/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Excellence Of Having A Simple Life

chacha_jalebi
01-23-2007, 11:51 AM
salaam

Bismillah Ir Rahman Nir Raheem

elo ello :D

as we all know many of the sahabas (ra) led simple lifes, like just a room, no bed, hardly any food, and they were the bestest of muslims, we have everytin and still some of us aint the bestest of muslims :( summin to think bout eh :p lol but living a simple life like the Prophet (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) did and like the sahaba (ra) did, is hard but you get rewarded, cause this world aint nothin :D:D

in surah Yunus v24 it says . . .

"Verily, the likeness of (this) worldly life is as the water (rain) which We send down from the sky; so by it arises the intermingled produce of the earth of which men and cattle eat: until when the earth is clad in its adornments and is beautified, and its people think that they have all the powers of disposal over it, Our Command reaches it by night or by day and We make it like a clean-mown harvest, as if it had not flourished yesterday! Thus, do We explain the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, laws, etc.) in detail for the people who reflect.''

also in surah al kahf v 45-46, Allah (swt) says bout the world . . .

"And put forward to them the example of the life of this world: it is like the water (rain) which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it, and becomes fresh and green. But (later) it becomes dry and broken pieces, which the winds scatter. And Allah is Able to do everything. Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world. But the good righteous deeds that last, are better with your Rubb for rewards and better in respect of hope.''

in surah al Hadeed v 20 . . .

"Know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children. (It is) as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. But in the Hereafter (there is) a severe torment (for the disbelievers-evildoers), and (there is) forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the believers-gooddoers). And the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment". :(

and in surah at takathur it says

"The mutual rivalry (for piling up of worldly things) diverts you. Until you visit the graves (i.e., till you die). Nay! You shall come to know! Again nay! You shall come to know! Nay! If you knew with a sure knowledge (the end result of piling up, you would not have been occupied yourselves in worldly things)".

also surah al imraan v 14

"Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women, children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world's life; but Allah has the excellent return (Jannah with flowing rivers) with Him.''

and these next 2 ayahs jus summarize what the world really is :D

surah faatir v 5

"O mankind! Verily, the Promise of Allah is true. So let not this present life deceive you, and let not the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah.''

and surah al ankaabut v 64

"And this life of the world is only amusement and play! Verily, the home of the Hereafter is the real life if they but knew".

and if that didnt hit the nail in the head :p manz has got sum hadiths about the topic :D

Amr bin `Auf Al-Ansari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) sent Abu `Ubaidah bin Al-Jarrah (May Allah be pleased with him) to Bahrain to collect (Jizyah). So he returned from Bahrain with wealth. The Ansar got news of it and joined with the Prophet (PBUH) in the Fajr prayer. When the Prophet (PBUH) concluded the prayer, they stood in his way. When he saw them, he smiled and said, "I think you have heard about the arrival of Abu `Ubaidah with something from Bahrain". They said, "Yes! O Messenger of Allah!". He (PBUH) said, "Rejoice and hope for that which will please you. By Allah, it is not poverty that I fear for you, but I fear that this world will be opened up with its wealth for you as it was opened to those before you; and you vie with one another over it as they did and eventually it will ruin you as it ruined them".
[Muslim]

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) sat on the pulpit and we sat around him. He said: "What I am concerned most is the flourishment and the beauty of this world will be available to you".
[Bukhari and Muslim]

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said: "O Allah, there is no true life but the life of the Hereafter".
[Bukhari and Muslim]

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Three (things) follow a dead person: Members of his family, his property and his deeds. Two of them return; and one remains with him. The people and his wealth return; his deeds remain with him".
[Bukhari and Muslim

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Among the inmates of Hell, a person who had led the most luxurious life in this world will be brought up on the Day of Resurrection and dipped in the Fire and will be asked: `O son of Adam! Did you ever experience any comfort? Did you happen to get any luxury?' He will reply: `By Allah, no, my Rubb.' And then one of the people of Jannah who had experienced extreme misery in the life of this world will be dipped in Jannah. Then he will be asked: `O son of Adam! Did you ever experience any misery? Did you ever encounter difficulty?' He will say: "By Allah, no my Rubb, I neither experienced misery nor passed through hardship". :(
[Muslim]

Al-Mustaurad bin Shaddad (May allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".
[Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "If I had gold equal to Mount Uhud (in weight), it would not please me to pass three nights and I have a thing of it left with me, except what I retain for repayment of a debt".
[Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Dharr (May allah be pleased with him) reported: I was walking with the Prophet on the stony ground in Al-Madinah in the afternoon when Uhud Mount came into sight. Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "O Abu Dharr!'' I said, "O Messenger of Allah, here I am responding to you". He said, "If I had as much gold as the weight of Uhud, it would not please me to have a single dinar out of it with me after the passage of three days, but I would hold back something for the repayment of a debt. I would distribute it among the slaves of Allah like this and like this and like this.'' And he (PBUH) pointed in front of him, and on his right side and on his left side. We then walked a little further and he (PBUH) said: "The rich would be poor on the Day of Resurrection, except he who spent like this and like this and like this,". and he pointed as he did the first time. "But such persons are few". Then he said, "Stay where you are till I come back to you". He (the Prophet (PBUH)) walked ahead a little further in the darkness of the night and disappeared from my sight. I heard a loud voice. I said (to myself): "The Messenger of Allah might have met (mishap or an enemy)". I wished I could go after him but I remembered his commanding me to stay till he came back. So I waited for him; and when he came, I made mention of what I had heard. He asked, "Did you hear it?". I said, "Yes". Then he said, "It was Jibril (Gabriel), who came to me and said: `He who dies among your Ummah without having associated anything with Allah (in worship) will enter Jannah.' I said: `Even if he committed illicit sexual intercourse or steals?' He (Jibril) said: `Even if he has committed illicit sexual intercourse or steals".
[Bukhari and Muslim]

Abdullah bin `Umar (May allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) took hold of my shoulders and said, "Be in the world like a stranger or a wayfarer".
[Bukhari]

and to round all these up :D:D

Abu Hurairah (May allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "The world is the believer's prison and the infidel's Jannah".
[Muslim]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
^..sTr!vEr..^
01-23-2007, 12:00 PM
good mashAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
01-23-2007, 12:01 PM
respect to the mishtiguy for posting this :D mashaAllaah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.