/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Circumcision - need info/help

whitemuslimah
12-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Salaam walaykum all,
I am pregnant and i found out i am expecting a boy. This is going to be my first son, and obviously i came to realisation that he'll have to be circumcised. I live in England and my question is does anyone have a clue where do they do it in a hospital, surgery, mosque ...? I am clueless. Also how can i check and make sure that the doctor or whoever does it is trustworthy? Next question is what is the best age? I know the younger the better, but how young ... 1 week, 1 month, 1 year old? If i am not mistaken islamicly it has to be done before the child reaches 12(not even sure).

Please give me some insight, any relevant info from the net will be appreciated, if any mothers who have sons can share their experience please do.

Jazak Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
whitemuslimah
12-07-2006, 12:43 AM
sorry for mistype in the name of the thread, could a mod kindly correct it thank you. it should have been circumcision

Umar001
12-07-2006, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by whitemuslimah
Salaam walaykum all,
I am pregnant and i found out i am expecting a boy. This is going to be my first son, and obviously i came to realisation that he'll have to be circumcised. I live in England and my question is does anyone have a clue where do they do it in a hospital, surgery, mosque ...? I am clueless. Also how can i check and make sure that the doctor or whoever does it is trustworthy? Next question is what is the best age? I know the younger the better, but how young ... 1 week, 1 month, 1 year old? If i am not mistaken islamicly it has to be done before the child reaches 12(not even sure).

Please give me some insight, any relevant info from the net will be appreciated, if any mothers who have sons can share their experience please do.

Jazak Allah

MashAllah may Allah reward you!! I don't have information, but I doubt it is done at the mosque, since I was a non-Muslim when a baby and I had it done.

I think you can get it done as a normal procedure.

Man am so excited that your having a baby. MashaAllah whoo.

Takbeer,

Allahu Akbar.

Muslim Knight
12-07-2006, 01:19 AM
Maybe you can find a clinic that has Muslim doctors?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
12-07-2006, 01:23 AM
usually in malaysia we done it at clinic...and it is painless.

Muslim Knight
12-07-2006, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
You don't know that. It's only before and not after. :grumbling

Skillganon
12-07-2006, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

I think you can get it done in hospitable, or you can look for a reputable muslim doctor, to do it at home.

Al-Zaara
12-07-2006, 06:27 PM
:sl:

Masha'Allah. Congratulations for expecting a baby boy, insha'Allah he will become a good Muslim and loved by Allah (swt). :)

Male circumcision in Islam has been discussed here before, here are links you may want to check out:

Islam QA

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...t=circumcision

LI Forum

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...t=circumcision

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...t=circumcision

Insha'Allah, they are helpful.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.