PDA

View Full Version : cure for AIDS discovered

vpb
12-10-2006, 10:50 PM
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...ce%2FHSELayout

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
12-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Subhanallah...Could it be? Muslims to find the cure? Allahu Akbar...Although I haven't read the whole story I'll read it later :)

Jazakallah for posting bro :)

Skillganon
12-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Is their any research paper available for this?

vpb
12-10-2006, 11:20 PM
they don't want to publish the formula or anything until everything is registered , bc if they do then someone might take their idea and come and say "hey i discovered it, not them",
we had enough lies which covered many discoveries by muslim through out history, and they dont want that to happen to them again:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skillganon
12-10-2006, 11:21 PM
I also found this dialogue, http://www.islamonline.net/livedialo...GuestID=2N9Vcz

However their is no research paper published and their is a long way to go.
I am not suprised, it is very common that many drug's take 15+ year's to develop.

learningislam
12-10-2006, 11:24 PM
:salamext:

Al-Goshae explained the scientific methodology used in his research. The first group of subjects on which the treatment was tested consisted of 13 patients. In order to assure the validity of test results, three blood samples were taken from each patient. These were then sent off for analysis in test labs in Yemen, Jordan, and Germany at every stage of the study. By the end of the study, 10 out of the 13 patients had no detectable traces of the virus in their blood. Testing continued for a year after they stopped receiving the treatment and the test results continued to be negative for presence of HIV.
that seems impressive, but 13 people are less. They should have carried out on 100 or more.And this drug is not even in the market, so we cant say clearly that aids is curable at the moment.

:wasalamex

Skillganon
12-10-2006, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by learningislam

that seems impressive, but 13 people are less. They should have carried out on 100 or more.And this drug is not even in the market, so we cant say clearly that aids is curable at the moment.

They need volunteer's, especially with HIV and it sometime it's very expensive.

However as you say, it is not good to draw up conclusion so readily just wait and see.

vpb
12-10-2006, 11:32 PM
inshaAllah it will work for many other people.

learningislam
12-10-2006, 11:42 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
However as you say, it is not good to draw up conclusion so readily just wait and see.
what i am saying is , until and unless this drug comes into the market, then only we can say that this drug is working or not.

Otherwise, there are other antivirial drugs used against aids.....but they
dont completely eradicate the disease.

format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
inshaAllah it will work for many other people.
i hope inshaAllah it works out.

Ali_slave of Allah
12-11-2006, 12:26 AM
salaam
mashallah i was astonished Muslim discover the cure mashallah when read it increased my iman .
waslaama alaykum

cihad
12-11-2006, 12:22 PM
come to south africa ,we surely need it here

Snowflake
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm not surprised... a cure for aids already exists in spiritual healing.

Fishman
12-11-2006, 07:08 PM
:sl:
The article title is a bit sensationalistic, the article was about a possible cure for AIDS, not a definite one.
:w:

The Ruler
12-11-2006, 07:11 PM

this is only going to encourage people to share needles and stuf...they wont consider Aids as a threat then :hmm:

but it still is great...only if it is a definite one...then i must say...its a great discovery :)

Keltoi
12-12-2006, 12:17 AM
I don't care who discovers it as long as a cure is found, sooner rather than later.

whitematter
12-12-2006, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I don't care who discovers it as long as a cure is found, sooner rather than later.
I agree with U. :) No matter what diseases or illness, we must find the cure for it coz its there somewhere waiting to be discover. But as a muslim of course I would like muslim to discover it first; it is like having my own brother or sister discover it. (the feels...)

Lets us pray that the cure will be discovered in the very near future.

Mawaddah
12-12-2006, 04:28 PM
There already is a cure isn't there?
I was reading something about herbal healing and apparently there is a cure for it but as soon as this Dr. Something made it known he was told to shut up about it or else die.

Muezzin
12-12-2006, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
There already is a cure isn't there?
I was reading something about herbal healing and apparently there is a cure for it but as soon as this Dr. Something made it known he was told to shut up about it or else die.
Haven't heard about that, though I do recall reading about a guy who somehow just recovered, by himself, from HIV. Unfortunately, he would not let scientists examine him (and extract a possible cure). I'll see if I can find the citation.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-12-2006, 04:39 PM

this reminded me of what sheikh feiz said and i quote:

"why are people always searching for a cure to this disease, why are they spending millions and millions when the cause is known?You shtupid people, the cure to this disease is to obey the command of Allaah swt and not have sex outside of marriage. Take the example of suleiman AS who had 99 wives and no aids !"

good stuff

Muezzin
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
You can get HIV through blood transfusions too, though.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-12-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
are blood transfusions and such things halal? I have no basis to think its haram but seeing as that disease can be caught via blood transfusion it leaves me to wonder why?

Mawaddah
12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
^ Was about to say the same thing.

But then, those people who donated the blood wouldn't have had the virus in their blood if they weren't doing something funny would they?

So I guess it just goes back to the original principle :giggling:

But there are cures for AIDS there most definitely are.......it doesn't even have to be these fancy drugs, in fact drugs bring more harm than benefit to the body anyway. What about the hadeeth in which Rasulullah said that blackseed is a cure for every illness? I wonder if that's ever been tried? :?

Muezzin
12-12-2006, 04:50 PM
But then, those people who donated the blood wouldn't have had the virus in their blood if they weren't doing something funny would they?

So I guess it just goes back to the original principle
Not really. A patient who has had a blood transfusion may not have been up to any 'funny business', but they could end up with HIV all the same.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
are blood transfusions and such things halal?
I assume so, but I could be mistaken. I hope they're halal, just in case they're key to saving my life one day.

I have no basis to think its haram but seeing as that disease can be caught via blood transfusion it leaves me to wonder why?
Iqra (or 'read', depending on your language of choice ;))

Mawaddah
12-12-2006, 04:56 PM
^ You misunderstand me brother. What I meant was, the person who is receiving this blood transfusion right now might get AIDS because the person who donated this blood had the virus in their blood right? And the reason they have this virus in their blood (the donater) is because he was up to funny business. Isn't that possible? Wait....but all the blood is screened first right :?

Muezzin
12-12-2006, 04:58 PM
That's very possible. I just think we should all think twice before stigmatizing people with HIV. You never know what kind of tests Allah has in store for us.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-12-2006, 04:58 PM
^ You misunderstand me brother. What I meant was, the person who is receiving this blood transfusion right now might get AIDS because the person who donated this blood had the virus in their blood right? And the reason they have this virus in their blood (the donater) is because he was up to funny business. Isn't that possible?

very possible, and i had come to the same conclusion to be honest.

Fishman
12-12-2006, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

this reminded me of what sheikh feiz said and i quote:

"why are people always searching for a cure to this disease, why are they spending millions and millions when the cause is known?You shtupid people, the cure to this disease is to obey the command of Allaah swt and not have sex outside of marriage. Take the example of suleiman AS who had 99 wives and no aids !"

good stuff
But what happens if the wife has AIDS?

Muezzin
12-12-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
But what happens if the wife has AIDS?
From HIV from a blood transfusion, before anyone begins slandering this hypothetical female spouse.

Iwant2no2
12-12-2006, 07:01 PM
There have been so-called, might, possible, or maybe cures for AIDS since back in the late 70s. The first posting say's on this thread say's "a Possible". I read this online today, and it's dated with todays date.

Govt, business to fast-track cure for Aids

December 12, 2006, 14:45

Government and business today launched a state-of-the art supercomputer to fast track the process of finding a cure for some of the country's most serious illnesses such as HIV/Aids, malaria and tuberculosis.

Derek Hanekom, the deputy minister of science and technology, together with Craig Barrett, the chairperson of Intel Cooperation, "switched-on" the super computer at the CSIR in Pretoria. Hanekom says the donation of the super computer will go a long way to complement the efforts by government to provide a world class research infrastructure to researchers.

There are many other so-called cures for AIDS online.. Just Google the words "cure for aids". Over 3 million sites pop up with some sort of relevance of the cure for AIDS.... I wouldn't care "who" found the AIDS cure, just as long as it's a found cure....

Take care.... :peace:

Iwant2no2
12-12-2006, 08:55 PM
What's so amazing about HIV, is anyone can get aids and people don't have to have intercourse with a person to get it.
Estimated per act risk for acquisition of HIV by exposure route. Exposure Route Estimated infections per 10,000 exposures to an infected source. Known as: "Human Immunodeficiency Virus" (HIV).

"CHECK THIS OUT"
Blood Transfusion 9,000
Childbirth 2,500
Needle-sharing injection drug use 67
Receptive anal intercourse* 50
Percutaneous needle stick 30
Receptive penile-vaginal intercourse* 10
Insertive anal intercourse* 6.5
Insertive penile-vaginal intercourse* 5
Receptive oral intercourse* 1 §
Insertive oral intercourse* 0.5 §
{*} assuming no condom use
{§} Source refers to oral intercourse performed on a man.

Blood Transfusions are the number 1 killer of Aids.

Receptive penile-vaginal intercourse comes in on number 8 out of 10 ways to contact Aids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS#HI...misconceptions

Just trying to give my 2 cents, whatever that's worth now days....

Take care....... :peace:

glo
12-16-2006, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iwant2no2
What's so amazing about HIV, is anyone can get aids and people don't have to have intercourse with a person to get it.
Estimated per act risk for acquisition of HIV by exposure route. Exposure Route Estimated infections per 10,000 exposures to an infected source. Known as: "Human Immunodeficiency Virus" (HIV).

"CHECK THIS OUT"
Blood Transfusion 9,000
Childbirth 2,500
Needle-sharing injection drug use 67
Receptive anal intercourse* 50
Percutaneous needle stick 30
Receptive penile-vaginal intercourse* 10
Insertive anal intercourse* 6.5
Insertive penile-vaginal intercourse* 5
Receptive oral intercourse* 1 §
Insertive oral intercourse* 0.5 §
{*} assuming no condom use
{§} Source refers to oral intercourse performed on a man.

Blood Transfusions are the number 1 killer of Aids.

Receptive penile-vaginal intercourse comes in on number 8 out of 10 ways to contact Aids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS#HI...misconceptions

Just trying to give my 2 cents, whatever that's worth now days....

Take care....... :peace:
I think you may be misreading these statistics.

What the figures are saying is that the likelyhood of infection is greatest through blood transfusion (i.e. out of 10.000 infected blood transfusions 9.000 lead to infection of the person)
Via penile-vagial intercourse the immediate risk is much less (i.e. out of 10.000 occasions of intercourse with an infected partner 10 lead to infection of the person)

But that does not mean overall that blood transfusions are the number 1 killer for AIDS.

Your article also states this:
The majority of HIV infections are acquired through unprotected sexual relations between partners, one of whom has HIV.
Hence the number 1 killer is unprotected sex!

Iwant2no2
12-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Glo,
That is why I posted THE misconceptions of AIDS... Sorry you misread ME wrong!

Take care... :peace:

glo
12-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Glo,
That is why I posted THE misconceptions of AIDS... Sorry you misread ME wrong!

Take care... :peace:
I see! LOL

I'm sorry I misunderstood you, Iwant1no2.
It was the middle of the night when I wrote the post ... and I thought I was being clever ... that's my excuse, anyway ... ;D

Peace :)

Iwant2no2
12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
That's ok Glo, don't even think about it!! We all are only human, mistakes are are nature. If I were to count all the mistakes in life I have done, I couldn't even count that high.... :giggling:

[MOUSE]Take care....[/MOUSE] :peace:

glo
12-17-2006, 09:31 AM
That's ok Glo, don't even think about it!!
Thanks, Iwant2no2! :)
We all are only human, mistakes are are nature. If I were to count all the mistakes in life I have done, I couldn't even count that high....:giggling:
So true! Same here. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.