/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When dreams come true

shible
01-06-2007, 03:07 AM
Assalamu alaikkum (warah)

This may feel a bit funny but its a fact that i have experienced.

I used have dreams of some indidents and some of them were not jus dreams they were real incidents in my future. when the incident really happens i felt like i was experiencing it twice.

what does all these happening symbolise.

I need your opinion on this fact

Assalamu alaikkum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
classicalislam
01-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Dreams near to the time of fajar salah are more likely to come true rather than the ones come soon after falling asleep.

A good dream is not always a true dream
A true dream is not always a good dream
-------------------------------
(Islamic Scholar)
www.Classicalislam.com
Graduate of Darul-Uloom London, UK

Sabbir_1
01-06-2007, 03:22 AM
its like deja vu.. this dreams comes true is most common wid women i dont know why but its like they got a sixth sense and it comes in there dreams.and it comes true.. weird!!

. dont know if its same wid men..??

i heard dreams of 4 kind:

1. from shaytan- bad dreams
2: from allah s.w.t
3L from ur ownself..

''used have dreams of some indidents and some of them were not jus dreams they were real incidents in my future. when the incident really happens i felt like i was experiencing it twice.'

u probably rememberd those dreams, and then follwed them.. i dont know.. i dont know howu can even remember ur dreams.. i cant remember the last dream i had...

shible
01-06-2007, 03:40 AM
About seven to eight of my dreams have come true. the first dreams that came true was when i was in my Seventh Grade in my school.

This is not a joke since if you say i was thinking about it and it came as a dream then how could i think of a future on my seventh Grade.

i am not am an intellect i knew where i am not but i have no idea of what would happen to me after a month or two.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
01-06-2007, 05:58 PM
It's nothing to be suprised or alarmed about. True dreams are signs from Allah. I've noticed that it's mostly people who love Allah swt deeply experience true dreams. That's just my observation, not necessarily a fact.

- Qatada -
01-06-2007, 05:59 PM
:salamext:

http://muttaqun.com/dreams.html

shible
01-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Assalamu alaikkum,

Thanks for the information you provided brother.

this thought of dream was a bit disturbing me and now i am relief with your informative link

Assalamu alaikkum

Snowflake
01-06-2007, 07:37 PM
JazakAllah khair for the link Fi bro.

I wanted to say this too but held back in case I was wrong. So it's true mashaAllah.

Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said, "When the Day of Resurrection approaches, the dreams of a believer will hardly fail to come true, and a dream of a believer is one of forty-six parts of prophetism, and whatever belongs to prothetism can never be false."

Malaikah
01-07-2007, 02:46 AM
:sl:

Before receiving the first revelation, the prophet pbuh used to see dreams and the next day he would see the dream come to life, subhanallah.

This happened for six months.

lolwatever
01-07-2007, 02:50 AM
^ yeh the dreams of prophets aren't ordinary dreams. Either revelations or insight into things that will happen.

also.. hence why true dreams is the remaining portion of prophecy in this Ummah. Also as the end of time draws nearer, dreams are more likley to become true.

Abdul Fattah
01-07-2007, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27

3L from ur ownself..
I've read hadeeth that only list the first two, now that doesn't necesairly mean that those first two are the exclusive cause of dreams, but nonetheless I'm not sure the Islamic view on dreams include the psychological self-reflection. Allah subhana wa ta'ala knows and I do not.
Oh btw, I had 'm to, s it's not exclusive to woman.
Or at least I think I have. The problem is I always start to doubt myself afterwards, thinking: nah there might be a different explenation :)
For example, one theory about déja-vu is that it is an echo effect of the subconscious interpreting an event faster then the consciousness does. Although I do in general believe that I've had dreams come true, in all honesty I cannot exclude the possibility of this echo-effect.

Malaikah
01-07-2007, 07:12 AM

^The hadith mentions all three:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Dreams are of three types: a dream from Allaah, a dream which causes distress and which comes from the Shaytaan, and a dream which comes from what a person thinks about when he is awake, and he sees it when he is asleep.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

:)

mujahida3001
01-07-2007, 08:35 AM
DREAMS By Shaad Ahmed

Dreams are broken into three parts according to the Sunnah:

Ru'yaa - good visions (dreams)
Hulum - bad dreams
Dreams from one's self
Abu Hurayrah narrated Muhammad (S) said, "There are three types of dreams: a righteous dream which is glad tidings from Allah, the dream which causes sadness is from Shaitan, and a dream from the ramblings of the mind. (Sahih Muslim)

True/Good Dreams

We can see true dreams are from Allah Ta'aala as Muhammad (S) said, "True dreams are from Allah, and bad dreams are from Shaitan." (Sahih Al-Bukhari)

True believers are more likely to happen to those who are truthful in their lives as Muhammad (S) said, "Those of you with the truest dreams will be those who are most truthful in speech" (Sahih Muslim)

Good dreams are also from Allah Ta'aala. Prophet Muhammad (S) said, "If anyone of you has a dream that he likes then it is from Allah. He should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others." (Sahih Al-Bukhari) Good deeds consist of people doing Halaal (lawful) acts.

One should share their dreams with those they like as Muhammad (S) said, "If one sees a good dream, let him expect good, and not tell it except to those he likes." (Muslim) An example of this is Yaqoob (AS) telling his son, Yusuf (AS) concerning his dream about eleven stars and the sun and the moon prostrating to him (scholars have said the eleven stars were his brothers, and the sun and the moon represented his mother and father): "He said, "O my son! Relate not your vision to your brothers lest they arrange a plot against you. Verily! Satan is to man an open enemy." (Surah Yusuf 12:5) We know the half-brothers of Yusuf were jealous of him to begin with so telling them the dream would probably only serve to increase the jealousy.

Muhammad (S) also told us, "Nothing is left of prophethood except glad tidings." Those with him asked, "What are glad tidings?" He (S) replied, "Good dreams." (Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Bad Dreams

As stated above bad dreams are from Shaitan. Muhammad (S) told us what to do upon seeing a bad dream. "So when one of you sees a dream which he does not like, he should spit on his left side three times, seek refuge with Allah from Shaitan thrice, and change the side which he was lying (Sahih Muslim) and in another narration in Muslim, Muhammad (S) told us if we spit three times and seek refuge from Allah then it (the dream) will not harm them." (Sahih Muslim)

Muhammad (S) also told us that if we saw a bad dream to "stand up and offer prayer." (Sahih Muslim)

Bad Dreams Should Not Be Disclosed

Muhammad (S) said, ...If he has a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Shaitan. He should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he SHOULD NOT MENTION IT TO ANYBODY, then it will not harm him." (Sahih Al-Bukhari) If one does tell somebody about the bad dream then there could be the chance that some harm will come out of it.

Dreams from One's Self

These dreams come from one's thoughts and are neither from Allah or Shaitan.

Lying About Dreams

Prophet Muhammad (S) said, "Indeed the worst of lies is that of a person who falsely claims to have dream." (Sahih Al-Bukhari) also 'Whoever claims to have dream which he did not have, will be ordered to tie two barley grains together, which he will never be able to do; and if somebody eavesdrop on some people's conversation which they didn't want him to hear or they tried to keep away from him, then molten lead will be poured into his ears on the Day of Resurrection; and whosoever makes a picture (of a being with a soul) will be punished on the Day of Resurrection and (will) be ordered to put a soul in it, which he will not be able to do." (Sahih Al-Bukhari)

This is only a short article, but it is hoped this is beneficial to all that reads it, and it will erase some misconceptions people have about dreams. It is also hoped this will stop some practices people do upon seeing good or bad dreams which are not found in the Qur'an or Sunnah.

Anything correct is from Allah Ta'aala and anything incorrect is from myself.

skhalid
01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
Assalamu alaikkum (warah)

This may feel a bit funny but its a fact that i have experienced.

I used have dreams of some indidents and some of them were not jus dreams they were real incidents in my future. when the incident really happens i felt like i was experiencing it twice.

what does all these happening symbolise.

I need your opinion on this fact

Assalamu alaikkum
somefin' people call deja vu...its been said dat some dreams are actually a glimpse of what may possibly occur in ones life but others are just fantasy...but I've experience my dreams it quite weird really...never saw it coming...until it came to a point..and I started thinking...I'm sure this has happened b4...or I dreamt about it...interesting :exhausted

Gangster No.1
06-14-2007, 09:23 AM
So when sum1 has a deja vou, basically when you are all awake and moving and you experince a tingle/feeling deep inside that this has defnstley happened before lyk you have been here before thats is called deja vou, ryt?

but why does that happen?

I have deja vou sum tyms- evry now and agin, but msum tyms it is when its a bad ting and sum tyms when its good.

But why?

duskiness
06-14-2007, 09:29 AM
In Poland, in folk tradition, it is said that such dreams are sign from God that He is with you :)
so smile...you're not alone

nelly
06-14-2007, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
its like deja vu.. this dreams comes true is most common wid women i dont know why but its like they got a sixth sense and it comes in there dreams.and it comes true.. weird!!

. dont know if its same wid men..??

3L from ur ownself..

''used have dreams of some indidents and some of them were not jus dreams they were real incidents in my future. when the incident really happens i felt like i was experiencing it twice.'

u probably rememberd those dreams, and then follwed them.. i dont know.. i dont know howu can even remember ur dreams.. i cant remember the last dream i had...
how do u know which dreams come from the shaitaan or from allah swt or from ourselves

asadxyz
06-14-2007, 09:46 AM
I agree with the opinion of Deja Vu.Otherwise dreams are interpretable.
As far as Quranic concept is concerned :The Holy Quran has very clear concept.

وَمَا كَانَ اللّهُ لِيُطْلِعَكُمْ عَلَى الْغَيْبِ وَلَكِنَّ اللّهَ يَجْتَبِي مِن رُّسُلِهِ مَن يَشَاءَ﴿3:179﴾
Allah is not going to disclose to you what is hidden in the realm beyond the reach of perception, but He chooses from among His Messengers whom He wills (to intimate such knowledge).

عَالِمُ الْغَيْبِ فَلَا يُظْهِرُ عَلَى غَيْبِهِ أَحَدًا﴿72:26﴾ (72:26) He alone is the Knower of the unseen: He does not reveal His secrets to anyone
إِلَّا مَنِ ارْتَضَى مِن رَّسُولٍ فَإِنَّهُ يَسْلُكُ مِن بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِ رَصَدًا﴿72:27﴾
(72:27) except to the Messenger whom He may choose (for the purpose) Then He appoints before him and behind him guards

Only Prophets' dreams are true dreams (as such) because that is a form of Revelation.
Best of luck

جوري
06-26-2008, 01:53 AM
I myself have had dreams since childhood, good or bad, whether I tell or not, they happen exactly as I dream them...

Now I have just read this, and have come across it before
When the Day of Resurrection approaches, the dreams of a believer will hardly fail to come true, and a dream of a believer is one of forty-six parts of prophetism, and whatever belongs to prothetism can never be false."

I'd very much like to know what the other 45 parts of prophethood is?
I realize for instance the ability to perform miracles or fortell the future, but what is the rest? does anyone know pls?

thank you in advance

:w:

north_malaysian
06-26-2008, 02:19 AM
I know that I had dreams... but i cant recall any...

Most of my sleeps are dreamless...as I just have to close my eyes and relax...maybe because I have a pair of very sensitive ears...

In my university years, sometimes my friends talked to me at 3.00 am while I was sleeping becoz they knew I could listen and speak to them while sleeping...

and I think a lot when sleeping...

Eeman
06-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Ok this might not have any relevance but its something i just experienced very recently.
me and my spouse are going through some rough times so i am a point in life where i am seriously thinking of maybe leaving him.
but obviously before coming to any final decision i made the guidance prayer ( istikhara) and i dreamt that he was cheating on me.
now i have tried to find islamic ways of interpreting it but with no help.
so i have this old book which is not a islamic way of dream interpretations but just dream interpretations in general and when i checked on that it stated that when dreaming about ur partner being unfaithful to you it is always the reverse as in it means that they are faithful.
but i dunno if that is a good source and since the dream was as a result of my istikhara do i interpret it literally or does it have to be interpreted by someone with more knowledge?

please do help brothers and sisters!

ma salama

shahrazad
07-21-2008, 11:09 PM
edit

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.