/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone.....

Al-Hanbali
01-26-2007, 07:11 PM
:sl:

Anyone doing or going to do A-Level Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics?

Just wondering how do you find the subject/s?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-26-2007, 08:41 PM
lol if that means advanced then i wouldnt take it :X. thats jus my opinion, cuz im already takin calculus 2....:X

seeker_of_ilm
01-26-2007, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

Anyone doing or going to do A-Level Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics?

Just wondering how do you find the subject/s?

From that list I do Physics and Maths. They are Ok I suppose. They can be a bit tedious and boring though. It depends, if you enjoy Science/Maths subjects, you'll have fun with those subjects, I however, hate them subjects, and end up procrastinating, but insha'Allah with hard work, they're ok. I would recommend Electronics though, if you are offered that subject, take it, its Awesome!

:w:

Jayda
01-26-2007, 08:49 PM
hola Dhul-Fiqhar,

i have my bachelors degree in biochem... i still remember a lot of introductory chemistry, is there something you need help with?

Dios te bendiga

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PSmuslim
01-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Lol, what's A-level :embarrass

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-26-2007, 09:01 PM
^^ yea...is that advanced level?? ill be doin that with bio and chem...:D i luv science.

Maarya
01-26-2007, 10:12 PM
i hate science so i wont be doing that, but, insh'allah, i will be doing a-level maths in september.
it sounds ok, but hard work!!! our teacher is already teaching us some a-level stuff - mostly in algebra - its not that bad - kind of the same level of work as grade A and A*.

Al-Hanbali
01-26-2007, 10:18 PM

A-Level is yh short for "Advanced Level"......it is studied at College.

Science is cool.....so is Maths to some extent....but I heard that it gets really hard at A-Levels.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Well I'm taking Calculus 2 right now and its ok. I might be easier than it looks. Just involves a lot of Algebra and too many variables. That always kills it for me. Variables I mean.

The Ruler
01-27-2007, 08:59 PM

i am planning on taking maths...possibly double maths, chemistry and biology...they seem mostly an advanced study of what they teach at GCSE's...seem pretty easy...but ofcourse it isnt...so yeah...

ژاله
01-28-2007, 01:03 PM
i'm studying biology,physics and chemistry at As
because
bio......perhaps i may become a doctor
physics.....it is intersting
chemistry....it is better than maths
and maths...i didnt take it because i find it difficult
wassalam

Al-Hanbali
06-28-2007, 04:48 PM
:salamext:

I'v realised that I have no idea what I am going to get myself into by taking all the sciences. I think its going to be too difficult thats why I'm going to change Physics and choose a different subject, but then a dilemma, what shall I change it to? I was thinking about maybe taking ICT but not too sure. Any suggestions?

jzcasejz
06-28-2007, 04:51 PM
As-Salaamu'alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Malik

i am planning on taking maths...possibly double maths, chemistry and biology...they seem mostly an advanced study of what they teach at GCSE's...seem pretty easy...but ofcourse it isnt...so yeah...

MashaAllaah. InshaAllaah you'll do well. :thumbs_up

format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Muhammad
:salamext:

I'v realised that I have no idea what I am going to get myself into by taking all the sciences. I think its going to be too difficult thats why I'm going to change Physics and choose a different subject, but then a dilemma, what shall I change it to? I was thinking about maybe taking ICT but not too sure. Any suggestions?
Well I asked my mates about the deadly sciences, and they said as long as you have a good teacher and put the work in, you'll do fine. So inshaAllaah that'll be of some help to you. Poeple often pump a subject up...but then when you do all the work...you realise that it isn't so hard afterall. I dunno, maybe I'm just chatting breeze...:-\...but you'll do fine.

Not exactly sure what other subject you should do...but ICT will only add to the workload IMO. InshaAllaah you'll find a suitable subject.

BanGuLLy
06-28-2007, 04:59 PM
I love physics... but HATE CHEMISTRY!!!
Are you talking about High school or University/college

strider
06-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I've just dropped Biology for A2.

The Ruler
06-28-2007, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
I went to the ition day today in the new sixth form. And almost all of the girls that chose bio, had droppped it after AS... Is it that bad?

jzcasejz
06-28-2007, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
My friend also it certain that he's dropping it next year. What is it about biology that makes people drop it?

How about AS, that went well?

strider
06-28-2007, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
My friend also it certain that he's dropping it next year. What is it about biology that makes people drop it?

How about AS, that went well?
I love Biology, but my downfall is the exam papers. At times, imo, they are so detached from the syllabus. You go through past exam papers and learn all there is to learn and the exam papers are worded in such a fashion that it is so easy to lose marks and before you know it, you've dropped a few decent grades. Having said that, many people seem to cope well with biology and end up with near to top or top grades, MashaAllah. Personally, for me i've decided i couldn't be doing with the additional stress of revising for biology along with my other 3 subjects which all require a lot of learning at A2.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!