/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Considering Islam

umm-sulaim
12-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I have a friend who is seriously considering Islam, and even prays, and requests to hear stories from the qur'aan masha Allah, thing is...i was asked if there was a process someone considering Islam should undergo?
I haven't really heard of a particular method, just that when you're ready you say the shahaada and from there it's all familiar but what about before the shahaada :?
Thanks in advance...

wassalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-11-2006, 02:32 PM
hmm...give her an English trans of the Quran, but really once she feels that she is properly ready, I'm guessing that would be the point when she maybe goes to the local masjid or to somebody and takes her Shahada Insha'Allah.

UmmSqueakster
12-12-2006, 09:11 PM
wa alaikum assalam wr wb,

You haven't heard of any method of converting because there isn't any. It would be nice if there were classes widely available, or a good book on "what you should know if you're considering islam," but there isn't.

At the basis, look at the shahada - there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet (saws).

The person should know who Allah (swt) is. What are his attributes? How does He relate to the world? What does he want from His servants? Reading the Qur'an, and an introductory book on islam would help in this.

The person should also know who the Prophet (saws) is. Reading a book on his life is probably the best way to know this.

In addition, have your friend visit iprofess and read about basic islamic beliefs, conversion issues and whatnot.

The process doesn't end once shahada is said. Make sure that you're always available to answer her questions and for support. It can take a long time to learn everything there is to know to be a good muslim. Be patient and take it slow.

amirah_87
12-13-2006, 09:25 PM
edited

anymore tips?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ismile
12-13-2006, 11:33 PM
She has to read the quran and not be forced in anyway to join it has to be a personal decision.

YusufNoor
12-14-2006, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
edited

anymore tips?
:salamext:

if you don't have an English/Arabic audio set of the Qur'an, which i guess would be recommendation #1, i really like listening to Mufti Ismael Menk. his "Reasons of Revelation" leaves me and sisters who hear it in tears. it's Phenomenal! he's the Imaam at the largest Masaajid in Zimbabwe, and quite a story teller and du'as roll of his tongue in such a simple, yet meaningful way. he tapes his talks after Taraweh and they are the basis for this set, as well as a couple other tafseer sets.

he speaks with command, yet there's alot of emotion in his voice. and the brother is very wise. you learn alot and it's very entertaining!

http://www.simplyislam.com/iteminfo.asp?item=56818

maybe cuz the Qur'an is meant to spoken and thus heard, for me, listening is the way to go!

Yusuf Estes has some free download stuff, but i prefer the Mawlana. folks 'round my neck of the woods are really into Shayk Khalid Yasin. you can't go wrong with a dvd or 2.

but Mufti Menk makes me want to move to Zimbabwe so i can listen to him all the time. people RARELY move me that way...

just a thought, or 2.

good luck, and may Allah(SWT) reward you for your efforts and may He make your efforts grow to fruition!

:wasalamex

Yusuf

Muslim Woman
12-14-2006, 01:37 AM
I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament
Recitation by Shiekh Saad Al-Ghamdhi of Saudi Arabia
http://www.islamworld.net/fathiha.au

whole Quran recitation: http://quran.jalisi.com

&&&

http://www.convertstoislam.com/How/how.html
The act of becoming a Muslim could not be simpler.

An individual needs to make the declaration, known as al-shahaadatain.

Arabic is the language of the Holy Quran, and you will see below that the declaration has been written in Arabic transliteration to make it easy for you to follow. The English translation is provided in the brackets.

The declaration is in two parts:
Ash-hadu alla ilaaha illallah
(I bear witness and attest that there is no god worthy of worship but the One God Allah (swt))

Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammad-ar-rasool ullaah
(I bear witness and attest that Muhammad (saaw) is the messenger of Allah (swt))
An individual who finds belief in Islam within his heart can become a Muslim by pronouncing the above declaration. Alhumdalillah.

As a muslim certain Islamic duties are now obligatory on the individual, but there is no need to feel scared or concerned about this. There are many sources of help for you, and many new brothers and sisters that will be very keen to assist you. You may find the following pages useful:
• Get To Know The Basics of Islam
• Websites of Interest
• Recommended Further Reading
• Your Questions and Answers
In addition, please email us at either of the following addresses:
ZAYNAB5@AOL.COM
RSULEMAN14@HOTMAIL.COM

related links:

http://muslimconverts.com

Allah says:

"This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion" [al-Maa'idah 5:3 – interpretation of the meaning]

Allah did not chose to give this favour just to a one race but to the whole of humanity. Therefore any one can become a Muslim no matter what race or colour he/she is. No matter whether they are single, married, divorced or a child.

Any sins no matter committed prior to Islam no matter how bad they were are forgiven. One is totally reborn and starts with a clean record.

Are you afraid to become a muslim?
http://www.themodernreligion.com/convert/afraid.htm

Umm Yoosuf
12-14-2006, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
Assalamu alaykum,

I have a friend who is seriously considering Islam, and even prays, and requests to hear stories from the qur'aan masha Allah, thing is...i was asked if there was a process someone considering Islam should undergo?
I haven't really heard of a particular method, just that when you're ready you say the shahaada and from there it's all familiar but what about before the shahaada :?
Thanks in advance...

wassalaam
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaah

Islam is a learning process. I do not think you need to know a great deal before one reverts. Perhaps the basics such as Tawheed- Who is Allah? Who Muhammad is? The five pillars of Islam, Akhaira? etc. If the person is convinced and believers all this then the only step is to take the Shahadah and practise. Maybe take her to the Masjid- a sisters circle. Take her to Umm Thabit or Umm Saleem ;)

umm-sulaim
12-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Jazaakamu Allahu khayran,may Allah reward you all abundantly, We go through the qur'aan together every friday and read usool thalaatha ( 3 fundamental principles) insha Allah we'll continue, please make du'aa...

wassalaam

umm-sulaim
03-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Alhamdulillah, my friend took their shahaada today, along with another brother!!

I ask Allah to make them and us firm upon the truth!!

Wassalaam

umm-sulaim
03-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Yesterday after the friday khutba (sermon) my friend along with another brother accepted Islaam, alhamdulillah!! May Allah keep them n us firm on the truth!

wassalaam

YusufNoor
03-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Yesterday after the friday khutba (sermon) my friend along with another brother accepted Islaam, alhamdulillah!! May Allah keep them n us firm on the truth!

wassalaam
:sl:

Allahu Akbar!

I ask Allah to make them and us firm upon the truth!!
Ameen!

:w:

Muslim Woman
03-07-2007, 04:30 PM

Salaam/peace;

what a good news, Alhamdulillah

:statisfie :D

Khalid1402
03-08-2007, 03:23 AM

Alhamdulillah your friend has embraced the Deen of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala guide you, your friend and all those you love along this beautiful path of Islam given to us by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, and may He reward you for all your efforts.

:salamext:

Umm Yoosuf
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

wassalaam

Masha Allah! May Allah keep them on the right path and us. Ameen

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Allahu Akbar and Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.