/* */

PDA

View Full Version : GCSE Science Double Award Edexcel REVISION

Al-Hanbali
01-05-2007, 08:09 PM
:sl:

OK I have got my GCSE Science terminal exams coming up soon and I was wondering if anyone who is doing this course or who has done it before, can give me some advice on how to revise 12 chapters in about 2, 3 months. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
skhalid
01-05-2007, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

OK I have got my GCSE Science terminal exams coming up soon and I was wondering if anyone who is doing this course or who has done it before, can give me some advice on how to revise 12 chapters in about 2, 3 months. :)
Use A maps...where you can put all the information in word format...so that it is easy to memorise...an A map is similar to a mindmap...but has no full sentences...and it breaks down a topic into many sections, when you look at the information over and over for about 2 days u shud be able to remember all the info....please note...for equations and all that...try finding a memorable way to remember it.
Hope dat helps:)

The Ruler
01-05-2007, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
Use A maps...where you can put all the information in word format...so that it is easy to memorise...an A map is similar to a mindmap...but has no full sentences...and it breaks down a topic into many sections, when you look at the information over and over for about 2 days u shud be able to remember all the info....please note...for equations and all that...try finding a memorable way to remember it.
today's repitition eh sally :p

anyways..what you can do is revise out of a revision guide...dont bother yourself too much with it...seriously...dont stress yourself out...just stay calm and read...and understand...dont try to memorise, but understand...jot the equations etc on a paper and stick tem on the wall...any main words whatever...if you find the hard, write them on a paper and stick them up...read them everyday morning, evening, whenever...it should help...

but then again...you may not like it this way...you may prefer something else...perhaps some other way :)

:w:

skhalid
01-05-2007, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

but then again...you may not like it this way...you may prefer something else...perhaps some other way :)

just do wot suits u...wot u find easy...try all the techniques u know...and find the one that works best for u...wotever really...but do it fast ...lol u aint got tyme!!!
(And tagrid...dont call me Sally...that is a christian name...and I'm muslim...U can call me Chamma!)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maarya
01-05-2007, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
ooooo, someone listened to those people properly today and got something out of it!!! :D

yeah, skhalid's right. we had instuctors today who taught us revision techniques and she's summed it up for you... except here's an easier way and that man said that he guarantees it works:

revise for 30-45 mins
hav a 10 min break
look at the info again for 10 mins
look at it the next day for 5 mins
look at it the next week for 5 mins
look at it every month for 5mins

this works because of the way your brain is programmed. it should work. i'm gonna try it for ma GCSEs....:)

united
01-05-2007, 10:06 PM
what exam board u doin?

Skillganon
01-06-2007, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
what exam board u doin?
It's EdExcel

The Ruler
01-06-2007, 12:01 PM

you are doing the same course, the same board...how come i dont know about any terminal exams in 2 or 3 months :?...and also...err...are terminal exams the actual GCSE exams or are they like mocks/modules :uuh:

united
01-06-2007, 12:02 PM
and have you got one of those lovely Lonsdale revision guides?

Maarya
01-06-2007, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

you are doing the same course, the same board...how come i dont know about any terminal exams in 2 or 3 months :?...and also...err...are terminal exams the actual GCSE exams or are they like mocks/modules :uuh:

i think we've got modules for 3, 4 and 6 in march, thats what miss kelly woz tellin us on thursday... bt thats for single science, i dnt know if double science hav done those ones yet (for edexcel)

strider
01-06-2007, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
and have you got one of those lovely Lonsdale revision guides?
Lonsdale revision guides are some of the best on the market. They include all you need to know for the exams. Also, check out the range published by Heinemann. They usually have books tailored for the particular board and spec you are sitting your exam with.

A general tip: Don't slack. Start now. Instead of sitting around wondering how long it will take for you to revise x amount of pages, just start revising it. Incorporate past exam papers into your revision schedule as much as you can.

All the best.

Inayat
01-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Past papers are really good. You should also, if you haven't already, get your hands on the syllabus. The syllabus is all you need to know and it's great.

Inayat
01-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Make sure you understand what you are revising/the syllabus.

Al-Hanbali
01-09-2007, 08:35 PM

Jazakallah Khair for replying everyone :) Well I better get started :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.