/* */

PDA

View Full Version : loophole with anon

lolwatever
12-25-2006, 11:10 AM
salamz

dere's this thing someoen just noticed... i think i'll take the credit :hiding:

erm when u click on user profile u can c that someone posted an anon post if it was tehir last post... maybe admins can take a look in2 that n c if dere's a patch issued by vB for it?

jazaks :D

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
12-25-2006, 11:13 AM
:sl:

I noticed it, and you didn't explain it properly either.:rollseyes

Let's say lolwatever started a thread as anon (not using the anon account but his own account) and his last post was as anon. Then if I click his username and view his profile it will show that his last post was in that thread, then if you click the thread name it takes you straight to his post, which was posted as anon!

And then the privacy is lost. :X

The Ruler
12-25-2006, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
so, better sign in wid the "ANONYMOUS" a/c ?

but that's too much work...log off, log in as anon...and then again log off, log in to post as you...and then again log off..and log in as anon to answer ay questns...then again log off...and log in as you...that's a tiring journey *phew*

The Ruler
12-25-2006, 04:06 PM
then better, make another post, as soon as u post as anon gender.
good idea...for the first time in...hmmm...how long?...i forget

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
12-25-2006, 11:00 PM
I can't spell anonymous so I just stick with my own name. At least I have that written down in front of me so I don't forget it, too often.

aamirsaab
12-25-2006, 11:14 PM
There's also another loophole with the anon account - it can be abused heavily and not be punished.

lolwatever
12-26-2006, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I can't spell anonymous so I just stick with my own name. At least I have that written down in front of me so I don't forget it, too often.
:lol:

Malaikah
12-26-2006, 01:11 AM

Me too. :hiding: I had to go to the thread that gives the user name and password and copy the user name from there.:rollseyes

Anyway, shouldn't there be a warning about this loophole? I mean seriously... the number of times I've accidentally busted people posting as anon, its not funny. :X

lolwatever
12-26-2006, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Me too. :hiding: I had to go to the thread that gives the user name and password and copy the user name from there.:rollseyes

Anyway, shouldn't there be a warning about this loophole? I mean seriously... the number of times I've accidentally busted people posting as anon, its not funny. :X
how can u 'accidently' bust ppl :offended:

Malaikah
12-26-2006, 01:41 AM

Why not? Look at someone's profile, click on their last post not knowing it was as anon, discover it was as anon, then just go "woops". :X

syilla
12-26-2006, 01:41 AM

I can't pretend to be anonymous...i'm not good at it. I think ppl would know that it is me. :-[

lolwatever
12-26-2006, 01:42 AM

Actually mods.. just leave the loophole active with zAkiyyah... its really useful 2 identify zAk's anon posts labelling others gurls in the bro section:happy:

i managed 2 bust one already :statisfie

aamirsaab
12-26-2006, 12:05 PM
not really.
I meant that you can perform certain punishable offences that would be worthy of say a banning under anon account and not get banned.

Malaikah
12-26-2006, 12:06 PM

^I thought they can track the IP address of the anon if they misbehaved or something?:?

al_faaris574
12-26-2006, 12:07 PM

But even then, not everyones IP addresses are Unique, a lot of people will share IP addresses, i.e. if they're living in the same area.

Malaikah
12-26-2006, 12:26 PM
^Do you mean if they share a computer?:?

Tania
12-26-2006, 03:34 PM
I saw the IP addresses of the school computers and in the end they are different. When we log in the site, this computers ip appears or our net company address :?

waji
12-26-2006, 04:02 PM

remember every computer connected to internet always have a unique IP address

Eric H
12-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Greetings and peace to all the anons, and not so anons;

I have found the anons in the cyber counselling forum confusing. It is sometimes difficult to know who or what you are replying to when there are two or three different anons in the same thread.

I would prefer it if no one called themselves anon. They could still be anonymous if they called themselves, ‘George’ ‘bush’ ‘shrub’ or ‘tree’

Unless of course they where the real George Shrub :D

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.