/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question: Waswasa (Shaitan's Whispers)

Hijrah
12-31-2006, 11:27 PM
:sl:
serious problem I a mhaving, and I have gotten decent advice but at times I feel that I something crosses my mind that is so horrible, that it is tantamount to shirk, I'll give you an example of my situation, an inanimate object lies right in front of me, and even though my intention is entirely for Allaah, as I bow down I get this strange feeling that I am directing it to this particular object, however this is not my intention at all and then I try to direct it back to Allaah, however this keeps coming back, someone told me ignore this, it will go away, and salaat will be fulfilled, honestly that works, but some of the things I am thinking during salaat are so awful that I feel like an absolute mushrik after I'm done, no matter how much I repent, and no matter how much I try making my intention solely for Allaah, this is the way I feel, is there something I should know more and in all honesty, did this thing really put me in shirk, even it being a mere thought coming to my head? Is there anything else that can be done about it?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
12-31-2006, 11:45 PM
salaam

i know what you mean.. but check this..

"Evil whispers during prayer and at other times come from the Shaytaan, who is keen to misguide the Muslim and deprive him of good and keep it far away from him. One of the Sahaabah complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about waswaas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytaan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He [the Sahaabi] said, I did that and Allaah took him away from me.

(Narrated by Muslim, 2203)" islamiqa

hope it helps
wasalaam

- Qatada -
12-31-2006, 11:50 PM
:salamext:

Bro, its not sunnah to do this [because its sunnah to open the eyes and look at the place of prostration] but try closing your eyes and do it at a different place instead of where that thing is.

Also heres a top lecture where i just heard that point off:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...o-lecture.html

It's proper beneficial maasha'Allaah, and take notes please - it's one of the best lectures or source i've found to understand and learn khushoo'.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-01-2007, 07:16 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
yeah, i have the same problems too, like i look at the place of prostration, than i get this evil thoughts, im not goona mention them, 'cos then they may influence you, and may make thiings worse for you.
i also get wiswaas during recitation,. it sounds like i say certain letters, but they come out with a different pronunciation. and it always happened during surat al fatiha. and the weird thing is, the harder i try to pronouce it right, the harder it gets. any explaination anyone?? and also, it distracts me from my khoosoo (what little i have left of it), or from trying to obtain the proper khosoo.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
01-01-2007, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Bro, its not sunnah to do this [because its sunnah to open the eyes and look at the place of prostration] but try closing your eyes and do it at a different place instead of where that thing is.

Also heres a top lecture where i just heard that point off:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...o-lecture.html

It's proper beneficial maasha'Allaah, and take notes please - it's one of the best lectures or source i've found to understand and learn khushoo'.

don't you mean opening??

- Qatada -
01-01-2007, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
yeah, i have the same problems too, like i look at the place of prostration, than i get this evil thoughts, im not goona mention them, 'cos then they may influence you, and may make thiings worse for you.
i also get wiswaas during recitation,. it sounds like i say certain letters, but they come out with a different pronunciation. and it always happened during surat al fatiha. and the weird thing is, the harder i try to pronouce it right, the harder it gets. any explaination anyone?? and also, it distracts me from my khoosoo (what little i have left of it), or from trying to obtain the proper khosoo.

Try reciting these verses before starting salaah:

Qur'an 20:25

Qala rabbi ishrah lee sadree

[Musa (Moses)] said: "O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).

20:26

Wayassir lee amree

"And ease my task for me;

20:27

Wahlul AAuqdatan min lisanee

"And make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech) [That occurred as a result of a brand of fire which Musa (Moses) put in his mouth when he was an infant]. [Tafsir At-Tabari, Vol. 16, Page 159].

20:28

Yafqahoo qawlee

That they may understand my speech.

http://quranicrealm.com/viewverses.php?q=20&langs=393

- Qatada -
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
don't you mean opening??

:wasalamex

The reason why i said close is because in the lecture, he said that you can close your eyes if you can't concentrate, even though its sunnah to leave the eyes open and look at the place of prostration.

I feel more comfortable with keeping them closed because i know that shaytaan tries to make me think of images of people [even though its really just design] on the prayer mat, so i close my eyes instead and i can focus more that way alhamdulillah.

mustafib
01-04-2007, 08:29 PM
:salamext: There are many things to do to ward of Shaitan's whispers. After evey Fardh Salat recite Ayatul-Kursi. Recite Surah Nas, Surah Falaq, and Surah Ikhlas. Recite these three times when you wake up. Also before going to sleep the Prophet(saws) would recite these and blow in his palms and spread it around his body, he would do this three times before going to sleep.
Wasalam

Skillganon
01-04-2007, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:wasalamex

The reason why i said close is because in the lecture, he said that you can close your eyes if you can't concentrate, even though its sunnah to leave the eyes open and look at the place of prostration.

I feel more comfortable with keeping them closed because i know that shaytaan tries to make me think of images of people [even though its really just design] on the prayer mat, so i close my eyes instead and i can focus more that way alhamdulillah.

Assalamu alaikum bro

The funny thing is that closing the eyes can and do make you imagine more.

What I try to do is concentrate and put my self in a place where you feel like that Allah (s.w.t) is watching over oneself.

skhalid
01-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Hijra...recite parts of the Qur'an such as from Suratul Fat-ha, Suratu Annas, Suratul Falak and Suratul Ahad and soforth....say each @ least 4 times and inshallah your problem will go away...
But jst to add, not all shaitani are bad...because once or twice..I was woken by a voice that I recognise...telling me it is time for Fajri...and I thought it was my mum @ first..when I asked her after I prayed...she said she didn't even come into my bedroom...she was downstaris..awake all nite...
Then I started thinkin'...wooow...this is so inspiring...so for me instead of hearing voices while I pray...I seem to be focused..and try my best to only think about God.. nothing else...and ishallah all our prayers will be accepted!!!

Khattab
01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
An excellent talk by Shiekh Abu Yusuf Riyadh Al Haq exactly about what your talking about.

"As humans we are all victims of the satanic onslaught of evil and insidious thoughts. Only the Prophets عليهم السلام have been granted immunity and protection from shaytan’s whispers. Such thoughts can range from satanic whispers during our salaah, to questions regarding predestination. The aim of these satanic whispers needs to be understood. Their purpose is to deter one from the remembrance and worship of Allah سبحانه و تعالى . A cure for these whispers is contained therein."

Side A http://www.alkawtharacademy.org/down...2009-06-00.mp3

Side B http://www.alkawtharacademy.org/down...2009-06-00.mp3

Abu Zakariya
01-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Here:

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...eng&txt=waswas

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

Waswaas and ideas may cross a person’s mind, especially to do with Tawheed and faith; will the Muslim be punished for that?

He replied:

It is narrated in al-Saheehayn and elsewhere that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will forgive my ummah for whatever crosses their minds so long as they do not speak of it or act upon it.” Agreed upon. And it is narrated that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about the kinds of waswaas and thoughts referred to in the question crossing their minds. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) replied: “That is a clear sign of faith.” Narrated by Muslim. And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people will keep on wondering until it is said, ‘This was created by Allaah, but who created Allaah?’ Whoever experiences any of that, let him say, ‘Aamantu Billaahi wa rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messengers).’” Agreed upon. According to another report: “Let him seek refuge with Allaah and stop it.” Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh.

Tuhfatal-Ikhwaan bi Ajwibah Muhimmah tata’allaq bi Arkaan al-Islam (question no. 10).

Some of the Sahaabah complained about the waswaas that was bothering [?] them. Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ln=eng&QR=25778

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...eng&txt=waswas

There are more beneficial answers to this problem, just go to http://www.islamqa.com and type: "waswas" or "waswaas" insha'Allah.

Don't worry too much abou this, since this is what Shaytan wants. Read the advice found in the links insha'Allah. Be sure to read the adhkaar for night and day (found here: http://www.makedua.com)

Malaikah
01-05-2007, 05:39 AM

^Mashaallah! Jazakallah khayr!

lolwatever
01-05-2007, 08:33 AM
some ppl gave gr8 advise here as well mashalah...

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...-rid-them.html

hope that helps
tc salamz :)

abdussattar
09-02-2010, 03:49 AM
Try this thread
islamicboard.com/prayer/134299033-i-cant-concentrate.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.