/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fiqh ul akbar - help with iraab and tarjim

Abu Ibraheem
12-08-2006, 08:39 PM
salams

i need a helping hand here with this text i want to sit down with and transalte. Basically i need somebody to watch and tell me if i am making any mistakes or even advice and offer suggestions for the translation.

i will display the Arabic without iraab however i will place a transliteration underneath with transaltion. I will ask now and again for help with certain words.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillahirahmaniraheem

I begin with the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate

باب التوحيد:

أصل التوحيد و ما يصح الاعتقاد عليه يجب أن يقول:

Aslu ut-tawheedi wa ma (stuck on this word with the same root as sahih, meaning correct, does anybody know what baab from the abwaab it falls on? and is the imperfect verb majhuwl or maruwf?) ul i'itiqaasi alayhi (stuck on this imperfect too) ay-yaquwla.

I will offer an attempt at the translation after i know what verbs i am dealing with.

wasalams

1- آمنت بالله و ملائكته و كتبه و رسله و البعث بعد الموت و القدر خيره و شره من الله تعالى , والحساب و الميزان , والجنة والنار حق كله

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-08-2006, 11:55 PM
:sl:
i know that asl means root

Abu Ibraheem
12-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Salam, thats right. Other meanings are: foundation, origin, principles, and my favourate - fundamental ...

I worked out the iraaab (harakah) with a little help from a friend...

aslu ut tawheedi wa maa yasihu ul i'3tiqaadi 3layhi yajibu ay-yaquwla

which translates as - or rather my attempt at translating it

"The fundamentals of tawheed and its authenticicity of creed upon conviction by saying"......

mas'alah # 1:

آمنت بالله و ملائكته و كتبه و رسله و البعث بعد الموت و القدر خيره و شره من الله تعالى , والحساب و الميزان , والجنة والنار حق كله

Amantu Billahi wa malaaikatihi wa kutubihi wa rusulihi wal b3th ba3du-ul-mawt .... insha'Allah i will continue tomorrow

wasalams

Abu Ibraheem
12-11-2006, 12:39 PM
آمنت بالله و ملائكته و كتبه و رسله و البعث بعد الموت و القدر خيره و شره من الله تعالى , والحساب و الميزان , والجنة والنار حق كله

Amantu Billahi wa malaaikatihi wa kutubihi wa rusulihi wal b3th ba3du-ul-mawt wal qadru kharihi wa sharihi min Allah ta3ala wal hisaabu wal mizaanu wal jannatu wan naaru haqqun kulluhu

i am not sure if i got the harakaat - i3raab right in two places here.
with khairihi and sharrihi, i need confirmation whether they should be in a gentaive state. and with haqqun kulluhu i am not sure if i have it right there and secondly i am not even sure that this is correct at all because i copied fiqh ul akabr of the net onto microsoft word and it messed up some of the document. The site that had it has been took down, so if there is anybody that has this text or can point me to the arabic text on the net , yes please.

Tranlastion: I believe in ALLAAH, and His Angels, His books, His Messengers,The ressesrection after death, the decree, its good and its bad if from Allaah the most high, the account (of deeds) and the scales, the paradise and the hell are all true.

insha'Allah masa'alah number two i will try to and paste up tommorow
wasalams

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 01:05 AM
I dont know why i think this, but i feel there is a forum boycott on some of my posts. Alot of people have not spoken to me as they usually do. I hope somebody is not spreading rumours again. Anyways all rubbish to the side whats more important to me is this text.

i have made some big mistakes and they should have been pointed out, insha'allah, i feel people who express their good sides will no doubt help me without fallinf into some petty "ooh lets all ignore Abu Ibraheem" type of mentality. If the shoe fits you then youre cinderella, if not thn i am not talking about you and you have nothing to worry about.

anyway my mistakes are

1 the sentence أصل التوحيد و ما يصح الاعتقاد عليه يجب أن يقول:

the transliteration for this should be :

aslu ut tawheedi wa maa yasihu ul-itiqaadu alayhi yajibu ay-yaquwla

2 i made lots of mistakes transliterating the following:

every thing in the conjunctions (all the waws) should follow in a majroor state due to the bi harfun Jaar in Bilahi. So the correct transliteration is:

Amantu Billahi wa malaaikatihi wa kutubihi wa rusulihi wal b'athi b'ad il mawti wal qadri kharihi wa sharrihi min Allaaah ta'alaa wal hisaabi wal miizaani, wal jannati wan naari haqqun kulluhu.

If anybody spots further mistakes with that please tell me, as i have to memorise this, please help wasalams

amirah_87
12-12-2006, 11:00 AM
As salaamu Alaykum,

I did read your 2nd post, andboycotting or ignoring you was not of my intention Wallaahu 'alaa maa Aquul WaKeel.
The reason i have'nt posted here is because, I honestly am kinda stuck on the I'raab of the "Aamntu Bilaahi..." text, I've been trying to read up on anything that's associated to it, In Nahw and Aqeedah books.

It's pretty Intense, cause i do understand that they're all Majruur by the previous"baa" in Bi-Lillaahi, UNTIL..
Wal hisaab Wal Mizaan.. are these two also Ma'tuuf?..OR is that a starting of a new sentence it's Khabr is "Haqqun Kulluhuu?"

And one more thing... I was thinking where's the Maf'ullun bihii in this sentence?
and "Kulluhuu" is Mar'fuu' because it's tawkeed right!?

aslu ut tawheedi wa maa yasihu ul-itiqaadu alayhi yajibu ay-yaquwla
To my knowledge that seems right.

btw: arabic isn't my Mother tongue.

Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Salam, sorry if i made you feel guilty for something you did not intend. I wasnt refering to anybody specifically, i have had to deal with some problems lately. Just for personal clarification it was not a direct nudge at anybody, i shouldnt let my suspicions nibble at me. wasalams

Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Salam , you may be right. it may stop at min Allahi ta'alaa. but thats also got me a bit confused as you could make the min Allaah ta'alaa matuwf alayhi then the wal hisaab matuwf, so its kind of confusing. It could be a start of a new sentence, but how it would be translated would be i believe in Allah... and ...and ...and the account. I dont know i am kinda bambooozled on this. You have raised a goodpoint .

it's Khabr is "Haqqun Kulluhuu?"
I have being trying to find the mubtadaa, had problems there aswell, im very rusty on my studies, i really need to sharpen up.

And with kulluhu we definatly have some form of takeed here, takeed manawi

Maf'ullun bihii in this sentence?

i am lost right here, i dont know what a maf'ullun bihii is.

Thanks ever so much for passing by and helping, please keep coming it Allaah permits the time for you. i am defintaly going to have a really strong bash at the tarkeeb as i tranlated it without a full examination of whats happening here.

amirah_87
12-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Wa Alaykum As salaam,

Salam, sorry if i made you feel guilty for something you did not intend. I wasnt refering to anybody specifically, i have had to deal with some problems lately. Just for personal clarification it was not a direct nudge at anybody, i shouldnt let my suspicions nibble at me. wasalams
No Problem Akhee.

I'll try looking into it InshaAllah. Very confusing SubhanAllah.

i am lost right here, i dont know what a maf'ullun bihii is
Maf'uulun Bihii, that's what the action "Fi'il" falls upon.

For example: Darabtu Zaydan, The Maf'uulun bihi here is "Zaydan" cause he's what the Action (Ad-Darb) fell on.

And as you can see in this sentence here, The Maf'uulun bihii normally comes after the Fi'il and the Faa'il, and is always Mansuub.

Hope You understood InshaAllah.

Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
oh the mafuwl bihi ... ha ha yeh ... you had me stuck there. for a mo

Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 04:56 PM
to begin the analysis we have amantu which is fil and fa'il (verb and subect) then bi harfi jaar with Allah as ismu jalaalah which then becomes the majroor which then becomes zarf lughw connecting back to the verb amantu that becomes jumlah filiyah. thats that part wrapped up after that we just have a bunch of jumlah matuwfiyahs which are made up of a bunch of murrakab idaafi up until min which is again harf jaar and Allah ismu jalaalah is majroor which then becomes zarf lughw leading back to amantu (if thats possible) taala is jumlah mutarida then we break into even more jumlah matufiyahs and as for haqqun kulluhu, we have a takeed, maybe a taqdeem ul khabr and a mubtada muakhir ... i dont know , what do you think?

Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 05:01 PM
kulluhu is mudwaf and its ilayhi - and that then becomes takeed manawi right?

Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Also i forgot to mention that Allah is mafuwl bi - and probaly everything in conjunctionis also mafuwl, Allah is mafuwl awal , malaaikah is mafuwl thanni, kutubihi is mafuwl thalithun and so forth ...

you also asked if kulluhu wa marf'oo, this is more complicated than i thought it to be .. looking at my book i should imagine that kulluhu would follow haqqun in its iraab, and haqqun here dont have an alif "haqaan" ... i am most likely wrong ...

What do you think?

we are getting there though. people passing through are probaly even more confused, im trying though and its coming back to me bit by bit...

amirah_87
12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

oh the mafuwl bihi ... ha ha yeh ... you had me stuck there. for a mo
it was the way i spelt it hunh?... Allahul Musta'aan..Lol

to begin the analysis we have amantu which is fil and fa'il (verb and subect) then bi harfi jaar with Allah as ismu jalaalah which then becomes the majroor which then becomes zarf lughw connecting back to the verb amantu that becomes jumlah filiyah. thats that part wrapped up after that we just have a bunch of jumlah matuwfiyahs which are made up of a bunch of murrakab idaafi
Yep!!. but what is it you mean by Qawlika: Zarf Lughw?

up until min which is again harf jaar and Allah ismu jalaalah is majroor which then becomes zarf lughw leading back to amantu (if thats possible)
I don't get what it is you mean by this Zarf Lughw, sorry. could you explain inshaAllah.
Allah is Majruur by min, how does it go back to "Allahi" .. I think that's something seperate.

maybe a taqdeem ul khabr and a mubtada muakhir ... i dont know , what do you think?
Hmmm, if that were the case, that's interesting, I dunno about this bit Akhee.

kulluhu is mudwaf and its ilayhi - and that then becomes takeed manawi right?
Yeah kull.. is Mudhuuf and ..uhuu is The Mudhaafun Iylayhi
and that's one of the conditions of the tawkeed al-manawi to have a dameer in conform. Right!?

Also i forgot to mention that Allah is mafuwl bi - and probaly everything in conjunctionis also mafuwl, Allah is mafuwl awal , malaaikah is mafuwl thanni, kutubihi is mafuwl thalithun and so forth ...
Ya Allah, that's soo true. Nice one!!!

you also asked if kulluhu wa marf'oo, this is more complicated than i thought it to be .. looking at my book i should imagine that kulluhu would follow haqqun in its iraab, and haqqun here dont have an alif "haqaan" ... i am most likely wrong ...
..Uh-hunh it follows "haqqun" in it's I'raab alright.. so it's not mansuub (casue there's no alif in the book.. lol) that's one out of the way.
.. I somehow think it's marfuu', but Allahu A'lam, Im gonna have to ask one of my teachers InshaAllah.

You know what I also remembered, You see .. "Al-Janat" is it mamnuu3 minas-sarf?
if so it can't be majruur bil kasra can it? it has to be Majruur bil fatha... "Al-Jannata" ??

what d'you think akhee?

Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Salam

I will try and make it as simple as I can. But forgive me if I cant explain and confuse you further.

Zarf lughw :

In analysis when you find that a word is majroor due to one of the huruwf ul jaari you will find most of the time they lead back to a verb that is either present of omitted or even something that is similar to a verb e.g. ism fa’il , ism mafuwl, as-sifat ul mushabahah, ism ut – tafdeel , ism masdr.

If you can not find the verb or the similar to verb present in the sentence then it is ommiitted and that would mean that it is zarf mustaqar. However if you can see where the verb is then it is called zarf laghwun.

Allah is Majruur by min, how does it go back to "Allahi" .. I think that's something seperate.
I couldn’t find any verb other than amantu, I will ask my teachers.
I will draw out this tarkeeb myself and embarrass myself infront of my teacher, he will certainly see how rusty I am and I may get a clip round the ear hole.

You know what I also remembered, You see .. "Al-Janat" is it mamnuu3 minas-sarf?
I don’t what mamnuu3 is … I was thinking al jannah was a continuation from the conjuctions before min Allaahi taala

Can you explain a bit more because I may be missing something major on the al jannah part.

Jazakullah khair for your time, I really do appreciate peoples criticism when it comes to my grammar mistakes, because there is always a mistake and theres always room for improvement. Nobody can be perfect but just more eleoquent in writing and speaking launguages.

amirah_87
12-12-2006, 09:23 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

In analysis when you find that a word is majroor due to one of the huruwf ul jaari you will find most of the time they lead back to a verb that is either present of omitted or even something that is similar to a verb e.g. ism fa’il , ism mafuwl, as-sifat ul mushabahah, ism ut – tafdeel , ism masdr.
Na'am, we say; Wal Jaar wal-majruur muta3aliqq bi ...etc etc

If you can not find the verb or the similar to verb present in the sentence then it is ommiitted and that would mean that it is zarf mustaqar. However if you can see where the verb is then it is called zarf laghwun.
JazaakAllahu Khayr, I did not know that.

I don’t what mamnuu3 is … I was thinking al jannah was a continuation from the conjuctions before min Allaahi taala

Can you explain a bit more because I may be missing something major on the al jannah part.
Okay So Al-Mamnuu' min As-Sarf, Im not going to go into detail cause this baab's real waasi' and it might confuse you... *and it's a lil' hard to explain*

So Al-Mamnuu' Minas-sarf (meaning;That which is Prohibited from takin as-sarf, ie; at-tanween..)
It is a Noun that does'nt accept a tanween, and when it's marfuu' it takes a dhamma, when it's Mansuub it takes a fatha, but when its Majruur it takes a Kasra..
so for instance; Kitaabu Amirah .. we know that this Jumlah is Mudhaaf and Mudhaaf ilayhi right?
and that the Mudhaaf Ilyahi is always maksuur/majruur .. but in this case cause "Amirah" is Mu'annath and it's an 'alam (noun) it's Mam'nuu' min as-sarf .. so the jumlah would be:
Kitaabu Amirata

... Mafhuum?

this is just an extract from this baab it's more complicated, but this is the part, were I was wondering, "Al-Jannat" would have the same hukm.

I'm gonna ask my teacher aswell bi'idhnillaah, this is startin to confuse me now...all possibilities are start to crop up outta nowhere..khayr InshaAllah, lemme know what your teacher says inshaAllah.

Jazakullah khair for your time, I really do appreciate peoples criticism when it comes to my grammar mistakes, because there is always a mistake and theres always room for improvement. Nobody can be perfect but just more eleoquent in writing and speaking launguages.
I agree Akhee, and Wa Iyyak. :rose:

Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Okay So Al-Mamnuu' min As-Sarf, Im not going to go into detail cause this baab's real waasi' and it might confuse you... *and it's a lil' hard to explain*

So Al-Mamnuu' Minas-sarf (meaning;That which is Prohibited from takin as-sarf, ie; at-tanween..)
It is a Noun that does'nt accept a tanween, and when it's marfuu' it takes a dhamma, when it's Mansuub it takes a fatha, but when its Majruur it takes a Kasra..
so for instance; Kitaabu Amirah .. we know that this Jumlah is Mudhaaf and Mudhaaf ilayhi right?
and that the Mudhaaf Ilyahi is always maksuur/majruur .. but in this case cause "Amirah" is Mu'annath and it's an 'alam (noun) it's Mam'nuu' min as-sarf .. so the jumlah would be:
Kitaabu Amirata

... Mafhuum?

this is just an extract from this baab it's more complicated, but this is the part, were I was wondering, "Al-Jannat" would have the same hukm.
Is that known as mubni wal murab and ism ghayr munsarif ....
and yeh sunhan-Allah muta'aliq i forgot about that word ! i am so rusty

amirah_87
12-12-2006, 10:40 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Is that known as mubni wal murab and ism ghayr munsarif ....
Yeah, the ism ghayr munsarif.. is another term for mumnuu' min as-sarf.

and yeh sunhan-Allah muta'aliq i forgot about that word ! i am so rusty
Your not the only one Akhee!.. but this seems to be helpin' MashaAllah, hope we can keep this up.

Abu Ibraheem
12-12-2006, 11:22 PM
ah jaanatu is ism ghayr munsarif because it mu'anath well spotted!

yeh totally missed that one,....

insha'Allah i am going to get back with the results of this tarkeeb

amirah_87
12-30-2006, 06:09 PM
As Salaamu ALaykum,

I finally got through to one of my teachers and asked her about the jumlah, she gave me her opinion but inshaAllah she's going to look into it furthermore so;

آمنت بالله و ملائكته و كتبه و رسله

this part is pretty straight forward isn't it?

Fi'il , Faa'il , baa harf jar and all the following are majruur bil baa'

و البعث بعد الموت

al-waaw harf jarr , Al-Ba'thi majrru bil waaw, Ba'd is Dharf it is Mudhaaf and al-mawti is Mudhaaf ilayhi.
(this part is from me, forget to include it when i asked!)

و القدر خيره و شره

Waaw and qadri is Ma'ruuf innit?

Khayrihi & Sharrihii are Badal or Siffah.

من الله تعالى

Min harf jarr, Lafdhul Jalaalah is Majruur bi'min, ...and not so sure what ta'aalaa would be?

والحساب و الميزان , والجنة والنار

This is also a contiuation from the Jumlah .. Aamantu Billaahi....etc so the i'raab is the same.
and "Jaanah" isn't mam'nuu minas-sarf here, because it's affixed with an "alif & laam"

حق كله

Haqq could either be Khabr Li'Mubtada' Mahdhuuf (Aamantu Annahu Haqqun Kulluhu)
Or it's Siffah Li'Maf'uulun bihii Mahdhuuf.taqdeeruhuu :Aamntu Aaminan Haqqan

you got that? what do you think?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.