/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lying Brother

Panatella
12-27-2006, 09:37 PM
What do we do if we know that a brother is lying to other brothers and sisters, and keeps lying even after we ask them not to?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-27-2006, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella
What do we do if we know that a brother is lying to other brothers and sisters, and keeps lying even after we ask them not to?
It is a difficult task.

There are many reasons people lie. Some lie to look good. Some lie to avoid punishment. Some are not lieing but have a serious misconception of things. Then there are habitual liers that often do not even realise they are lieing.

The best way to handle it is to state state factualy that you have a different version of what ever is said. No need for condemnation or accusations. Just state the true facts and do so without making it an emotional battle.

Panatella
12-27-2006, 10:15 PM
I have stated the true facts, but the brother just accused me of lying in return. It is frustrating because it seems that only he and myself know that he is lying. Isn't he afraid of being punished?

Woodrow
12-28-2006, 01:45 AM
I have stated the true facts, but the brother just accused me of lying in return. It is frustrating because it seems that only he and myself know that he is lying. Isn't he afraid of being punished?

He does not appear to have any fear of punishment. Either he believes he is telling the truth or he believes that he is exempt from punishment.

In either case it is doubtfull you can make any changes. The options are to either ignore what he says or cut off all connections with him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
12-28-2006, 08:56 AM
:sl:

Also to add to what uncle Woodrow said, make dua for this brother that Allah (swt) will forgive his sins, as much dua as you make for yourself. For "love for your brother what you love for yourself" and "follow up an evil deed by a good deed", as the hadiths say.

We all pray to be forgiven by Allah Almighty and that our sins will be hidden in the day of Judgment, so let's pray for that for our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters too, insha'Allah.

Takumi
12-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Whether he's afraid of being punished or not, is really not your concern. It's pretty obvious your effort has proven futile and the truth will not come out anytime soon.

If the truth in this case does not involve capital punishment by any state law or not a matter of life and death, I humbly suggest that you just leave the matter to Allah.

You tried and now it's time to move on. I'd stay away from him if I were you.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Kittygyal
12-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi warabarakathuhu
humm just do dua'ah Akhi for the brother inshallah of call thy cops :X
Ma'assalama

Silver Pearl
12-28-2006, 02:34 PM
:salamext:

Some important points have been highlighted above Mashallah. There is very little you can do actually brother, if the brother decides to lie for what ever reason then all you can do is advice him. If he fails to take heed then you have done your part and there is nothing more you can do other than making dua for him.

Ignore it and just hope the brother comes back to the haq.

So that this thread does not get out of hand the staff has decided to close the thread. If you feel you would require more help, feel free to seek advice from the staff members via PM system.

Jazakallah khayr

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.