/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adulteress Repents

pakilarki
12-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Assamamoalakum

I am new here and have a critical and sensitive question to ask. I have sinned and had intercourse before marriage. I have become a new person since this occurrence (about 2 years ago) and have begged Allah for forgiveness. I was reading the Holy Quran when I came across Surah 24 Al-Noor that states "The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater". Now does this mean I can only marry one who has committed the same sin even though I have begged for forgiveness and no longer partake in such sin? What if I wish to marry one who is not an adulterer? Please help clarify, I am so depressed about this.:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
12-24-2006, 08:53 AM
:w:

Alhamdulilah, it is good that you have repented. :) The verse does not apply to you, because of your repentance, rather it refers to the people who are still actively doing the sin:

But if a person is immoral and corrupt, and still has relationships from before, then you should never, ever agree to marry him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “The adulterer marries not but an adulteress or a mushrikah. And the woman who agrees to marry a mushrik or an adulterer, then she is either a prostitute or a mushrikah. Such a thing is forbidden to the believers.” [al-Noor 24:3]

Ibn Katheer said, commenting on the phrase Such a thing is forbidden to the believers: “i.e., (it is forbidden for) a man to marry an immoral woman, or for a chaste woman to marry an immoral man. Hence Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal said that the marriage contract between a chaste man and an immoral woman is invalid, so long as she remains like this, unless she is asked to repent and she does so, in which case the contract becomes valid, otherwise it is not valid. Similarly, the marriage of a free, chaste woman to a promiscuous, immoral man is invalid unless he repents sincerely, because Allaah says Such a thing is forbidden to the believers.”

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2528&ln=eng

May Allah swt always guide us.

Snowflake
12-24-2006, 03:49 PM
May Allah accept your repentance. Ameen.

ehmad
01-01-2007, 04:48 PM
As Salam Wa Alikum

Dear Sister in Islam, may Allah accept your repentance. Concerning your question, Allah relates in the Holy quran that if you seek repentance of your sin with the intention of not repeating then allah is Oft forgiving, the most merciful.
"When my servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I respond to the prayer of every supplicant when he calls on me: let them also, with a will, listen to my call, and believe in me: that they may walk in the right way"[Surah Al-Baqarah, v.186].

Secondly, it is also narrated in the Holy Quran that if you make supplication concerning your spouse, pray to Allah for the religious one for you will be blessed.
Be among those who say: "Our Lord may our spouses and our offspring be a joy to our eyes and make us leaders of the righteous"[Surah Al-Furqan, 74].

Lastly, My dear Sister in Islam, dont put any question concerning your sins for you are making witnesses for yourself on the day of Judgement. For our beloved prophet (pbuh) has said, if somebody narrates his sins to another person, thus he had made a witness against himself for the day of judgement.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
01-01-2007, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
May Allah accept your repentance. Ameen.
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Ameen!

Umar001
01-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I am glad you've turned away and I hope that at least this will show everyone here that fornication or adultery is not a good thing or as good as it might seem, inshaAllah.

Helena
01-01-2007, 06:01 PM
alhamdulilah may Allah(swt) accept it inshAllah...

Ar-RaYYan
01-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Alhamdulillah that you had the chance turn to the striaght path before it was too late and all thanks to Allah subhana wa tala (some people aren't that lucky)and may Allah accept your repentance.Ameen

samsam
01-01-2007, 06:44 PM
may allah accept your repentance sister

- Qatada -
01-01-2007, 06:49 PM
:salamext:

Subhaan Allaah, congratulations on your repentance. May Allaah accept it from you and all the ummah.

“… And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.” [al-Noor 24:31]. In this aayah, Allaah made the connection between success and tawbah, which indicates that the one who repents will be successful and blessed. If the one who repents follows his repentance with faith and righteous deeds, Allaah will wipe out his sayi’aat (evil deeds) and replace them with hasanaat (good deeds). Allaah says in Soorat al-Furqaan, after mentioning shirk, killing without just cause and zina (unlawful sexual intercourse) (interpretation of the meaning):

“The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace; Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Furqaan 25:69-70]

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...20good%20deeds

SATalha
01-01-2007, 06:50 PM
All sins are forgiven except Shirk. My best friend is in your shoes and he is repenting as well. Inshallah your repentance is accepted. Your are a good person for seeking clarification

- Qatada -
01-02-2007, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
All sins are forgiven except Shirk. My best friend is in your shoes and he is repenting as well. Inshallah your repentance is accepted. Your are a good person for seeking clarification

Even shirk can be forgiven if the person repents and turns away from it within their lifetime. :) However if someone dies in a state of shirk, then that can't be forgiven. We seek refuge in Allaah from that, and Allaah azawajal knows best.

How can we repent from shirk?

:salamext:

SATalha
01-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for correcting me Bro

matobosha
01-02-2007, 02:52 PM
It takes a lot of courage to reveal your predicament. May Allah take this as a true sign of a beleiver and wipe out your past sins.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Ameen to all the Du'as. May Allah(swt) accept your repentance sister, InshaAllah, Ameen.

skhalid
01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Well done for being so brave..telling us bout this...inshallah ur repentance will be accepted!!!!
You made amistake and asked for forgiveness...and surely Allah will consider that u meant what you said because you did not repeat this mistake and hopefully wont ever again...
By the way I would ave never bein' able to say this on a forum...u ave courage, bravery and wisdom sista marshallah!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.