/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Preview Userpage

zanjabeela
01-05-2007, 07:12 AM
:sl:
May Allah bless you guys for having to deal with our ridiculous requests. Ameen. Having said that...I have one of my own: Could we have the ability to preview our userpages before making any changes become live? Like how we can preview signatures and preview posts...preview userpages? Please? This would make it a lot less embarrassing for those of us who wish to throw some html together...

JazakAllah Khair for even entertaining the idea.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
01-05-2007, 09:50 AM
:w:
I support that idea with all my heart. :X

lolwatever
01-05-2007, 10:00 AM
actually its posible inshalah, just create a preview.php file which reads the userpage data passed as a FORM variable into the new php file, and then the 'preview.php' will show the new page of the user... if he likes it he can click 'apply' and it will submit to the database, otherwise cancel....

i can do it using coldfusion if u want... alternativly u can for example take a look at the preview code for vb forum posting and simply apply that to the userpage mod.

hpoe that helps :)

tc salamz

ps: btw this post is for the mods... not for us users :p

Malaikah
01-06-2007, 05:05 AM

or you can click that 'A' button on the right hand corner... and it will show it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
01-06-2007, 05:07 AM
which one? the one on the right just shows code view innit :? not preview of wat final product looks like?

maybe i'm thinkn abt sumfn else :hiding:

ws wr wb

Malaikah
01-06-2007, 05:17 AM

yeh but it pretty much shows what it looks like except for the quote and media tags....

do you mean your is already set to show it without the codes? :?

Tania
01-07-2007, 03:36 PM
In which programme have you created the userpage :? :thankyou:

zanjabeela
01-08-2007, 04:15 AM
Tania, I am just hand-coding basic html in the Edit Userpage thingie...sometimes, certain HTML tags get stripped out when I click on Save, and how annoying is that? I would just rather know what is getting stripped out before it goes "live" :)

lolwatever, when I read your reply, I seriously got scared! Then I got to the part about it being for the mods and was like whew!

Malaikah, I wish that would work for the HTML...but alas, no such luck!

Shukran, people! :)

lolwatever
01-08-2007, 11:06 AM
^ lol sis nothing 2 b worried about....

i meant once the mods implement that... eveyrone else can be able to preview their pages just like u can preview your posts b4 u post em. :D

all the best!
salams

The Ruler
01-09-2007, 11:49 AM

on the subject of userpage, can't we have a way to view it easily...like when we click on a member's name, and that drop down list comes up with options like:
- View member profile
- Send Private message to user

etc etc...can we not have an option saying 'View (name)'s userpage'...or something like that?

just a suggestion.

:W:

The Ruler
01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
u have tht link on the members' profiles. chk it?
my bad...the last time i checked, it wasnt there...so yeah

:w:

starfortress
01-12-2007, 09:58 AM

certain HTML tags get stripped out when I click on Save, and how annoying is that? I would just rather know what is getting stripped out before it goes "live"
im not alone in this matter,phew.

Masha-Allah
01-18-2007, 05:43 PM
that would be very handy

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.