/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Quotations

QURBAN
05-22-2006, 04:25 PM
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful!

By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
Verily Man is in loss,
Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.

Holy Quran- (Surah Asr 103:1-3) (Translation By Yusuf Ali)

Peace to those who follow the Guidance

Insha Allah you will find the following useful.

Excerpted, with slight modifications from, www.islam-qa.com

Question

On a daily basis I send out short enlightening phrases/verses from hadeeth to my friends via SMS (text message) to their cellular phones. I am in search of short phrases/quotes/verses which are islamic. Could you please send me a list or refer me to a website where I can find some. My friends have become accostomed to recieving their daily quote..etc and I have noticed that these quotes have had a positive influence on them and would like to continue doing this. Your response to my request will be appreciated

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.

May Allaah reward you for your great efforts to call your brothers to Allaah and advise and remind them by means of these brief Islamic quotations. There follows a list of some wise sayings and general rules, taken from the Qur’aan, Sunnah and words of Muslim wise men.

"And whenever you give your word, say the truth" [al-An’aam 6:152]

"And seek help in patience and prayer" [al-Baqarah 2:45]

"And speak good to people" [al-Baqarah 2:83]

"And fulfil the Covenant of Allaah when you have covenanted" [al-Nahl 16:91]

Verily! Allaah commands that you should render back the trusts to those to whom they are due [al-Nisa’ 4:58]

"And let not your hand be tied (like a miser) to your neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach (like a spendthrift)" [al-Isra’ 17:29]

"Eat and drink, but waste not by extravagance" [al-A’raaf 7:31]

"And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best provision is al-taqwa (piety, righteousness)" [al-Baqarah 2:197]

"And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty)" [al-Talaaq 65:2]

"And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him" [al-Talaaq 65:3]

"He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah" [al-Nisa’ 4:80]

"By no means shall you attain al-birr (righteousness) until you spend (in Allaah’s cause) of that which you love" [Aal ‘Imraan 3:92]

"Allaah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of Affairs (for us)" [Aal ‘Imraan 3:171]

"And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance" [al-Isra’ 17:37]

"And turn not your face away from men with pride" [Luqmaan 31:18]

"And be moderate (or show no arrogance) in your walking, and lower your voice" [Luqmaan 31:19]

"And give not a thing in order to have more (or consider not your deeds of obedience to Allaah as a favour to Allaah)" [al-Muddaththir 74:6]

“Pay attention to Allaah and He will pay attention to you.”

“If you feel no shame, then do as you wish.”

“Make sure your food is good (halaal and bought with halaal earnings), and you will be one whose prayers are answered.”

“Fear Allaah wherever you may be.”

“Follow up a bad deed with a good deed, to cancel it out.”

“Mix with people with a good attitude.”

“Keep away from prohibited things and you will be the best of worshippers.”

“Be content with what Allaah has given you, and you will be the richest of people.”

“Love for other people what you love for yourself.”

“Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.”

“Wrongdoing will be multiple darkness on the Day of Resurrection.”

“Fear Allaah and treat all your children fairly.”

“Fear the Fire, even if by giving half a date (in charity).”

“Fear the prayer of the oppressed.”

“The thing that weighs most heavily in the balance (of good deeds) is a good attitude.”

“Deliberation is from Allaah, haste is from Shaytaan.”

“The less your wealth, the less you will be called to account for.”

“Do not become angry, and Paradise will be yours.”

“The most beloved of deeds to Allaah is the one that is continuous, even if it is little.”

“The most beloved of places to Allaah are the mosques.”

“The most hated of places to Allaah are the marketplaces.”

“The most beloved of food to Allaah is that which is touched by many hands (i.e., shared among many people).”

“The most beloved of speech to Allaah is that a person should say, ‘Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih (Glory and praise be to Allaah)’.”

“The most beloved of people to Allaah is the one who is most helpful.”

“The most beloved deed to Allaah is making a Muslim happy.”

“Whoever restrains his anger, Allaah will conceal his faults.”

“A bad attitude spoils a good deed just as vinegar spoils honey.”

“The most beloved of people to Allaah are those who have the best attitudes.”

“Beware of this world, for it is sweet and tempting.”

“Control your tongue.”

“Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.”

“Give back the things you have been entrusted with to the person who entrusted them to you.”

“Do not betray the one who betrays you.”

“Pray to Allaah and be confident of a response.”

“Cheer people up, do not put them off.”

“Make things easy for people, not difficult.”

“Eat with your right hand and eat from what is in front of you.”

“If Allaah gives you wealth, let the blessing of Allaah be seen on you.”

“If someone who is distinguished among his own people comes to you, then honour him.”

“If one with whose religion and character you are pleased comes to you (to seek your daughter’s hand in marriage), then marry (your daughter) to him.”

“If Allaah wills good to the people of a household, He guides them to be gentle.”

“If you do something bad, follow it by doing something good.”

“If you feel uncomfortable about something, then leave it alone.”

“If you judge (between people), then judge fairly.”

“If you enter a house, greet the inhabitants with salaam.”

“If you are reminded of Allaah, stop what you are doing (of sin).”

“If Allaah sends you some provision without you looking forward to it or asking others for it, then take it.”

“If you ask Allaah for anything, then ask Him for al-Firdaws (the highest level of Paradise).”

“If your good deeds please you and your bad deeds upset you, then you are a mu’min (believer).”

“If you hear the call to prayer, then respond to the one who is calling you to Allaah.”

“If you hear the call to prayer, then say something like the muezzin says.”

“If any one of you becomes angry, let him keep silent.”

“If a man becomes angry and says ‘A’oodhu Billaah (I seek refuge with Allaah),’ his anger will cease.”

“When you stand up to pray, pray as if it is your last prayer.”

“When you get dressed and when you do wudoo’, start on the right.”

“When any one of you meets his brother, let him greet him with salaam.”

“Remember death when you are praying.”

“Show mercy towards those who are on earth so that the One Who is in heaven will show mercy to you.”

“Renounce pleasure in worldly things and Allaah will love you.”

“Show disinterest in what people have and people will love you.”

“Feel properly shy and modest before Allaah.”

Protect “the head and what does through it (thoughts and ideas).”

Protect “the stomach and what goes into it.”

“Seek help in whatever you do by being discreet.”

“Everyone who is given a blessing will be envied.”

“No one can keep their wudoo’ except a believer.”

“The worst thief among people is the one who steals from his prayer, by not doing rukoo’ and sujood properly.”

“Intercede and you will be rewarded.”

“The most grateful of people to Allaah are those who are most grateful to other people.”

The trouble with beauty is feelings of superiority.

The trouble with generosity is extravagance.

The trouble with noble descent is pride.

The trouble with knowledge is forgetfulness.

“Give to the one who denied you.”

“Uphold ties with the one who cuts you off.”

“Forgive the one who does you wrong.”

May Allaah have mercy on the person who said “Good” and was rewarded or who remained silent and was safe.

Wine is the key to all evil.

The one who is more daring in giving fatwas is more deserving of Hell.

Love the poor and mix with them.

It is better to err in forgiving than to err in punishment.

Do not judge between people when you are angry.

If you want to count the faults of anyone else, count your own faults instead.

If you commit a sin, say “Astaghfir-Allaah (I ask Allaah for forgiveness).”

If you are given a blessing, say, “Al-Hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah).”

If some disaster befalls you, say, “Innaa Lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji’oon (Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return).”

Seek rizq (provision) by giving charity

“Give food to others and speak good.”

“Seek a response to du’aa’s when the iqaamah for prayer is given and when rain is falling.”

The people with the longest necks on the Day of Resurrection will be the muezzins.

“Worship Allaah as if you see Him.”

“The most helpless of people are those who cannot make du’aa’.”

“The most miserly of people are those who are stingy with their salaams (i.e., do not greet others).”

“Pay the hired worker his wages before his sweat dries.”

“Tie up (your camel) [i.e., take the necessary precautions], and put your trust in Allaah.”

“Make the most of your life before your death.”

Make the most of “your health before your sickness.”

Make the most of “your free time before you become busy.”

Make the most of “your wealth before you become poor.”

Make the most of “your youth before you become old.”

“The best of dhikr is ‘La ilaaha ill-Allaah.’”

“The best of sadaqah (charity) is that given by one who has little.”

“The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).”

The best of earnings is a good sale.

“The best of the believers is one who is best in attitude.”

“The best of the muhaajireen is the one who forsakes (hajara) that which Allaah has prohibited.”

“The best type of jihaad is the jihaad of the one who strives against his own self (jihaad al-nafs) for the sake of Allaah.”

“Read the Qur’aan throughout every month.”

“Read the Qur’aan, for it will come and intercede for its readers on the Day of Resurrection.”

“Pray for Allaah to keep you safe and sound.”

“Most of the sins committed by the son of Adam are sins of the tongue.”

“Repeat often ‘Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaah (there is no power or strength except with Allaah)’, for it is from the treasure of Paradise.”

“Always remember the destroyer of joy (physical pleasure): death.”

“Lower your gaze and guard your private parts.”

“There is no goodness in the one who is not friendly or likeable.”

“Stay with her (the mother), for Paradise is under her feet.”

“Keep saying ‘Yaa Dhaa’l-jalaali wa’l-ikraam (O Possessor of Glory and Honour)’” i.e., keep repeating it persistently.

“Islam cancels out what came before it (of sins).”

“Every bid’ah (innovation) is a going astray and every going astray will end in Hell.”

“Control your tongue, let your house be enough for you, and weep for your sins.”

“(Take care of) your mother, then your mother, then your mother, then your father, then other relatives in order of closeness.”

“Feed the poor and pat the head of the orphan (i.e., show compassion).”

“The one who points the way to good deeds is like the one who does them.”

This is a list of useful sayings and general rules, which we ask Allaah to make of benefit to people. When you have finished sending them out, if you would like more, just let us know so that we can compile some more. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

Kind Regards

Qurban

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
08-16-2006, 09:34 PM
:sl:

Post your Islamic quotes here, it could be from the Quraan, RasoolAllah[saw], Sahaabah[RA] and other islamic figures [Including Sheikhs of today :)].

I want to post one or two, my first one is a quote from RasoolAllah [saw]:

You will not enter Jannah until you have believed, you have not truly believed until have have love [for Allah[swt] and his Rasool[saw]]

[Saheeh Muslim]

And this one was in my Sig a while back, from a Khutbah by Sheikh Su'ud Shuraim[HA]:

All going towards one lord, All dressed in one cloth all chanting the same slogan, labyk Allah huma labayk labaya laa shareeka laka labayk...

That sounds awesome in arabic :wub:

azim
08-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Khalid bin Waleed: -

"I bring men who seek death more then your men seek life"

and also...

Upon the Roman and Muslim army meeting: -

Roman General: "We know that it is hunger and poverty that have driven you out of your lands. Go back, and we will give each of your men 10 dinars and a cloth, and send a similar amount every year".

Khalid bin Waleed: "Actually, we are a people who drink blood...and it has reached us that there is no tastier blood then Roman blood"

chacha_jalebi
08-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Hadiths

"love someone moderatly, because that person may be one you turn to hate"
[tirmidhi]

Hadhrat Ali (ra) - "A real Scholar is one, who isnt ashamed of asking for help & if he dont know a answer, always says Allah Knows Best" :D:D:D dats me signature aswell :D:D:D

alsooo Hadhrat Umar (ra) - "If Allah (swt) called from heaven & said, only one of you will go to heaven, i have belief in my Allah (swt) that he will pick me"#

this sayin shows, that no matter what, in our belief we shouldnt hav any "ifs" or "buts"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azim
08-17-2006, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
Hadiths

"love someone moderatly, because that person may be one you turn to hate"
[tirmidhi]

Hadhrat Ali (ra) - "A real Scholar is one, who isnt ashamed of asking for help & if he dont know a answer, always says Allah Knows Best" :D:D:D dats me signature aswell :D:D:D

alsooo Hadhrat Umar (ra) - "If Allah (swt) called from heaven & said, only one of you will go to heaven, i have belief in my Allah (swt) that he will pick me"#

this sayin shows, that no matter what, in our belief we shouldnt hav any "ifs" or "buts"
Mm, I've also heard a saying that Abu Bakr said that if his right leg was in Jannah, and his left leg not yet in - he still wouldnt be sure of his salvation.

SirZubair
08-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Put aside your pride,

Set down your arrogance,

and remember your grave.

-Ali bin Abu Talib (radiallahu anhu)

You possess only whatever will not be lost in a ship wreck.

-Imam Ghazali

Fear more the sin when you are out of sight, it is where your witness is also your judge. - Imam 'Ali

Love for God envelopes the heart, it rules the heart and it even spreads over everything.
- Imam Ghazzali

Acquire knowledge, and for acquiring knowledge learn to be calm and clement.
- Caliph Umar

( Insha'allah )

Know that patience, if viewed against one's affairs is like the head to the body. If the head leaves the body the whole body will be spoiled, likewise, if patience leaves, all affairs will be spoiled.
- Caliph Ali

Patience is of two halves, one half is patience, the other half is thanking God.
- Ibn Masud

The person I like most is the one who points out my defects.
- Caliph Umar

Once upon a time,a man came to Imam Shafi'i and asked him "How do you manage to have such perfect character all the time?"

Imam shafi'i replied "i take my critics seriously"

This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction.

-Muhammad Ali

When a man committeth adultery, Iman (Faith) leaveth him; but when he leaveth such evil ways, Iman wil return to him.

Your smiling in your brother's face is charity; and your exhorting man to virtuous deeds is charity; and your prohibiting the forbidden is charity; and your showing men the road, in the land in which they lose it, is charity; and your assisting the blind is charity.

- Prophet Muhammed S.A.W

The eye of the heart, though closed in fallen man, is able to take in a glimmering of light and this is faith. But anway of living causes a covering like rust to accumulate over the heart so that it cannot sense the Divine origin of God's message.

- Martin Lings (Abu Bakr Sirajuddin)

A man cannot be a Muslim till his heart and tongue are so.

- Prophet Muhammed s.a.w

(which reminds me of something Imam Abu Hanifa once said,..that a person needs to accept islam with 2 vital organs inorder to be a muslim,..the first being his tongue,and the 2nd being his heart..)

(..not his exact words,but something along the lines of that)

Does money upset the hearts of learned men?
He answered, "men whose hearts are changed by money are not learned"

- Abu Hamid Al Ghazali

The Righteous Salaf were as fearful of their good deeds being squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is certain that their neglect would be forgiven.

-Hasan alBasri

Has not the Prophet of Islam, peace and blessings be upon him, warned us to : “Beware of the supplication of the oppressed, even if he is a disbeliever, for there is no veil (separating his supplication from God)”

- Tariq Ramadan (Quoting Prophet Muhammed pbuh)

Lie to a liar, for lies are his coin; Steal from a thief, for that is easy; lay a trap for a trickster and catch him at first attempt; but beware of an honest man.

-Arabian proverb

He is not of me who, when he speaketh, speaketh falsely; who, when he promiseth, breaketh his promises; and who, when trust is reposed in him, faileth in his trust. - Prophet Muhammed s.a.w

(Btw, Iqqypoo, no prob's ;) )

Can anyone walk through water without wetting his feet? The companions replied, "No;" Muhammad said, "Such is the condition of those of the world; they are not safe from sins."

A sincere repenter of faults is like him who hath committed none.

"There is no place in my religon for a man who has had mercy removed from his heart" - Prophet Muhammed S.A.W

Now THAT is something we should all keep in mind.

Subhan'allah, looking around this forum today, i can point out dozens of people whom Muhammed s.a.w has described in that saying.

Aud'billah.

May God bless the man who says less and does more.

-Omar ibn Khattab (r.a.)

If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
In Happy moments, praise God.
In Difficult moments, seek God.
In Quiet moments, worship God.
In Painful moments, trust God.
In Every moment, thank God.

-unknown

I asked for Strength.........
And God gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And God gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And God gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And God gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And God gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered

Insha'allah that is enough to keep some of ya'll busy for a WHILE ;)

:w:

S_87
08-18-2006, 09:48 AM

Allah is rather the Most-High and the Greatest. Our dead are in Paradise, while your dead are in Hell!’

i love this quote!
umar bin Khattab radhiallahu anhu, after the battle of uhud in reply to abu sufyan radhiallahu anhu.

^..sTr!vEr..^
08-18-2006, 11:31 AM
The shortest distance between a problem n its solution is the distance between ur knees n the ground..

Asyur an-Nagi
08-18-2006, 11:36 AM
for the sake of Allah, if there is no takbeer, what would move my citizens' arms to raise their sword and fight the tank!-Bung Tomo, Indonesian revolutionary leader who did the takbeer from a microphone under heavy gunfire, and won the war against european imperialist.

Al-Zaara
08-18-2006, 08:32 PM

Some very beautiful quotes!!!
Now let me share some with you. :)

Be a good Muslim and you will not want to lie.
Be a very good Muslim and you will not need to lie.

- (translated from swedish) Abdul-Hakim Murad

Religion wants to change Time.
Time wants to change Religion.

To turn the other cheek is to look away.

Fashion in most cases offers you more and more ways to be the same.

God is not a reality that needs to be explained; He is the explanation to the reality.

When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray.

- Unknown

I will not serve God as a labourer, in expectation of my wages.

- Rabia al-Adawiya

My son, when you pray do it like a person who is bidding farewell to this world, and don't assume you will have another chance to pray again.
My son, know that a beliver dies in between two deeds, one he offers for today, where he will gain immidiate blessings, and the second deed is what he offers towards the day of resurrection, and that is where he will gain the ultimate benefits.

- Muadh Ibn Jabal (radiAllahu anhu)

Knowledge is not what is memorised.
Knowledge is what benefits.

- Imam Shafi'
(In other words that which has results)

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer for excuses.

- Abu Hamid al-Ghazali

Who does greater evil than he who is remined of the signs of the Lord, then turns away from them?

- Qur'an, 32:22

Meet people in shuch a manner that if you die,
they should weep for you,
and if you live,
they should long for you.

- Ali (radiAllahu anhu)

I think that really is a very good piece of advice to take to heart!!

You say you are just a body, but inside of you is something greater than the Universe.

- Imam Shaf'

True devotion is for itself:
not to desire heaven
nor to fear hell.

- Rabia al-Adawyyia

I hope you liked them. :)

:w:

afriend
08-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Be a good Muslim and you will not want to lie.
Be a very good Muslim and you will not need to lie.
This was really nice....

seeker_of_ilm
11-06-2006, 06:19 PM

Praise be to Allaah.

May Allaah reward you for your great efforts to call your brothers to Allaah and advise and remind them by means of these brief Islamic quotations. There follows a list of some wise sayings and general rules, taken from the Qur’aan, Sunnah and words of Muslim wise men. Translations of the meanings of quotations from the Qur’aan appear in italics, quotations from saheeh ahaadeeth appear in quotation marks (“”) and other quotations appear without any such marks.

And whenever you give your word, say the truth [al-An’aam 6:152]

And seek help in patience and prayer [al-Baqarah 2:45]

And speak good to people [al-Baqarah 2:83]

And fulfil the Covenant of Allaah when you have covenanted [al-Nahl 16:91]

Verily! Allaah commands that you should render back the trusts to those to whom they are due [al-Nisa’ 4:58]

And let not your hand be tied (like a miser) to your neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach (like a spendthrift) [al-Isra’ 17:29]

Eat and drink, but waste not by extravagance [al-A’raaf 7:31]

And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best provision is al-taqwa (piety, righteousness) [al-Baqarah 2:197]

And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) [al-Talaaq 65:2]

And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him [al-Talaaq 65:3]

He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah [al-Nisa’ 4:80]

By no means shall you attain al-birr (righteousness) until you spend (in Allaah’s cause) of that which you love [Aal ‘Imraan 3:92]

Allaah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of Affairs (for us) [Aal ‘Imraan 3:171]

And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance [al-Isra’ 17:37]

And turn not your face away from men with pride [Luqmaan 31:18]

And be moderate (or show no arrogance) in your walking, and lower your voice [Luqmaan 31:19]

And give not a thing in order to have more (or consider not your deeds of obedience to Allaah as a favour to Allaah) [al-Muddaththir 74:6]

“Pay attention to Allaah and He will pay attention to you.”

“If you feel no shame, then do as you wish.”

“Make sure your food is good (halaal and bought with halaal earnings), and you will be one whose prayers are answered.”

“Fear Allaah wherever you may be.”

“Follow up a bad deed with a good deed, to cancel it out.”

“Mix with people with a good attitude.”

“Keep away from prohibited things and you will be the best of worshippers.”

“Be content with what Allaah has given you, and you will be the richest of people.”

“Love for other people what you love for yourself.”

“Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.”

“Wrongdoing will be multiple darkness on the Day of Resurrection.”

“Fear Allaah and treat all your children fairly.”

“Fear the Fire, even if by giving half a date (in charity).”

“Fear the prayer of the oppressed.”

“The thing that weighs most heavily in the balance (of good deeds) is a good attitude.”

“Deliberation is from Allaah, haste is from Shaytaan.”

“The less your wealth, the less you will be called to account for.”

“Do not become angry, and Paradise will be yours.”

“The most beloved of deeds to Allaah is the one that is continuous, even if it is little.”

“The most beloved of places to Allaah are the mosques.”

“The most hated of places to Allaah are the marketplaces.”

“The most beloved of food to Allaah is that which is touched by many hands (i.e., shared among many people).”

“The most beloved of speech to Allaah is that a person should say, ‘Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih (Glory and praise be to Allaah)’.”

“The most beloved of people to Allaah is the one who is most helpful.”

“The most beloved deed to Allaah is making a Muslim happy.”

“Whoever restrains his anger, Allaah will conceal his faults.”

“A bad attitude spoils a good deed just as vinegar spoils honey.”

“The most beloved of people to Allaah are those who have the best attitudes.”

“Beware of this world, for it is sweet and tempting.”

“Control your tongue.”

“Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.”

“Give back the things you have been entrusted with to the person who entrusted them to you.”

“Do not betray the one who betrays you.”

“Pray to Allaah and be confident of a response.”

“Cheer people up, do not put them off.”

“Make things easy for people, not difficult.”

“Eat with your right hand and eat from what is in front of you.”

“If Allaah gives you wealth, let the blessing of Allaah be seen on you.”

“If someone who is distinguished among his own people comes to you, then honour him.”

“If one with whose religion and character you are pleased comes to you (to seek your daughter’s hand in marriage), then marry (your daughter) to him.”

“If Allaah wills good to the people of a household, He guides them to be gentle.”

“If you do something bad, follow it by doing something good.”

“If you feel uncomfortable about something, then leave it alone.”

“If you judge (between people), then judge fairly.”

“If you enter a house, greet the inhabitants with salaam.”

“If you are reminded of Allaah, stop what you are doing (of sin).”

“If Allaah sends you some provision without you looking forward to it or asking others for it, then take it.”

“If you ask Allaah for anything, then ask Him for al-Firdaws (the highest level of Paradise).”

“If your good deeds please you and your bad deeds upset you, then you are a mu’min (believer).”

“If you hear the call to prayer, then respond to the one who is calling you to Allaah.”

“If you hear the call to prayer, then say something like the muezzin says.”

“If any one of you becomes angry, let him keep silent.”

“If a man becomes angry and says ‘A’oodhu Billaah (I seek refuge with Allaah),’ his anger will cease.”

“If a man says ‘Ya seedi (sir)’ to a munaafiq (hypocrite), he earns the wrath of his Lord.”

“When you stand up to pray, pray as if it is your last prayer.”

“When you get dressed and when you do wudoo’, start on the right.”

“When any one of you meets his brother, let him greet him with salaam.”

“Remember death when you are praying.”

“Show mercy towards those who are on earth so that the One Who is in heaven will show mercy to you.”

“Renounce pleasure in worldly things and Allaah will love you.”

“Show disinterest in what people have and people will love you.”

“Feel properly shy and modest before Allaah.”

Protect “the head and what does through it (thoughts and ideas).”

Protect “the stomach and what goes into it.”

“Seek help in whatever you do by being discreet.”

“Everyone who is given a blessing will be envied.”

“No one can keep their wudoo’ except a believer.”

“The worst thief among people is the one who steals from his prayer, by not doing rukoo’ and sujood properly.”

“Intercede and you will be rewarded.”

“The most grateful of people to Allaah are those who are most grateful to other people.”

The trouble with beauty is feelings of superiority.

The trouble with generosity is extravagance.

The trouble with noble descent is pride.

The trouble with knowledge is forgetfulness.

“Give to the one who denied you.”

“Uphold ties with the one who cuts you off.”

“Forgive the one who does you wrong.”

May Allaah have mercy on the person who said “Good” and was rewarded or who remained silent and was safe.

Wine is the key to all evil.

The one who is more daring in giving fatwas is more deserving of Hell.

Love the poor and mix with them.

It is better to err in forgiving than to err in punishment.

Do not judge between people when you are angry.

If you want to count the faults of anyone else, count your own faults instead.

If you commit a sin, say “Astaghfir-Allaah (I ask Allaah for forgiveness).”

If you are given a blessing, say, “Al-Hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah).”

If some disaster befalls you, say, “Innaa Lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji’oon (Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return).”

Seek rizq (provision) by giving charity

“Give food to others and speak good.”

“Seek a response to du’aa’s when the iqaamah for prayer is given and when rain is falling.”

The people with the longest necks on the Day of Resurrection will be the muezzins.

“Worship Allaah as if you see Him.”

“The most helpless of people are those who cannot make du’aa’.”

“The most miserly of people are those who are stingy with their salaams (i.e., do not greet others).”

“Pay the hired worker his wages before his sweat dries.”

“Tie up (your camel) [i.e., take the necessary precautions], and put your trust in Allaah.”

“Make the most of your life before your death.”

Make the most of “your health before your sickness.”

Make the most of “your free time before you become busy.”

Make the most of “your wealth before you become poor.”

Make the most of “your youth before you become old.”

“The best of dhikr is ‘La ilaaha ill-Allaah.’”

“The best of sadaqah (charity) is that given by one who has little.”

“The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).”

The best of earnings is a good sale.

“The best of the believers is one who is best in attitude.”

“The best of the muhaajireen is the one who forsakes (hajara) that which Allaah has prohibited.”

“The best type of jihaad is the jihaad of the one who strives against his own self (jihaad al-nafs) for the sake of Allaah.”

“Read the Qur’aan throughout every month.”

“Read the Qur’aan, for it will come and intercede for its readers on the Day of Resurrection.”

“Pray for Allaah to keep you safe and sound.”

“Most of the sins committed by the son of Adam are sins of the tongue.”

“Repeat often ‘Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaah (there is no power or strength except with Allaah)’, for it is from the treasure of Paradise.”

“Always remember the destroyer of joy (physical pleasure): death.”

“Lower your gaze and guard your private parts.”

“There is no goodness in the one who is not friendly or likeable.”

“Stay with her (the mother), for Paradise is under her feet.”

“Keep saying ‘Yaa Dhaa’l-jalaali wa’l-ikraam (O Possessor of Glory and Honour)’” i.e., keep repeating it persistently.

“Islam cancels out what came before it (of sins).”

“Every bid’ah (innovation) is a going astray and every going astray will end in Hell.”

“Control your tongue, let your house be enough for you, and weep for your sins.”

“(Take care of) your mother, then your mother, then your mother, then your father, then other relatives in order of closeness.”

“Feed the poor and pat the head of the orphan (i.e., show compassion).”

“The one who points the way to good deeds is like the one who does them.”

This is a list of useful sayings and general rules, which we ask Allaah to make of benefit to people. When you have finished sending them out, if you would like more, just let us know so that we can compile some more. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

------
12-07-2006, 08:25 PM
:salamext:

Some Islamic Quotations

Whoever proposes to the world, then the world would not be satisfied until he gave up his Deen as dowry. [Malik bin Dinar]

Death---the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.

The best of which that gives life to the heart is the recitation of the Quran when accompanied with deep reflection. [Shaykh Fadl]

Remembrance of the people is a disease, and the remembrance of Allah is the cure. Yet how strange it is that we hasten to the disease and not to the cure!

Know that it is with ilm (knowledge) that you must speak, and that it is with hilm (forbearance) that you must remain silent. [Ali radi Allah anhu]

Every drop of sweat and every breath we take in life, if not taken for the sake of Allah, will lead to regret and sorrow on the Day of Judgment.

If you want to talk to Allah, perform Salah. If you want Allah to talk to you, read Qur'an.

"How good is life in this world for a believer because he uses it to prepare his provisions for Paradise. And how evil it is for a disbeliever who uses it to prepare his provisions for Hell."

"What you love to have with you in the Hereafter you should advance today, and what you hate to have with you, you should abandon today."

Knowledge is my Principal Possession
Reason is the root of my Fate
Longing is my Mentor
Remembrance of Allah is my Weapon
Patience is my Attire
Contentment is my Prize
Poverty is my Honor
Abstinence is my Calling
Obedience is my Measure
Striving is my Character
Prayer is my Pleasure

:wasalamex

P.S. Feel free to add more to the list :D

IbnAbdulHakim
12-08-2006, 08:40 PM
may Allah reward you !

how can you defeat a man when he looks into the barrel of a gun he sees the gates of jannah

i know you all heard it but i love it

Muhammad
12-08-2006, 09:10 PM

Threads merged.

Please also see:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...w-sayings.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...-inshalah.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...asood-1-a.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ngs-ali-r.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...otes-here.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ophet-saw.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.