrew and translates to "who is like God? (no one is like God)" the parenthesis are part of the translation.

*****NOT**** "one whom is like God" which would be very innapropriate and quite impossible to be like God. it is a question with an answer.

i have done extensive research in this name. i gave the name michael to my son. i wear a necklace aroudn my neck with ميكل.

michael is the same angel as mikail, mikayeel, mihail, etc. they are merely different spellings from different languages like God-english, Allah-arabic, Dios-spanish and so on.

the michael christians believe in is the same michael for the jews and muslims. as is gabriel (jibrail)

hope this helps. tell your friend her name is beautiful and very appropriate.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.