/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Sixth Sense?

Deja_Vu
12-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Dear brothers and sisters,
:sl:
I am currently trying to become a better muslim so I have just joined this forum, and I have a question that has been going over in my mind for some time now.

What does Islam say about sixth senses?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohammed farah
12-24-2006, 09:07 AM
salam alykum sister, here's your answer

Question: What is the concept of the sixth sense in Islam? For example, I was told that when you are about to do something and suddenly change your mind, because of which you are saved from a calamity, then it is on account of an angel that stops you from doing it. However, someone else told me that Islam recognizes a sixth sense. Is that true?

Answered by Sheikh Muhammad al-Khudayrî

No doubt, whatever befalls a person, as well as whatever a person does, considers doing, or refrains from doing, is all by Allah’s command and in accordance with His governance of Creation.

That a person may embark upon something early or hold back from doing so and thus bypass a misfortune, this is from Allah’s preservation of that person.

Allah says: “For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession before and behind him; they guard him by the command of Allah.” [Sûrah al-Ra`d: 11]

A person may be preserved from harm by means of natural causes, such as doing what brings about desired results and avoiding that which is harmful. It may also come about as a result of his upholding Islamic teachings through belief, piety, and obedience to Allah’s commands.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to Ibn `Abbâs: “Preserve (your duty to) Allah and He will preserve you.”

I do not know of any evidence whatsoever for the existence of a “sixth sense”. I know of no textual, rational, or empirical support for it.

Supposing it does exist, would it have the significance of showing how things that have not taken place will take place? If that is what is being claimed for it, then is no more than a form of soothsaying that aspires to ascertain knowledge of the Unseen.

May Allah guide us all.

matobosha
12-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Assalam Aleikum,

This is a good question brother.
The answer to this is that for any event whether good or bad was already meant to be and it is good for you...this can be classified as what is known as ilm ghaib ie ; tHE KNOWLEDGE OF THE UNSEEN.

Snowflake
01-06-2007, 01:22 AM
I believe in the sixth sense - also known as the 'third eye' or 'gut instinct' There's nothing extraordinary about it that it cannot be believed. Every time I have ignored it or labelled it as waswaas, I've suffered from terrible consequences as a result. If I listened to that lil voice in my head without doubt, I would've saved myself so much heartache.

SubhanAllah, now I, without a doubt, believe that the things our sixth sense tells us is a guidence from Allah. And the doubts we have concerning our sixth sense are the whisperings of the shaytan trying to mislead us.

I'm sure others have been in the position where they wish they'd listened to that lil voice in their head?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.