/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Combined software packages for protection!

Far7an
12-17-2006, 08:56 PM
:sl:

Currently I'm running an anti-virus software, firewall, spybot and ad-aware. Is there any software which has all these features combined?! Please let me know if there is, jazaakallahu khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-17-2006, 09:08 PM
:wasalamex

Zone alarm?

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten..._freedownloads

:salamext:

Far7an
12-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Jazaakallah khayr bro.

Woodrow
12-17-2006, 09:13 PM
None that are efficient. I usually alternate Ad-aware with spy sweeper. As each of those seem to miss trojans that the other catches. Spy bot and Ad-aware are also a good combination. But, do not run both at the same time. Norton alone is no longer effective. For viruses I use an online version of E-virus. It stays more up to date. But I also alternate that with other anti spyware as it comes out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuSe
12-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Around one year ago, I started to use a combination of "Ad-Aware SE Professional" and "Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition" and haven't had any problems ever since. Very happy with it

SirDemonic
12-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Theirs norton Anti virus, Mcafee, Avg, Zonelabs? :D

I got Free firewall from zonelabs
AVG anti virus
Spy sweeper
Microsoft Defender

:happy:

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 01:59 AM
I use Ad-Aware SE, AVG, Spybot.

Generally if you don't go into illegal site you will have less of a chance of a problem.

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 02:20 AM
Guy's do you think having a "Registry Cleaner" a good Idea.

Which one will you recommend?

Woodrow
12-18-2006, 02:56 AM
I have had too many problems with registry cleaners. My experiences have been that I really am not that proficient in soft ware to know what registry files I do not want to be deleted.

Abdul Fattah
12-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Ad-aware is not enough as it focusses mostly on spyware and not on viruses.
For real protection I'd advice keeping both something for spyware and something for virusses.

There is one good program called hitman, that's completely free. Go here:
http://www.hitmanpro.nl/hitmanpro/in...&id=3&Itemid=9

Feature overview

* Downloads and installs automatically well-known anti-spyware programs, such as CWShredder, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Spy Sweeper, Ewido Micro, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Blaster, NOD32, Windows security updates, hotfixes against unpatched security leaks, etc.
* Downloads automatically the latest updates (this is often a manual task without Hitman Pro).
* Controls automatically the third-party anti-spyware programs. Scans and removes found threats and protects against malicious ActiveX components.
* Makes use of (if applicable) purchased versions of commercial anti-spyware programs (such as NOD32, Ad-Aware, Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor).
* Configures the anti-spyware software for optimal results.
* Generates one comprehensive report and presents the user with a clear picture on contamination and protection.
* Expert-function for advanced users for full control over the found objects (files, registry keys)
And it does all of that with a single click on a button :)

But you would still need an anti-virus besides that. Personally I was always happy with kaspersky and didn't put up a firewall since I was already behind a router, but since you prefer combined programs zone alarm might be your cup of tea.

For regestry cleaning I used to use "amust"
But that isn't really a must for the general pc user. It is handy though when you're tweaking programs and want a fresh install of a program (when you uninstall programs certain regkeys stay, so when you reinstall your installation of the program isn't always fresh). Other then that regestry cleaining isn't really that necesairy.

Finally a golden tip, do your pc a favor, and don't use Microsoft Internet Explorer but get Firefox.
http://www.ie7.com/
Hehe, I love this URL

And if all of this is getting to much for you, you can do what I did. Format your PC and get Ubuntu
http://www.ubuntu.com/

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 03:52 AM
I can't use Hitman Pro. Anything for Windows 98SE?

Abdul Fattah
12-18-2006, 05:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
not that I know of srry

Erundur
12-22-2006, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon

I believe there trying to weed out that type of OS :?

Skillganon
12-22-2006, 10:08 PM
AHHHH! Wait until i get a new PC, gonna build one. My PC served me more than 5 years. Boy it is serving well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.