/* */

PDA

View Full Version : .TTF files

Hijrah
01-07-2007, 12:07 AM
I downloaded a whole bunch of ttf fonts but they don't work because I don't have TTF extension on my computer...does anyone know where i can get this...

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
01-07-2007, 12:09 AM
go to control panel, then 'fonts folder' and drag those ttf files into the fonts folder

restart your comptuer.

n the fonts should be now available to use :)

salams

Hijrah
01-07-2007, 12:15 AM
lol, i tried that they won't go in...

salaam

lolwatever
01-07-2007, 12:23 AM
can u send us screenshot bro?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijrah
01-07-2007, 02:53 PM
how is that done?!

let's jsut say the icon looks like a white box with a couple dots in it.

lolwatever
01-08-2007, 09:41 AM
salams bro

press the 'printscrn' button on ur keyboard, then open up microsoft paint (click 'Start' then 'Run' then type in 'mspaint' and hit enter),

then click on 'Edit' up th etop, then 'Paste' and save the file as jpeg... and upload it to www.imageshack.us n giv us the link they give you.

(alternativly, attach the picture here using hte attach feature)

all the best :)
salamz!

akulion
01-08-2007, 09:46 AM
u dont have to restart or anything

Place all the TTf files in a folder
Hightlight them ALL
Right click on them and select "CUT"
(note not copy but cut)

Then open the location in another window:
C:\windows\fonts

PASTE the files into there - it will install them all one by one
and thats all really.

Now whicever application you wanted to use it in, when u restart that application the fonts will be listed.

This method is for NT, XP onwards

lolwatever
01-08-2007, 09:51 AM
^ salams bro, yes normally you don't have to restart, but in the case where you have applications open... they won't pickup the newly installed fonts till the applications are restarted.... so its better to just restart the machine... rather than telling him 2 close down eveyr prog n re-running it :D

*coz some programs remain in background and literally need the OS to be restarted to pickup new fonts..*

akulion
01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
well usually one installs an application for a particular use

In my case its usually for Adobe Photoshop or Flash.

And if I have either running, its easier for me to restart those programs than the whole pc, so good thing to know just in case

Hijrah
01-08-2007, 08:00 PM
jazakullah, i'll remember next time

limitless
01-09-2007, 01:01 AM

@_@ This is kids stuff . ;D c`mon I learned this basic stuff when I was 11yrs old . Well now I'm dealing with transport streams and hdtv blu-ray and avc encoding. Btw, does anyone know about transport streams besides basic stuff?

:w:

lolwatever
01-09-2007, 07:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

@_@ This is kids stuff . ;D c`mon I learned this basic stuff when I was 11yrs old . Well now I'm dealing with transport streams and hdtv blu-ray and avc encoding. Btw, does anyone know about transport streams besides basic stuff?

:w:
Isn't that a diff topic 2 wats bein asked here ? :?

n no shame in learning..... i learnt this way after 11yrs old... didnt even hav a comp at 11

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.