/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Level Exams?

soulsociety
12-17-2006, 10:47 PM
:sl:

Are any of you A Level people (1st years and 2nd years) doing any exams now in December?

If you are, what subjects?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib Ahmed
12-17-2006, 11:01 PM

Nop none in december,
I'm doing a few in jan though.
Maths and Physics,inshallah.

What exams you doing in december?

May Allah give u immense success in all your exams.Ameen.

What subjects u doing?

I'm in 2nd year,doing further maths,maths and physics. :)

:w:

soulsociety
12-17-2006, 11:36 PM

Not doing any A Levels!

Woah, lot of maths!

Maarya
12-18-2006, 06:44 PM
salam
i'm still a GCSE student, bt at ma school the A-Level student dont hav any mocks, they're just doing the actual exams, i think they're in january bt am not sure
wslm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skillganon
12-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Tip's for your first AS level exam. Talking from experience it is important that one take it very seriousely. Most people under estimate and end up getting poor grades. I seen more than 2/3 of people get extremely bad grade. So please do not take it as you are doing a GCSE exam. It is much harder and requires better well thought out answers.

Get the practice papers (last year papers) and practice answering it.

For essay type question: Make a plan how will you answer the question. The key points that you going to include. It should start with a short introductory type opening, than main body and conclusion.

Pure Imaan
12-18-2006, 11:07 PM
good tips brother Skillganon, it is very true wat u sed, the third tip bout the essay type question very much applies to A levels such as Sociology, Psychology, English, History etc etc, the marks allocated indicates the length of the answer pupils must give.

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Oyeah. If you have not started you revision yet. Please to do from today. It is important you start revising for at least a month before the exams. This is a crucial tip to anyone.
Go to the revision classes, ask question on toics you don't understand or need clarification. The lecturer's might give you a clue to what topics that might come up. If you have several practice papers it might give you a clue as to what type of question that re-occurs.
Normally I advise to revise all the topic, or the main topics.

Next semester I will recommend you start revising from the biginning of the course.

Arabiya
12-18-2006, 11:34 PM
well i'm doing A levels. We just had our mocks. I do english lang & Lit, and i do Art, and ICT.

Ameeratul Layl
12-25-2006, 09:18 PM

I have no exams in december but too many in january. :exhausted :exhausted

I am second year student: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
first year: mathematics

Good luck to all who are taking exams in January and have taken exams in December. My duas are with you all! Please remember me in your duas.inshAllah.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.