/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malaikah's Pearls of Wisdom

Malaikah
12-25-2006, 08:15 AM
:salamext:

I think my user page is getting a bit too big so inshaallah I would like to transfer old and useful material to this thread. (I got permission from a mod, please don't anyone close it:rollseyes) Also I put it in the Basic's of Islam section because my user page is mainly about Islamic stuff.

Verses from the Quran

And Shaitan will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me with as a partner with Allah. Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers).
[14:22]

It is not for the believer, man or women, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error.
[al-ahzab:36]

"...Let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that Allah should forgive you?..."
[24:22]

And never give up hope of Allahs Mercy. Certainly, no one despairs of Allahs Mercy, except the people who disbelieve.
[12:87]

لا تَحْزَنْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَنَا

"Dont be sad, verily, God is with us"
[At-Tawba, Verse 40 ]

وَقُلْنَ حَاشَ للَّهِ مَا هَـذَا بَشَرًا إِنْ هَـذَآ إِلاَّ مَلَكٌ كَرِيمٌ
Surat Yusuf, Verse 31

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
12-25-2006, 08:27 AM

Media Tags are no longer supported

Sa'ad Al-ghamdi, part of Surat Maryam. :statisfie

See also:
Ibrahim Al Jibreen 1,
Ibrahim Al Jibreen 2,
Ibrahim Al Jibreen 3
Sa'ad Al-Ghamdi recitation

Please note there is an error in the translation, the verse saying 'he neither gave in charity nor did he pray' should be 'and he niether believed nor did he pray'

Malaikah
12-25-2006, 08:31 AM

PLEASE NOTE: Although some of the following articles are written by me, they represent the opinions and conclusions of educated scholars, not my own. :)

The believer’s attitude towards calamities

Question:
If a calamity befalls the Muslim in his health or his wealth, etc, what is the correct way of dealing with it according to Islam?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Calamities and disasters are a test, and they are a sign of Allaah’s love for a person, because they are like medicine: even though it is bitter, despite its bitterness you give it to the one whom you love – and for Allaah is the highest description. In the saheeh hadeeth it says: “The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allaah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Calamities are good for the believer in the sense that reward is stored up for him the Hereafter thereby; how can it be otherwise when he is raised in status thereby and his bad deeds are expiated? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allaah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur, for perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”

Al-Fadl ibn Sahl said: “There is a blessing in calamity that the wise man should not ignore, for it erases sins, gives one the opportunity to attain the reward for patience, dispels negligence, reminds one of blessings at the time of health, calls one to repent and encourages one to give charity.

Through calamity the believer seeks reward, and there is no way to attain it but patience, and there is no way to be patient except with resolute faith and strong will.

Remember the words of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2999).

So if calamity befalls a Muslim, he must say Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return), and say the du’aa’s that have been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

How wonderful are those moments in which a person turns to his Lord and knows that He alone is the One Who grants relief from distress. How great is the relief when it comes after hardship. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

155. “but give glad tidings to As‑ Saabiroon (the patient).

156. Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: ‘Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.’

157. They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones”

[al-Baqarah 2:155-157]

Muslim (918) narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is no Muslim who is stricken with a calamity and says what Allaah has enjoined – ‘Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, reward me for my affliction and compensate me with something better’ – but Allaah will compensate him with something better.”

She said: When Abu Salamah died, I said: Who among the Muslims is better than Abu Salamah, the first household to migrate to join the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Then I said it, and Allaah compensated me with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Secondly:

There are things which, if the one who is stricken with calamity thinks about them, that will make the calamity easier for him to bear.

In his valuable book Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/189-195), Ibn al-Qayyim has mentioned several things, including the following:

1 If he looks at what has befallen him, he will find that what his Lord has left for him is similar to it or better than it, and if he is patient and accepts it, He has stored up for him something that is many times greater than what he has lost through this calamity, and if He willed He could have made the calamity even greater.

2 The fire of calamity can be extinguished by thinking of those who have been hit even harder. Let him look to his right, does he see anything but calamity? Then let him look to his left, does he see anything but loss? If he were to look at the people around him, he would not see anything but people who are tested, either by missing out on something that they like, or by having happen to them that which they dislike. The pains of this world are like dreams or like a passing shadow. If you laugh a little you will weep a lot, and if you are happy for a day you will be miserable for a lifetime, and if you have what you want for a little while, you will be deprived for a long time. There is no day of happiness but it is followed by a day of pain. Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: For every moment of joy there is a moment of sorrow, and no house is filled with joy but it will be filled with sorrow. And Ibn Sireen said: There is never any laughter but there comes weeping after it.

3 It should be noted that panicking will not make the calamity go away, and in fact it makes it worse.

4 It should be noted that missing out on the reward for patience and surrender, which is mercy and guidance that Allaah has granted as the reward for patience and turning to Him (by saying Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return)), is worse than the calamity itself.

5 It should be noted that panicking makes one’s enemy rejoice and makes one’s friend feel sad; it makes Allaah angry and makes the shaytaan happy; it destroys reward and weakens resolve. If he is patient, seeks reward, strives to please Allaah, to make his friend happy and to make his enemy sad, and seeks to relieve his brothers of their burdens and to console them before they console him, this is steadfastness and a sign of perfection – not slapping one's cheeks, rending one's garment, wishing for death and being discontent with the divine decree.

6 It should be noted that what comes after being patient and seeking reward is pleasure and joy that is many times greater than what he could have got from keeping what he lost. Sufficient for him is the “house of praise” that will be built for him in Paradise as a reward for his praising his Lord and turning to Him (by saying Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return)). So let him decide which of the two calamities is greater: a calamity in this world, or the calamity of missing out on the house of praise in eternal Paradise. In al-Tirmidhi it is narrated in a marfoo’ report: “On the Day of Resurrection people will wish that their skins had been cut with scissors in this world, when they see the reward of those who were struck with calamity.” One of the salaf said: Were it not for the calamities of this world, we would come empty-handed on the Day of Resurrection.

7 It should be noted that the One Who is testing him is the Most Wise and the Most Merciful, and that He – may He be glorified – did not send this calamity in order to destroy him or cause him pain or finish him off, rather He is checking on him, testing his patience, acceptance and faith; it is so that He may hear his du’aa’ and supplication, so that He may see him standing before Him, seeking protection, filled with humility and complaining to Him.

8 It should be noted that were it not for the trials and tribulations of this world, a person could develop arrogance, self-admiration, a pharaonic attitude and hardheartedness which would lead to his doom in this world and in the Hereafter. It is a sign of the mercy of the Most Merciful that He checks on him from time to time with the remedy of calamity so as to protect him from these diseases, to keep his submission and servitude sound, and to eliminate all bad elements that may lead to his doom. Glory be to the One Who shows mercy by means of testing, and tests by means of blessing, as it is said:

Allaah may bless us with calamities even if that is hard, and Allaah may test some people with blessings.

9 It should be noted that the bitterness of this world is the essence of sweetness in the Hereafter, as Allaah will turn the former into the latter. Similarly the sweetness of this world is the essence of bitterness in the Hereafter. It is better to move from temporary bitterness to eternal sweetness than the other way round. If this is still not clear to you, then think of what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Paradise is surrounded with difficulties, and Hell is surrounded with desires.” End quote.

Thirdly:

In many cases, if a person responds well to calamity, they understand that it is a blessing and a gift, not a test.

Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: A calamity that makes you turn to Allaah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allaah.”

Sufyaan said: What a person dislikes may be better for him than what he likes, because what he dislikes causes him to call upon Allaah, whereas what he likes may make him heedless.

Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) regarded his imprisonment as a blessing that had been caused by his enemies.

Ibn al-Qayyim said: One day he – meaning Ibn Taymiyah – said to me: What can my enemies do to me? My garden is in my heart; wherever I go it is with me and never leaves me. My detainment is seclusion (an opportunity for worship), my being killed is martyrdom, and being expelled from my city is a journey.

He used to say of his detainment in the citadel: If I were to spend the fill of this citadel in gold, that would not be sufficient to express my gratitude for this blessing. Or he said: That would not be sufficient to reward them for what they have brought to me of goodness.

When he was imprisoned, he used to say when prostrating: “O Allaah, help me to remember You, give thanks to You and to worship You well. Ma sha Allaah. He said to me (Ibn al-Qayyim) one day: The one who is really detained is the one who keeps his heart away from his Lord, and the real prisoner is the one is captive to his whims and desires. When he entered the citadel and was within its walls, he looked at it and said: “So a wall will be put up between them, with a gate therein. Inside it will be mercy, and outside it will be torment” [al-Hadeed 57:13]. Allaah knows that I have never seen anyone who was more content with his life than him, despite all the hardship that he experienced, and the lack of luxury and comfort, in fact the opposite of that, and despite the imprisonment, threats and exhaustion that he faced; despite all of that, he was the happiest of people with his life, the most content, the most courageous, the most satisfied. You could see the signs of joy and happiness in his face. When we felt afraid and were expecting calamity, and we had nowhere to turn, we would go to him and as soon as we saw him and heard his voice, all those fears disappeared and were replaced with contentment, courage, certainty and tranquillity. Glory be to the One who showed some of His slaves His Paradise before they met Him, and opened its gates to them when they were still in this world of deeds and actions, so some of its breezes and fragrance came to them, which made them devote their energy to seeking it and competing in attaining it. End quote.

Al-Waabil al-Sayyib (p. 110).

Islam Q&A

Malaikah
12-25-2006, 08:31 AM
A list of brief Islamic sayings for sending to one’s friends

Question:
On a daily basis I send out short enlightening phrases/verses from hadeeth to my friends via SMS (text message) to their cellular phones. I am in search of short phrases/quotes/verses which are islamic. Could you please send me a list or refer me to a website where I can find some. My friends have become accostomed to recieving their daily quote..etc and I have noticed that these quotes have had a positive influence on them and would like to continue doing this. Your response to my request will be appreciated

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

May Allaah reward you for your great efforts to call your brothers to Allaah and advise and remind them by means of these brief Islamic quotations. There follows a list of some wise sayings and general rules, taken from the Qur’aan, Sunnah and words of Muslim wise men. Translations of the meanings of quotations from the Qur’aan appear in italics, quotations from saheeh ahaadeeth appear in quotation marks (“”) and other quotations appear without any such marks.

And whenever you give your word, say the truth [al-An’aam 6:152]

And seek help in patience and prayer [al-Baqarah 2:45]

And speak good to people [al-Baqarah 2:83]

And fulfil the Covenant of Allaah when you have covenanted [al-Nahl 16:91]

Verily! Allaah commands that you should render back the trusts to those to whom they are due [al-Nisa’ 4:58]

And let not your hand be tied (like a miser) to your neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach (like a spendthrift) [al-Isra’ 17:29]

Eat and drink, but waste not by extravagance [al-A’raaf 7:31]

And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best provision is al-taqwa (piety, righteousness) [al-Baqarah 2:197]

And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) [al-Talaaq 65:2]

And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him [al-Talaaq 65:3]

He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah [al-Nisa’ 4:80]

By no means shall you attain al-birr (righteousness) until you spend (in Allaah’s cause) of that which you love [Aal ‘Imraan 3:92]

Allaah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of Affairs (for us) [Aal ‘Imraan 3:171]

And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance [al-Isra’ 17:37]

And turn not your face away from men with pride [Luqmaan 31:18]

And be moderate (or show no arrogance) in your walking, and lower your voice [Luqmaan 31:19]

And give not a thing in order to have more (or consider not your deeds of obedience to Allaah as a favour to Allaah) [al-Muddaththir 74:6]

“Pay attention to Allaah and He will pay attention to you.”

“If you feel no shame, then do as you wish.”

“Make sure your food is good (halaal and bought with halaal earnings), and you will be one whose prayers are answered.”

“Fear Allaah wherever you may be.”

“Follow up a bad deed with a good deed, to cancel it out.”

“Mix with people with a good attitude.”

“Keep away from prohibited things and you will be the best of worshippers.”

“Be content with what Allaah has given you, and you will be the richest of people.”

“Love for other people what you love for yourself.”

“Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.”

“Wrongdoing will be multiple darkness on the Day of Resurrection.”

“Fear Allaah and treat all your children fairly.”

“Fear the Fire, even if by giving half a date (in charity).”

“Fear the prayer of the oppressed.”

“The thing that weighs most heavily in the balance (of good deeds) is a good attitude.”

“Deliberation is from Allaah, haste is from Shaytaan.”

“The less your wealth, the less you will be called to account for.”

“Do not become angry, and Paradise will be yours.”

“The most beloved of deeds to Allaah is the one that is continuous, even if it is little.”

“The most beloved of places to Allaah are the mosques.”

“The most hated of places to Allaah are the marketplaces.”

“The most beloved of food to Allaah is that which is touched by many hands (i.e., shared among many people).”

“The most beloved of speech to Allaah is that a person should say, ‘Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih (Glory and praise be to Allaah)’.”

“The most beloved of people to Allaah is the one who is most helpful.”

“The most beloved deed to Allaah is making a Muslim happy.”

“Whoever restrains his anger, Allaah will conceal his faults.”

“A bad attitude spoils a good deed just as vinegar spoils honey.”

“The most beloved of people to Allaah are those who have the best attitudes.”

“Beware of this world, for it is sweet and tempting.”

“Control your tongue.”

“Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.”

“Give back the things you have been entrusted with to the person who entrusted them to you.”

“Do not betray the one who betrays you.”

“Pray to Allaah and be confident of a response.”

“Cheer people up, do not put them off.”

“Make things easy for people, not difficult.”

“Eat with your right hand and eat from what is in front of you.”

“If Allaah gives you wealth, let the blessing of Allaah be seen on you.”

“If someone who is distinguished among his own people comes to you, then honour him.”

“If one with whose religion and character you are pleased comes to you (to seek your daughter’s hand in marriage), then marry (your daughter) to him.”

“If Allaah wills good to the people of a household, He guides them to be gentle.”

“If you do something bad, follow it by doing something good.”

“If you feel uncomfortable about something, then leave it alone.”

“If you judge (between people), then judge fairly.”

“If you enter a house, greet the inhabitants with salaam.”

“If you are reminded of Allaah, stop what you are doing (of sin).”

“If Allaah sends you some provision without you looking forward to it or asking others for it, then take it.”

“If you ask Allaah for anything, then ask Him for al-Firdaws (the highest level of Paradise).”

“If your good deeds please you and your bad deeds upset you, then you are a mu’min (believer).”

“If you hear the call to prayer, then respond to the one who is calling you to Allaah.”

“If you hear the call to prayer, then say something like the muezzin says.”

“If any one of you becomes angry, let him keep silent.”

“If a man becomes angry and says ‘A’oodhu Billaah (I seek refuge with Allaah),’ his anger will cease.”

“If a man says ‘Ya seedi (sir)’ to a munaafiq (hypocrite), he earns the wrath of his Lord.”

“When you stand up to pray, pray as if it is your last prayer.”

“When you get dressed and when you do wudoo’, start on the right.”

“When any one of you meets his brother, let him greet him with salaam.”

“Remember death when you are praying.”

“Show mercy towards those who are on earth so that the One Who is in heaven will show mercy to you.”

“Renounce pleasure in worldly things and Allaah will love you.”

“Show disinterest in what people have and people will love you.”

“Feel properly shy and modest before Allaah.”

Protect “the head and what does through it (thoughts and ideas).”

Protect “the stomach and what goes into it.”

“Seek help in whatever you do by being discreet.”

“Everyone who is given a blessing will be envied.”

“No one can keep their wudoo’ except a believer.”

“The worst thief among people is the one who steals from his prayer, by not doing rukoo’ and sujood properly.”

“Intercede and you will be rewarded.”

“The most grateful of people to Allaah are those who are most grateful to other people.”

The trouble with beauty is feelings of superiority.

The trouble with generosity is extravagance.

The trouble with noble descent is pride.

The trouble with knowledge is forgetfulness.

“Give to the one who denied you.”

“Uphold ties with the one who cuts you off.”

“Forgive the one who does you wrong.”

May Allaah have mercy on the person who said “Good” and was rewarded or who remained silent and was safe.

Wine is the key to all evil.

The one who is more daring in giving fatwas is more deserving of Hell.

Love the poor and mix with them.

It is better to err in forgiving than to err in punishment.

Do not judge between people when you are angry.

If you want to count the faults of anyone else, count your own faults instead.

If you commit a sin, say “Astaghfir-Allaah (I ask Allaah for forgiveness).”

If you are given a blessing, say, “Al-Hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah).”

If some disaster befalls you, say, “Innaa Lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji’oon (Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return).”

Seek rizq (provision) by giving charity

“Give food to others and speak good.”

“Seek a response to du’aa’s when the iqaamah for prayer is given and when rain is falling.”

The people with the longest necks on the Day of Resurrection will be the muezzins.

“Worship Allaah as if you see Him.”

“The most helpless of people are those who cannot make du’aa’.”

“The most miserly of people are those who are stingy with their salaams (i.e., do not greet others).”

“Pay the hired worker his wages before his sweat dries.”

“Tie up (your camel) [i.e., take the necessary precautions], and put your trust in Allaah.”

“Make the most of your life before your death.”

Make the most of “your health before your sickness.”

Make the most of “your free time before you become busy.”

Make the most of “your wealth before you become poor.”

Make the most of “your youth before you become old.”

“The best of dhikr is ‘La ilaaha ill-Allaah.’”

“The best of sadaqah (charity) is that given by one who has little.”

“The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).”

The best of earnings is a good sale.

“The best of the believers is one who is best in attitude.”

“The best of the muhaajireen is the one who forsakes (hajara) that which Allaah has prohibited.”

“The best type of jihaad is the jihaad of the one who strives against his own self (jihaad al-nafs) for the sake of Allaah.”

“Read the Qur’aan throughout every month.”

“Read the Qur’aan, for it will come and intercede for its readers on the Day of Resurrection.”

“Pray for Allaah to keep you safe and sound.”

“Most of the sins committed by the son of Adam are sins of the tongue.”

“Repeat often ‘Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaah (there is no power or strength except with Allaah)’, for it is from the treasure of Paradise.”

“Always remember the destroyer of joy (physical pleasure): death.”

“Lower your gaze and guard your private parts.”

“There is no goodness in the one who is not friendly or likeable.”

“Stay with her (the mother), for Paradise is under her feet.”

“Keep saying ‘Yaa Dhaa’l-jalaali wa’l-ikraam (O Possessor of Glory and Honour)’” i.e., keep repeating it persistently.

“Islam cancels out what came before it (of sins).”

“Every bid’ah (innovation) is a going astray and every going astray will end in Hell.”

“Control your tongue, let your house be enough for you, and weep for your sins.”

“(Take care of) your mother, then your mother, then your mother, then your father, then other relatives in order of closeness.”

“Feed the poor and pat the head of the orphan (i.e., show compassion).”

“The one who points the way to good deeds is like the one who does them.”

This is a list of useful sayings and general rules, which we ask Allaah to make of benefit to people. When you have finished sending them out, if you would like more, just let us know so that we can compile some more. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=3007&ln=eng

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
12-25-2006, 08:34 AM

Click here to read online.

Click here to read this book online! :D

Read here: http://www.theholybook.org/en,
or download E-book from here:http://kalamullah.com/books.html

Malaikah
12-25-2006, 08:36 AM

Listen to the lecture: Click Here (Scroll down about 3/4 of the page)

Info: "In this audio lecture, Sheikh Muhammad AlShareef gives a detailed analysis of the Shaytan's plot to lead humanity astray and ultimately land them in Hellfire..."(Read More):thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Click Here to listen to lecture (scroll to bottom of page)

Info: "...Muhammad AlShareef expounds on the lessons we learn from the life of Prophet Eesa (AS). He begins with the story of Maryam,(AS) her virtues, the virgin birth as well as the trials she faced. Prophet Eesa’s(AS) compelling connection to us as the Ummah of Muhammad (SAW) is discussed, as well as his virtue of patience, wisdom, humility and the gratefulness to Allah (SWT). Muhammad Alshareef takes this opportunity to remind us that for every obstacle we face, we must remember lessons from the life of the prophets and see these obstacles as way to grow stronger in working for the sake of Allah(SWT)." :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

For heaps more great lectures, please visit the websites:
http://kalamullah.com/
http://www.harlowmasjid.org/downloads.html

For tafsir Ibn Kathir:
http://www.theholybook.org/en

Read more!

Curious girl2
12-28-2006, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
[CENTER]A list of brief Islamic sayings for sending to one’s friends

And whenever you give your word, say the truth [al-An’aam 6:152]

And seek help in patience and prayer [al-Baqarah 2:45]

And speak good to people [al-Baqarah 2:83]

................ snipped
Thanks for this post Cheese, those sayings are excellent.

Peace CG

Malaikah
12-29-2006, 01:38 AM
:sl:

no worries. :D

Malaikah
01-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Ruling on music, singing and dancing
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The view of the four Imaams is that all kinds of musical instruments are haraam. It was reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari and elsewhere that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that there would be among his ummah those who would allow zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments, and he said that they would be transformed into monkeys and pigs… None of the followers of the imaams mentioned any dispute concerning the matter of music. (al-Majmoo’, 11/576)

The exception to the above is the daff – without any rings (i.e., a hand-drum which looks like a tambourine, but without any rattles) – when used by women on Eids and at weddings. This is indicated by saheeh reports.

Conclusion:

Perhaps – for fair-minded and objective readers – this summary will make it clear that the view that music is permissible has no firm basis. There are no two views on this matter.

For heaps more information and the rest of the article, please see:
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=5000&ln=eng

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-04-2007, 11:48 AM
MashaAllah sis.:)

Malaikah
02-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Persisting in sin

Question:
What will happened to that person doing same sin again and again ?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

If a person commits sin time after time, his sin is forgiven every time if he follows his sin with repentance – if his repentance each time is sincere. The evidence that it is permissible to repent time after time is the fact that those who apostatized from Islam at the time of Abu Bakr were brought back to Islam by Abu Bakr and he accepted that from them, although he knew that they had been kaafirs, then they entered Islam, then they went back to kufr, then they came back to Islam. All the Sahaabah accepted their repentance despite the fact that what the apostates had done was worse than what a sinning Muslim does. So the repentance of a sinning Muslim, even if he sins repeatedly, is more likely to be accepted than repentance on the part of a kaafir time after time.

But what we are saying is subject to the condition that the first and subsequent cases of repentance be sincere and from the heart, not simply an outward show of repentance.

What we are saying should not be understood to mean that we are encouraging sin and that it may be committed time after time, and that the Muslim should take the mercy of Allaah and the fact that Allaah accepts repentance as an excuse to commit sin. No, our intention is to encourage the sinner to repent time after time. We want to put the mind of the Muslim who wants to come back to Allaah at rest, and tell him that the gate of mercy is open, and that Allaah’s forgiveness is greater than his sin, so he should not despair of the mercy of Allaah and he should keep turning to Him.

Al-Bukhaari (7507) and Muslim (2758) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that his Lord said: “My slave commits sin, then he says, ‘O Allaah, forgive me my sin.’ Then Allaah says, ‘My slave has committed a sin, but he knows that he has a Lord Who forgives sin and takes away sin. So I forgive My slave.’ Then he commits sin again, and says, ‘O Allaah, forgive me my sin.’ Then Allaah says, ‘My slave has committed a sin, but he knows that he has a Lord Who forgives sin and takes away sin. So I forgive My slave.’ Then he commits sin again, and says, ‘O Allaah, forgive me my sin.’ Then Allaah says, ‘My slave has committed a sin, but he knows that he has a Lord Who forgives sin and takes away sin. So I forgive My slave.’ …”

Al-Haafiz Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali said:

Ibn Abi Dunya narrated with his isnaad that ‘Ali said: “The best of you is every tempted one who repents (i.e., every time he is tempted by this world, he repents).” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “For how long?” He said, “Until the Shaytaan is defeated.”

Ibn Maajah narrated a marfoo’ report from Ibn Mas’ood which says: “The one who repents from sin is like the one who did not commit sin.” (Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 3427).

It was said to al-Hasan: Shouldn’t one of us feel too shy to ask his Lord to forgive his sin, then do it again, then ask for forgiveness, then do it again? He said: The Shaytaan wishes that you would have this attitude, so do not tire of asking for forgiveness.

And it was narrated that he said: I do not think this is anything other than the attitude of the believers, i.e., every time a believer sins, he repents.

‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez said in his khutbah: O people, whoever commits sin, let him seek the forgiveness of Allah and repent. If he does it again, let him seek the forgiveness of Allah and repent, and if he does it again, let him seek the forgiveness of Allah and repent. For it is sin which hangs around a person’s neck, and doom comes from persisting in sin.

What this means is that a person will inevitably commit the sins that it is decreed he will commit, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every son of Adam has his share of zina (adultery) written for him, and that will inevitably catch up with him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2657).

But Allaah has given people a way out from the sins they commit and sin is erased by repentance and seeking forgiveness. If they do that then they will get rid of the evil of sin, but if they persist in sin, then they will be doomed.

Jaami’ al-‘Uloom wa’l-Hakam, 1/164-165.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Malaikah
02-11-2007, 07:31 AM
What are the signs of Allaah’s love for His slave?

Question:
What are the signs of Allaah’s love for His slave?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

You have asked about a serious and weighty matter, which none attain but very few of the righteous slaves of Allaah.

The love of Allaah is “the status for which the righteous compete and strive… It is the nourishment of hearts and souls… the delight of the eyes… It is the life of which one who is denied it is dead… the light which the one who loses it is in deep darkness… the healing of which the one who is denied is sick… the joy which the one who is deprived of it lives in distress and pain…

It is the spirit of faith and good deeds… by means of which one may draw closer to Allaah… which, when it is absent, one is like a body in which there is no soul.”

O Allaah, make us among those whom You love.

The love of Allaah has signs and causes which are like the key to the door. These causes include the following:

1 –Following the guidance of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says in His Holy Book (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad to mankind): If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur’aan and the Sunnah), Allaah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:31]

2-5 – Being humble towards the believers and stern towards the kaafirs, waging jihad for the sake of Allaah, and not fearing anyone or anything but Him. Allaah has mentioned these qualities in a single verse, in which He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islam), Allaah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the way of Allaah, and never fear of the blame of the blamers”

[al-Maa'idah 5:54]

In this verse Allaah describes the attributes of those whom He loves, the first of which is: humility and not being arrogant towards the Muslims, and being stern towards the kaafirs, and not humbling or humiliating oneself before them. They (the ones whom Allaah loves) strive for the sake of Allaah, against the Shaytaan, the kuffaar, the hypocrites and the evildoers, and they strive against their own selves (jihad al-nafs). They do not fear the blame of any blamer, because so long as they are following the commands of their religion, he will not care about anyone who mocks him or blames him.

6 – Doing naafil (supererogatory) acts of worship. Allaah says – according to a hadeeth qudsi – “My slave keeps drawing near to me by means of supererogatory acts of worship until I love Him.” Supererogatory acts of worship include naafil prayers, charity, ‘Umrah, Hajj and fasting.

8-12 – Loving, visiting one another, helping one another (financially) and offering sincere advice to one another for the sake of Allaah.

These attributes were mentioned in a single hadeeth in which the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) narrated that his Lord said: “My love is guaranteed for two who love one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who visit one another for My sake; My love is guaranteed for two who help one another (financially) for My sake; My love is guaranteed to two who uphold ties with one another for My sake.”

Narrated by Ahmad, 4/236 and 5/236; al-Tanaasuh by Ibn Hibbaan, 3/338; the two ahaadeeth were classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 3019, 3020, 3021.

What is meant by “two who visit one another for My sake” is that they only visit one another for the sake of Allaah, seeking thereby His pleasure for their loving one another for His sake or cooperating in worshipping Him.

From al-Muntaqa Sharh al-Muwatta’, hadeeth 1779.

13 – Being tested. Calamities and disasters are a test for a person, and this is a sign that Allaah loves him, because this is like medicine: even though it is bitter, but still you offer the medicine, despite its bitterness, to the one whom you love; and Allaah’s is the highest description. According to a saheeh hadeeth: “The greatest reward comes from the greatest trial. When Allaah loves people, He tests them, and whoever accepts it gains the pleasure of Allaah and whoever complains earns His wrath.

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396; Ibn Maajah, 4031; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani.

For calamities to befall the believer is better than punishments being stored up for him in the Hereafter. How can it be otherwise when he is raised in status and his bad deeds are erased thereby? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens his punishment in this world, and when He wills bad for His slave, He withholds his sins until he comes with them on the Day of Resurrection.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

The scholars have explained that the one from whom calamities and trials are withheld is the hypocrite, for Allaah withholds [his punishment] in this world, so as to bring him with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.

O Allaah, make us among those whom You love.

If Allaah loves you, do not ask about the good that you will attain and the virtue that you will acquire… it is sufficient for you to know that you are beloved of Allaah. The great fruits of the love of Allaah for His slave are as follows:

1 – People will love him and he will be accepted on earth, as it says in the hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (3209): “When Allaah loves a slave, He says to Jibreel, 'I love so-and-so, so love him,' so Jibreel loves him and then calls out to the people of heaven, 'Allaah loves so-and-so, so love him,' and the people of heaven love him, and then acceptance is placed in the Earth for him."

2 – What Allaah has mentioned in the hadeeth qudsi of the great virtues of those whom He loves. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6502.

This hadeeth qudsi includes a number of benefits of Allaah’s love for His slave:

(i) “I am his hearing with which he hears” i.e., he does not listen to anything but that which Allaah loves.

(ii) “his seeing with which he sees” i.e., he does not see anything but that which Allaah loves.

(iii) “his hand with which he strikes” i.e., he does not do anything with his hand but that which Allaah loves.

(iv) “and his foot with which he walks” i.e., he does not go towards anything but that which Allaah loves.

(v) “Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him” i.e., his du’aa’s are heard and his requests are granted.

(vi) “and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it” i.e., he is protected by Allaah from all things…

We ask Allaah to help us to please Him.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

bint-ul-islam
02-11-2007, 10:32 AM
good stuff MashAllah!!

Pk_#2
02-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Awww das soo cute, :D jazakAllah khair :)

islamway
02-11-2007, 11:06 AM
subhanallah:smile:

Malaikah
02-11-2007, 11:09 AM

Malaikah
02-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Really good Quran recitation by young Somalian kids- Mashaallah! :D Click here.

Naheezah
02-11-2007, 11:54 AM
mashaAllah ukhteey!keep up da gud work! jazaakhAllah Khair!:)

Malaikah
02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
25. But as for him who will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "I wish that I had not been given my Record!

26. "And that I had never known, how my Account is?

27. "I wish, would that it had been my end (death)!

28. "My wealth has not availed me,

29. "My power and arguments (to defend myself) have gone from me!"

30. (It will be said): "Seize him and fetter him,

31. Then throw him in the blazing Fire.

32. "Then fasten him with a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits!"

33. Verily, He used not to believe in Allâh, the Most Great,

34. And urged not on the feeding of Al*Miskîn (the poor)

35. So no friend has he here this Day,

36. Nor any food except filth from the washing of wounds,

37. None will eat except the Khâti'ûn (sinners, disbelievers, polytheists, etc.).
Surat al-haqqah (69)

:uuh:

Listen to Surat al-Haqqah by Ibrahim Al-Jibreen

Complete translation, click here.

Malaikah
02-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Some verses...

35. Shall We then treat the (submitting) Muslims like the Mujrimûn (criminals, polytheists and disbelievers, etc.)? 36. What is the matter with you? How judge you?

[Chapter 68]

28. Shall We treat those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, as Mufsidûn (those who associate partners in worship with Allâh and commit crimes) on earth? Or shall We treat the Muttaqûn (pious - see V.2:2), as the Fujjâr (criminals, disbelievers, wicked, etc)?

[Chapter 38]

21. Or do those who earn evil deeds think that We shall hold them equal with those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, in their present life and after their death? Worst is the judgement that they make.

[Chapter 45]

58. And not equal are the blind and those who see, nor are (equal) those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism), and do righteous good deeds, and those who do evil. Little do you remember!

[Chapter 50]

Malaikah
02-14-2007, 02:44 AM
'Behold! In these things there are signs for people who believe'.
(Qur'an 6:99).

'Thus do We explain the Signs in detail for those who reflect'.
(Qur'an 10:44).

'He makes His Signs clear to mankind, that they may celebrate His praise'.
(Qur'an 2:221).

'We have detailed the signs for those who receive admonition'.
(Qur'an 6:126).

'And how many Signs (for God's existence) in the heavens and the earth do they pass by? Yet they turn their faces away from them!'

(Qur'an 12:105).

'Allah created the heavens and the earth in true proportions. Verily in that is a Sign for those who believe'.

(Qur'an 29:44).

'It is He Who has created for you hearing, sight, feeling and understanding. Little thanks it is ye give!'

(Qur'an 23:78).

'He Who created the seven heavens one above another. No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of the Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again. Seest thou any flaw? Again turn thy vision a second time. Thy vision will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state worn out'.

(Qur'an 67:3 and 4).

'We will soon show them Our signs in the Universe and in their own souls, until it will become quite clear to them that it is the truth. Is it not sufficient as regards your Lord that He is a witness over all things?'

(Qur'an 41:53).

'On the earth are signs for those of assured faith, and also in yourselves. Can ye then not see?'

(Qur'an 51:20 and 21).
Collected from:http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...od-exists.html

Malaikah
02-14-2007, 02:45 AM
68. And those who invoke not any other ilâh (god) along with Allâh, nor kill such life as Allâh has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islâmic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allâh will change their sins into good deeds, and Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Chapter 25

learningislam
02-15-2007, 07:21 PM
:salamext:

mashaAllah .......this thread is awesome.
JazakAllah khair sis cheese for all the effort you have put in and for sharing it with us. Shukran alot :D

:wasalamex

Malaikah
02-16-2007, 12:25 AM

Wa iyyakum, it is my pleasure! :)

Malaikah
04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Musaylimah Al-Kadhdhab (the liar)
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...dhab-liar.html

Some of you might have heard of Musaylimah Al-Kadhdhab (Musaylimah the liar), a man who claimed to be a Prophet himself during the Prophet's (pbuh) time.

Well, here is an example of his 'Quran' which he made up, is this hilarious or what.:D

They have mentioned that `Amr bin Al-`As went to visit Musaylimah Al-Kadhdhab after the Messenger of Allah was commissioned (as a Prophet) and before `Amr had accepted Islam. Upon his arrival, Musaylimah said to him,

"What has been revealed to your friend (Muhammad ) during this time''

`Amr said, "A short and concise Surah has been revealed to him.''

Musaylimah then said, "What is it'' `Amr replied;

﴿وَالْعَصْرِ - إِنَّ الإِنسَـنَ لَفِى خُسْرٍ - إِلاَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّـلِحَـتِ وَتَوَاصَوْاْ بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْاْ بِالصَّبْرِ ﴾

(By Al-`Asr. Verily, man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience.)

So Musaylimah thought for a while. Then he said, "Indeed something similar has also been revealed to me.''

`Amr asked him, "What is it''

He replied, "O Wabr (a small, furry mammal; hyrax), O Wabr! You are only two ears and a chest, and the rest of you is digging and burrowing.''

Then he said, "What do you think, O `Amr''

So `Amr said to him, "By Allah! Verily, you know that I know you are lying.''

The Wabr is a small animal that resembles a cat, and the largest thing on it is its ears and its torso, while the rest of it is ugly. Musaylimah intended by the composition of these nonsensical verses to produce something which would oppose the Qur'an. Yet, it was not even convincing to the idol worshipper of that time.

(From Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Surat al-Asr)

Maimunah
04-05-2007, 10:26 PM

jazakaAllah khayr sis

:w:

FatimaAsSideqah
04-05-2007, 10:35 PM

MashAllah!! JakahAllah Khair Sister of Islam!

May Allah Ta'ala reward on you for this!!

:w:

Sister of Islam

Malaikah
04-06-2007, 01:31 AM

Wa iyyakum! :)

chacha_jalebi
04-06-2007, 04:13 AM
salaam

top thread sis:D keep it up

Malaikah
04-14-2007, 05:52 AM

Ibraheem Al-Jibreen, Surat 'Abasa :thumbs_up

ABWAN
04-14-2007, 06:04 AM
The link http://kalamullah.com/books.html didnt work. The other one holybook.org also didnt work. Can you provide some other link where I could download the whole Tafsir of Ibn Kathir?

Malaikah
04-14-2007, 07:59 AM

I don't know why the first link didn't work, but the second link should work when the website is back up inshaallah, it is down for the moment...

Sorry about that, I don't know where else you can get it from.

Malaikah
04-27-2007, 09:30 AM

Great hadith

It was related on the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter.

Whosoever alleviates the difficulties of a needy person who cannot pay his debt, Allah will alleviate his difficulties in both this world and the Hereafter.

Whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter.

Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother.

Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise.

No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, except that tranquility descends upon them, mercy covers them, the angels surround them, and Allah makes mention of them amongst those who are in His presence.

Whosoever is slowed down by his deeds will not be hastened forward by his lineage."

[Saheeh Muslim]

lolwatever
04-27-2007, 10:15 AM
^ dat was 2days khutbah's topic. really good mash.
salams

Malaikah
05-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Biological Evolution – An Islamic Perspective

Prepared by the Research Committee of IslamToday.net under the supervision of Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

Many Muslims wonder about the theory of biological evolution – the theory that living species on Earth today are descended from others in the past, and that the present diversity of living species we see is a result of descent with modification over the course of numerous generations.

Muslims also wonder about one of the main processes that evolutionary theory proposes to explain how evolution takes place – the process of natural selection. This is the idea that the individuals within a populations of living organism vary in their individual traits – they are not exactly alike – and that the organisms which are most successful at leaving descendants will pass on their unique traits to the next generation at the expense of the traits possessed by less successful organisms in the population, thereby contributing to a long-term gradual change in the suite of traits found within the population.

To start with, it is not our intention in this article to discuss the scientific implications of evolutionary theory. We wish to explore the issue from the perspective of Islamic teachings.

We as Muslims must ask:

Does the theory of evolution – and likewise the theory of natural selection as a mechanism of evolution – conform to Islamic teachings or conflict with them?

Is a Muslim allowed to believe in evolution as a scientific theory as long as he or she accepts that Allah is behind it?

Is a Muslim allowed to believe in human evolution? If not, how can we explain the fossils of upright, bipedal, tool-using apes with large brains that have been discovered?
We wish to re-emphasize that our concern here is not with examining the scientific merits of the theory of evolution. What we want to know is what Islamic teachings have to say about the idea. Whether evolution is true or false scientifically is another matter altogether.

When we look at the sources of Islam – the Qur’ân and Sunnah – we see that, with respect to human beings living on the Earth today, they are all descendants of Adam and Eve.

Allah also says: “O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is the one who is the most God-fearing.” [Sûrah al-Hujûrât:13]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) identified the "male" mentioned in this verse as being Adam. He said: “Human beings are the children of Adam and Adam was created from Earth. Allah says: ‘O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is the one who is the most God-fearing’.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (3270)]

We also see that Allah created Adam directly without the agency of parents.

Allah says: “The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: ‘Be’ and he was.” [Sûrah Âl `Imrân: 59]

We also know that Eve was created from Adam without the agency of parents.

In the Qur’ân, Allah states clearly: “O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women.” [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 1]

Therefore, the Qur’ân tells us that Adam and his wife were the father and mother of all human beings living on the Earth today. We know about this by way of direct revelation from Allah.

The direct creation of Adam (peace be upon him) can neither be confirmed nor denied by science in any way. This is because the creation of Adam (peace be upon him) was a unique and singular historical event. It is a matter of the Unseen and something that science does not have the power to confirm or deny. As a matter of the Unseen, we believe it because Allah informs us about it. We say the same for the miracles mentioned in the Qur’ân. Miraculous events, by their very nature, do not conform to scientific laws and their occurrence can neither be confirmed nor denied by science.

What about other living things, besides the human beings living on the Earth today? What about plants, animals, fungi, and the like?

When we turn our attention to this question, we find that the Qur’ân and Sunnah do not tell us much about the flora and fauna that was present on the Earth before or at the time of Adam and Eve’s arrived upon it. The sacred texts also do not tell us how long ago Adam and Eve arrived upon the Earth. Therefore, these are things we cannot ascertain from the sacred texts.

The only thing that the Qur’ân and Sunnah require us to believe about the living things on Earth today is that Allah created them in whatever manner He decided to create them.

Allah says: “Allah is the Creator of all things and over all things He has authority.” [Sûrah al-Zumar: 62]

Indeed, Allah states specifically that He created all life forms: “And We made from water all living things.” [Sûrah al-Anbiyâ’: 30]

We know that “Allah does what He pleases.” Allah can create His creatures in any manner that He chooses.

Therefore, with respect to other living things, the Qur’ân and Sunnah neither confirm nor deny the theory of biological evolution or the process referred to as natural selection. The question of evolution remains purely a matter of scientific enquiry. The theory of evolution must stand or fall on its own scientific merits – and that means the physical evidence that either confirms the theory or conflicts with it.

The role of science is only to observe and describe the patterns that Allah places in His creation. If scientific observation shows a pattern in the evolution of species over time that can be described as natural selection, this is not in itself unbelief. It is only unbelief for a person to think that this evolution took place on its own, and not as a creation of Allah. A Muslim who accepts evolution or natural selection as a valid scientific theory must know that the theory is merely an explanation of one of the many observed patterns in Allah’s creation.

As for the fossil remains of bipedal apes and the tools and artifacts associated with those remains, their existence poses no problem for Islamic teachings. There is nothing in the Qur’ân and Sunnah that either affirms or denies that upright, brainy, tool using apes ever existed or evolved from other apelike ancestors. Such animals may very well have existed on Earth before Adam’s arrival upon it. All we can draw from the Qur’ân and Sunnah is that even if those animals once existed, they were not the forefathers of Adam (peace be upon him).

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cf...sub_cat_id=792

Malaikah
05-05-2007, 10:44 AM
POLITENESS of the Messenger of God, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him!:statisfie)

Now let us discuss the various aspects of his life one by one and see why it is said that he was a perfect man. Muhammed (peace be upon him) was very polite and good-mannered. His wife, A'isha, and many of his companions, including Anas and Ali (radiallahu 'anhum), reported that he was good-tempered, good-mannered and very polite to all. He was always happy and smiling and his face always had a bright and cheerful look. Abu Ishaaq reported that Al-Bara was asked whether the face of Muhammed (peace be upon him) was as bright as a sword. He replied, "No, but as bright as the moon." And Abdullah bin Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that Muhammed (peae and blessings be upon him) never used bad language, neither habitually nor artificially. He used to say, "The best among you are those who have the best character." He also said that politeness, which seems very light here, will weigh very heavy in goodness on the Day of Judgement. Jabir ibn Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) said that Muhammed (peace be upon him) always welcomed him into his presence after his conversion to Islam and always greeted him with a smile. Abdullah bin Harith (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that he had never seen a more polite man than Muhammed (peace be upon him). It was normal practice for Muhammed (peace be upon him) to greet and salute first whenever he met anyone. If anyone wanted to talk to him in confidence, he never fumed away from him until he himself moved away. In the same way, whenever he shook hands with anyone, he never let go of the other's hand until that person took his hand away. When he sat in the company of his companions, he sat with them without occupying any distinctive position. It often happened that foreign deputations and other people coming to Medinah could not recognise Muhammed (peace be upon him) in the Mosque while he was sitting with his companions (may Allah be pleased with them).

Once he received some envoys from the ruler of Abyssinia and he kept them with him as his own guests. He served them and arranged all the necessary things for them himself as their host during their stay with him. His companions requested that they would like to serve them but he replied that they had served his friends, therefore, he must himself serve them. Uthman bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him), who had fought in the battle of Badr, felt that his eyesight was weakening, so he went to Muhammed (peace be upon him) and requested him to go to his house and offer prayer, so that he could make it a place of worship. Next day Muhammed (peace be upon him), with Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him), went to his house early in the morning and offered two rakat prayers in his house.'

Once Muhammed (peace be upon him) was riding on a camel through a narrow pass in the mountains along with Uqbah bin Amir. After some time, he asked Uqbah to have his turn on the camel, but the latter thought it improper to ride himself and let God's Messenger (peace be upon him) walk on foot. But Muhammed (peace be upon him) got off the camel and forced him to ride.

Anas reported, "One day God's Messenger (peace be upon him) sent me to do something, and I said, 'I swear by God that I will not go.' But in my heart I felt that I should go to do what God's Messenger (peace be upon him) had commanded me, so I went out and came upon some boys who were playing in the street. All of a sudden God's Messenger (peace be upon him), who had come up behind me, caught me by the back of my neck. When I looked at him he was laughing and said, 'Did you go where I ordered you, little Anas?' I replied, 'Yes, I am on my way, Messenger of God.' He laughed and did not say anything to me." He also reported that one of the child maidservants belonging to the people of Medinah would hold God's Messenger (peace be upon him) by the hand and take him where she wished and he never refused to go with her or asked her anything.

Ali reported that God's Messenger (peace be upon him) owed some diners to a certain Jewish doctor, who demanded payment from the Prophet (peace be upon him). When he told him, "I have nothing to give you," the Jew replied, "I will not leave you, Muhammed, until you pay me." God's Messenger said, "I shall sit with you, then," and did so. God's Messenger (peace be upon him) prayed at noon, in the afternoon, at sunset, at night and the following morning with the Jew. His companions were threatening and menacing the man while God's Messenger (peace be upon him) was aware of what they were doing. Then they said, "O God's Messenger (peace be upon him), is this Jew keeping you in bondage?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied, "My Lord has prevented me from doing wrong to one with whom a covenant has been made." Then after some time when the sun rose high in the sky, the Jew said, "I testify that there is no diety but God, and I testify that you are God's Messenger (peace be upon him). Half of my property will be devoted to God's cause. I swear by God that my only purpose in treating you as I have done was that I might discover the description of you given in the Torah: Muhammed bin Abdullah, whose birthplace is Makkah, whose place of emigration is in Taiba and whose kingdom is in Syria. He is not harsh or rough or loud-voiced in the streets, he is not characterised by coarseness of obscene speech."

Once teh prophet (peace be upon him) borrowed forty sa` (standard measuring weight for cereals, etc.) from a man who later became destitute and came to Muhammed (peace be upon him) to ask for the return of the loan. He replied that he had nothing with which to repay the loan. That man wanted to say something, when Muhammed said, "Say nothing but good because I am the best of borrowers in the matter of repayment of loans." Then he paid him eighty sa`, forty in return for his loan and forty extra as a gesture of goodwill.

Once he bought a camel. After some time, the vendor came and demanded the price from him in very harsh words. His companions wanted to take him to task him but Muhammed (peace be upon him) told them to leave him alone because the lender had the right to demand his money. Once another lender very harshly demanded his money from him and Umar ibn Khattab wanted to take him to task, but he said, "O Umar, stop for it was more appropriate that you should have asked me to repay the loan and asked him to be patient.''!

No one who sat in his company ever felt that he was rude to him or that he ignored him. By his word or deed he never offended or humiliated anyone. No-one ever heard anything bad from him; nor did he ever speak or like bad language. He never turned his face from anyone nor did he deprive anyone of politeness. Everyone sitting in his company felt that he was being treated with the utmost respect and honour. Whenever anyone went to him for any of his needs and he could not fulfil it, he never asked him to leave but advised him in such a polite manner that he often felt relief from his troubles. He once said that every good deed was a charity and it was a good deed to meet your fellow-beings with politeness. And he said, "The best among you is the one who is best in character and morals."Once he said that there were high residential places in Paradise, whose interior was visible from outside and its exterior from inside. On hearing this one Bedouin enquired whom these buildings were for? Muhammed (peace be upon him) replied that they were for those who spoke with politeness and gentleness.

Many of his companions, including Ibn Umar, Abu Harairah and Abu Darda (may Allah be pleased with them), reported from him that nothing would weigh heavier in the Scales in favor of a believer on the Day of Judgement than politeness, because God does not like impolite and impertinent people. It is also reported that a polite man attains the grade of those who establish prayer and keep the fast because of his good conduct. Once the Noble Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked what deeds would take people to Paradise. He replied, "Fear of God and politeness (good conduct)." Abu Darda (may Allah be pleased with him) reported from him that whoever was given a share of politeness was, in fact, given a share of goodness; and whoever was deprived of a share of politeness was, in fact, deprived of goodness. It is reported by Jabir that God's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "The people from among you who are dear to me and will sit close to me on the Day of Judgement are those who have good manners and are polite. And the people among you whom I dislike and will be far removed from me on the Day of Judgement are those who are impertinent and impolite to people."

Once a Jew came to him and out of mischief, greeted him by saying "As-sam Alaikum" (death to you) instead of As-salam Alaikum (peace be on you). A'isha with anger, gave a harsh reply. But he stopped her and said, "A'isha! Don’t use harsh words; be polite; God loves mildness in everything."

In short, Muhammed (peace be upon him) was a perfect model of politeness, fine manners and decency, which he taught through his practical example to the rugged, rough and illiterate people of the desert who, as a result, became the teachers and leaders of the world. His behaviour towards people, men or women, rich or poor, adult or child, was the same. He spoke to all with civility and politeness and taught others the same through his personal example. The Qur'aan mentions this quality of Muhammed (peace be upon him) in these words,

"It is by the Mercy of God that you deal gently with them, for if you were severe or fierce of heart, they would have dispersed from you." [Qur'aan 3:159]

The extremely gentle nature of Muhammed (peace be upon him), which endeared him to all, is mentioned in the above-quoted verse, as a "Mercy of God". It was this quality of Muhammed(peace be upon him) that bound the souls of countless men to him and won support and admiration for him even from his most staunch and deadly enemies.

http://islamtoday.com/show_prophet_s...&sub_cat_id=66

Malaikah
05-20-2007, 04:18 AM
A little bit about the Messenger of God (Muhammad, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)

"Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger from amongst yourselves. It grieves him that you should receive any difficulty. He is anxious over you, for the believers full of compassion, kindness, and mercy."

[At-Tawbah:128]

AlHasan alBasri said: I heard once that a tree cried from missing the Prophet. Are not then, a people who say that they love the Prophet, more worthy of crying from missing him?

And Anas radiallahu anhu used to say: "Wallahi I see the Prophet in my dreams every night... Except the odd nights." Then he would fall down crying begging Allah to allow him to see his beloved even on the odd nights.

http://www.alkauthar.org/content.asp...=Our%20Courses

Malaikah
05-20-2007, 04:22 AM

Malaikah
06-19-2007, 01:20 PM

Ayat-ul-kursi - Al-Afasy

Malaikah
06-19-2007, 01:21 PM

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Salamualikum.
This is sick mashallah keep it up :)
ma'assalama

psst, that flower would been nice if it was in pink :X

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.