/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Getting logged out while writing a post

khilji
07-12-2005, 07:39 AM
:sl:

Is it my habit of writing long posts, or there is something wrong. I found many times that I am getting logged out in the middle of writing a post. I have lost a few posts like that and now I copy paste it in the notepad, just to be on the safe-side.

I would suggest to increase the time out and use the following algorithm:

- if a person is active (some request from his ip) then update his status as active every 3 minutes, otherwise make him inactive
- if a person is inactive (no request from his ip) then log him/her out after 10 minutes of inactivity

The above will solve this problem, I think

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
07-12-2005, 03:22 PM
qhwn u log in do you have the remember me option ticked

keep that ticked and see cos similiar happened to me, keep it ticked and its fine :)

aamirsaab
07-12-2005, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
qhwn u log in do you have the remember me option ticked

keep that ticked and see cos similiar happened to me, keep it ticked and its fine :)
Me too. Except I have it unchecked cus me and Muezzin take it in turns to go on LI.

(p.s: me and muezzin are brothers for those who don't already know that :p)

khilji
07-13-2005, 01:16 AM

Thanks brothers and sisters, for sharing all the info and suggestions.

I will try the Remember Me option, as Sister Amani has pointed out. This will probably set the cookies correctly, I guess.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.