/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Hijabs!!!

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Hijab is Arabic for protection and cover. Some people put alot of effort into their Hijab, yet it serves no purpose. I am referring to the pointless Hijab that some girls wear.

The first pointless hijab is referred to as the headband hijab. It is a band of fabric approximately 4 inches wide. It covers the back of the head and allows all the hair to be exposed. It doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but atleast it comes in handy in case of an unexpected tennis match!

The second pointless hijab is the dupatta, also known as the Saran wrap hijab.It covers all the hair, but it is totally transparent. Again, it doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but it keeps the hair nice and fresh!

The third type of hijab is known as the Mickey Mouse Hijab. It is when a girl wears a black scarf and tucks it behind her ears so that her ears stick out!

We now move on to my favourites- the yo-yo hijabs:
The first yo-yo hijab is the scarf that keeps falling down and needs to be constantly pulled back up...up, down, up, down, just like a yo-yo.

The second yo-yo hijab is also referred to as the convertible hijab. This type of hijab is predominant at any type of social event i.e an Aqeeqah, Bismillah party, Ameen party, Wedding, etc.

This is when an Imam or Qari comes up to the microphone and starts to recite the Qur'an. At this point, all the convertible hijabs come up...until he says..."SADAQALLAHUL ADHEEM". I'm not sure, but apparently, in some cultures that translates to "OK SISTERS, YOU MAY TAKE OFF YOUR SCARVES."

I'm sure this may seem odd, but what's even funnier is when people do not anticipate the recitation of the Qur'an at a social event, and are forced to be creative and use accessories such as purses to cover one's hair!

I was surprised to see a woman hold her purse over her head as "HIJAB" ......as if the multitudes of men surrounding her are not a good enough reason to wear hijab, but some guy reciting du'a compels her to hold her purse over her head. Her friends were more creative...one friend used her dinner napkin!

I was also laughing when I saw the communal hijab-two or morw girls dropped under one dinner napkin during the recitation of the Qur'an. Her other friend was still more creative...she used her coffee saucer on the back of her head. I wasnt sure if it was hijab or Yamaka. I didn't know if she was a Muslim or a Jew. I felt like going up to her and saying: "SHALOM ALAIKUM, SISTER"

And, people should remember that hijab is not just a protection from guys, but from a girl's nafs (ego) as well. IT should prevent girls from having to spend hours infront of the mirror doing her hair. But unfortunately, you see girls in front of the mirrors for hours doing their hijab as they would do their hair, with all sorts of elaborate braids and the like. I wanted to go up to a sister and say: "IS YOUR HIJAB NATURALLY CURLY?" I also felt compelled to go up to another girl and say "PARDON ME, BUT IS YOUR HIJAB NATURALLY THAT COLOR OR DID YOU DIE IT?" Well, the point is that some people make an effort to wear hijab, but it is futile, because it is not fulfilling its pupose. It's like using an umbrella with holes in it. Hijab is used for protection from guys as well as from the girl herself, and should not be used as an accessory or for beautifying one's self!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HeiGou
04-07-2006, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
Hijab is used for protection from guys as well as from the girl herself, and should not be used as an accessory or for beautifying one's self!!!
So it is not enough to cover yourself, you have to look ugly as well?

I am interested in why you have posted so many articles on hijab. I mean of all the issues in the Muslim world, this one seem disproportionately important. How much of the Quran or Hadith is devoted to the Hijab? How much of this Forum is? How much of your time is? You reckon the answers are about 1 percent, about 20 percent and about 99 percent? Don't you think there are some more important issues you could be concerned with? Well obviously you do not, but may I ask why you think this is so important? Muslims are out there drinking and gambling and smoking. And sitting on the dole. Isn't that important too?

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Educate a woman and you educate a nation.
Correct a woman's mistakes and you correct the nation's

HeiGou
04-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Really? What makes you think one women has so much more power than one man?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
04-07-2006, 03:03 PM
How much of your time is?
I wear Hijab everytime I go out or a non-mehram comes in front of me (Sum guy hus not related 2 me)

Muslims are out there drinking and gambling and smoking. And sitting on the dole. Isn't that important too?
Yep that is.

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
the words," educate a woman and you educate the nation" are not my words.
Ask the one who said them.
I was juts explaining

HeiGou
04-07-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
I wear Hijab everytime I go out or a non-mehram comes in front of me (Sum guy hus not related 2 me)
Well this whole internet thing must be problematic for you, but I will let it pass. You misunderstand my question. I am not asking how much of your time is spent wearing it. I was asking how much of the Brother's time was spent trying to defend the wearing of it. Look at this Forum. It is packed with people all talking about the hijab. How much time did Muhammed spend talking about the hijab as opposed to, say, poverty and justice? Why do you think that so many people care so much more about hijab than starvation in Niger?

Yep that is.
Then where are the threads on it? Is there one single thread here on why Muslim men should not drink and how important it is to make them stop?

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Muhammad (saw) emphasized on the importance of hijab so much that his daughter Lady Fatimah, before dying told her family to bury her using something like a casket. (In those days, during the Pagan times, coffins were not used. Dead people were left open)

HeiGou
04-07-2006, 03:16 PM
the words," educate a woman and you educate the nation" are not my words.
Ask the one who said them.
I was juts explaining
May I ask whose words they are (and why Muslims are ignoring them)?

And may I also ask what did you mean? If you were explaining you must have had something in mind....

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 03:18 PM
May I ask whose words they are (and why Muslims are ignoring them)?

And may I also ask what did you mean? If you were explaining you must have had something in mind....
1. Muslims are not ignoring them
2. What I was explaining is that since u said that I should not waste my time talking about hijab, I elaborated my point.

HeiGou
04-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Muhammad (saw) emphasized on the importance of hijab so much that his daughter Lady Fatimah, before dying told her family to bury her using something like a casket. (In those days, during the Pagan times, coffins were not used. Dead people were left open)
What is the source for this claim? And how is that related to hijab?

Are you telling me it is forbidden to see the outline of a dead woman?

Light Of Life
04-07-2006, 03:27 PM
I think the author (whoever he/she may be) meant to say that when a woman is educated, she is able to educate her children. Thus, if you educate the women of a nation, they will in turn educate their children, the nation's next generation. Hence, you will be educating a nation? That's an obvious analysis of the sentence, but I don't think it was meant to suggest women are more powerful than men.

HeiGou
04-07-2006, 03:28 PM
1. Muslims are not ignoring them
They seem to be to me. You certainly are. I count twelve threads started by you on the subject of hijab today and one on abortion. But none of alcohol or drug dealing or anything that would restrain the way men have to behave.

Why is that?

2. What I was explaining is that since u said that I should not waste my time talking about hijab, I elaborated my point.
I do not think you should not waste your time on hijab. I am wondering why this is so much more important to you than, say, unemployment and crime among young Muslims.

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
I did not mention that it is haraam to see the outline of a dead woman.
Since you wrote that Muhammad (saw) did not preach much about hijab, I was showing you how much importance Islam has laid on hijab.

And i would appreciate it if you would stop telling me to remind you of your own words

HeiGou
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
I did not mention that it is haraam to see the outline of a dead woman.
Since you wrote that Muhammad (saw) did not preach much about hijab, I was showing you how much importance Islam has laid on hijab.
Except a coffin has nothing to do with hijab does it? Can you explain to me the link between the two?

And i would appreciate it if you would stop telling me to remind you of your own words
I have never even asked you to do that. I am trying to work out what you are saying and it is hard because you are being so evasive.

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 03:32 PM

I do not think you should not waste your time on hijab. I am wondering why this is so much more important to you than, say, unemployment and crime among young Muslims.
All that are important true.
But some philosopher said," educate a woman and you educate the bation", I am trying to educate the mone about hijab and hence if they correct themselves then hopefully the whole nation will be corrected through them.

extinction
04-07-2006, 03:34 PM
haters will be haters!!!I dont get why all these non-muslims who always want to criticise and instill doubts in preying minds come here why dont you find a site that people of your beliefs and do what you want cause you already know all about islam ........so my message to you There is no God except Allah and Muhammad (s.a.w) is his messenger ...........you accept this you are succesful if you dont eternal ruin is in store remember my name Mohammed ibn Abd-Rahman on the day of judgement you can say I asked you to convert .......when you will be denying that no one came to you with the message of Islam and if you do not wish to listen I pray Allah guides you ......but please do not leave critic comments..........

Ghazi
04-07-2006, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
haters will be haters!!!I dont get why all these non-muslims who always want to criticise and instill doubts in preying minds come here why dont you find a site that people of your beliefs and do what you want cause you already know all about islam ........so my message to you There is no God except Allah and Muhammad (s.a.w) is his messenger ...........you accept this you are succesful if you dont eternal ruin is in store remember my name Mohammed ibn Abd-Rahman on the day of judgement you can say I asked you to convert .......when you will be denying that no one came to you with the message of Islam and if you do not wish to listen I pray Allah guides you ......but please do not leave critic comments..........
Salaam

True brother, I'll also be a witness to this.

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Except a coffin has nothing to do with hijab does it? Can you explain to me the link between the two?
What I am saying is that Lady Fatimah asked for something like a coffin to show the importance of hijab.

Sister_6038
04-07-2006, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=HeiGou;246751]So it is not enough to cover yourself, you have to look ugly as well?
QUOTE]

theres a difference between beautifying yourself and perserving the already God given beauty women possess :D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-07-2006, 03:44 PM
alhamdullilah for my sisters. They were full covering hijaabs and dont wear any make up. Alhamdullilah :)

Sister_6038
04-07-2006, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
alhamdullilah for my sisters. They were full covering hijaabs and dont wear any make up. Alhamdullilah :)
pffft make up....its an allergic reaction waiting to happen ;D ;D :okay: :okay:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-07-2006, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
pffft make up....its an allergic reaction waiting to happen ;D ;D :okay: :okay:
^ Alhamdullilah for the sister above, she wears a full covering hijaab (i hope) and duznt indulge in silly things like makeup which in my opinion ruin peoples beauty. Alhamdullilah for my sister :)

Sister_6038
04-07-2006, 03:53 PM
^ Alhamdullilah for the sister above, she wears a full covering hijaab (i hope) and duznt indulge in silly things like makeup which in my opinion ruin peoples beauty. Alhamdullilah for my sister :)
yeh i do bro....its a part of me....i cant really explain in words the sincere importance it has for me :statisfie :statisfie

Umm Yoosuf
04-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by HeiGou

Why not? We are Muslim's the Hijab concerns. Not you so don't worry about how many threads are created regarding this issue or any other issue.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-07-2006, 03:54 PM
yeh i do bro....its a part of me....i cant really explain in words the sincere importance it has for me :statisfie :statisfie
yeh u do what? lol? sry im confused :?

Sister_6038
04-07-2006, 03:56 PM
lol i meant wearing the hijab not the makeup:hiding:

j4763
04-07-2006, 03:56 PM
What I am saying is that Lady Fatimah asked for something like a coffin to show the importance of hijab.
I dont get it? How does being buried show the importance of the hijab? Maybe if she asked to be buried in the hijab maybe.

Kittygyal
04-07-2006, 03:57 PM

bro ''click'' on :giggling: :giggling:

take care

------
04-07-2006, 04:14 PM
How much time did Muhammed spend talking about the hijab as opposed to, say, poverty and justice? Why do you think that so many people care so much more about hijab than starvation in Niger?
Hmm....

Then where are the threads on it? Is there one single thread here on why Muslim men should not drink and how important it is to make them stop
Again...Hmm..

HeiGou
04-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Hmm....

Again...Hmm..
I am serious and genuine. I have never understood why such an issue generates so much heat and passion when other issues, which I would think were important, do not. People are dying in Somalia. We have Somalis here. Drought is about to kill thousands. How many threads on dying Somalis? How many on Hijab?

Am I the only one who thinks that the priorities of some people are a little odd?

Now this is not to say that hijab is not an important issue. But it is really more important than, say, relief for Somalia?

Sis786
04-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Hijab is more important then we think most women think lets first do this then wear the Hijab and some women say "Well i pray 5 times" as if that compensates for the Hijab.

In the Quran Allah SWT told Muhammed pbhu for his women to wear the Hijab and "All believing" women.

From this you can see that to be a believer in Islam you must wear the Hijab.

Malsidabym
04-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I am serious and genuine. I have never understood why such an issue generates so much heat and passion when other issues, which I would think were important, do not. People are dying in Somalia. We have Somalis here. Drought is about to kill thousands. How many threads on dying Somalis? How many on Hijab?

Am I the only one who thinks that the priorities of some people are a little odd?

Now this is not to say that hijab is not an important issue. But it is really more important than, say, relief for Somalia?
HeiGou raises an important question here. Should the hijab not be way down the list of important issues?
No, I find it it odd as well.

Muezzin
04-07-2006, 04:31 PM
I think everyone needs to step back and see the first post for the humorous reminder that it is. I've read it before and it is quite funny.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-07-2006, 04:33 PM
The notion stems from the emphasis Islam places on honoring the mother and giving the daughter a good upbringing, because they will be the future mothers of the nation. As one scholar pointed out, the mothers are the first and most important schools (sources of education) of the nation. Thus, we understand the Prophetic statement, Paradise lies under the feet of your mother (Musnad Ahmad, Sunan Ibn Majah, Sunan An-Nasaa'i) to be emphasizing that paradise comes from the serving and honoring our mothers, the women of the nation. Likewise, the Prophet Muhammad pbuh said Whoever cares for three daughters, gives them a good upbrining, marries them to good husbands and treats them with compassion, their reward will be paradise (Sunan Abi Dawud). And Whoever had a daughter and does not prefer his son over her, Allah will admit him to paradise because of her (Mustadarak Al-Haakim).

As for why the emphasis on hijab, it is an issue that many people have misconceptions about, and needs to be clarified. As for the plight of Muslims, this will change once Muslims return to their religion.

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-07-2006, 05:37 PM
lol i meant wearing the hijab not the makeup:hiding:
Alhamdullilah :) I really hate it when people try to change there appearance, like Allah didnt giv them enuff beauty!!!!! :rant:

Sister_6038
04-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Alhamdullilah :) I really hate it when people try to change there appearance, like Allah didnt giv them enuff beauty!!!!! :rant:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Light Of Life
04-07-2006, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
The notion stems from the emphasis Islam places on honoring the mother and giving the daughter a good upbringing, because they will be the future mothers of the nation. As one scholar pointed out, the mothers are the first and most important schools (sources of education) of the nation. Thus, we understand the Prophetic statement, Paradise lies under the feet of your mother (Musnad Ahmad, Sunan Ibn Majah, Sunan An-Nasaa'i) to be emphasizing that paradise comes from the serving and honoring our mothers, the women of the nation. Likewise, the Prophet Muhammad pbuh said Whoever cares for three daughters, gives them a good upbrining, marries them to good husbands and treats them with compassion, their reward will be paradise (Sunan Abi Dawud). And Whoever had a daughter and does not prefer his son over her, Allah will admit him to paradise because of her (Mustadarak Al-Haakim).

As for why the emphasis on hijab, it is an issue that many people have misconceptions about, and needs to be clarified. As for the plight of Muslims, this will change once Muslims return to their religion.

Peace.
I learned so much from that. :)

HeiGou
04-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Yeah but where do you draw the line? Wash your face in the morning? Brush your hair? Brush your teeth? Shave, umm, in certain parts of the body?

------
04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
HeiGou raises an important question here. Should the hijab not be way down the list of important issues?
Well it is important for women, if you know what I mean...

IbnAbdulHakim
04-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah but where do you draw the line? Wash your face in the morning? Brush your hair? Brush your teeth? Shave, umm, in certain parts of the body?
to clean and to modify are two very different things!

Light Of Life
04-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Cleanliness is an obligation in Islam.

HeiGou
04-08-2006, 08:59 AM
to clean and to modify are two very different things!
Well true, but to shave is to modify. To cut hair is to modify although I suppose most of that does not matter. If a woman only had one eyebrow may she wax and pluck and still be observant?

------
04-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Well ur not allowed to do ur eyebros in Islam so....

IbnAbdulHakim
04-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Well true, but to shave is to modify. To cut hair is to modify although I suppose most of that does not matter. If a woman only had one eyebrow may she wax and pluck and still be observant?
no really think about it. Puttin on makup and cosmetics doesnt make you any cleaner, it jus makes u "ehhem luk better.... AS IF!!!!". But shavin/cuttin hair etc is a form of cleanliness becoz the unmentionable areas are said to be dirty. Therefore dirtiness must b shaved.

waxin and stuff is not allowed, as thats modifying and not cleaning :)

:peace: PEACE MAN!!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Well ur not allowed to do ur eyebros in Islam so....
thats ur opinion, i'll kill my sis if she tries change the beautiful eyebrows Allah gave her :grumbling :grumbling

------
04-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Bro thats what I meant ur NOT allowed LOL :p

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Bro thats what I meant ur NOT allowed LOL :p
:hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :statisfie

------
04-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Hehehehehe lol tkcr

Shadow_of_White
04-09-2006, 01:57 PM
So it is not enough to cover yourself, you have to look ugly as well?

I am interested in why you have posted so many articles on hijab. I mean of all the issues in the Muslim world, this one seem disproportionately important. How much of the Quran or Hadith is devoted to the Hijab? How much of this Forum is? How much of your time is? You reckon the answers are about 1 percent, about 20 percent and about 99 percent? Don't you think there are some more important issues you could be concerned with? Well obviously you do not, but may I ask why you think this is so important? Muslims are out there drinking and gambling and smoking. And sitting on the dole. Isn't that important too?
Allah ordered wearing Hijaab in Kur'an so that we women are safe from men's looks,
Submission to Allah SWT requires that we put Him before ourselves. That we put our desires second to His desire for us. That we acknowledge that He knows better than we do what is right for us.

The Quran also tells us to obey the Prophet (sAas) as well as Allah SWT (see for example Surah an-Nisa ayah 59). It tells us that if we have faith we will take the Prophet (sAas) as the judge of any dispute (Surah an-Nisa ayah 65). It tells us that when both Allah SWT and the Prophet (sAas) have decided a matter it is not for a Muslim or Muslimah to have any further say in that matter (Surah al-Ahzab ayah 36). It tells us that what the Prophet (sAas) has given us, we should take and what he has prohibited to us, we should refrain from (Surah al-Hashr ayah 7). And it tells us that the Prophet (sAas) has been sent not just to deliver the Quran but also to explain it (Surah an-Nahl ayah 44).

So, what do the Quran and Sunna say about hijab? There are two ayat of the Quran that deal with hijab. These are Surah an-Nur ayah 31 and Surah al-Ahzab ayah 59. Let's look at what these ayat say, and how the Prophet (sAas) has explained them.

Surah an-Nur ayah 31 says:

Wa qul li al-mu'minat yaghdudna min absarihinna wa yahfazna furujahunna wa laa yubdina zenatahunna illa maa zahara min haa wal-yadribna bi khumurihinna ala juyubihinna; wa laa yubdina zenatahunna illa li bu'ulatihinna aw aba'ihinna aw aba'i bu'ulatihinna aw abna'ihinna aw abna'i bu'ulatihinna aw ikhwanihinna aw bani ikhwanihinna aw bani akhawatihinna aw nisa'ihinna aw maa malakat aymanu hunna aw at-tabi'ina ghayri ulu'l-irbat min ar-rijal aw at-tifl alladhina lam yazharu ala awrat an-nisa wa laa yadribna bi arjulihinna li yu'lama maa yukhfina min zenatahinna. Wa tubu ilaAllahi jami'an, ayyuha al-mu'minun la'allakum tuflihun

And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful
Surah al-Ahzab ayah 59 says:

Ya ayyuha an-Nabiyy qul li azwajika wa banatika wa nisa al-mu'minin yudnina alayhinna min jalabib hinna; dhalika adna an yu'rafna fa laa yu'dhayn. Wa kana Allahu Ghafur Rahim

O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outergarments (jilbabs) close around themselves; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.

Together, these two ayat lay out seven commandments for Muslim sisters:

"to lower their gazes"
"to guard their private parts"
"not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it"
"to extend their headcoverings to cover their bosoms"
"not to display their beauty except to their husbands or their fathers..."
"not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide"
"to draw their outergarments close around themselves"
It can be seen that three of these commandments relate to behavior. These are:

lowering the gaze
guarding the private parts
not striking the feet on the ground so as to give knowledge of what is hidden
Lowering the gaze means not looking at what is forbidden to be seen of others. Guarding the private parts means that only the husband is allowed to see or touch them. Not giving knowledge of what is hidden means not posturing or strutting around so as to jangle hidden jewelry or make men think about hidden body parts. All of these are part of what Allah SWT has commanded in regard to hijab

According to the Quran and Sunna, hijab consists of modest behavior in lowering the gaze, guarding the private parts, and avoiding showing off, and of modest dress. The modest dress includes a headscarf and must cover all of the body except the face and the hands. Outdoors and in open public places, a long coat (jilbab) should be worn in addition to the modest dress commanded by Surah an-Nur ayah 31. Each of these obligations is clearly set out in the Quran and has been explained by the Prophet (sAas).

S_87
04-09-2006, 07:08 PM
I am interested in why you have posted so many articles on hijab
the west got some funny idea the hijab/niqab is an oppression to women. we need to show everyone yo the niqab is a honour and we are totally proub and happy to weat it. understand?

HeiGou
04-09-2006, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
the west got some funny idea the hijab/niqab is an oppression to women. we need to show everyone yo the niqab is a honour and we are totally proub and happy to weat it. understand?
Not really because I could start listing all the funny things Westerners think and I'd still not be done by this time next week.

It is a big issue among Muslims as well. So it is not just when dealing with us that Muslims care. It is the first thing pious people start with, it is the first thing most men seem to talk about.

S_87
04-09-2006, 07:18 PM
yh well its got big significane in islam. a woman must be modest

sameer
10-30-2006, 06:20 PM
salaams. I recieved thisin an email.

HILARIOUS HIJABS
>>
>>The author of this article "Observations on Hijab" is unknown.
>>It is however, thought to be written by a brother.
>>Funny as it is, there are a number of lessons to be learnt...
>>
>>It has been my personal observation that some Muslim s and
>>women do not realise the significance of hijab. Hijab is Arabic for
>>protection and cover. Some people put a lot of effort into their
>>hijab, yet it serves no purpose. I am referring to the pointless
>>hijab that some s wear.
>>
>>The first pointless hijab is referred to as the headband hijab. It
>>is a band of fabric approximately 4 inches wide. It covers the back
>>of the head and allows all the hair to be exposed. It doesn't serve
>>much in terms of modesty, but at least it comes in handy in case of
>>an unexpected tennis match!
>>
>>The second pointless hijab is the dupatta, also
>>known as the Saran wrap hijab. It covers all the hair, but it is
>>totally transparent. Again it doesn't serve much in terms of
>>modesty, but it keeps the hair nice and fresh!
>>
>>The third type of hijab is known as the Micky Mouse Hijab. It is
>>when a wears a black scarf and tucks it behind her ear, so
>>that her ears stick out!
>>
>>We now move on to my favourites - the yo-yo hijabs:
>>The first yo-yo hijab is the scarf that keeps falling down and
>>needs to be constantly pulled back up.... up, down, up, down, just
>>like a yo-yo!
>>
>>The second yo-yo hijab is also referred to as the convertibe hijab.
>>This type of hijab is predominant at any type of social event, i.e.
>>an Aqeeqah, Wedding and Nikkah. This is when an Imam or Qari comes
>>up to the microphone and starts to recite Qur'an. At this point,
>>all the convertible hijabs come up... until he says
>>"SadaqAllahu Atheem." I'm not sure, but apparently in some cultures
>>that translates to "OK sisters, you may take off your scarves."
>>
>>I'm sure this may seem odd, but what's even funnier is when people
>>do not anticipate the recitation of Qur'an at a social event, and
>>are forced to be creative and use accessories such as a purse to
>>cover one's hair. I was surprized to see a woman hold her purse
>>over her head as "hijab"... as if the multitudes of men surrounding
>>her are not a good enough reason to wear hijab, but some guy
>>reciting du'a compels her to hold a purse over her head. Her
>>friends were more creative... one friend used her dinner napkin. I
>>was also laughing when i saw the communal hijab- two or more s
>>dropped under one dinner napkin during the recitation of Qur'an.
>>Her other friend was still more creative. She used her coffee
>>saucer on the back of her head. I wasn't sure
>>of it was hijab or Yamaka. I didn't know if she was a Muslim or a
>>Jew. I felt like going up to her and saying "Shalom alaikum,
>>sister."
>>
>>And, people should remember that hijab is not just a protection
>>from guys, but from a s' nafs (ego) as well. It should prevent
>> s from having to spend hours in front of the mirror doing her
>>hair. But, unfortunately, you see s in front of the mirror for
>>hours doing their hijab as they would do their hair, with all sorts
>>of elaborate braids and the like. I wanted to go up to a sister and
>>say "Is your hijab naturally curly?" I also felt compelled to go up
>>to another girl and say "Pardon me, but is your hijab naturally
>>that colour, or did you dye it"?
>>
>>Well the point is that some people make an effort to wear hijab,
>>but it is futile, because it is not fulfilling its purpose. It's
>>like using an umbrella with holes in it. Hijab is
>>used for protection from guys as well as from the herself, and
>>should not be used as an accessory or for beautifying one's self.
>>
>>Any way, that's it. If any one disagrees with me or is offended,
>>then you are disagreeing with the teachings of Allah Subhaanuhu wa
>>Ta'ala.
>>
>>
>>Source: Uknown

Pk_#2
10-30-2006, 06:47 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

LOL dat was funny! jazakhala for sharing,

i'm guessing 's' meant sisters?

Well the point is that some people make an effort to wear hijab, but it is futile, because it is not fulfilling its purpose. It's like using an umbrella with holes in it.

das a gud analogy!

Tc.

The Ruler
10-30-2006, 06:51 PM
:sl:

:lol:

nice :D...read it before but its still good to read it again :D...whn my mum was young, she used to raise her frock to cover her head when the athan was given although he back was bare :lol: ;D

:w:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-30-2006, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
>>We now move on to my favourites - the yo-yo hijabs:
>>The first yo-yo hijab is the scarf that keeps falling down and
>>needs to be constantly pulled back up.... up, down, up, down, just
>>like a yo-yo!
>>

now that one killed it :lol:..hahahaha...

am sooo glad i dont fit into them catalogues *phheeewww*

i make sure my hair is fully covered .. well it has to be if i wear a jilbaba to..lol..or it looks odd:uuh: even if it has holes in them i make sure i have layers underneith to keep my hair covered!!!...n yeh its pointless really if your hair is shown..but hey atleast they makin n effort..:D

Pk_#2
10-30-2006, 06:55 PM
^^^ das nice! LOL

ma mum used to put a towel on her head wen eating :D

If her hijaab wasn't next to her :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-30-2006, 06:56 PM
^^^hehe lol...i do that wen un expected guest turn up especially my brothers friends now that embarassing..lol..

Pk_#2
10-30-2006, 07:02 PM
^^ ahh ohh no!!

Hijaabi22
10-30-2006, 07:30 PM
ahahaahah funny man but seen it b4

syilla
10-31-2006, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
AsalamuAlaykum,

LOL dat was funny! jazakhala for sharing,

i'm guessing 's' meant sisters?

Well the point is that some people make an effort to wear hijab, but it is futile, because it is not fulfilling its purpose. It's like using an umbrella with holes in it.

das a gud analogy!

Tc.

yeah...you're right...

sometime they spend hours infront of the mirror to style their hijab...

but its not fulfilling any its purpose...

wouldn't it nice to keep it simple...easy to wear...but at the same time it can fulfill...its purpose...

BlissfullyJaded
10-31-2006, 12:41 AM

*Threads Merged*

-Shakirah-
12-07-2006, 10:37 AM
HIJAB!!!
HILARIOUS HIJABS

The author of this article "Observations on Hijab" is unknown.
It is however, thought to be written by a brother.
Funny as it is, there are a number of lessons to be learnt...

It has been my personal observation that some Muslim girls and women do not realise the significance of hijab. Hijab is Arabic for protection and cover. Some people put a lot of effort into their hijab, yet it serves no purpose. I am referring to the pointless hijab that some girls wear.

The first pointless hijab is referred to as the headband hijab. It is a band of fabric approximately 4 inches wide. It covers the back of the head and allows all the hair to be exposed. It doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but at least it comes in handy in case of an unexpected tennis match!

The second pointless hijab is the dupatta by asian women, also known as the Saran wrap hijab. It covers all the hair, but it is totally transparent. Again it doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but it keeps the hair nice and fresh!

The third type of hijab is known as the Micky Mouse Hijab. It is when a girl wears a black scarf and tucks it behind her ear, so that her ears stick out!

We now move on to my favourites - the yo-yo hijabs:
The first yo-yo hijab is the scarf that keeps falling down and needs to be constantly pulled back up.... up, down, up, down, just like a yo-yo!

The second yo-yo hijab is also referred to as the convertibe hijab. This type of hijab is predominant at any type of social event, i.e. an Aqeeqah, Islamic talk wedding, etc. This is when an Imam or Qari comes up to the microphone and starts to recite Qur'an. At this point, all the convertible hijabs come up... until he says "SadaqAllahu Atheem." I'm not sure, but apparently in some cultures that translates to "OK sisters, you may take off your scarves."

I'm sure this may seem odd, but what's even funnier is when people do not anticipate the recitation of Qur'an at a social event, and are forced to be creative and use accessories such as a purse to cover one's hair. I was surprized to see a woman hold her purse over her head as "hijab"... as if the multitudes of men surrounding her are not a good enough reason to wear hijab, but some guy reciting du'aas compels her to hold a purse over her head. Her friends were more creative... one friend used her dinner napkin. I was also laughing when i saw the communal hijab- two or more girls dropped under one dinner napkin during the recitation of Qur'an. Her other friend was still more creative. She used her coffee saucer on the back of her head. I wasn't sure of it was hijab or Yamaka. I didn't know if she was a Muslim or a Jew. I felt like going up to her and saying "Shalom alaikum, sister."

And, people should remember that hijab is not just a protection from guys, but from a girls' nafs (ego) as well. It should prevent girls from having to spend hours in front of the mirror doing her hair. But, unfortunately, you see girls in front of the mirror for hours doing their hijab as they would do their hair, with all sorts of elaborate braids and the like. I wanted to go up to a sister and say "Is your hijab naturally curly?" I also felt compelled to go up to another girl and say "Pardon me, but is your hijab naturally that colour, or did you dye it"?

Well the point is that some people make an effort to wear hijab, but it is futile, because it is not fulfilling its purpose. It's like using an umbrella with holes in it. Hijab is used for protection from guys as well as from the girl herself, and should not be used as an accessory or for beautifying one's self.

Any way, that's it. If any one disagrees with me or is offended, then you are disagreeing with the teachings of Allah Subhaanuhu wa Ta'ala.

Source: Uknown

myskillzgotgame
12-16-2006, 12:06 AM
lool... so funny.. i read the first post about hijabs and i was laughing hard.. especialy about the dinner napkin lol. And it is soo true.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.