/* */

PDA

View Full Version : similarities between Muslims & Jewish Holy Books.

Muslim Woman
01-15-2007, 09:11 AM
I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

Salaam/peace ;

{ i m posting this following a debate in another thread ''Questions about Judaism answered by a Jew!'' Debate was not allowed there . So , here it is }

similarities between Muslims & Jewish Holy Books.

The following verses are describing how Jews were blessed , also punished by God Almighty in the past . If not mentioned , it's hard to understand which verse is from which Holy Book. { Test ur knowledge ..... can u identify the verses ??? Give me ur honest answer :p }

Still , media & non-Muslims complaint that Quran is hard on Jews. I wonder , why this allegation/misconception ?

Quran described what happened in the past ......if it's harshness , why nobody says Jewish holy Book is also hard on them ? If it's not harshness , then next time , when u see anyone complaining against Quran about this matter , pl. correct him/her.

Hope , my Jewish sisters & brothers know that Muslims do respect Jews as ' people of the Holy Book ' & our holy Quran tells us how children of Israel were blessed by God Almighty. So, if u are not angry with ur holy Book , don't misunderstand Quran, too.

1. And the seed of Israel separated themselves from all foreigners, and stood and confessed their sins, and the iniquities of their fathers

2. Yea, when [u] they had made them a molten calf, and said: 'This is thy God [/b]

3. . But after they had rest, they did evil again before Thee;

4. Children of Israel! call to mind the favour which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all others.

5. But they and our fathers dealt proudly, and hardened their neck, and hearkened not to Thy commandments,

6. Remember Moses said to his people: "O my people! Call in remembrance the favour of God unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples

7. they were disobedient, and rebelled against Thee, and cast Thy law behind their back, and slew Thy prophets that did forewarn them to turn them back unto Thee,

8. Yea, forty years didst Thou sustain them in the wilderness, and they lacked nothing; their clothes waxed not old, and their feet swelled not.

9. We did aforetime grant to the Children of Israel the Book the Power of Command, and Prophethood; We gave them, for Sustenance, things good and pure; and We favoured them above the nations

http://www.convertstoislam.org

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt35b09.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IzakHalevas
01-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Muslim women, may I ask you. People spend there entire lives sudying the Torah and its wonders. Their ENTIRE lives. How long have you studied? Have you done any research other than from a "convert to islam" site?

aamirsaab
01-15-2007, 02:20 PM
:sl:
May I please remind you all that we have a report post function. Additionally, what part of: 'Discussions about other religions in existence. Please keep it civil' is so difficult to understand?

Unfortunately I do not have power over this thread so am unable to delete the posts, however, this doesn't mean rules shouldn't be followed; please refrain from going off topic and insulting other people. I am not naming any names, you know who you are.

- Qatada -
01-15-2007, 02:44 PM
:salamext:

I've deleted all offtopic posts. If it continues, we'll issue warnings.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jayda
01-15-2007, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
Muslim women, may I ask you. People spend there entire lives sudying the Torah and its wonders. Their ENTIRE lives. How long have you studied? Have you done any research other than from a "convert to islam" site?
si... one of the most impressive people i ever met was when i talked to jewish people (who i knew nothing about) on CF and decided to talk to a rabbi and ask him questions... he invited me to see their tefillah (is that right?) and then to a dinner with the rabbi and all the people of his congregation where they answered all of my questions and just talked about life from a jewish perspective... it was VERY impressive... he is maybe in his mid 30s and knew everything about anything i asked, i think he knew the history of every passage of every book in the Hebrew Bible...

it was very different though, there were some cultural things i was warned about before i went so that i did not embarass myself or put him in an embarassing situation... i did not try to shake his hand among other things...

i think the most important thing i learned is that Christianity and Judaism are very different religions... i dont think things like "judeo christian" are correct...

Dios te bendiga

arabiyyah
01-15-2007, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
si... one of the most impressive people i ever met was when i talked to jewish people (who i knew nothing about) on CF and decided to talk to a rabbi and ask him questions... he invited me to see their tefillah (is that right?) and then to a dinner with the rabbi and all the people of his congregation where they answered all of my questions and just talked about life from a jewish perspective... it was VERY impressive... he is maybe in his mid 30s and knew everything about anything i asked, i think he knew the history of every passage of every book in the Hebrew Bible...

it was very different though, there were some cultural things i was warned about before i went so that i did not embarass myself or put him in an embarassing situation... i did not try to shake his hand among other things...

i think the most important thing i learned is that Christianity and Judaism are very different religions... i dont think things like "judeo christian" are correct...

Dios te bendiga
It is more because Islam and Judaism are in an essence a way of life. There is a law, for everything you do almost. Your life is governed by Islams and Judaism's laws, and when you live in a Islamic or Jewish neighborhood that follows the laws, you have a great support system.

Jayda
01-15-2007, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
It is more because Islam and Judaism are in an essence a way of life. There is a law, for everything you do almost. Your life is governed by Islams and Judaism's laws, and when you live in a Islamic or Jewish neighborhood that follows the laws, you have a great support system.
hola arabiyyah...

this is not different for Catholics... i have never met any muslim clerics before but i think what impressed me about this rabbi is how very practical his knowledge was... and how much of that there was... for example he talked about the whole background of why israel came about and explained many different jewish opinions about it and why, religiously, those are... he also talked about the new sanhedrin (which i did not know about) and why for many jewish people it is unacceptable... i think he had everything maimonides ever wrote memorized... i expect as much knowledge from a bishop or whatever the jewish equivalent is (i do not think there is one) but not an ordinary cleric...

Dios te bendiga

IzakHalevas
01-15-2007, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola arabiyyah...

this is not different for Catholics... i have never met any muslim clerics before but i think what impressed me about this rabbi is how very practical his knowledge was... and how much of that there was... for example he talked about the whole background of why israel came about and explained many different jewish opinions about it and why, religiously, those are... he also talked about the new sanhedrin (which i did not know about) and why for many jewish people it is unacceptable... i think he had everything maimonides ever wrote memorized... i expect as much knowledge from a bishop or whatever the jewish equivalent is (i do not think there is one) but not an ordinary cleric...

Dios te bendiga
Rabbi's must study for years and must learn a lot be ready to give full explanations on a random topic, when tested by the "Rav" in their religious school (Yeshiva). These guys do know a lot. :D

Which is the reason I mentioned this to Muslim Woman. People study these books their whole lives, so I wanted to know if she studies to, and if she does not and gets it from an anti-jewish webiste, (since I consider a website that wants you to convert to Islam anti-Jewish) what the purpoe of even discussing this with her are.

Muslim Woman
01-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Salaam/peace ;

why not address the topic , pl ? Have u ever heard any criticism in main stream media or in any interfaith forum against Jewish holy books for having ' apparently ' harsh verses against Jews ? Believe me , i heard many negative comments against Quran for having some ' unkind' verses about Jews.

Anyway , no , i have not spend my entire life sudying the Torah and its wonders but do want to learn. Will u make some time to let us know what ur holy books have to say about Jews regarding blessings & punishment of God ?

IzakHalevas
01-15-2007, 04:39 PM
why not address the topic , pl ? Have u ever heard any criticism in main stream media or in any interfaith forum against Jewish holy books for having ' apparently ' harsh verses against Jews ? Believe me , i heard many negative comments against Quran for having some ' unkind' verses about Jews.

Anyway , no , i have not spend my entire life sudying the Torah and its wonders but do want to learn. Will u make some time to let us know what ur holy books have to say about Jews regarding blessings & punishment of God ?
Of course the Torah has harsh words against the Jews. Just another porrf it is uncorrupted. If it was corrupted then why did they not change all the verses that were negative towards Judaism?

G-d blesses the people of Israel and we are chosen to follow his laws, yet he does punish us when we disobey him, like a parent.

A parent will punish his child when they act bad, but the parent still loves them, understand the example?

Muslim Woman
01-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Salaam/peace ;

Of course the Torah has harsh words against the Jews. .........A parent will punish his child when they act bad, but the parent still loves them, understand the example?
---yap , i do understand. But , sadly many non-Muslims don't understand this simple matter & accuse Quran as anti- Jew. That's why , I started this thread.

PS. what about identifying the verses ? How many understood which verse is from which holy Book ?

Muslim Woman
02-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Salaam/peace

Reminding the Children of Israel that They were preferred above the Other Nations

Allah reminds the Children of Israel of the favors that He granted their fathers and grandfathers, how He showed preference to them by sending them Messengers from among them and revealing Books to them, more so than any of the other previous nations. Similarly,

Allah said,

[وَلَقَدِ اخْتَرْنَـهُمْ عَلَى عِلْمٍ عَلَى الْعَـلَمِينَ ]

And We chose them (the Children of Israel) over the `Alamin, (nations) with knowledge. (44:32) and,

[وَإِذْ قَالَ مُوسَى لِقَوْمِهِ يَـقَوْمِ اذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَةَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ جَعَلَ فِيكُمْ أَنْبِيَآءَ وَجَعَلَكُمْ مُّلُوكاً وَءَاتَـكُمْ مَّا لَمْ يُؤْتِ أَحَداً مِّن الْعَـلَمِينَ ]

And (remember) when Musa (Moses) said to his people: "O my people! Remember the favor of Allah to you: when He made Prophets among you, made you kings, honored you above the `Alamin (nations).'' (5:20).

Abu Ja`far Ar-Razi reported that Ar-Rabi` bin Anas said that Abu Al-`Aliyah said that Allah's statement,

[وَأَنِّى فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعَـلَمِينَ]

(and that I preferred you over the `Alamin) means, "The kingship, Messengers and Books that were granted to them, instead of granting such to the other kingdoms that existed during their time, for every period there is a nation.''

It was also reported that Mujahid, Ar-Rabi` bin Anas, Qatadah and Isma`il bin Abi Khalid said similarly.

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=2&tid=1881

Muslim Woman
02-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Salaam/peace

The Shade, the Manna and the Quail

(And We shaded you with clouds) "This happened when they were in the desert and the clouds shielded them from the sun.''

Ibn Jarir said that several scholars said that the type of cloud the Ayah mentioned, "was cooler and better than the type we know.''

[وَأَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكُمُ الْمَنَّ]

And sent down on you Al-Manna, The manna used to descend to them to the trees, and they used to eat whatever they wished of it.

…..The manna, which was whiter than milk and sweeter than honey, used to rain down on the Children of Israel, just as the snow falls, from dawn until sunrise. One of them would collect enough for that particular day, for if it remained more than that, it would spoil.

On the sixth day, Friday, one would collect enough for the sixth and the seventh day, which was the Sabbath during which one would not leave home to seek his livelihood, or for anything else. All this occurred in the wilderness.

The type of manna that we know provides sufficient food when eaten alone, because it is nutritious and sweet. When manna is mixed with water, it becomes a sweet drink. It also changes composition when mixed with other types of food.

However, this is not the only type. The evidence to this fact is that Al-Bukhari narrated, that Sad bin Zayd said that the Messenger of Allah said,

«الْكَمْأَةُ مِنَ الْمَنِّ وَمَاؤُهَا شِفَاءٌ لِلْعَيْن»

(Kam'ah (truffles) is a type of manna, and its liquid is a remedy for the eyes.)

…………….. "The (Salwa) is a bird that looks like the quail………………… Also, `Ikrimah said that the Salwa is a bird in Paradise about the size of a sparrow.

….During that time, an Israelite could catch as many quails as was sufficient for that particular day, otherwise the meat would spoil.

On the sixth day, Friday, he would collect what is enough for the sixth and the seventh day, the Sabbath, during which one was not allowed to depart his home to seek anything.''

Allah said,

[كُلُواْ مِن طَيِّبَـتِ مَا رَزَقْنَـكُمْ]

Eat of the good lawful things We have provided for you, (7:160) this form of command is a simple order of allowance, guiding to what is good. Allah said,

[وَمَا ظَلَمُونَا وَلَـكِن كَانُواْ أَنفُسَهُمْ يَظْلِمُونَ]

(And they did not wrong Us but they wronged themselves) means, `We commanded them to eat from what We gave them, and to perform the acts of worship (but they rebelled).' This Ayah is similar to Allah's statement,

[كُلُواْ مِن رِّزْقِ رَبِّكُمْ وَاشْكُرُواْ لَهُ]

Eat of the provision of your Lord, and be grateful to Him (34:15).

Yet, the Children of Israel rebelled, disbelieved and committed injustice against themselves, even though they saw the clear signs, tremendous miracles and extraordinary events.

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

http://www.tafsir.com/Default.asp

Malaikah
02-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Of course the Torah has harsh words against the Jews. Just another porrf it is uncorrupted. If it was corrupted then why did they not change all the verses that were negative towards Judaism?
lol, that doesn't prove anything.

rebelishaulman
02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
lol, that doesn't prove anything.
And a bunch of verses from the quran do? :exhausted

Muslim Woman
02-27-2007, 09:08 AM

Salaam/peace;

Fred - United States

Title: Does the Qur'an Hate People of the Book?

19/Sep/2005

Question: Why are there so many references in the Qur’an and in the Hadith of hate and destruction specifically toward Jews and Christians? Isn’t this contrary to the basic premise of love and forgiveness?

Ans: Shahul Hameed

We read in Jeremiah 8:8: “How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.”

Here the Prophet Jeremiah scolds those of the Children of Israel who made the Book of God false even by the use of a pen that distorts.

We see the same idea in the Qur’an too, where God scolds those people of the Book who wrote their own verses in the Book of God and called them God’s. Can we say that God is being deliberately anti-Jewish here?

Many passages from the Bible also criticize the Jews. Read the Hebrew Bible, particularly Micah 3:1-12 and Hosea 8:1-14, in which these prophets condemned the Jews who ‘abhor justice and pervert all equity’ and who ‘build Zion with blood and Jerusalem with wrong.’

These prophets cursed Israel as a “useless vessel among nations” and called for the curse of God to “send a fire upon his [ Judah’s] cities” (Hosea 8:14) , and to make Jerusalem into “ruinous heaps” ( Isaiah 37:26 ). Prophet Ezekiel called Israel “a rebellious nation.” (Ezekiel 2:3).

….in the Book of Deuteronomy Moses warns the Jews that God “will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me” (28:20).

Now, read the following verses of the Qur’an, and judge for yourself whether God is attacking Judaism, when He says in the Qur’an what means:

O Children of Israel! Call to mind the [special] favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I shall fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. (Al-Baqarah 2:40)

And then:

O Children of Israel! Call to mind the [special] favor which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all others [for My message]. (Al-Baqarah 2:47)

Then also:

And remember We took a covenant from the Children of Israel [to this effect]:

Worship none but Allah; treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need; speak fair to the people; be steadfast in prayer; and give zakah.

Then did ye turn back, except a few among you, and ye backslide [even now]. (Al-Baqarah 2:83)

Also read:

We took the covenant of the Children of Israel and sent them messengers, every time, there came to them a messenger with what they themselves desired not—some [of these] they called impostors, and some they [go so far as to] slay. (Al-Ma’idah 5:70)

You can even read much more if you go to Surah 5, verse 78; Surah 7, verse 137; Surah 10, verse 93; and Surah 17, verse 2.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.