/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Birthdays

panIslamist
07-12-2005, 03:57 AM
Source: iiie.net

The tradition of birthday parties started in Europe a long time ago. It was feared that evil spirits were particularly attracted to people on their birthdays. To protect them from harm, friends and family would to come be with the birthday person and bring good thoughts and wishes. Giving gifts brought even more good cheer to ward off the evil spirits. This is how birthday parties began.

At first it was only kings who were recognized as important enough to have a birthday celebration (maybe this is how the tradition of birthday crowns began?). As time went by, children became included in birthday celebrations. The first children's birthday parties occurred in Germany and were called Kinderfeste.

The Greeks believed that everyone had a protective spirit or daemon who attended his birth and watched over him in life. This spirit had a mystic relation with the god on whose birthday the individual was born.

The Romans also subscribed to this idea. This notion was carried down in human belief and is reflected in the guardian angel, the fairy godmother and the patron saint. The custom of lighted candles on the cakes started with the Greeks. Honey cakes round as the moon and lit with tapers were placed on the temple altars of (Artemis). Birthday candles, in folk belief, are endowed with special magic for granting wishes. Lighted tapers and sacrificial fires have had a special mystic significance ever since man first set up altars to his gods. The birthday candles are thus an honor and tribute to the birthday child and bring good fortune.

These birthday celebrations also involve imitation of the Jews and Christians in their birthday celebrations. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, warning us against following their ways and traditions: “You would follow the ways of those who came before you step by step, to such an extent that if they were to enter a lizard’s hole, you would enter it too.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, (do you mean) the Jews and Christians?” He said, “Who else?” (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) also said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/115)

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said in his commentary on the ayah (interpretation of the meaning), “And those who do not witness falsehood (al-zoor)” (al-Furqan 25:72): As regards the festivals of the mushrikeen: they combine confusion, physical desires and falsehood, there is nothing in them that is of any religious benefit, and the instant gratification involved in them only ends up in pain. Thus they are falsehood, and witnessing them means attending them.

This ayah itself praises and commends (those who do not witness falsehood), which has the meaning of urging people to avoid taking part in their festivals and other kinds of falsehood. We understand that it is bad to attend their festivals because they are called al-zoor (falsehood).

It indicates that it is haram to do this for many reasons, because Allah has called it al-zoor. Allah condemns the one who speaks falsehood (al-zoor) even if no-one else is harmed by it, as in the ayah forbidding zihaar (a form of divorce in which the man says to his wife “you are to me like the back of my mother”), where He says (interpretation of the meaning): “And verily, they utter an ill word and a lie (zooran)” (al-Mujadilah 58:2). And Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “So shun the abomination of idols, and shun lying speech (false statements) (al-zoor)”. (al-Hajj 22:30). So the one who does al-zoor is condemned in this fashion.

In the Sunnah: Anas ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came (to Madinah) and they had two days in which they would (relax and) play. He said, What are these two days? They said, We used to play (on these two days) during the Jahiliyyah. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Allah has given you something better instead of them: Yawm al-Duha (Eid al-Adha) and Yawm al-Fitr (Eid al-Fitr). (Reported by Abu Dawood).

This indicates clearly that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) definitely forbade his ummah to celebrate the festivals of the kuffar, and he strove to wipe them out by all possible means. The fact that the religion of the People of the Book is accepted does not mean that their festivals are approved of or should be preserved by the ummah, just as the rest of their kufr and sins are not approved of. Indeed, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) went to great lengths to command his ummah to be different from them in many issues that are mubaah (permitted) and in many ways of worship, lest that lead them to be like them in other matters too. This being different was to be a barrier in all aspects, because the more different you are from the people of Hell, the less likely you are to do the acts of the people of Hell.

The first of them is: The hadith “Every people has its festival, and this is our festival” implies exclusivity, that every people has its own festival, as Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “For every nation there is a direction to which they face (in their prayers) (al-Baqarah 2:148) and to each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way” (al-Maaidah 5:48). This implies that each nation has its own ways. The laam in li-kulli (for every, to each) implies exclusivity. So if the Jews have a festival and the Christians have a festival, it is just for them, and we should not have any part in it, just as we do not share their qiblah (direction of prayer) or their laws.

The second of them is: one of the conditions set out by Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) and agreed upon by the Sahabah and by all the fuqaha after them is: that those of the People of the Book who have agreed to live under Islamic rule (ahl al-dhimmah) should not celebrate their festivals openly in Daar al-Islam (lands under Islamic rule). If the Muslims have agreed to prevent them from celebrating openly, how could it be right for the Muslims to celebrate them? If a Muslim celebrates them, is that not worse than if a kafir does so openly?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ra`eesah
07-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

barakallahfeek. Interesting article mashallah.

Bittersteel
07-12-2005, 07:07 AM
I used to have birthday parties but I don't have it any longer......

07-28-2005, 01:14 PM
salamu alaykum
what do u think about celebrating birthdays?
pls its very importante for me to know ur opinions :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
07-28-2005, 01:46 PM
:sl:
Nothing great about getting old :).
I have been told tis haraam to celebrate b-days though. personally i think its ok for like little babies and kids. But after a few years nobody cares anymore :p
:w:

Muezzin
07-28-2005, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Nothing great about getting old :)
That's called 'Younger Brother Bitterness' :p

Sis, there's already a thread dealing with this matter :)

islamicpride03
07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
we were told to fellow the prophet's pbuh way of life and he did not cerebrate b-days. ALLAH said that if you try to act like the kufars , you part of them and i think it's not worth it. i would rather go to jana. ( :D insha-ALLAH)

bungi
07-28-2005, 03:28 PM
i think celebrating birthdays is haram :thumbs_do
also u shouldn't celebrate it because u r getting close
die!!! :'(

Muezzin
07-28-2005, 03:33 PM

You also shouldn't celebrate birthdays because the Asian rendition of the birthday song is absolutely appalling.

'appy burrday to you... 'appy burrday to you.. 'appy burrday dear bacha... 'ere's a pack of laddoo'

Good lord, no.

islamicpride03
07-28-2005, 03:54 PM
alHAMDU -LILAAHI WE MUSLIMS ARE SOOOOOOOOOO BLESSED!

Bittersteel
07-28-2005, 04:01 PM
off topic it maybe but not irrelevant.

Are Muslims forbidden to have entertainment?Every type of entertainment?

kadafi
07-28-2005, 04:16 PM
:sl: brother Abdul,

In order for your question to be answered, you need to start a new topic. Posting Off-topic posts is breaching the forum rules.

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Nothing great about getting old :).
agreed.

junna1
07-29-2005, 02:16 AM

Celebrating birthdays is definetly haram cuz, the prophet:arabic5: said we should differ from the kuffar in every way possible.

Ra`eesah
07-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Subhanallah.

If we just take the time to do some research and look into the history for half the holidays that Muslims now celebrate we would in great shock.

The history of "Birthdays" is one that is rather scary, it was invented by the "PAGANS". For fear of the evil spirts so the families of that person would gather around to protect them since it was a common belief that the evil spirts were more dangerous to a person when he/she experience a change in thier life, such as turing a year older. Thus as a result birthdays was an occasion where family and friends of that individual would surround that person with "laughter and joy" in order to protect them from the "EVIL" instead of gifts most guests brought happy wishes however if they brought presents it was to be considered as good omens.

The custom of lighting candles originated with ppl believing that the "gods" lived in the sky and by lighting candles and torches it was a way for them to send signals or prayers to the "gods" so that they could be answered. Hence blowing out candles and making a whish this was thought of another way of sending the "signals/message" to the "gods". In the ancient times ppl prayed to the flames of an open fire, these were also the same ppl that we know of as being " Fire Worshipers". They believed that the smoke carried their thoughts up to the "gods".

Wa na3oothobillah.

So many Muslims now days in Muslim lands celebrate birthdays out of ignorance.

For us [Muslims] are the two Eids that replace all hoildays,

Hadith - Abu Dawood #1134, 1/675, Narrated Anas Bin Malik

The Prophet came to Medina with two days they played in. The Prophet said, ‘What are these two days?’ They said, ‘These are two days we used to play in, in our Jahiliyah.’ The Prophet said, ‘Allah has replaced them with two better days: Eid Al Adhaa and Eid Al-Fitr’.

In conclusion: We are told to oppose Jews and Christians by doing the opposite of what they do, so now imagine "Birthdays" the custom of the PAGANS shouldnt we then oppose even more so?

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Question: What is the ruling on celebrating birthdays?

Answered by Sheikh Salman al-Oadah

If you mean celebrating the likes of the birthday of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) or Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him), then this is clearly unlawful. Such festive days are newly contrived innovations that conflict with the dictates of Islamic Law.

Such rites are from the traditions of the People of the Book. They have a devotional purpose and are carried out seeking nearness to Allah. This is the reason I view such occasions to be unlawful and prohibited.

If, on the other hand, you mean celebrating personal birthdays, then this is something different, since it is not intended as a devotional act or an act of worship. Therefore, it is not as serious a matter. Still, I tend to regard it as something disliked, since it is a case where Muslims are blindly aping a Western practice that is outside of their own experience.

Question: What is the ruling on making or selling birthday party decorations and balloons? Does it take the same ruling as selling Christmas trees?

Answered by Sheikh Salman al-Oadah

Participating in, making, or manufacturing anything that is used for something unlawful is also unlawful, since it is assisting in sin and iniquity. Therefore, selling Christmas trees and Christmas decorations is unlawful.

With respect to birthday parties, the situation is different. This is because birthday parties are not religious occasions and do not have an overt religious cast to them.

A birthday party is not a festival of the nature of an `îd that is a general festive day for the entire community. It is merely a personal occasion that means nothing more than a remembrance of something dear.

http://islamtoday.net/english/show_d...main_cat_id=14

junna1
07-30-2005, 02:38 AM

I totally agree with sis, 3washey. :thumbs_up

07-30-2005, 12:17 PM
salamu alaykum jazakum allahu khairan for ur replays
it was vey interesting to read:)
but my problem is that even i don't want to celebrate my b-day...my friends ;relatives...celebrate it for me...i always get gifts and wishes on my b-day...so what should i do?should i refuse all gifts and recents?...it'll be impolite:(...and sometimes my friends do a surprise party for me...i dont like that a lot:(...but cant say any thing hurting them....?????

junna1
07-30-2005, 05:52 PM

Sis, did you try telling them that you don't want to celebrate your b-day? Maybe if you tell them they will understand. :D :thumbs_up

panIslamist
07-30-2005, 07:27 PM
The Ruling Concerning Celebrating Birthdays.

Question:
What is the ruling concerning celebrating birthdays?

Answer:
Celebrating birthdays has no source whatsoever in the pure shariah. In fact, it is an innovation, since the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ‘alaihi-wasallam) said,

“Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours that does not belong to it shall have it rejected.”

This was recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim. In a version recorded by Muslim and by al-Bukhari in definitive muallaq form.

"Whoever performs a deed which is not in accord with our affairs, that deed is rejected.”

It is well-known that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi-wasallam) did not celebrate his birthday at all during his lifetime nor did he ever order it to be celebrated. Nor did he teach such to his Companions. Therefore, the rightly-guided caliphs and all of his Companions did not celebrate it. They are the most knowledgeable of the people concerning his sunnah and they are the most beloved to the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi-wasallam). They were also the most keen upon following whatever the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi-wasallam) brought. Therefore, if one is supposed to celebrate the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi-wasallam) birthday, this would have been made evident at their time. Similarly, not one of the scholars of the best of generations celebrated his birthday nor did they order it to be done.

Therefore, it is known from the above that such a celebration is not from the Law that Allah sent Muhammed (sallallaahu ‘alaihi-wasallam) with. We ask Allah and all Muslims to witness that if the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi-wasallam) had done so or ordered such to be done, or even if the Companions had done so, we would rush to do it and call others to do it. This is because, and all praises are due to Allah, we are the most keen in following his sunnah and respecting his commands and prohibitions. We ask Allah, for ourselves and for all our brethren Muslims, steadfastness upon the truth, avoiding everything that differs from Allah’s pure shariah. Verily, He is Generous and Noble.

Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz
Islamic Fatawa Regarding Women - Darussalam Pg.33-34

For more information on what constitute imitation of the Kuffar, please read Imitation of the Kuffaar

Rabi'ya
07-30-2005, 07:49 PM
With regards to birthdays......

I try not to celebrate my birthday but as my mum n brother are kaffir I had no choice this year. I try to keep it as low key as poss tho. We went out for food jsut the three of us, and then went to the beach in the evening.

I told my mum I didnt want to celebrate, but she made a good point, she wanted to celebrate and remember the day on which she gave birth to her first child and only daughter - mashaallah i thought that was sweet

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya :rose:

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-31-2005, 12:16 AM
You can use the opportunity if you use the day to be kind to your family, perform Dawah (inviting to Islam), and thanking Allah swt for His favours.

Nakisai
07-31-2005, 12:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
You can use the opportunity if you use the day to be kind to your family, perform Dawah (inviting to Islam), and thanking Allah swt for His favours.
So waht about giving gifts husband b day just pasted and I took him out shopping that day. was that wrong???

Ummu Amatullah
07-31-2005, 01:10 AM
Asalamu Alaykum
Whether it was wrong or not depends upon your intentions. Like they have said birthdays celebration is an innovation.

Nakisai
07-31-2005, 01:26 AM
thanks

Bittersteel
07-31-2005, 09:00 AM
i stopped celebrating birthdays after I was 13 or 14.

Ummu Amatullah
07-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Asalamu Alaykum
Mansha Allah Brother Abdul Aziz

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 07:48 PM
lol, it's like Birthdays Anonymous!

'Hello, my name is Johnny, and I stopped celebrating birthdays when I was five.

*applause and shouts of 'well done'*'

;)

minaz
07-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Jerry Jerry Jerry!

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 07:52 PM
SHUT THE *BLEEP* UP MINAZ, YOU *BLEEP*-ing... GUY!

GET BACK ON TOPIC! :p

Bittersteel
07-31-2005, 09:01 PM
lol

in 2003 and 2004 my younger brother celebrated his birthday three times in each year.

sena
07-31-2005, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
lol

in 2003 and 2004 my younger brother celebrated his birthday three times in each year.

three times in each year.....why?

Bittersteel
07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
my mother well she ............

first he invited our relatives next his friends and then his freinds those who couldn't come before.

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
lol

Three times? Even the Queen leaves it at two! :p

ubah44
08-02-2005, 05:04 PM
salam, ppl dont sey something you dont have any knowledge for it.peace.lool

TEH
08-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Your posts are sooo funny, but anyway, the whole point of the forum is for people to put forward their views, and as long as they say that what they think is their opinion and not some scholars, I dont think there should be a problem with it...

:)

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Yup. And celebrating birthdays is a no-no.

sis_in_islam
08-03-2005, 12:11 PM
I dont think we should celebrate birthdays, theres not much to celebrate when you think about how close death is and how close we are to meeting our lord (Allah Taa'la).

Muezzin
08-03-2005, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis_in_islam
I dont think we should celebrate birthdays, theres not much to celebrate when you think about how close death is and how close we are to meeting our lord (Allah Taa'la).
When you phrase it that way, there is a lot to celebrate. ;)

lyesh
08-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Why do we keep on celebrating and entertaining ourselves? Don't we know that every day almost a thousand of our brothers and sisters are crying 4 their lives. Why don't we use that time to pray for them instead. And by the way even though if that is not the case celebrating birthdays are not something our Prophet(peace be upon him) taught us. we shouldn't follow the unbelievers!!!! :(

*angel*
08-04-2005, 10:23 AM
salaam
i think we shouldnt celebrate our birthdays but the day we r born u have ur islamic birthday i.e u r born on a certain islamic date is tht not right to celebrate??
wasalam

Abdalla
08-07-2005, 11:46 AM
We should not celebrate birthdays as the prophet himself and the sahabas never celebrated it but instead used to fast that day.

Hajar
09-18-2005, 07:37 PM
I was wondering if it is wrong to just congratulate sometbody with his/hers birthday???

Muezzin
09-18-2005, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hajar
I was wondering if it is wrong to just congratulate sometbody with his/hers birthday???
You mean like 'Congratulations! You survived another year of life! Keep it up!' ?

:p

Zuko
09-18-2005, 07:41 PM
http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/n...service_id=446

Hajar
09-18-2005, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You mean like 'Congratulations! You survived another year of life! Keep it up!' ?

:p

lolzz yeah sort of...

Hajar
09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
thanks for the link, but still it doesnt awnser my question.. I know celebrating is not good.. but to just only say congratulations .....:??

TEH
09-18-2005, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdalla
We should not celebrate birthdays as the prophet himself and the sahabas never celebrated it but instead used to fast that day.
Where is that from Bro???

:)

Zuko
09-18-2005, 09:37 PM
thanks for the link, but still it doesnt awnser my question.. I know celebrating is not good.. but to just only say congratulations .....:??
Hmm, I guess if celebrating isn't good, then neither is congratulating them, but this is just my opinion....

Hajar
09-18-2005, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Queenoftheworld
Hmm, I guess if celebrating isn't good, then neither is congratulating them, but this is just my opinion....

Thanks for replying :)

Safa
09-18-2005, 10:51 PM

Instead of saying congrats, you should remind them of how they should consider practicing their deen more since each year we are getting closer to death. Of course that person needs to be Muslim, if that's what your asking.

Hajar
09-19-2005, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desertroze

Instead of saying congrats, you should remind them of how they should consider practicing their deen more since each year we are getting closer to death. Of course that person needs to be Muslim, if that's what your asking. I got the same advice on my birthday as well.

Thanks great advice sis :)

atha
10-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Assalam-u-Alaikum
What do the majority of muslim scholars say about celebrating birthdays?
Thanking you in appreciation
take care
Assalam-u-alaikum

Protected_Diamond
10-26-2005, 06:51 AM
it is not allowed in islam to celebrate birthdays beacuse you are imitating the kafirs

salehah
10-26-2005, 07:27 AM
ASalam o Alikom every one!

uhmmmmm....No harm in it celebrating it in dignified way..but we shouldn't do it religiously/meaning not make it a must!! I think we should remember the day we were born as how helpless and worthless we were and be thankful to Allah SWT for all the blessings He has bestowed upon us...
and mark it as one less year to the meeting of our Allah SWT. No one should ever forget the day of it's creation ...
but again it's just my opinion! :)

wasalam

montoyauk
11-02-2005, 03:25 AM
Birthdays are haram.as 1 year of your life is gone.just think u r 19 u celebrate birthday with party etc,and follwing year your death is written at the age of 20.that is why we should cry on birthdays as 1 year of your life is gone

akhee
01-08-2006, 04:40 AM
Salam to all...m a new member, i juz wanna clarify smth...Rasul SAW had said that we, Muslims will fast 2 days in Muharram since the Jews fast 1 day in Muharram, n he said we'll fast 1 more day to differentiate from the Jews. so now, izit wrong to celebrate bdays not in the form of celebration, but recite some Duas, then distribute the cakes(without any candles)? thiz iz diff from wad the non-Muslims do right? izit ok or its still bida'ah? I need a reply asap regardin thiz plz...Jazakallah Khair.

Nawal89
01-08-2006, 10:01 PM
^I would say it's bid'ah. The prophet never did anything of that kind. Allahu A'lam

Snowflake
01-15-2006, 12:04 AM

I keep telling my family not to celebrate birthdays but they don't listen grrr. I came home one day and found everyone hiding in my living room, video camera at the ready, shouting "Surpriseeeeeeee". Damn right I was surprised! So much that it freaked me out and I ran to my bedroom and locked the door and burst out crying lololol. After that particular surprise, I give them my own surprises by never being home on my b'day hehehehe ;D

Plus I hate birthdays cuz I'm always skint when it's someones birthday. I'm soooo glad muslims shouldn't celebrate them. What a waste of money when there are so many people starving in the world :sister:

akhee
01-26-2006, 03:40 PM
to Nawal89:

when the Prophet sallalaho allahay wassalam
arrived in Madeenah he saw the Jews fasting (on this
day), so when he asked them (about this), they said:
"Certainly, this is the day when Allaah made Moosaa
victorious and destroyed Fir'own". So the Prophet
said: (We have more of a right to Moosaa than you). So
he fasted (that day) and ordered it to be fasted.
(Sahih Muslim vol. 1 pg.359)

hope u now understand the point i mentioned earlier...

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=14

Tasneem
01-26-2006, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ra`eesah
Assalamu'Alaykum

Subhanallah.

If we just take the time to do some research and look into the history for half the holidays that Muslims now celebrate we would in great shock.

The history of "Birthdays" is one that is rather scary, it was invented by the "PAGANS". For fear of the evil spirts so the families of that person would gather around to protect them since it was a common belief that the evil spirts were more dangerous to a person when he/she experience a change in thier life, such as turing a year older. Thus as a result birthdays was an occasion where family and friends of that individual would surround that person with "laughter and joy" in order to protect them from the "EVIL" instead of gifts most guests brought happy wishes however if they brought presents it was to be considered as good omens.

The custom of lighting candles originated with ppl believing that the "gods" lived in the sky and by lighting candles and torches it was a way for them to send signals or prayers to the "gods" so that they could be answered. Hence blowing out candles and making a whish this was thought of another way of sending the "signals/message" to the "gods". In the ancient times ppl prayed to the flames of an open fire, these were also the same ppl that we know of as being " Fire Worshipers". They believed that the smoke carried their thoughts up to the "gods".

Wa na3oothobillah.

So many Muslims now days in Muslim lands celebrate birthdays out of ignorance.

For us [Muslims] are the two Eids that replace all hoildays,

Hadith - Abu Dawood #1134, 1/675, Narrated Anas Bin Malik

The Prophet came to Medina with two days they played in. The Prophet said, ‘What are these two days?’ They said, ‘These are two days we used to play in, in our Jahiliyah.’ The Prophet said, ‘Allah has replaced them with two better days: Eid Al Adhaa and Eid Al-Fitr’.

In conclusion: We are told to oppose Jews and Christians by doing the opposite of what they do, so now imagine "Birthdays" the custom of the PAGANS shouldnt we then oppose even more so?

WoW SubanAllah very interesting
Infomation

SaLaMz

panIslamist
01-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Assalamu alaikum

There is a new book out that talks about this topic in detail. Please read it here:
http://www.qss.org/articles/celebrations/toc.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.