View Full Version : Supplications (Ruqyah) For The Sick

chacha_jalebi
01-04-2007, 03:51 PM
salaam

Bismillah ir rahman nir raheem

elo ello :D

as we all know its that time of year when everyone jus gets ill

so:p heres some supplications from the hadiths for the ill :D

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: When a person complained to the Prophet (PBUH) about an ailment or suffered from a sore or a wound, the Prophet (PBUH) would touch the ground with his forefinger and then raise it (Sufyan bin `Uyainah, the narrator, demonstrated this with his forefinger) and would recite: `Bismil-lahi, turbatu ardina, biriqati ba`dina, yushfa bihi saqimuni, bi 'idhni Rabbina' (With the Name of Allah, the dust of our ground mixed with the saliva of some of us would cure our patient with the permission of our Rubb.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: When the Prophet (PBUH) visited any ailing member of his family, he would touch the sick person with his right hand and would supplicate: "Allahumma Rabban-nasi, adhhibil-ba'sa, washfi, Antash-Shafi, la shifa'a illa shifa'uka, shifaan la yughadiru saqaman [O Allah! the Rubb of mankind! Remove this disease and cure (him or her)! You are the Great Curer. There is no cure but through You, which leaves behind no disease].''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I said to Thabit (May Allah had Mercy upon him) Should I not perform Ruqyah (i.e., recite supplication or Quranic Ayat and blow) over you, such supplication as was practised by the Messenger of Allah (PBUH)?'' He said: "Please do so.'' Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) supplicated: "Allahumma Rabban-nasi, mudh-hibal-ba'si, ishfi Antash-Shafi, la shafiya illa Anta, shifa'an la yughadiru saqaman [O Allah! the Rubb of mankind! Take away this disease and cure (him or her). You are the Curer. There is no cure except through You. Cure (him or her), a cure that leaves no disease].''
[Al-Bukhari]

Sa`d bin Abu Waqqas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) visited me during my illness and supplicated, "O Allah! Cure Sa`d. O Allah! Cure Sa`d. O' Allah! Cure Sa`d.''
[Muslim]

although this hadiths aint got a special supplication, it still shows that genuine prayin for the person, can also help em get okily dokily :D:D

Abu Abdullah bin Abul-as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I complained to the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) about a pain I had in my body. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Place your hand where you feel pain and say: `Bismillah (With the Name of Allah)' three times; and then repeat seven times: `A`udhu bi`izzatillahi wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajidu wa `uhadhiru (I seek refuge with Allah and with His Power from the evil that afflicts me and that which I apprehend).'''
[Muslim]

Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "He who visits a sick person who is not on the point of death and supplicates seven times: As'alullahal-`Azima Rabbal-`Arshil-`Azimi, an yashfiyaka (I beseech Allah the Great, the Rubb of the Great Throne, to heal you), Allah will certainly heal him from that sickness.''
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi]

Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) visited a bedouin who was sick. Whenever he visited an ailing person, he would say, "La ba'sa, tahurun in sha' Allah [No harm, (it will be a) purification (from sins), if Allah wills].''
[Al-Bukhari]

Abu Said Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Jibril (Gabriel) came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said: "O Muhammad (PBUH)! Do you feel sick?'' He (PBUH) said, "Yes.'' Jibril supplicated thus (i.e., he performed Ruqyah): "Bismillahi arqika, min kulli shay'in yu'dhika, min sharri kulli nafsin aw `ayni hasidi, Allahu yashfika, bismillahi arqika. [With the Name of Allah. I recite over you (to cleanse you) from all that troubles you, and from every harmful mischief and from the evil of the eyes of an envier. Allah will cure you; and with the Name of Allah, I recite over you].''
[Muslim]

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri and Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If a person says: `La ilaha illallahu wallahu Akbar (There is no true god except Allah and Allah is Greatest)', his Rubb responds to him and affirms: `(Yes!) There is no true god except I, and I am the Greatest.' When he says: `La ilaha illallahu Wahdahu la sharika Lahu (There is no true god except Allah, the One, He has no partner).' Allah (SWT) affirms: `(Yes!) There is no true god except I. I have no partner.' When he says: `La ilaha illallahu Lahul mulku wa Lahul-hamdu (the sovereignty belongs to Him and all the praise is due to Him).' He (SWT) affirms: `(Yes!) There is no true god except I, Mine is the praise and to Me belongs the sovereignty.' When he says: `La ilaha illallahu wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa Billah (There is no true god except Allah, and there is no might and power but with Allah).' He (SWT) affirms: `(Yes!) There is no true god except I, and there is no might and power but with Me.''' The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) added, "He who recites this during his illness and dies, will not be touched by the Fire (Hell).''
[At-Tirmidhi]

hope this helps :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
01-04-2007, 04:19 PM
:w:

shukran for the beneficial post bro jalebi...oddly havnt been sick yet....alahmdulilah.....

in couple of months time, this will def will be looked at inshAllah...

Mawaddah
01-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Masha'allah!! the Ruqya du'as all in one post, Very beneficial walhamdulillah.

skhalid
01-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Ahsante...Shukran...thank you for this...you are rite...@ the momment I have flu...and it don't seem to be getting any better...but we should all pray for godd health and inshallah..we will be good and healthy very soon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nerd
05-26-2008, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
Very beneficial list of supplications. I have quoted the above: It says "May Allah be pleased with him" referring to Aishah ? :?

Intisar
05-26-2008, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
Very beneficial list of supplications. I have quoted the above: It says "May Allah be pleased with him" referring to Aishah ? :?
It's just a mistake. The person who wrote this probably meant to say ''radiAllaahu anha'' after her name, which means ''may Allaah be pleased with her''. :)

Re.TiReD
09-29-2008, 01:15 PM
JazakAllah khayr!

The search facility is just fab!

So Ruqyah is the word for Supplications?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.