PDA

View Full Version : Bikini outcry stops party



lolwatever
12-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Rape crisis counsellors and alcohol experts slammed the bikini party, revealed in yesterday's Herald Sun, claiming that it reduced women to sexual objects and exposed them to the risk of extreme intoxication and sexual assault.
so y did ppl get all angry when Muslims sed same thing? :rollseyes ....


----


Amber Lounge management yesterday scrapped plans for a Christmas bikini party where women wearing bathers would have received unlimited free drinks at the CBD bar on Friday night.

In a two-hour meeting with the director of liquor licensing, Sue Maclellan, and Victoria Police yesterday, both the management and promoter WTF Productions decided it was in their best interests to dump the party.

Ms Maclellan had threatened to stop the event going ahead if she concluded that it failed to meet the legal requirement for responsible serving of alcohol.
The bar will now host a Hawaiian summer party night offering two free drinks for all who attend.

Rape crisis counsellors and alcohol experts slammed the bikini party, revealed in yesterday's Herald Sun, claiming that it reduced women to sexual objects and exposed them to the risk of extreme intoxication and sexual assault.
Ms Maclellan said the result was good for all those involved.

"Following a meeting between Amber Lounge management, the promoter of the Christmas bikini night, and liquor licensing and Victoria Police, the club manager and the promoter have decided to withdraw the bikini party promotion following liquor licensing concerns about whether the event met licence requirements to serve alcohol responsibly," Ms Maclellan said.
Centre Against Sexual Assault manager Helen Makregiorgos – who had condemned the proposal for reducing women to sexual objects – said the decision was fantastic.

Premier Steve Bracks weighed into the controversy yesterday, saying people could dress as they chose, but clubs had to ensure they served alcohol responsibly.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...81-661,00.html
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
12-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by lolwatever
so y did ppl get all angry when Muslims sed same thing? :rollseyes ....
Islamophobia?
Reply

syilla
12-22-2006, 07:30 AM
i understand bro...

the same thing happened here in m'sia....

we asked the to cover up more...and to wear modestly...and they said the authority is oppressing the women :rolleyes:
Reply

north_malaysian
12-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
i understand bro...

the same thing happened here in m'sia....

we asked the to cover up more...and to wear modestly...and they said the authority is oppressing the women :rolleyes:
MPKB? (Majlis Perbandaran Kota Bharu - Kota Bharu City Council)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
England
12-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Nowt wrong with bikini parties.
Reply

FBI
12-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by England
Nowt wrong with bikini parties.
Would U want your sister or mother going to one wearing a bikini with mutiple guys lusting over them.
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by FBI
Would U want your sister or mother going to one wearing a bikini with mutiple guys lusting over them.
They wouldn't do it, unless they're in a hot country. Everyone that goes to Spain on holidays wears a bikini on a beach
Reply

safwana
12-22-2006, 04:25 PM
thats the problem with the people of this world you where they have a problem you dont where and they use and abuse you?

end result cover up and u'l feal better yourself. and the women will get the respect they deserve?!?
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by safwana
thats the problem with the people of this world you where they have a problem you dont where and they use and abuse you?

end result cover up and u'l feal better yourself. and the women will get the respect they deserve?!?
Women like to receive the benefits of the sun. A bit of tan on their legs, a gentle breeze hitting their body. They don't want to sweat like mad under that clothing. They would like to keep cool.

Can I ask you something? You say women should be respected, keep their dignity, cover themselves to prevent men from glaring or abusing them. Why doesn't it go the same way for men? There are women that do exactly what men do. They glare, their hormones run wild if they see a good looking man, they'll try to get you to bed etc etc, yet men aren't permitted to cover up, wear veils etc?
Reply

Woodrow
12-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by England
Women like to receive the benefits of the sun. A bit of tan on their legs, a gentle breeze hitting their body. They don't want to sweat like mad under that clothing. They would like to keep cool.

Can I ask you something? You say women should be respected, keep their dignity, cover themselves to prevent men from glaring or abusing them. Why doesn't it go the same way for men? There are women that do exactly what men do. They glare, their hormones run wild if they see a good looking man, they'll try to get you to bed etc etc, yet men aren't permitted to cover up, wear veils etc?
But men are required to dress modestly and yes certain areas are to be covered up. The Beard substitutes for the Niqaab(veil) and is is a permament fixture. If you ever see a Muslim male swimming you will notice the bathing suit extends to the knees and a shirt is worn.
Reply

Pk_#2
12-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by England
They wouldn't do it, unless they're in a hot country. Everyone that goes to Spain on holidays wears a bikini on a beach
Everyone? pshh
Reply

Pk_#2
12-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
But men are required to dress modestly and yes certain areas are to be covered up. The Beard substitutes for the Niqaab(veil) and is is a permament fixture. If you ever see a Muslim male swimming you will notice the bathing suit extends to the knees and a shirt is worn.
Exactly! nice one bruv :D

AsalamuAlyakum Warahatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Reply

lolwatever
12-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by England
Nowt wrong with bikini parties.
then y not submit a research paper to the rape counsellors detailing the evidence for your discovery :rollseyes
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Everyone? pshh
Figure of speech.

Originally Posted by lolwatever
then y not submit a research paper to the rape counsellors detailing the evidence for your discovery :rollseyes
Wearing jeans, jumper, coat etc won't prevent a rapist from doing what he wants. It doesn't stop muslim women from getting raped in the Middle East does it?
Reply

Hijrah
12-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by England
Figure of speech.



Wearing jeans, jumper, coat etc won't prevent a rapist from doing what he wants. It doesn't stop muslim women from getting raped in the Middle East does it?
many rapists tell you that it makes a difference at least
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 08:05 PM
I've heard a fair few reports of rapes with women wearing jeans, jumper etc. If there's a good looking woman walking the street and the rapist is gagging, he'll go for it.
Reply

Fishman
12-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by England
Wearing jeans, jumper, coat etc won't prevent a rapist from doing what he wants. It doesn't stop muslim women from getting raped in the Middle East does it?
:sl:
Actually, not many people get raped in Muslim countries, except for those which have been war-torn. I think it's more to do with the harsh punishments though.
:w:
Reply

safwana
12-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by England
Women like to receive the benefits of the sun. A bit of tan on their legs, a gentle breeze hitting their body. They don't want to sweat like mad under that clothing. They would like to keep cool.

Can I ask you something? You say women should be respected, keep their dignity, cover themselves to prevent men from glaring or abusing them. Why doesn't it go the same way for men? There are women that do exactly what men do. They glare, their hormones run wild if they see a good looking man, they'll try to get you to bed etc etc, yet men aren't permitted to cover up, wear veils etc?

thats the thing men dont understand? who says women sweat under it? who knows what they wear under the uper garment?!?

for men its not to coverup but to keep there gaze down?
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by safwana
thats the thing men dont understand? who says women sweat under it? who knows what they wear under the uper garment?!?

for men its not to coverup but to keep there gaze down?
Sorry I don't understand. What's the thing men don't understand? Women will of course sweat in hot climate by covering up. What do you mean by "who knows what they wear under the uper garment."

If I'm easily misunderstood do blame my late night last night, or should I say this morning, and excessive alcohol consumption :rollseyes
Reply

Skillganon
12-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Actually in HOT countries it is more advantage/healthier to cover yourself up more (less sureface area esposed) than to walk around exposed.
Reply

safwana
12-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by England
Sorry I don't understand. What's the thing men don't understand? Women will of course sweat in hot climate by covering up. What do you mean by "who knows what they wear under the uper garment."

If I'm easily misunderstood do blame my late night last night, or should I say this morning, and excessive alcohol absorption:rollseyes
i mean that women dress acording to the whether the same way a women who does not cover her self dresses acording to the whether thats how a women covering her self would dress under her garment?

hope you understand that?
Reply

safwana
12-22-2006, 09:58 PM
oh yeah! dont they say that to much sunlight is not good for you and it can be the cause to cancer?

so islam has done the best in the womens favour and told her to cover up?
Reply

Fishman
12-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by England
Can I ask you something? You say women should be respected, keep their dignity, cover themselves to prevent men from glaring or abusing them. Why doesn't it go the same way for men? There are women that do exactly what men do. They glare, their hormones run wild if they see a good looking man, they'll try to get you to bed etc etc, yet men aren't permitted to cover up, wear veils etc?
:sl:
Yes, it does go the same for men. Long white robes, a turban and a beard tend to keep away those women who glare and try to ask men in the street out. I would even say it works too well, unfortunately. If somebody ignorant looks at you they will probably not think you are a respectable Muslim, but a weirdo in pyjamas.

And who says that the female sex drive is the same as men's? Who commits most rape: men. Who look at filthy magazines to get their 'fix': mostly men. Who designs all the revealing clothes we see on billboards and TV: mostly men. As a result, women are asked to cover up, in order to protect them from the unwanted gaze of men, whilst men are ordered to divert their gaze away from women. Ever wondered why women pray behind men? Because no respectable Muslim woman would ever want her butt stared at by a pervert!
:w:
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by safwana
i mean that women dress acording to the whether the same way a women who does not cover her self dresses acording to the whether thats how a women covering her self would dress under her garment?

hope you understand that?
ZZZooooooooooooooom. :okay:
Are muslim women able to go swimming or is that prohibited due to the exposure of their flesh.

P.s women like to have tans, they don't want to be protected from the sun. I've heard 15 mins in the sun is good for you as vitamin D made in the skin in response to ultraviolet B radiation may protect against certain diseases, including cancer of the breast, colon and prostate.
Reply

safwana
12-22-2006, 10:04 PM
And who says that the female sex drive is the same as men's? Who commits most rape: men. Who look at filthy magazines to get their 'fix': mostly men. Who designs all the revealing clothes we see on billboards and TV: mostly men. As a result, women are asked to cover up, in order to protect them from the unwanted gaze of men, whilst men are ordered to divert their gaze away from women. Ever wondered why women pray behind men? Because no respectable Muslim woman would ever want her butt stared at by a pervert!
:w:[/QUOTE

i agree with you ? islam has given a women the respect she deserves?
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
Yes, it does go the same for men. Long white robes, a turban and a beard tend to keep away those women who glare and try to ask men in the street out. I would even say it works too well, unfortunately. If somebody ignorant looks at you they will probably not think you are a respectable Muslim, but a weirdo in pyjamas.

And who says that the female sex drive is the same as men's? Who commits most rape: men. Who look at filthy magazines to get their 'fix': mostly men. Who designs all the revealing clothes we see on billboards and TV: mostly men. As a result, women are asked to cover up, in order to protect them from the unwanted gaze of men, whilst men are ordered to divert their gaze away from women. Ever wondered why women pray behind men? Because no respectable Muslim woman would ever want her butt stared at by a pervert!
:w:
You don't know some of the women I know. Some of them are more horny than any guy
Reply

safwana
12-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by England
You don't know some of the women I know. Some of them are more horny than any guy
thats what you say may be they puting on a act. girls are good at that?
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by safwana
thats what you say may be they puting on a act. girls are good at that?
I wouldn't know. I don't like the tarty gals. I prefer gals that have a sense of dignity... unless I'm drunk of course
Reply

Fishman
12-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by England
You don't know some of the women I know. Some of them are more horny than any guy
:sl:
Yes, I know some women are like that, especially teenagers. But there are many more male perverts than women. Do women make tight clothes for men to make them look more 'sexy'? No, not often. Have women created a culture in which men are encouraged to show their bodies off to women as much as legally possible? No. But have men done the same to women? Yes.
Male models wear deneim suits and striped shirts, not leather boots and tiny skirts! Why? Because the male sex drive is usually more aggressive than a typical woman's!
:w:
Reply

safwana
12-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by England
ZZZooooooooooooooom. :okay:
Are muslim women able to go swimming or is that prohibited due to the exposure of their flesh.

P.s women like to have tans, they don't want to be protected from the sun. I've heard 15 mins in the sun is good for you as vitamin D made in the skin in response to ultraviolet B radiation may protect against certain diseases, including cancer of the breast, colon and prostate.

"are muslinm allowed to go swimming?"
now that is a diffrent debate in it self that would take to much time to explain. maybe when i have more time.
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by safwana
"are muslinm allowed to go swimming?"
now that is a diffrent debate in it self that would take to much time to explain. maybe when i have more time.
It wasn't a debate it was a curious question but ok no problem.
Reply

Muhammad
12-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Greetings,

This might help:

Question:

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah
Are Women allowed to swim in a secluded place together?
If yes. How are they supposed to dress as any dress will stick to the body when wet. Please explain in detail
Wassalaam

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Anything that could be a source of temptation among women must be prevented. So their swimming in clothes that do not cover their ‘awrah (parts of the body which must be covered) properly because they stick to the body is something that is not allowed. If they swim in clothes that cover them, in a place far from the gaze of men, and cover themselves as soon as they come out of the water so that others will not see them in clothes that show the shape or colour of their ‘awrah, then there is nothing wrong with this so long as they adhere to the shar’i conditions. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Reply

England
12-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings,

This might help:

Question:

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah
Are Women allowed to swim in a secluded place together?
If yes. How are they supposed to dress as any dress will stick to the body when wet. Please explain in detail
Wassalaam

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Anything that could be a source of temptation among women must be prevented. So their swimming in clothes that do not cover their ‘awrah (parts of the body which must be covered) properly because they stick to the body is something that is not allowed. If they swim in clothes that cover them, in a place far from the gaze of men, and cover themselves as soon as they come out of the water so that others will not see them in clothes that show the shape or colour of their ‘awrah, then there is nothing wrong with this so long as they adhere to the shar’i conditions. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Alright, gotcha. Cheers.
Reply

*noor
12-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by England
Wearing jeans, jumper, coat etc won't prevent a rapist from doing what he wants.
Peace

most women that get raped go through that misfortune not only because they are revealing too much and making men lust over them, but moreover, i think its about control....the many males in this world, especially in the west, want to have control over everything, that's why they invent all of these revealing clothes and such...if a women gives in to this and wears these revealing clothes, the fact that she gave in is part of what makes a man want to rape her....if she has already given in by "worshipping the need of men" , ie. wearing revealing clothing, then she is an easier target....a woman who is more covered is stronger and men can see that because this woman has not given in to what these men want her to wear...she has stood strong and refuses to do what they want her to do....this makes her a much more difficult target

anyways thats the way i see it
Allaahu a3lam
Reply

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by England
Wearing jeans, jumper, coat etc won't prevent a rapist from doing what he wants. It doesn't stop muslim women from getting raped in the Middle East does it?
Have you heard of somethign called psychological effects? Someone running around naked definately gives crooks a greater drive than someone properly covered.

Compare rape stats in middle east 50 years ago to what it is now, and also compare the hijab rates and then come back to us with your results.

tc all the best :thankyou:

ps: but srsly, go ahead n submit a paper to these rape counsellors detailing your view from psychological perspective and let us know what they say.
Reply

Malaikah
12-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by England
Women like to receive the benefits of the sun. A bit of tan on their legs, a gentle breeze hitting their body. They don't want to sweat like mad under that clothing. They would like to keep cool.
Forgot to mention a bit of skin cancer... :rollseyes Ever heard of deodorant? Not to mention, our bodies sweat to keep us cool. :rollseyes

Can I ask you something? You say women should be respected, keep their dignity, cover themselves to prevent men from glaring or abusing them. Why doesn't it go the same way for men? There are women that do exactly what men do. They glare, their hormones run wild if they see a good looking man, they'll try to get you to bed etc etc, yet men aren't permitted to cover up, wear veils etc?
And who said that men are allowed to wear whatever they want? They have to cover from their navel to the knee. And that doesn't mean they can walk around topless either, if there is any chance of temptation being cause they have to cover up too, and wear loose clothes.

They also are not allowed to shave. Something tells me that the kind of girls you are talking about aren't going to hit on a guy with a beard.
Reply

Abdul-Raouf
12-23-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by England
You don't know some of the women I know. Some of them are more horny than any guy

means u didnt control ur eyes... and also since u r drunkard ... it reveals that u cant control urself from taking alcohol.. you couldn control urself ...

u are a man without self control...is it fair on ur part to say that " i require a women who is filled with dignity, respect, etc..."
Reply

England
12-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
Forgot to mention a bit of skin cancer... :rollseyes Ever heard of deodorant? Not to mention, our bodies sweat to keep us cool. :rollseyes



And who said that men are allowed to wear whatever they want? They have to cover from their navel to the knee. And that doesn't mean they can walk around topless either, if there is any chance of temptation being cause they have to cover up too, and wear loose clothes.

They also are not allowed to shave. Something tells me that the kind of girls you are talking about aren't going to hit on a guy with a beard.

Ever heard of sun block? :okay: A bit of sun is good for you. I wear deoderant EVERY single day but I still sweat at work. It just stops you from smelling.
Something tells me that the kind of girls you are talking about aren't going to hit on a guy with a beard
Yes I believe you're right. Exact reason why I shave and try to look my best at all times.

Originally Posted by Muzammil
means u didnt control ur eyes... and also since u r drunkard ... it reveals that u cant control urself from taking alcohol.. you couldn control urself ...

u are a man without self control...is it fair on ur part to say that " i require a women who is filled with dignity, respect, etc..."
I don't need to control my eyes, I don't believe that we are required not to look at gals. I'm only drunk on a Friday night or Saturday night, but was a bit earlier this week :)
I have self control, I know my boundaries and I stay within them but whilst I'm single I'll flirt...etc.
As a girlfriend a gal, self dignity, respect, etc is what I require. Some of the Polish gals fit in that category :)
Reply

Malaikah
12-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by England
Yes I believe you're right. Exact reason why I shave and try to look my best at all times.
Good. Problem solved and your question has been addressed.:peace:
Reply

England
12-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
Good. Problem solved and your point is now useless.

What "point?" All my "points" have been questions. I know squat about Islam, I've said this time and time again. I ask questions and somehow it turns into a debate. I don't care if a male is required to make themselves unattractive. It doesn't apply to me.
After someone telling me "a man dresses this way, appears this way to put off women" when have I said "no you're wrong, they do that, they do this blar de blar?"
So I don't quite see what part of my point is useless.
Reply

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by England
What "point?" All my "points" have been questions. I know squat about Islam, I've said this time and time again. I ask questions and somehow it turns into a debate. I don't care if a male is required to make themselves unattractive. It doesn't apply to me.
she's just saying that you've answered ur own question with regard 2 that..

did u look at my point....... :?
Reply

England
12-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by lolwatever
she's just saying that you've answered ur own question with regard 2 that..

did u look at my point....... :?
No she's telling my point of the "debate" was wrong. I wasn't debating what men are wearing, I was asking a question. If it had been said that they are an exception then there would have been a case for debate.

I don't have enough time to submit papers to councillors but what I would say is that the reason, if true, that rape has falling in the middle east is due to the punishments. We here don't have capital punishment unfortunately. Over there, the thought of being stoned to death, beheaded whatever would be what would deter them. I have though, heard of many muslim women being raped in the middle east.

I can't reply to everyone's post. There's too many.
Reply

Malaikah
12-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by England
What "point?" All my "points" have been questions. I know squat about Islam, I've said this time and time again. I ask questions and somehow it turns into a debate.
Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you were debating, it is just that some of the things you said are offensive to Muslims. Also your tone is a bit rough, maybe if you softened it up a bit it would sound less like your trying to argue.

I don't care if a male is required to make themselves unattractive. It doesn't apply to me.
:eek: Beards don't make men ugly!

After someone telling me "a man dresses this way, appears this way to put off women" when have I said "no you're wrong, they do that, they do this blar de blar?"
So I don't quite see what part of my point is useless.
I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

Perhaps I was being a little defensive. I shall edit my post, inshaallah.
Reply

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by England
No she's telling my point of the "debate" was wrong. I wasn't debating what men are wearing, I was asking a question. If it had been said that they are an exception then there would have been a case for debate.

I don't have enough time to submit papers to councillors but what I would say is that the reason, if true, that rape has falling in the middle east is due to the punishments. We here don't have capital punishment unfortunately. Over there, the thought of being stoned to death, beheaded whatever would be what would deter them. I have though, heard of many muslim women being raped in the middle east.

I can't reply to everyone's post. There's too many.

Ok since you don't have time... i wrote up a template you can use to submit to them:

Dear Rape Councellors,

I have come to the conclusion that a woman revealing her body (including private parts) is much less prone to be raped compared to a woman who is fully covered.

This is because, the more a woman uncovers herself, the less appealing she becomes to the opposite sex.

The evidence for this is, that when companies advertise products with women wearing Niqab, consumers are far more attracted to these advertisements compared to advertising the same product with a bikini-wearing woman. For I believe Bikini-wearing women are indeed much less attractive to most men.

Having noted this, i think there is no harm at all in promoting women wearing barely any clothing since this has absolutely no effect in stimulating negative sexual related thoughts in men.

Yours Truly,
England.


what you think ? :p
Reply

FollowingAlhuda
12-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by England
ZZZooooooooooooooom. :okay:
Are muslim women able to go swimming or is that prohibited due to the exposure of their flesh.

P.s women like to have tans, they don't want to be protected from the sun. I've heard 15 mins in the sun is good for you as vitamin D made in the skin in response to ultraviolet B radiation may protect against certain diseases, including cancer of the breast, colon and prostate.
That is Vitamin E!

And not every woman whant to have a tan!

You know i'm a woman that covers herself all up. But i have to tell you WHY are people in the summer searching for a shadow??? That's the same thing with our dresses, their like shadows for us. Offcourse we sweat al little bit!! But also the woman that are whearing a bikini!.

Something else. In the winter it is very COLD. I see woman wearing only panties and a small skirt! Hmmmm isn't that cold?!!! But whatever i wont talk about them, because they can do whatever they want. Just like us. Espessialy when it benefits us!

Think twice first!
Reply

England
12-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you were debating, it is just that some of the things you said are offensive to Muslims. Also your tone is a bit rough, maybe if you softened it up a bit it would sound less like your trying to argue.



:eek: Beards don't make men ugly!



I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

Perhaps I was being a little defensive. I shall edit my post, inshaallah.
I apologise if it sounded a bit rough, perhaps my conscience mind expects it to turn into an argument although it isn't intended. From the cyber world I'm one of the nicest guys you could meet, do many deeds and even smile which would probably surprise a few of you here :okay:

Originally Posted by lolwatever
Ok since you don't have time... i wrote up a template you can use to submit to them:

Dear Rape Councellors,

I have come to the conclusion that a woman revealing her body (including private parts) is much less prone to be raped compared to a woman who is fully covered.

This is because, the more a woman uncovers herself, the less appealing she becomes to the opposite sex.

The evidence for this is, that when companies advertise products with women wearing Niqab, consumers are far more attracted to these advertisements compared to advertising the same product with a bikini-wearing woman. For I believe Bikini-wearing women are indeed much less attractive to most men.

Having noted this, i think there is no harm at all in promoting women wearing barely any clothing since this has absolutely no effect in stimulating negative sexual related thoughts in men.

Yours Truly,
England.


what you think ? :p
Come on admit it, that's overly exaggerated :giggling:
Reply

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by England

Come on admit it, that's overly exaggerated :giggling:
well, that's pretty much what you're claiming innit :uuh:

ur saying that someoen wearing bikinis and someone fully covered doesnt change their potential to be raped! :offended:
Reply

England
12-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by lolwatever
well, that's pretty much what you're claiming innit :uuh:

ur saying that someoen wearing bikinis and someone fully covered doesnt change their potential to be raped! :offended:
Showing their bits off? I've not said anything about that being ok lol and I'm talking about about women that walk down to the shops to buy a paper or whatever. I'm not referring to women at the beaches because the chances of getting raped on a beach is slim with all the people around.
Reply

England
12-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by FollowingAlhuda
That is Vitamin E!

And not every woman whant to have a tan!

You know i'm a woman that covers herself all up. But i have to tell you WHY are people in the summer searching for a shadow??? That's the same thing with our dresses, their like shadows for us. Offcourse we sweat al little bit!! But also the woman that are whearing a bikini!.

Something else. In the winter it is very COLD. I see woman wearing only panties and a small skirt! Hmmmm isn't that cold?!!! But whatever i wont talk about them, because they can do whatever they want. Just like us. Espessialy when it benefits us!

Think twice first!
You will also see alot of people spending hours in the sun but once they've had enough they will retreat to a shadow. Women that wear small skirts and knickers are the type of gals that are looking for one night stands, not all gals do that. A couple I went with on Thursday night were wearing jeans and a long sleeved top.
Reply

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by England
Showing their bits off? I've not said anything about that being ok lol and I'm talking about about women that walk down to the shops to buy a paper or whatever. I'm not referring to women at the beaches because the chances of getting raped on a beach is slim with all the people around.
wats the diff between "showing their bits off" and "almost showing them" :offended:

n who cares if its at the beach or on the street, point is it gets ideas clicking in sick minded people, and once they set a target, who says he won't suss her out 2 somewhere where no1 can see :uuh:

ur thoughts are totally contradictory to simple logic...
Reply

FollowingAlhuda
12-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by England
You will also see alot of people spending hours in the sun but once they've had enough they will retreat to a shadow. Women that wear small skirts and knickers are the type of gals that are looking for one night stands, not all gals do that. A couple I went with on Thursday night were wearing jeans and a long sleeved top.

Yess i understand. But no Muslim says something about these galls. If a woman want to dress something like that she can! But she has to know here consequences..

But my religion doesn't support that. If you see what kind of respect i get from my Muslim brothers! (others do not even see me, ore hate the way i wear) It is beutifull!!! 2 years ago when i didn't practise my faith and did not cover it all up, i wasn't respected like now! You can see the diffrence.

But everybody has his one point of view. I say the Islamic is the best..spirtuall , sciantificall, logicall etc etc
Reply

England
12-23-2006, 01:52 PM
There are consequences for everything. I myself would choose a gal with self-dignity, not looking "for it" and with some respect over a gal that wears a short skirt, plastered full of makeup, with a message saying "I want some." But I do not think it's wrong to dress that way or that it's right. You could get "spat at on the train for dressing as a muslim," you could get people giving you abuse for dressing in a veil, murdered and intimidated etc.

I'm off out, so if there's a post that needs a reply I'll reply perhaps tonight.

Take care
Reply

FollowingAlhuda
12-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by England
You could get "spat at on the train for dressing as a muslim," you could get people giving you abuse for dressing in a veil, murdered and intimidated etc.

Take care

Yes, but i'm not searching for that. They hate me becauze i'm a muslim. Because in what i believe. I do not have problems with that. I even feel good bcz of a Hadith of our Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) he says:

"Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers."

I will not behave the same way non Muslim behave towards me. I will behave witch dignity and respect, in order them to respect me.
If there are people that have a problem with Islaam then only it's their problem. The are more and more Muslims. Many people are entering Islaam. Wal Hamdolilah. Islam is because of that the fastest growing religion in the World!!!

Wonder how that could be???
Reply

Pk_#2
12-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by England
There are consequences for everything. I myself would choose a gal with self-dignity, not looking "for it" and with some respect over a gal that wears a short skirt, plastered full of makeup, with a message saying "I want some." But I do not think it's wrong to dress that way or that it's right. You could get "spat at on the train for dressing as a muslim," you could get people giving you abuse for dressing in a veil, murdered and intimidated etc.

I'm off out, so if there's a post that needs a reply I'll reply perhaps tonight.

Take care
Hello :D

Mr.Pagan, England geezah...(You dun have a name yet)

What you mean? ^^

You will also a get a great deal of good, being a Muslim and dressing approprietely, But you won't understand, 'cause your too far back now :uuh:
Reply

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by England
There are consequences for everything. I myself would choose a gal with self-dignity, not looking "for it" and with some respect over a gal that wears a short skirt, plastered full of makeup, with a message saying "I want some." But I do not think it's wrong to dress that way or that it's right. You could get "spat at on the train for dressing as a muslim," you could get people giving you abuse for dressing in a veil, murdered and intimidated etc.

I'm off out, so if there's a post that needs a reply I'll reply perhaps tonight.

Take care
looks like you've answered your own questions.

Getting spat at is due to the Islamophobia present, 10 years ago things like that where ever so unlikely. So it's obvious that if it wasn't for that, someone properly covered in hijab is (and even with the low risk of being spat at, still is) in a much safer condition than someone bouncing around in bikinis as far as sexual assault is concerned.

take care all the best :)
Reply

England
12-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Hello :D

Mr.Pagan, England geezah...(You dun have a name yet)

What you mean? ^^

You will also a get a great deal of good, being a Muslim and dressing approprietely, But you won't understand, 'cause your too far back now :uuh:
What is that meant to mean? You think that because I'm non-muslim people disrespect me, look at me like dirt etc? Think again :giggling: I'm happy with the way I am, I'm happy with the way I'm treated and I will always be me. I love my way of life, I needn't be a slave of anyone, I know God's happy with me.
Reply

lolwatever
12-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by England
What is that meant to mean? You think that because I'm non-muslim people disrespect me, look at me like dirt etc? Think again :giggling: I'm happy with the way I am, I'm happy with the way I'm treated and I will always be me. I love my way of life, I needn't be a slave of anyone, I know God's happy with me.
you're avoiding the topic England........
Reply

lolwatever
12-24-2006, 12:40 AM
ok back to topic pleease :uhwhat

i think the piont has been made...someone semi-naked is obviously at a much higher risk than someone who isn't.
Reply

England
12-24-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by SirDemonic
ok but am just stating the facts :D did i touch your nerve? am SORRY :statisfie

With all due respect you have not stated any facts. You have stated something incorrect and then stated your opinion which does not apply to me. The butler obeys his boss just like you obey yours.

Originally Posted by lolwatever
ok back to topic pleease :uhwhat

i think the piont has been made...someone semi-naked is obviously at a much higher risk than someone who isn't.
Let them dress as they please. It's not for us to say what they should or shouldn't wear. What are the chances of getting raped on a beach full of people.
Reply

lolwatever
12-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by England
Let them dress as they please. It's not for us to say what they should or shouldn't wear. What are the chances of getting raped on a beach full of people.

The chances are there and very possible, doesn't the statistic that there's a sexual assault every 90 seconds in the US make anything click in your mind :skeleton: (UN, 1998)

Just coz its in your interest to see women half naked doesn't mean it's in their interest as well.
Reply

England
12-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by lolwatever
The chances are there and very possible, doesn't the statistic that there's a sexual assault every 90 seconds in the US make anything click in your mind :skeleton: (UN, 1998)

Just coz its in your interest to see women half naked doesn't mean it's in their interest as well.

Rape is high in Pakistan too but they don't wear bikinis :rollseyes
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Theres a reason why we r supposed to wear loose clothing. Even fitted clothing is a sign for a go to the rapist. It still reveals ur figure. But it still isnt high compared to western countries. No where near actually.
Reply

lolwatever
12-24-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by England
Rape is high in Pakistan too but they don't wear bikinis :rollseyes
no where near as high as the US (probably not even a hundredth of what goes on there), but you're missing the point, different environments have different erasons... clothing is a MAJOR factor.

in pak, the reasons are partially similar (most of tiem its 2do with what they wear, and even more so becasue of the tribal system which is based on thigns like that).

Islam adresses all the problems, it asks women to wear modestly, makes sure tribal leaders don't have the right to be animals like that, and os the problem is solved from all aspects.

you're doing your best to avoid the facts.
Reply

Muhammad
12-24-2006, 01:22 AM
:sl: and Greetings,

I think this thread has gone on for long enough. We have already had discussions of this nature before, which can be found in the following threads, and any other similar threads can be searched for:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...-means-no.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...jaab-rape.html

:threadclo
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 10:54 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 06:03 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 02:37 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 05:22 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!